Monsters Wanted: This Means You! (D&D Style Freeform)

Started by Henderson, June 15, 2010, 09:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dready

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 18, 2010, 03:21:03 PM
Ok, let's try a direct link to the pic... let me know if you still cant see it.
Maybe gelbooru is illegal in certain countries?

nope, the image itself just won't load. I know that gelbooru is legal in the US.

EDIT: It loaded up, but not the second image.

EDIT: Both images finally loaded up. I think it might 'ave been something to do with the storms.

NotoriusBEN

alrighty, that's good. USA guy here, too.
just wasn't sure.

dready

Though I honestly could always use an alchemist-trained spellcaster. You're hired. *tosses a bag of 30 pieces of platinum* Get yourself some materials, and we'll see you on sunday.

Kunoichi

>>

<<

Looks like a bit of a sausage-fest in here. :P Any room for two lovely ladies?

...Two lovely ladies with at-will Greater Teleport and various other useful spell-like abilities? ;D

Names: Beryl and Berith
Alias': The Fiend Sisters, Beauties of the Lower Planes, etc.
Species': Erinyes and Succubus, respectively.
Sexual Orientations: Attracted to Both Genders and Attracted to Both Genders Everything, respectively.
Demeanours: Polar opposites of one another.  One's neat and ordered, the other messy.  One's fun-loving and carefree, the other's something of a workaholic.  One almost wonders how they manage to get along at all, but they do somehow.  It's like a sitcom, but without the hilarious misunderstandings.
Dungeon Roles: Discipline and Morale, respectively.  Both are willing to fill in anywhere else that's needed, of course.

dready

That at-will Greater Teleport better have a recharger on it like it can be used once per 1d4 rounds.

Other than that, welcome aboard.

Kunoichi

*checks the SRD*

QuoteSpell-Like Abilities
At will—greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), charm monster (DC 19), minor image (DC 17), unholy blight (DC 19). Caster level 12th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

QuoteSpell-Like Abilities
At will—charm monster (DC 22), detect good, detect thoughts (DC 20), ethereal jaunt (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), suggestion (DC 21), greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only). Caster level 12th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

...Not by default, though I wouldn't mind having to accept a 1d4 recharge time.  I think the at-will nature is somewhat counteracted by not being able to take along anything else but 50 pounds of objects, though.  Either way, here are links to the stats of an Erinyes and Succubus, in case you want to put any other limitations on any innate abilities that you see as being overpowered.

Diabolus Lupus

oooh, here's a game I can sink my teeth into. ;D

Let me take a look through some of the characters I've already made (Seriously does it just for fun) And I'll post something when I get back home later.

dready

It all looks to be well within what I'd approve of. If you want you can have the greater teleportation have a limitation of 200 lb but can only be used once per 1d6 rounds instead of being restricted to just 50 lb.

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 04:50:12 PM
oooh, here's a game I can sink my teeth into. ;D

Let me take a look through some of the characters I've already made (Seriously does it just for fun) And I'll post something when I get back home later.
I'll be waiting.

Kunoichi

Sounds good to me. ^^ Perhaps the sisters will be able to help with dungeon construction?  Transportation of materials, anyway.

Diabolus Lupus

Ok, quick question, how do you feel about the Monster of Legend template?

I'm not sure where to find it online, but it is listed in......MM2 pg. 213.

And Dragonkin? which are in draconomicon around pg 150.

NotoriusBEN

Incidentally, I have a guidebook that has lots of rules and such for building strongholds and dungeons.

We could use it, or not. But it's got prices for stuff and sizes for things (Stronghold Squares), since you gave us the equivalent of 3000G to build our own little section of the dungeon.

So taking the guide into account, since the place is in a marsh (swamp) and going underground, stuff would cost 20% more, but hewn stone walls are free because well... it's underground.

If anything, it's an interesting read...
Since I cannot post a link to it in the forums, and possibly PMs, I could send the link to a dummy hotmail account if you guys want.

Henderson

Mostly, i was going to roleplay it.

Whats the book's name?
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

dready

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 18, 2010, 04:53:42 PM
Sounds good to me. ^^ Perhaps the sisters will be able to help with dungeon construction?  Transportation of materials, anyway.
Sounds splendid. ^-^ Would you both be sharing your room or having separate ones?

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 04:58:05 PM
Ok, quick question, how do you feel about the Monster of Legend template?

I'm not sure where to find it online, but it is listed in......MM2 pg. 213.

And Dragonkin? which are in draconomicon around pg 150.
No and No to both. Not a fan of either of those.

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 18, 2010, 05:06:08 PM
Incidentally, I have a guidebook that has lots of rules and such for building strongholds and dungeons.

We could use it, or not. But it's got prices for stuff and sizes for things (Stronghold Squares), since you gave us the equivalent of 3000G to build our own little section of the dungeon.

So taking the guide into account, since the place is in a marsh (swamp) and going underground, stuff would cost 20% more, but hewn stone walls are free because well... it's underground.

If anything, it's an interesting read...
Since I cannot post a link to it in the forums, and possibly PMs, I could send the link to a dummy hotmail account if you guys want.
I'm familiar with building dungeons in-game, and you don't have to worry about actually creating your own rooms.

Also: you only have 300gp (1 Platinum piece = 10 gp or so i thought. nonetheless, it's enough for whatever you would require to furnish your rooms to how you'd see fit)

As for the dummy hotmail account, no. You can send the information through PM's as they are private.

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
No and No to both. Not a fan of either of those.
ok. That's cool. What about gargoyles?

Also the conversion rate is 10 gp= 1 pp standard. I have played with varying rates on occasion.

dready

Gargoyles are alright, but those would be rather out of place in a swamp dungeon that is also underground.

Kunoichi

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
Sounds splendid. ^-^ Would you both be sharing your room or having separate ones?

Could they share a room, but have it be big enough for a little divider to seperate it into two mini-rooms?

dready

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 18, 2010, 06:20:38 PM
Could they share a room, but have it be big enough for a little divider to seperate it into two mini-rooms?
I don't see why not. *tosses two bags of 30 platinum each to the two* We should be getting some more adventurers lined up for this.

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 06:19:57 PM
Gargoyles are alright, but those would be rather out of place in a swamp dungeon that is also underground.
ok. I'll see what I can come up with. I might be able to find a template that might make him fit in a little. Otherwise I'll have to look at some of my "less fun" characters.

dready

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 06:27:04 PM
ok. I'll see what I can come up with. I might be able to find a template that might make him fit in a little. Otherwise I'll have to look at some of my "less fun" characters.
A Feral Gargoyle might work for an underground dungeon, and I would allow you to replace the flying speed with movement instead cause i think the flight speed is faster than ground for a Gargoyle.

NotoriusBEN

Sigh~ how can a wizard with morally ambiguous plans hope to have a decent laboratory with so little gold to work with... All right you lot, get diggin'.

Baromer sets his minions to digging out tunnels from the main chamber... maybe they'd be lucky and hit a silver-vein or something...

:P

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Now all we need is a Living Spell to clean the hallways and so on...

Ironwolf85

"I'll save my gold for better things..." a minotaur needs tools and labor... the peate could  make fine weapons though
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

dready

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 18, 2010, 06:42:27 PM
Sigh~ how can a wizard with morally ambiguous plans hope to have a decent laboratory with so little gold to work with... All right you lot, get diggin'.

Baromer sets his minions to digging out tunnels from the main chamber... maybe they'd be lucky and hit a silver-vein or something...

:P
It's to purchase anything specific you require without needing to ask me. If you require more, you'll have to run it by me.

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 18, 2010, 06:48:10 PM
Hmm.  Now all we need is a Living Spell to clean the hallways and so on...
I've got a wizard who made an improved version of the Unseen Servant spell, and he owes me some favors so it won't cost anything.

Kunoichi

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 07:32:57 PM
It's to purchase anything specific you require without needing to ask me. If you require more, you'll have to run it by me.

Berith: "Like a torture room?"

Beryl: "Disciplinary room."

Berith: "Oh come now, we both know they're the same thing."

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 07:32:57 PM
I've got a wizard who made an improved version of the Unseen Servant spell, and he owes me some favors so it won't cost anything.

Beryl: "Hmm.  I'd been thinking of something like a Living Prestidigitation, myself.  I could probably draw up a basic statblock for one, if you'd like.  I'd have to check around for pricing estimates, though."

Berith: "Presty!"

Beryl: "...No.  You're not giving this one a name.  I learned my lesson when you energy drained the Living Evard's Black Tentacles to death at our last job posting.  And you're not getting one of those again, either."

Berith: "But...  But my favorite type of tentacle monster..."

dready

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 18, 2010, 07:56:15 PM
Berith: "Like a torture room?"

Beryl: "Disciplinary room."

Berith: "Oh come now, we both know they're the same thing."

Beryl: "Hmm.  I'd been thinking of something like a Living Prestidigitation, myself.  I could probably draw up a basic statblock for one, if you'd like.  I'd have to check around for pricing estimates, though."

Berith: "Presty!"

Beryl: "...No.  You're not giving this one a name.  I learned my lesson when you energy drained the Living Evard's Black Tentacles to death at our last job posting.  And you're not getting one of those again, either."

Berith: "But...  But my favorite type of tentacle monster..."
Yes, though such a room would be slightly deeper in the dungeon than the first initial ones.

Well the spell is a combination between an Unseen Servant bound to an object, with Prestidigitation, and then Animate Object casted on the item, then permanent to seal the three spells together. Tis rather cheap to make, and if multiple ones are made they can be created for special tasks as well. For example, a scrying mirror could be connected to one and it would follow it's owner about as the others clean and perform minor tasks, acting as sentries as well. Though with ideas such as yours, I wouldn't mind a Research and Development team for such items.