Xena

Started by Levi, May 31, 2018, 08:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Immortelle

TGG

Name: Joleth (Yo-leeth) Sumah (shoo-muh)

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Age - Appearance: 21
Age - Actual: Unknown
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nationality: Nordling - (Quarter-Mortal)

Height:5'0"
Eye Color:Ocean Blue
Hair Color:Golden Blonde
Physical Description:Curvy with hefty bottom-heavy frame. Muscularly built.

Character Strengths:Joleth is a character in her own right, considering she is physically capable of handling tasks and matter of prowess that allow her to be an expert in combat. Aside from her endurance and charismatic charm of gutting an enemy when need be, Joleth possesses a silver-tongue as well. Versed in both native Icelandic dialect and Common, she is able to persuade many with her fluency in switching between her languages with a soothing attitude in order to confuse and betray those who do not know of her culture's words. As a Quarter-Mortal, Joleth is nearly flawlessly ageless, though her physical threshold may have its limits outside of her godlike durability and inhuman speed to accompany her form.
Character Flaws: Due to her nearly everlasting lifespan, there is an accord with the humor of the Gods' graces. Where Joleth is endowed with beauty, strength, and mastery of combat, she is left wanting. For her height, is below those of mortal standards. Almost embarrassingly so, considering everything else about her weaknesses comes to light. Her short temper, and inability to properly grasp the coils of mortals as her parents have always been able to. Surely, the faults do not end, as many times Joleth finds her higher form unable to connect with other mortals whom are not touched by Hercules, either spiritually, or physically, which leads the daunting short-comings to bring anger into the Nordling's heart. Due to her ageless form, she has become cold on top of the burning turmoil of her loose anger.
Skills & Talents: Joleth is a master of the Shield and Axe form of combat, as is much of her clanmates and viking brethren. Along with Spears, and common swords. Aside from the grit of combat, matronly duties have been instilled withing Joleth's mindset as well, that includes cooking, and taking care of wounded men and women. Though she isn't the most skilled shaman, she does have an understanding of medicinal practicies to help mortals with their many ailments and injuries that could occur.

Weapons: Joleth's weapons usually consist of a bare-hands approach, though her prowess and understanding of axes, swords, and spears allows her to utilize any at a given opportunity.
Other Equipment: Joleth carries around a Shield, bearing the mark of a Goddess, that had long been since forgotten to a Pantheon of possible Celtic/Norse Mythos in which she hails due to her mother's lost virtue. Her armor is built for the cold recesses of the Northern lands, but keeps her cool enough for the Southern heat as well.

History: Growing up was a journey in itself for Joleth, considering it took her a considerable amount of time to do so in the first place. She had been kept a secret for what seemed to be decades, before the official discovery of her existence was made as an offering to the higher power in charge of making sure the lands were prosperous. Dedication and hard work prevented the true wondering of what it was like to be Human, though through the help of many scribes and acolytes from various walks of life, the babe grew up to be a child. Joleth possessed power, dangerously so in her young age, and was rumored to have possibly been an offspring of unknown origin on top of simply being an anomaly to nature. Rumor that was was a baby born in the blood of battle, it was clear that no one was to treat her the same, which effectively ostracized her from a normal existence even then. It wasn't as if she begged for the burden of ascension, or perhaps it was the mark of whom allowed her birth to be conceptually obligatory, led Joleth to believe she was a bastard. Word spread that Hercules may have spread himself a bit wider than the fables had spoken of, as he was rumored to have delved into the lands of other Gods. If these did hold up to be true, the evidence of her form and slowly maturing body attested to the years of dedication that felled even the most senior of sitters that young the young Nordling under their wind.

Generations of folk had come and gone, before she knew it, and Joleth was left to her own devices after the supposed order of things had been decimated. It didn't take much longer before records of her life and the numbers of time that hadn't added up, for people to grow suspicious of her life, and cast her out for fear of magic gone awry that produced a spawn of evil, rather than a paragon of good. Forced to walk the earth, desperately attempting to meet others whom would help her, Joleth made it a mission to find out the truth about her upbringing, and why she had been forsaken from the godhood she was apparently destined to live out. Some sort of purpose, she could only assume, that needed to be fulfilled before she could ascend properly. Until that day came, however, finding her mother was enough for her. Decades rolled on by, and by the time Joleth was able to start the hunt, she had surpassed another generation of Humanity, as the trails went cold year after year,  until the once fresh events of history faded into mythic scroll and ancient lore. So much time had passed that even Joleth herself questioned her own perceived reality, as magic was nearly untouchable to her, though the fact she'd been doomed by a God she had never known, loomed as a possibility. To Joleth, this land, was her Hades...

On's:Consult the F-List or myself personally.
Off's:Consult the F-List or myself personally.

Player: TGG
Faceclaim:Katheryn Winnick

(Going to be honest, I have nothing for the character's background due to the fact I barely remember Xena from early childhood. However, I am willing to work with you guys in figuring out what would work. I'm interested in this RP, so I thought to make an OC that would hopefully make a reasonable addition.
https://www.f-list.net/c/tgg - Super old and I made it when I was an active Second Life user. Still holds up slightly, depending on whether I play a male or female character.

Elf

TGG, I do have a few questions.

1) I guess to help with the blank history. Why Is Joleth in Greece? Give us a bit of knowledge of how and why she has left the lands of the north. Also some information about her parentage would he helpful as part of her history.

2) You put actual age as unknown, hinting at her being ageless. Can she be killed by normal means?

3) To go along with the previous one. How long does it take her to heal injuries or recover from an illness?

TGG

Quote from: Elf on June 16, 2018, 04:30:30 PM
TGG, I do have a few questions.

1) I guess to help with the blank history. Why Is Joleth in Greece? Give us a bit of knowledge of how and why she has left the lands of the north. Also some information about her parentage would he helpful as part of her history.

2) You put actual age as unknown, hinting at her being ageless. Can she be killed by normal means?

3) To go along with the previous one. How long does it take her to heal injuries or recover from an illness?

1) To be fairly honest, I was thinking that maybe her bloodline and having to deal with the horrid cadence and unfair treatment of being more than Human, would call for her to want something else. Not that she would have a choice aside from killing those whom carried enough prejudice in their hearts to go out of their way to attack her, and inevitably die in doing so. She'd have been sick of it all, and wanted to travel South. That makes sense, I hope, otherwise, I'll try harder to stretch out more events in-between?

2) I was hoping to make her technically ageless, as being Quarter-Mortal poses the risk that she will one day die. Either by natural causes, or by a severely wounding blow that would cross her threshold of godlike physiology.

3) I would suspect it wouldn't take her far too long from injuries. Say if it took a week for a Human to recover from a wound, she'd heal in only a couple of days? That sound good? If not, that can be remedied.
https://www.f-list.net/c/tgg - Super old and I made it when I was an active Second Life user. Still holds up slightly, depending on whether I play a male or female character.

Elf

Quote from: TGG on June 16, 2018, 05:35:04 PM
1) To be fairly honest, I was thinking that maybe her bloodline and having to deal with the horrid cadence and unfair treatment of being more than Human, would call for her to want something else. Not that she would have a choice aside from killing those whom carried enough prejudice in their hearts to go out of their way to attack her, and inevitably die in doing so. She'd have been sick of it all, and wanted to travel South. That makes sense, I hope, otherwise, I'll try harder to stretch out more events in-between?

2) I was hoping to make her technically ageless, as being Quarter-Mortal poses the risk that she will one day die. Either by natural causes, or by a severely wounding blow that would cross her threshold of godlike physiology.

3) I would suspect it wouldn't take her far too long from injuries. Say if it took a week for a Human to recover from a wound, she'd heal in only a couple of days? That sound good? If not, that can be remedied.

Okay, you don't need to know much about the series to give Joleth a believable history after all she's not from Greece. Just give something brief about her linage and how and why she came to be where the other characters are.

Put something in her strengths about her greater durability and faster healing. (i.e. Davos heals 5x faster than normal humans)

Her being ageless could be both a strength in that she would immune to magic that would cause rapid aging and a flaw as she has to deal with watching mortals grow old and die around her and possibly having to hide the fact that she does not age.

Chantarelle

Would it be plausible for there to be other divine pantheons. Or are we just sticking with Greece’s Gods and Goddeses?
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Elf

Quote from: Chantarelle on June 16, 2018, 06:34:12 PM
Would it be plausible for there to be other divine pantheons. Or are we just sticking with Greece’s Gods and Goddeses?

I believe other divine pantheons would be quite plausible. Just give us a believable reason why it's in Greece.

TGG

Quote from: Elf on June 16, 2018, 06:22:51 PM
Okay, you don't need to know much about the series to give Joleth a believable history after all she's not from Greece. Just give something brief about her linage and how and why she came to be where the other characters are.

Put something in her strengths about her greater durability and faster healing. (i.e. Davos heals 5x faster than normal humans)

Her being ageless could be both a strength in that she would immune to magic that would cause rapid aging and a flaw as she has to deal with watching mortals grow old and die around her and possibly having to hide the fact that she does not age.

I'll update the history shortly, and all of these points of what could be put in are agreeable with me. Immunity to aging magic and is severely depressed due to the fact she can never really become too attached to others because she know they'll all eventually "leave".

TGG

Quote from: Elf on June 16, 2018, 06:48:17 PM
I believe other divine pantheons would be quite plausible. Just give us a believable reason why it's in Greece.

Fixed it up somewhat. If I need to change anything further, let me know.

Elf

Quote from: TGG on June 16, 2018, 07:11:47 PM
Fixed it up somewhat. If I need to change anything further, let me know.

I think it looks good. Final decision is, of course, up to Levi.

TGG

Quote from: Elf on June 16, 2018, 07:32:26 PM
I think it looks good. Final decision is, of course, up to Levi.
Awesome.

HockeyGod

Oh dear, this one got me quite excited...question...

1. Would you ever take guest appearances?

Elf

Quote from: HockeyGod on June 16, 2018, 08:17:47 PM
Oh dear, this one got me quite excited...question...

1. Would you ever take guest appearances?

Based on the image I'm guessing you're asking about occasionally bringing in Ares. I had mentioned that he should be NPCed from time when I offered to help Levi by being her co-GM as I do not think one of the gods should one of the regular PC's. I think for the occasional guest appearance though it would be alright for a player to handle him.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Elf on June 16, 2018, 09:02:35 PM
Based on the image I'm guessing you're asking about occasionally bringing in Ares. I had mentioned that he should be NPCed from time when I offered to help Levi by being her co-GM as I do not think one of the gods should one of the regular PC's. I think for the occasional guest appearance though it would be alright for a player to handle him.

Also characters like Hercules and Iolaus.

Elf

Levi has mentioned to me that she received a PM from somebody wanting to play Hercules, so he may not be available. As far as I know no CS has been submitted yet. Iolaus is available for guest appearances or regular play. The only limit on PC's is on the immortal characters.

So far the only CS we have received for a canon is Xena which is being played by Le Immortelle. Both Levi and myself have OC's.

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Levi

Quote from: HockeyGod on June 16, 2018, 10:31:01 PM
Also characters like Hercules and Iolaus.

The role of Hercules is now available as the person who stated interest before has pulled out.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated