LADY DEATH -Who Will Dare Enter?

Started by bubby, November 06, 2011, 01:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Got some news today that's made me a smidge angry. Hopefully I'll have things figured out later, so I'll try and get to the OOC and char sheet thread tomorrow gang. Sorry for the delay.

bubby

OK! Took me a minute but I have threads made so we can begin!

Character Sheet Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124081.0

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124080.0

Vegas IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124084.0

Hell IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124085.0

If ANYONE is ready to post in either of the IC threads to begin, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY encourage you to do so! I myself will be posting this weekend at some point, since I work during the week and weekends my muse is actually awake and willing.

HAPPY RPING!

Interested

I"m going to have to drop. I feel like complete and utter fuck ton cunt shit.

bubby

Sorry to hear that Interested! I hope things get better!

Onryō

Sisters Bound and Fated

I humbly put forth my character for consideration into this game, if there is anything that needs tweaking or changing then let me know.  There is innate differences between Kyumi and Yunari, the Onryo of her deceased twin sister.  Traits that reflect Yunari specifically are in italics.

Name: Kyumi Sakora

Orientation: Kyumi: Heterosexual, though potentially BiCurious

Yunari has no sexual drives or inclinations

Affiliation: Lucifer

Physical Description: (Earth persona if applicable) Kyumi:  Attractive, slight and willowy build.  Her skin tone home to a subtle tan and she has rich blue eyes and long black hair that cascades across her shoulders and to the mid point of her back, sometimes she wears it tied back.  Kyumi is for all intents and purposes, no more powerful nor enduring than any mortal, it is only through her intimate binding with her sister that make her so.

Physical Description: Shadows weave and embrace around Kyumi, writhing like snakes as the dark vengeance of her deceased twin sister asserts herself through her.  The switch occurs as the shadows consume her.  As the darkness relents, it reveals Yunari, the onryo of her dead sister.  When her vengeful sister asserts herself, her skin tone becomes markedly paler and her eyes become considerably more crisply blue in their hue.  She wears an unshackled straight jacket, a nod back to how she met her end in the corporeal world.

Earth Job: Kyumi is a member of a theater troop, she is an accomplished performer  and also a fairly adept dancer. 

Powers/Innate: Kyumi/Yunari prenatural senses, clairvoyance, telekinesis, mind control, accelerated healing (Kyumi only, though she can use this gift on other injured parties)  (note:  mind control I only foresee being of use at times directed against mortal NPCs and takes the form of suggestion implantation, it is not going to be at the levels that would be need to implant suggestions into PCs)

NB.  Kyumi is NOT immune to death, however her binding with Yunari make her somewhat resilient as the Onryō will emerge during times of danger as a means of protection for her.  I also think that Yunari would be the dominant presence during any scenes in 'Hell' as that might be a bit much for fragile Kyumi

Special Abilities: These are skills possessed by Yunari only and can only be accessed if the onryo is dominant.

Death Proof: As an Onryo she has already shuffled beyond the mortal coil and death holds no precedent over her

Ghostly Presence: As a ghost, she has abilities that would naturally be associated with such a creature.  Doors and walls, unless adorned with some seal, would not impede her.  She would likely be a handy spy, perhaps an assassin.

Psychic Infection:  An ability to instill in her targets mind that which they ’fear’ most and have them see and feel it as though it really is reality.  The effectiveness of this will decrease against those with greater psychic defenses.

Weapons: Kyumi possesses no weapons save what she might acquire, she is not really built for combat, though her dance training has made her somewhat nimble on her feet and she can run when she needs to.

Yunari possesses no actual weapons either.  However, she can call into play the leather straps that are bound to her straightjacket.  These writhe and burn through the air to an almost sentient degree and each of the eight straps is tipped with a sliver of metal that came from a legendary Japanese blade called  Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi.  In legend, this sword was used to defeat the eight headed serpent Yamata-no-Orochi

Background Kyumi and Ynuari were twin sisters, Yunari the eldest by a minute. Their mother was a gifted psychic, their father a scientist who had fallen in love with her during the studies that had been conducted with her.

Both children displayed similar capabilities of their mother, however it was Yunari who was the more outwardly gifted of the two, her psychic abilities more potent and aggressive.  Whilst Kyumi’s were more subtle and suggestive.  It appeared that each child had inherited a certain facet of their mother’s abilities.

It was when Yunari hit her teen years that she had increasing difficulty in control the violent side of her psychic gift and it was during one particularly fierce argument with her mother that young girl, in a wild rage, crushed her mother’s heart and killed her stone dead.  From their the family fell apart.  Their father turned to drink and Kyumi was fostered out. 

Yunari, however, was committed to an asylum where she was routinely abused and tormented.  This catalogue of abuse over several years eventually led to her death, a brutal beating at the hands of the asylum’s director.  The story was far from finished there though.  Yunari’s body was destroyed but her soul lingered on in the form of a raging vengeful ghost that turned the asylum into a charnel house of bloody revenge. 

The pain of loneliness was too much and her ghost left the place of her death, drawn to Kyumi, her sister, her own flesh and blood.  Yunari found a means to bind with her sister.  Enabling both the living and the dead to inhabit Kyumi, they would never be parted again.

Kyumi has since tried to live a ‘normal’ life and for the most part she is content to hide away from the glare of attention and keeps her own psychic abilities closely guarded.

Yunari, being dead and a spirit drenched in destruction of course, is aware of the shift of power in Hell.   Onryo’s are beings of tradition and revenge, and nothing is more traditional than having Lucifer sat upon Hell’s throne and revenge on lady Death for her usurpation of Lucifer.

bubby

O....M.....G!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT! You are DEFINITELY approved Onryo! Go ahead and put it in the character thread, and if you're so inclined you can even make an opening post in the Vegas IC thread.

WELCOME!!

Aiden

Onryō

Quote from: bubby on November 11, 2011, 04:53:24 PM
O....M.....G!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT! You are DEFINITELY approved Onryo! Go ahead and put it in the character thread, and if you're so inclined you can even make an opening post in the Vegas IC thread.

WELCOME!!

Thank you.  I am happy to be accepted into your game, it looks like it is going to be a lot of fun. 

I shall start working on an opening post today!

Quote from: Aiden on November 11, 2011, 05:06:07 PM
Wicked character and design!

Thank you.  Aiden.  Now lets see if we can't get Hell back into its rightful hands lol

Capone

I'm gonna bookmark and keep my eye on this. Not familiar with the source material, so I'm not sure what to expect, really.

bubby

OoOoOoo...a stalker! Awesome!

The basic premise is -actually- evil vs evil. Lucifer has been banished from Hell to Earth by the Avatar of Death ..aka Lady Death. Lucifer wants his domain back, but must gain his "strength" back to be able to do this, and is using humanity to do this. Lady Death thinks he's gone, and has her sights on eliminating humanity, plus dealing with civil war in Hell.

Earth and humanity are in the middle of all this, so there is a small 'good guy' element to the story as well.

These are basically comic personas, so you get to have slightly over the top powers and strengths, aka kick some ass and take some ass kicking!

Aiden

Quote from: Capone on November 12, 2011, 04:32:58 AM
I'm gonna bookmark and keep my eye on this. Not familiar with the source material, so I'm not sure what to expect, really.

I am not familiar with the source either and I am winging it myself.

bubby

And a damn good winger you are!  ;)

Thorn14

I had a rough week. So I lost my motivation...Can I still make my character?

Name: Rose
Orientation: Never thought about it...
Affiliation: (Humanity)
Physical Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
(Dressed in black jeans with tools around her belt, leather vest with bullet proof vest under her dark green shirt and depending on a job, leather gauntlets with her daggers, spear hidden in a backpack containing other things as well. Boots with a hidden blade in them as well.
Earth Job: (Rose is a hopeful initiate of a demon hunter guild, she has proven herself as an aspiring hunter, and while her experience is not that great, she is working hard, and has a few kills under her belt already. Her day job however is that of a college student, studying photography.)

Powers/Innate: She is more or less a normal human who is training to the best of her ability. She has gear that can help her repeal demons such as holy water and scrolls, as well as paper charms. She mixes regions, religions, and folklore in her skills, western and eastern.
Special Abilities: She can sense strong demonic presences near by.
Weapons: Several charms and scrolls that have minor magical effects useful for hunting demons. A blessed revolver with several anointed bullets. Its not the greatest gun but it gets the job done. She also carries two daggers that are attached to thin wires that connect to her wrists, letting her recall them after being thrown. And lastly a collapsible spear that can be concealed, the tip is blessed.
History: Codename Rose didn't know much of her past. She was raised by the hunters her whole life. She suspects her real parents were killed by Demons, but every time she asked the question was dodged. There was more to it she knew but her training had to come first. Originating form the city, the Demon Hunter Guild based itself in the basement of a gym. Churches were too obvious. For the longest time it was all she knew, so her social skills suffered as a result, but over time she began to learn to be a skilled hunter, and while she was no where near the skilled of the hunters of legend or her master, she was proving herself to be quite good at her job. Now she has gone to Vegas to investigate a disturbance...

bubby

Of course it's ok Thorn! I hope everything's ok for you.

The character looks great so far, so when you've got it complete go ahead and add it to the character thread, the link being available a few posts down from this one. The other threads are there too, OOC and both IC threads.

THEN, you can go ahead and post in the Vegas IC thread whenever you're ready! Don't worry about being all hurried on posts or anything, cuz this won't be a majorly speedy game. We all have things happen, so I like to be pretty open-minded with that.

Thorn14

Appreciate it, just I've had to work on class stuff pretty heavily this week.

bubby

Quote from: Thorn14 on November 16, 2011, 08:08:32 PM
Appreciate it, just I've had to work on class stuff pretty heavily this week.

No worries at all hun. I am FAR from a stickler on 'hurry up' posting.

Jmorty33

Been putting this off for awhile now (DCUO is more addicting than I thought), so now I'm putting my character up. The inspiration for this character came from the most bad ass demon of all time:

Name: Dante
Orientation: Straight
Affiliation: Lady Death
Physical Description:
In his true form, Dante is a human sized, humanoid demon, with four toed reptilian paws, a semi-reptilian hide, a pair of sweeping horns, a pair of hybrid feathered/bat wings and reptilian spines protruding from his back. His entire body appears to be made of grey armor with accents and overtones of red and purple among his very white flash, and features biological decorations, such as molten gold veins about his hands and arms, chest, shoulders and back, a diamond shaped red gem in the center of his chest, as well as skull-shaped gold knee and elbow guards.
Physical Description:
Dante stands st 6'2 with snow-white hair and of a tanned complextion. His hair is somewhat parted with his bangs brushed down; Dante's standard apparel consists of a red-colored long, two tailed coat. The coat has zippers on the sleeves and a buckle around his waist. Under that is either his armor or a standard black cloth shirt with various runes scrawled across it. He is normally wearing red trousers to match his coat, with black greaves placed over them for added protection.
Powers/Innate: Pyrokenesis and can see great distances
Special Abilities: Dante is stronger than the average demon, and is fast. He can dash short distances to dodge attacks. He has low regenerative abilities, able to heal knicks and cuts in mere minutes but greater wounds take longer (can't regenerate limbs or vital organs).
Weapons: Two swords, Rebellion and Hadhafang.
History: Dante is the son of a demon father and a human mother. The demon came and raped his mother in the human world. When he was born the father came and bore him to hell where he would live out the rest of his life. He grew to hate his father for taking him away from his mother, so he chose to rebel against him, choosing to take his human form over his demonic form. His farther chose to do nothing about it figuring it would soon pass and he would come to accept his demonic heritage. His father trained him in the ways of the sword and he became skilled in it. When Lady Death gathered her forces to fight Lucifer, he decides to join her. He killed his father and he took his sword and went to join her in the fight for Hell.

Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

bubby

I like it!! Here are the threads you'll need to start in case you don't have them already (if not sorry for double posting them) and you can go ahead put the character in the right thread, and even make a post in the Hell thread.

We've only just begun playing so you'll be able to slip in easy, and really, no worries on slow posting. I'm not a stickler, and prefer slow posting myself, as weekends are better for me anyway!

Character Sheet Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124081.0

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124080.0

Vegas IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124084.0

Hell IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124085.0