A recommendation:

Started by Hellion000, November 13, 2010, 10:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellion000

Adding a tag function to O/O's and profiles.

Using a tag cloud function to allow for ease of searching might make things easier in the 'looking for fun' department.

Basically, we'd all just plug in the various tags we like and then when we were looking for that specific fetish we could go over to the cloud and click that fetish. Then the site would filter the users who had that fetish in their tags and list them. Once we had that somewhat shortened list, we'd be able to skim O/O's a lot easier to find a specific match.

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Hellion000

That's in the profiles.

A tag cloud would be on the main page, and would allow you to search without going through the profiles first.

Oniya

Didn't there used to be a search feature on the new O/O's?  I remember using one at some point, where you could select a given kink and whether it was a preferred, want to try, or never.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

elliquiy.com/forums/activeroleplayers.php

You enter the specifics into the search fields and how strongly you want them. For example you can serch for someone who likes werewolves and at the same time doesn't lile catfolk...
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Trieste

Top of the forum, click 'players'. :)

Hellion000

I saw that. It's only my opinion, but it's really clunky and a bit slow. The cloud is more streamlined and friendly.

Caeli

Such a feature would probably be taken into consideration for a future upgrade of the site. For now, you'll have to make do with what we have.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

jouzinka

Been answering that when I was on my phone, so I wasn't too keen on writing long. ;D

Personally I think that only a cloud of fetishes would be somewhat contraproductive and I'd see it as a step back. Rarely do I look for a single fetish only. Plus, with E's nature, searching for a certain fetish can give you results of very different players with very different tastes. If you're interested in heterosexual RPs in general, searching for "collars" can bring forth both those who like to give and receive as well as all genders and orientations.

It would simplify the search, yes, but it would make targeting the right person all that much harder to find. In my opinion.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Vekseid

Quote from: Hellion000 on November 13, 2010, 11:37:57 AM
I saw that. It's only my opinion, but it's really clunky and a bit slow. The cloud is more streamlined and friendly.

'No opinion' removes the entry from the database table, so a cloud or cloud assistant wouldn't be faster.

I've got a lot planned for the new CMS but I'm leery of making promises.