I am Thou, Thou art I....PERSONA! (Closed)

Started by Empyrean, December 30, 2017, 05:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

I’m wondering what people will think of Mallory when she comes along! I wonder how she’ll be introduced actually, considering she isn’t apart of the student body. D:

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 10, 2018, 11:02:38 PM
I’m wondering what people will think of Mallory when she comes along! I wonder how she’ll be introduced actually, considering she isn’t apart of the student body. D:
Suo's response would likely be a succint "What the hell is she doing here?" type of confusion.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Eliza

Gardsorm

Yup! Game hasn't started yet, still waiting on Empyrean to look over the characters, and seeing who else is interested.

Cythieus

I think if we get too many more the game is going to get unwieldy. We probably need to start a thread for completed characters so we can get an accurate count.

I guess I'm the other goddamn GM, so that 'we' is meant in the personal sense. Only thing is I don't know what forum we're putting this thread in...

TheHangedOne

My own suggestion would be Bondage: Human (or Exotic) Small Groups. Despite the presence of monsters to fight and all, I really doubt things will go into the Extreme territory. But Bondage gives some player freedom that 'Light' wouldn't. Again, though, this is just my 'two cents', use it or discard it as you both see fit.
Check out my poet tree!

Cythieus

I guess we can go with that and if it needs to be moved, then we can.

I hope no one is hoping on fucking any of those animal Personas though...

Soveliss

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 11, 2018, 05:25:12 PM
My own suggestion would be Bondage: Human (or Exotic) Small Groups. Despite the presence of monsters to fight and all, I really doubt things will go into the Extreme territory. But Bondage gives some player freedom that 'Light' wouldn't. Again, though, this is just my 'two cents', use it or discard it as you both see fit.

I wouldn't put it past putting it in extreme if there is the possibility of getting scenes as graphic as Akira Kurusu's forced confession that is the very beginning of P5. Man, that scene still gives me nightmares.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Cythieus

To me, extreme was more of a measure of how out there the sex gets. Like if you're taking vore or barbed penises or other things that aren't conventional things.

Gardsorm

Yeah, I don't think we need Extreme for something like this. I do agree Bondage would fit the bill, Non-Con would probably push it.

@Soveliss: I think bondage could still cover that. Was a hell of a beating though, I admit. They really worked for that mature rating.

TheHangedOne

"Bestiality, bathroom play, and gore" are some of the keywords used in the description of Extreme. I'm pretty sure no one is looking forward to golden showers, animal-screwing, or paragraphs of explicit torture-violence and mutilation.
Check out my poet tree!

Cythieus

So I had meant to post this, but I forgot to hit Post at the bottom and just scrolled away. Doh.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=281248

That is the character thread.

And yeah, y'all try to keep from peeing on each other.

Soveliss

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 11, 2018, 05:35:25 PM
"Bestiality, bathroom play, and gore" are some of the keywords used in the description of Extreme. I'm pretty sure no one is looking forward to golden showers, animal-screwing, or paragraphs of explicit torture-violence and mutilation.

I guess. I was under the impression that a brutal beating like in the P5 intro was the kind of stuff that would end up in the "Extreme" category, but that was before rereading the rules. Also, it depends on the kind of injuries our characters can expect from combat, though IIRC combat injuries from the Persona series ted to be minor stuff.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Tokyorose627

I’ll be fixing up Asahi into something else, but I like the Thread we’ll be in. Not a fan of the extreme stuff. :P

Eliza

So, I was going to make a character and searched for an Arcana and was very attracted to the Lovers Arcana, more so to the crossroads dilemma. Reading on, it seems the support role has been heavily used with people with the Lovers Arcana. I don't mind being a healer or buffer or debuffer, but would you welcome that into the game?

I obviously won't have a weapon for offensive attacks.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Eliza on January 11, 2018, 05:57:52 PM
So, I was going to make a character and searched for an Arcana and was very attracted to the Lovers Arcana, more so to the crossroads dilemma. Reading on, it seems the support role has been heavily used with people with the Lovers Arcana. I don't mind being a healer or buffer or debuffer, but would you welcome that into the game?

Ah, unfortunately my female character has the Lovers Arcana! D:

If you want I could look through the list and see if something else fits her?

Gardsorm

Quote from: Eliza on January 11, 2018, 05:57:52 PM

To be fair, as Tokyo pointed out, she took The Lovers. o= However also know that being of The Lovers doesn't mean you're regulated to Support explicitly. You can indeed still fight!

If you're looking for a support role, The High Priestess has also been known to pack alot of support/healing types. The Lovers is like in the middle of it and The Empress in my opinion.

Edit: I hate this phone sometimes.

Cythieus

In 5 Anne is the Lovers Arcana and she's never really seen as having the healing or buffing spells. She's mostly fire related and it's Morgana (Magician) that has your first healing stuff.

TheHangedOne

Just some suggestions:

Quote from: Stars
The Star’s got a dream that inspires her and fills her with hope, even if it’s far off and not terribly realistic. Inspite of whatever obstacles she faces she’s resolute in her pursuit, never losing sight of her objective twinkling in the darkness.
A dream to heal the broken (maybe even including herself), as an example.
Quote from: Death
This isn’t as scary as it sounds. Ends can bring new beginnings, and a person of the Death Arcana understands this better than anyone, as he has changed after experiencing loss. Learning to cope with this and carrying on is Death’s burden, as change is an inevitable part of life.
A metaphorical death as she's passed from one life stage to another; maybe she's changed from being self-obsessed to selfless, which would explain why she would be heavily focused on healing.

Quote from: Strength
Strength is a person, not of physical might but of resourcefulness and inner fortitude. She looks for creative solutions to problems and doesn’t back down when confronted with severe threats—hence why its Arcana depicts a maiden holding a lion at bay.
When everything's on the line, and people are falling around her, someone of the Strength Arcana could be the champion who stands tall, and brings the others back from the precipice of death or defeat.

I'm pretty sure none of these have been claimed, but pardon me if I'm wrong on that fact. It's a little hard to keep track of which has and hasn't been taken.
Check out my poet tree!

Gardsorm

Actually? All three of those have been taken, though The Star is a bit questionable since that's for a second character from Tokyo and we have no idea on the verdict of second characters.

Unclaimed Arcanas include: The Magician, The High Priestess, The Hierophant, The Emperor, The Empress, The Chariot, The Wheel of Fortune (though someone was considering making a character with this Arcana), Temperance, The Sun, The Moon, The Star (again, tentative)... The World is unselectable... And that's about what I remember.

Claimed Arcanas:
The Fool, The Lovers, The Hanged Man, The Hermit, Strength, Death, The Devil, The Tower, and The Judgment

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 11, 2018, 06:20:51 PM
Actually? All three of those have been taken, though The Star is a bit questionable since that's for a second character from Tokyo and we have no idea on the verdict of second characters.
Well, that's a little embarassing.  :-[ Sorry.
Check out my poet tree!

Gardsorm

It's alright! I couldn't check fast enough since my phone gets a little slow, and I think I'm missing one Arcana so I can't be sure... Wait, Temperance, also unclaimed.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 11, 2018, 06:20:51 PM

Unclaimed Arcanas include: The Magician, The High Priestess, The Hierophant, The Emperor, The Empress, The Chariot, The Wheel of Fortune (though someone was considering making a character with this Arcana), The Sun, The Moon, The Star (again, tentative)... The World is unselectable... And that's about what I remember.

Claimed Arcanas:
The Fool, The Lovers, The Hanged Man, The Hermit, Strength, Death, The Devil, The Tower, and The Judgment

If my second character gets accepted after this revision I'm doing of him, The Star arcana would be fine to claim! I would be using the Emperor Arcana if it gets accepted!

Eliza

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 11, 2018, 06:02:25 PM
Ah, unfortunately my female character has the Lovers Arcana! D:

If you want I could look through the list and see if something else fits her?

Sure, that'd be good. I'll have to post the character sheet, so you can narrow it down. I was going to have her be a foreigner who due to financial reason became the object of affection of a sugar daddy. After she is literally kicked to the curb, she either has to choose to keep looking for illicit ways to support herself or strike it out as her own person (taking into account the theme of finding one's ultimate purpose).

I've played the games, but I was mostly into the Social Links.

Tokyorose627

So I feel like my redo of my Male character Asahi should be put up here, because he has to be looked at by GMs anyways? So here's my new version, with different Arcana as well. D:

Name: Asahi Hosetsu
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Arcana: The Emperor
Weapon: Gun

Personality: Asahi is someone that takes his job, and himself, very seriously. He isn't usually the one that jokes around and acts casually around everyone, with him ending up being the responsible one of any group. Due to this outlook, his co-workers and even people that he knows have dubbed him the "Parent", as he tends to be the one that reminds others of stunts that could happen or injuries that could come from doing stupid things, even if they are fun. His outlook has become much more analyzing and critical, especially in his work environment, ever since his sisters accident and their dream being crushed. He can be relaxed however and lose his rather serious attitude when things die down, and he can even seem genuinely likable as people get to know him. He tends to be rather blunt, sometimes insulting others when he simply speaks he truth. Not many people tend to get to know him because of this, and he's ok with that, usually tending to be the loner of the staff at Suikuinote. If others would take the time to know him and get past his rather rough and icy exterior that he has around him, they would get what Asahi is really like; a broken man that needs some form of stability in his life after what happened to himself and his sister.

Background: Asahi was born to a single parent, a caring mother, along with a younger sister, two years younger to be exact. With having no father, his sister Saya had trouble making friends, which prompted Asahi to be more of a brother towards her, being her guardian and protector, and for most of their childhood, her best friend. The two growing up were inseparable, always playing together and helping one another and their mother, finding that the two loved the same hobbies, such as reading, writing, and even more so, singing. While Asahi would play piano, his sister would sing, and the two found that over time, they could possibly make this into something that could earn them money, enough to help their family that was struggling financially. While Asahi was working on his degree to Teach, he would take his spare time to help Saya train and practice to make her way into auditions to become an Idol. When he came to help with her audition, the Manager noticed the twos chemistry, and asked both of them to sign with their label, as a sibling duo.

A bit shocked by the idea of being an idol, his sisters smiling and excited face couldn't deter him from helping her, and with their family needing money, he took the deal along with his sister, taking a break from continuing his path for a teaching degree. The two debuted as the duo known as "Crystal Blue", and with a Single already released, they were beginning to get attention, already getting money to help their mother have a better home, and a better lifestyle for them. With their work and partnership, Asahi was able to protect and work with his younger sister so that they could earn money, and even more so, keep his promise to her that he would sing with her forever.

Things began to change however, one year later, when he noticed his younger sister acting a bit strangely as of late. She was a bit more distant, and tended to be distracted, not listening or spacing out when others were talking to her. he hadn't noticed anything happening since then, so her behavior worried him, but each time he tried to talk to her about it, she would dismiss it, saying that it was nothing and that she was just tired. A month later, his sister ended up in the hospital, having been spotted trying to commit suicide by jumping from a roof of a building nearby her management company. The accident didn't kill her, however the stress of everything caused her to fall into a coma, resulting in her contract being frozen.

Distraught over what happened, Asahi visited her everyday, intent on figuring out what exactly caused her to try to take her life, all while he had to continued performing solo, at his Managers's assistance. It wasn't until a few weeks later that Asahi found a hidden diary that Saya had written in, detailing the horrendous acts that their manager had been putting her through. From extensions in her training, lewd remarks towards her, and the sexual harassment and abuse that she had received from him, Asahi had a new goal; to confront his manager. The confrontation didn't end well however, with his manager blackmailing Asahi from releasing the details, as their company was paying for the hospital bills for Saya's treatment, and if the contract was broken, they would receive no more money. Furious, but unsure of what to do, Asahi relented, begrudgingly, so that his sister could be treated, but a month later his manager forced Asahi to go on a "Hiatus" from his singing, when in reality he forced Asahi to leave the company, in exchange for paying for his sisters hospital bills.

With no other option, and running out of his own money, Asahi was forced to go back into teaching, only being able to land a job at the infamous Reform School, Suikuinote as a Assistant Teacher. It's been a year since the whole incident, and as he teaches, his career as an Idol has faded and been all but forgotten by fans, with his sister still not have recovered.

Asahi hasn't sung since.

Metaverse Outfit

Persona: Ice Goddess, Shiva

Persona Affinities: Ice

Persona Weakness: Fire