Enemy of Mine (Black Manta Seeking Wonder Woman for unexpected collaboration)

Started by BlackestKnight, July 31, 2013, 09:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

Enemy of Mine

Every so often you get a story arc featuring a hero and villain temporarily putting aside their differences and forming something of a mutually beneficially alliance in the face of some greater evil or for something just as basic as survival, a valuable lesson in the form of "Not so Different" is usually a theme behind stories like this, maybe if the villain never had his or her "defining darkside character horizon" he or she could have been a hero or possibly a partner in another lifetime. The two may become close during their time spent together, sometimes developing intimate feelings and sometimes acting upon those feelings but not always. May lead to a lot of back-to-back badass moments and hero saves villain, villain saves hero.  Sometimes the villain may pull a double cross on the hero at some point in the story, though the hero usually expects the betrayal. Though it's not uncommon for  the villain to honor the terms of the truce either. This is probably my favorite kind of story telling device, it has its origins in the Arab proverb. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Another phrase used to describe this is "War makes for strange bedfellows." This results in a scenario where foes must work together to achieve a common goal.

Story: This story will revolve around Wonderwoman and Black Manta being unexpectedly boomtubed to the most hostile planet in the  star system after a recent battle . A literal desert planet of the worst of the worst. Danger lurks upon every crevice and spec of sand, if it's not for the inhospitable weather, it's the man-eating sandworms,  then the slavers and bandits. The only way make to make it out of the miserable rock is through conquering the coliseum games as the undisputed Champion of the planet. Without the league, the light or Wonder woman's invisible ship , They must rely upon each other for each other's survival, but can they overcome their differences or will they succomb under the weight of them?