Super Smash Bros. Bangin' (Accepting Applicants)

Started by SammyGirl, May 12, 2014, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Flyer

My first two. Probably have two more coming soon.

Character Name: Marth (Lucina)
Character Gender and Species: Female (masquerading as Male), Human
Originating Game: Fire Emblem / Fire Emblem: Awakening
Five Words to Describe Personality: Driven, Serious, Stoic, Compassionate (with friends, allies), Strong Willed
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Expert Swordsman/woman, the Falchion
Pokemon or Other Partner: None (anyone want to be her S-Support? ;) )

Brief History: Marth was the Hero-King and swordsman of legend, and a former, legendary combatant in previous Super Smash tournaments. But all legends eventually come to an end...After saving his world from various threats, and teaming with the other Smashers to save the universe from the Slipspace Emissary, Marth returned home and lived out his life, and like all mortals, eventually dying. Years upon years passed...His descendants would come to save the world again, from the foul god Grima, who would finally be destroyed for good by the young noble Chrom and his stalwart companion, known only to history as the Avatar. They wided from an alternate timeline, one where Grima succeeded and they had all died, by their future children. Chrom's daughter, Lucina, was their leader. But despite the joy she had at finally meeting her father, and knowing her mother, it was not her place to remain. As welcome as they made her, they had their own daughter, their own Lucina, and it was simply not her place to continue in this new world...Tired of death, fearful of seeing any other friends die, she fled the world after bidding her infant self to live a better life than she was ever to know. Donning the mask again and resuming her persona of the Hero-King Marth, she was mistaken for her legendary ancestor by the organizers of the Super Smash Bros. tournament, and brought to Minerva to fill his place in the roster. Keeping her true identity a secret, unsure of this new world and technology and people, she just longs to find a place to fit in, to relax...to no longer be alone.

Character Name: Dark Link
Character Gender and Species: Male, Unknown, presumably Hylian
Originating Game: The Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link
Five Words to Describe Personality: Lost, Angry, Jealous, Confused, Bold
Battle Skills and Weaponry: A dark copy of the Hero of Time, every skill and every piece of equipment the legendary swordsman had also belongs to Dark. His primary weapons are a sword and shield, the Dark Master Sword and a Shadow Hylian shield. Also in his inventory are items such as the hookshot, bombs, a bow and arrow, boomerangs, warhammers, gauntlets...Anything that his counterpart ever touched or used, so has this darker clone.
Pokemon or Other Partner: None
Brief History: Dark first came into existence as a curse, a being created by the dark lord Ganondorf's magic when he corrupted the Water Temple of Lake Hylia. When the Hero of Time entered the cursed chamber, a foggy room with mirror-like water and a single island in the center, his essense was drained, copied, and turn into one of his greatest challenges. After an intense fight, the Hero of Time defeated his copy, and that seemed to be the end of it...But it wasn't.

He has no idea how he survived, why he survived, or why he existed. Finding himself alive, barely, on the edges of the restored lake after Ganondorf was sealed inside the Sacred Realm, he tried to learn just who he was. It wasn't long before he was confronted with the exploits of his "brother." The fame, the glory, the popularity...Why couldn't such be his? When the Hero of Time was summoned to Mivera to aid in the creation of the Super Smash tournaments, Dark followed him, and stayed when the Hero returned home. During the second tournament, he confronted his brother again in a challenge, and again in the third tournament, only to be defeated each time. Humiliated, mocked for his existence...Now he emerges again, intent on finally earning the life, the fame, that he's always craved. Instead of a challenger from the shadows, he seeks to participate openly in the tournament, to prove once and for all who the better "Link" is. To prove his worth...To find acceptance, and justification for his existence...

EdwardShane

Oh wow!  I wasn't excepting Lucina.  Very well played sir.  Perhaps should put her and Zero together and see what happens? :P

Ace Flyer

I try, I try, thank you. ;) I was going to make the original Marth, but..Why not mix things up a little, eh? But sure, she and Zero can thread together once she gets approved (does SammyGirl have to approve characters, first?). Now just to settle on who else I'd like to play...Hmm...So many, many choices...

Just curious, what's the focus on this game, anyway? Action with the fights, or characters relationships, both, neither...?

EdwardShane

It's a very good mix up.  I like it.  I think she does need to admittedly, just thought it would be interesting to see these two swordsmen interact. 

Also, it's both, I believe.  We've just had more backstory buildup and one fight than any relationship stuff yet.  But we'll get there ;)

SammyGirl

Marth/Lucina was a good idea! Xd Very nice. And Dark Link too! Glad to have you joining us! You can jump in at any time. There are various places to explore in the stadium. Samus and Zero will be headed back towards the trailer park.

Soren is probably back in the lobby or the main office again. Or the staff cafeteria XD

Ace Flyer

Thank you! I'll find a good spot to jump in, then. ^^

apygoos

feels like he should stress that his link is the hero of twilight, not hero of time or skies.

Ace Flyer

I know. But this Dark Link is the one that fought the Hero of Time, and then just kinda...stuck around, through funky space/time/magic stuff. Seeing as he isn't natural and all, having been created with magic.

apygoos

might i suggest then that he have items unique to the hero of time? i.e. hookshot rather than clawshot, dare i suggest "Dark Arrows" [maybe as a final smash or something] Megaton hammer, biggoron sword, etc. the items that were unique to the hero of time [I wonder if you could get away with saying you have a more normal sized version of Demise's sword, seeing as how its the anti master sword]

Ace Flyer

Well...That's all what I listed, isn't it? I just mentioned things that were typically used in Melee and Brawl. The hooksot, the bow, the boomerang, bombs, the silver/golden gauntlets to explain how he can lift anything he needs to lift.

But as a clone to the Hero of Time, using Demise's Sword would make much sense either. Things should be fine with just calling it a dark version of the Master Sword,  that is typically what is done in fanfiction and other games I've seen.

zergmuncher

Picture
Character name: Gandrayda
Character Gender and Species: Female, Unknown Bio-morph
Originating Game: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
5 words to describe personality: Playful, Mischievous, Immature, Cocky, Young
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Gandrayda possesses powerful shape-shifting abilities. This allows her to assume the forms of various creatures as well as copy their abilities and powers. Their seems to be no limit to her shape-shifting powers as she is able to assume the form of creatures significantly larger than herself such as Berserker Knights and Ghor, as well as transform herself into machines such as swarmbots. She is also shown to be extremely agile, able to make high and graceful jumps, flips, and cartwheels in the air. Gandrayda also appears to have some power over electricity. When she is not using her shape-shifting powers, she attacks from a distance by throwing electric orbs, and electric blades that home in on opponents. In addition, her power seems to affect machines. She can also turn invisible to elude opponents.
Pokemon or other partner: None

Brief History: Gandrayda was a Bounty Hunter from an unknown location. However, she possessed metamorphic abilities similar to the inhabitants of Jovia XII. Her age was unknown, though a psychological evaluation, her predilection for pranks, and her informal speech patterns in even military settings all indicate that she was relatively young, or at least immature in comparison to the other Hunters. She viewed Bounty Hunting as a very enjoyable sport and considered the veteran hunter Samus Aran her chief rival. She intended to surpass Samus as a veteran Bounty Hunter as soon as possible. Gandrayda was a very capable combatant, but was often hired for stealth and reconnaissance missions due to her ability to mimic creatures. Lore on the Pirate Home-world referring to her as "Mistress Gandrayda" suggests that she became a Space Pirate.

SammyGirl

Ace Flyer

Alrighty, I have Dark and Marth heading for registration as, that seems the most logical place...I can edit my post to have them moving elsewhere though if people would prefer such.

apygoos

I have Link wandering the trailer park just walking away from Samus' trailer toward his own.

EdwardShane

I might see about tossing Sheena in somewhere soon in my next post.

I'm sure Dark Link and 'Marth' will meet Soren as soon as Sammy is able to write up a response :) Thankfully her schedule will be less hectic soon.

Ace Flyer

Heh, no rush. I'm working on my next few characters now, they should be up at some point tonight. Just debating how to best portray one of them...

A question, though...I assume that Minerva serves as a hub for a bunch of different alternate universes? For example, Samus is there for the Galactic Federation, and is protection the Porta Omnia for their interests. Such an organization doesn't exist, though, in the universe that Kerrigan is from. So, I'm assuming there are simply a bunch of alternate universes where characters from similar settings come from, to prevent any lore or story conflicts?

Because, admittedly, unless Sammy overrules it, I'm working on a bio for Commander Shepard >>;;

EdwardShane

That would definitely be Sammy's call on the hub part of things.

As for Commander Shepard....I don't think (s)he was ever on any nintendo systems, was (s)he? O.o  Unless (s)he was, I doubt (s)he will be accepted from what I understand.  I could be wrong, just going off of what I know.

Ace Flyer

Mass Effect 3 is on the Wii U. It didn't gain much press, coming out a while after the PC, 360, and PS3 versions, but...It is there. And if Sammy refuses the character, that's fine. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but...I have to try ^^;;

EdwardShane

O.o was it really?  Oh wow, okay then. XD If she allowed Kerrigan over Starcraft 64, then Wii U Shepard might very well work.

SammyGirl

I checked to be sure, and yes, Mass Effect 3 is on the Wii U, so characters from that game are welcome.

Also, to answer a question about universes, this is how I look at it for the sake of this RP:

The universe is a massive, endless place filled with numerous worlds, galaxies, and time periods. The Smash Bros. unites people (and other creatures) from various parts of the universe in one place using methods that transcend both time and space.

zergmuncher

What part of the story line was Kerrigan in for Starcraft 64? Because the way I remember it, she was introduced as the queen of blades in the brood war expansion. Not the original game. Kerrigan the ghost was in the first game however. I could possibly be wrong though.

Pulled this from the Wiki:

Kerrigan originally appears in StarCraft as a twenty-six-year-old female Terran psychic, trained both physically and mentally as an expert espionage agent and assassin. Initially the second-in-command of Sons of Korhal, a revolutionary movement against an oppressive Confederacy of Man, she is captured by the insectoid Zerg and infested, turning her into a human/Zerg hybrid completely under the control of the Zerg Overmind. She becomes one of the Zerg's most powerful agents, but during the Brood Wars she replaces the Overmind, following the Overmind's destruction at the end of the great war, and gains control of the Zerg to seek dominance over the galaxy. Kerrigan's life before her infestation is further explored in the novels Uprising and Liberty's Crusade, while Queen of Blades elaborates on her infested character.

EdwardShane

To my understanding, it's the fact she was in a Nintendo game at some point in time, not the point of the storyline she was at in said game. o.O

Also, she adopted the name Queen of Blades shortly after she was originally infested.  The Overmind was still alive at that time.

SammyGirl

The N64 port included Starcraft and Brood War, as well as a special secret mission in which you have to use you have to use nano-tech serum to reverse the effects of infestation on a human being. (Infested Stuckov). Jim Raynor looks at the results as an opportunity to possibly save Kerrigan. I played the game when I was a kid, but if you want confirmation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft#Nintendo_64_version

Info on SCN64 is there.

zergmuncher

Then I am proven wrong. No hard feelings here guys. Oh and Sammy I was wondering if my character was approved and if so where do I post and when?

EdwardShane