[E6 Pathfinder] NC-Exotic Homebrew Campaign (application reopened!)

Started by FragarachZ, April 16, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragarachZ

Quote from: Miroque on April 18, 2014, 11:29:05 AM
Do we have somekind of time table for start? That would kick people into gear....

Let's say we're taking applications this weekend, and I'll set up the Character, IC and OOC threads on Monday or Tuesday.
O&O

ererruz

RubySlippers

My character is coming along.

Question though can we take Additional Traits as a Feat to get two more of those I was thinking it would help flesh out my character adding two more and dropping Improved Initiative?

Miroque

FragarachZ

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 18, 2014, 02:37:46 PM
My character is coming along.

Question though can we take Additional Traits as a Feat to get two more of those I was thinking it would help flesh out my character adding two more and dropping Improved Initiative?

Yes. Keep in mind though that trait bonuses affecting the same roll overlap and do not stack.
O&O

assleigh

Finna Stendahl, Viking Shieldmaiden

Name: Finna Stendahl
Race: Human
Class: Viking (fighter w/ Archetype)
Level: 2
Alignment: Chaotic Good

ABILITY SCORES

Str 16(+3)     Cost: 5+2 Racial
Int 10(+0)     Cost: 0
Wis 10(+0)     Cost: 0
Con 13(+1)     Cost: 3
Dex 15(+2)     Cost: 7
Cha 10(+0)     Cost: 0

HP: 19     Remaining: 19
HD: 2d10+2
Base speed: 30'

Normal AC: 19 (10+5 Armor+1 Shield+1 Feat+2 Dex)
.     Touch AC: 12
.     Flat footed AC: 17
.     Armour check penalty: -3
.     Max dexterity bonus: +4
.     Spell failure chance: 20%
SR/DR: NA

+2 BAB
.     Melee: +5 | Two-Weapon +3/+3
.     Ranged: +4
.     CMB: +5
.     CMD: 17 / 19 vs. Sunder and Disarm (2 Favored Class Bonus)

.         SAVES
Fortitude save: +4
Reflex save: +2
Will save: +0
Resistances: None

TRAITS

1. Bastard: +1 to Sense Motive and its now a Class Skill                                                     Social Trait
2. Viking Blood: +1 to Intimidate and its now a Class Skill                                                     Regional Trait
3. Shield Bearer: +1 Shield Bash damage. 1/day give +2 trait AC bonus to adjacent ally        Race Trait
DRAWBACKS
1. Overprotective: when ally unconscious, -2 to Attack and Skill checks when 10+' from them

RACIAL FEATURES
Ability Score Racial Traits: Human characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature. I chose Strength
Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skills: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
CLASS FEATURES Fighter modified by Viking Archetype
Weapon Proficiency
A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, light, and medium) and shields (including tower shields).
A viking is not proficient with heavy armor or tower shields.
Bonus Feats: 2 (1st and 2nd)
Fearsome (Ex)
At 2nd level, a viking can make an Intimidate check to demoralize an opponent as a move action. At 10th level, she can do so as a swift action. At 18th level, she can demoralize a foe as a free action once per round.
This ability replaces bravery.

FEATS: 4

1. Combat Reflexes     Free Racial Feat
2. Two-Weapon Fighting     1st Level
3. Improved Shield Bash     1st Level Fighter
4. Shield Focus     2nd Fighter
SKILLS: 6 Total Skill Points (3 Skill Ranks Per Level)
+7 Climb (Str) (1 Ranks+3 Str+3 Class Skill)
+0 Craft (Int) (0 Ranks+0 Int+0 Class Skill)
+0 Handle Animal (Cha) (0 Ranks+0 Cha+0 Class Skill)
+6 Intimidate (Cha) (2 Ranks+0 Cha+3 Class Skill+1 Trait)
UT Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int) (0 Ranks+0 Int+0 Class Skill)
UT Knowledge (engineering) (Int) (1 Ranks+1 Int+0 Class Skill)
+0 Linguistics (Planes) (Int) (0 Ranks+0 Int)
UT Profession (Wis) (0 Ranks+0 Wis+0 Class Skill)
+2 Ride (Dex) (0 Ranks+2 Dex+0 Class Skill)
+5 Sense Motive (Wis) (1 Ranks+0 Wis+3 Class Skill+1 Trait)
+4 Survival (Wis) (1 Ranks+0 Wis+3 Class Skill)
+7 Swim (Str) (1 Ranks+3 Str+3 Class Skill)

Coinage: 1 GP
EQUIPTMENT Starting Gold: 300 GP     Eq Cost 299 GP
Armored Kilt     Cost: 20 GP     Weight: 10 lbs
MW: Chain Shirt     Cost: 250 GP     Weight: 25 lbs
Light, Spiked, Wooden Shield     Cost: 3 GP     Weight: 6 lbs
Longsword (1d8/19-20x2)     Cost: 15 GP     Weight: 4 lbs
Spears (1d8/x3/20')     Cost: 2 GP     Weight: 6 lbs
Kit, Fighter's     Cost: 9 GP     Weight: 29 lbs

Personality: Finna is the type of woman who plays very few games. If she likes and trusts someone, they know it and furthermore know she will protect them with all the power in her sword arm, the strength of her shield until she's breathed her last. She's a terror on the battlefield, at times foes flee from her rather then face the might of her bloody blade. Though not a remorseless, stone cold killer, she does what needs to be done in service to the cause she's taken up and to ensure that all of her companions return with her safely back to hearth and home.

Off the field of battle Finna has the rough, ready wit of a soldier and stands not at all on decorum or the manners of civilized people. If she wants something, she'll take it if it can be had that way, paying her way when she must but in truth, she likes nothing more then using her strength to achieve her desires. She has a bawdy sense of humor that's made even the most jaded man blush and proper ladies swoon. She's a good friend to have as she keeps all confidences and is a kind, nonjudgmental person.   

Known History: Finna was born in the North to a Shieldmaiden who'd had her fun during the raiding season and brought back something unexpected from the South. Her mother loved her and taught her the ways of sword and the shield as she knew that though tolerated, her little girl would never be fully accepted by the clan. Finna took to war play like a fish to water, delighting her mother to know end even as she surprised those who thought she'd be an easy target for bullying. When she was old enough, she traveled south, knowing her skills would be useful in the war effort and distinguished herself not only as a fighter but as someone who cared for those she fought alongside. Including her on the raid on the Tower was a no brainer, she's a solid fighter with the ability to help get even the least martial companion through all sorts of dangerous encounters.
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Quote from: FragarachZ on April 18, 2014, 02:44:27 PM
Yes. Keep in mind though that trait bonuses affecting the same roll overlap and do not stack.

I know, I'm not planning to do that. Like in combat one trait I have improved critical hit confirmation rolls and another boosts damage in one on one combat so they are separate but work together. And Inner Beauty is just fun adding to her divine quality. The plan is to flesh out the background with fun traits. And I can add Improved Initiative next level.  ;D

assleigh

Traits add such fun flavor to Pathfinder, as do the Drawbacks... Too bad you can only take 1 drawback for 1 trait :(
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Miroque

well.. too many drawbacks tend to cripple the character. Ofcourse, you can RP more flawed person, without it giving bonuses.

assleigh

Very true, M and I have at times. It's just fun when 'what's on paper' reflects a character concept in full :) It's one of my long time 'beefs' with D&D based stuff... A teeny, minor thing, really...

My ONs and OFFs

Ershin

Oh my goodness, E6 Pathfinder? "Bad ends" instead of death and risk of pregnancy? Curse my lack of online time for not finding this thread sooner!

Let's see, what all have been posted as character classes so far... Paladin, Wizard, Sorcerer, Fighter, Cleric. Geeze, lot of applicants for this, I might have come in way too late.
Also is that the rune of torment I spy in your avatar FragarachZ?

assleigh

Could always use some Rogueish goodness... Or Druidic delights...

My ONs and OFFs

ererruz

Ashara of Flames

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ashara’s childhood would probably have been better had she not been born out of wedlock. Her mother, lady Alyssa, a noble lady of one of the City-States, had an affair with a travelling nomad warrior. When confronted by her lord husband, she claimed that she was seduced, perhaps even forced by some kind of an insidious charm, but the truth was there were no spells. Alyssa was bored of her marital duties and hated her life as a trophy wife and when she got the chance to enliven her existence, she jumped on the occasion, not thinking of the consequences.

At first, lady Redwyn tried to take care of her bastard daughter, but with her reputation at stake, she decided to take up her husband’s suggestion and decided to abandon the red-haired girl. She left her in one of the many temples of the region. Knowing well that Ashara was a creature born of undisclosed desires, passion and graced with fiery hair, she felt her daughter was blessed by the goddess of passion of all kinds. Priestesses took care of the young girl and became her new mothers. They taught her about their deity, about the importance of passion in the world, about the kind of work that was done at the temple.

Love, lust, fire, war, anger, these concepts became the driving forces of Ashara’s life. Noticing the spark of divine magic in the girl, the higher-ranking clerics of the temple decided to initiate her as a priestess. She learnt the healing and charm magic of a divine servant, but more importantly, she was privy to the most intimate rituals of the faith – the bonding rituals of sacred prostitutes, priestesses who allowed others to commune with the goddess through their bodies. She was trained trained in the arts of love as befitted a sacred prostitute.

As a follower of a passion and war deity, the moment she had heard of the war, Ashara had made her way to help Lady Yustissa’s army. She is both an entertainer to the troops and a healer of great skill, channelling her goddess’s beauty and passion into life energy.

Ashara had inherited the sun-kissed complexion of her nomad ancestors, along with unusually bright amber eyes. Her beauty is further enhanced by fiery red wavy hair of her mother. She has a lithe built and is surprisingly strong for someone of her posture. Most often she wears half-transparent red, pink and gold robes of her priesthood, but when it’s time for war, she is not afraid of donning a chainmail to protect her beautiful body from marring. She was trained in the goddess’s favoured weapon – a razored whip, hers painted in a way to look like a thread of the goddess’s firehair.

HP roll 3

A word about Ashara's goddess. I see Passion as a goddess of all passions in life, a patron of love, lust, anger, war, great sorrows and great joys; the fire-haired goddess of life and the final moments of life whose priestesses try to experience the whole spectrum of emotions, always on the lookout for new adventures (including sexual).

ererruz

Quote from: Ershin on April 18, 2014, 04:14:29 PM
Oh my goodness, E6 Pathfinder? "Bad ends" instead of death and risk of pregnancy? Curse my lack of online time for not finding this thread sooner!

Let's see, what all have been posted as character classes so far... Paladin, Wizard, Sorcerer, Fighter, Cleric. Geeze, lot of applicants for this, I might have come in way too late.
We could use a Rogue-ish character. Or a second divine spellcaster/healer if we do get separated into two teams, so that each team could have a healer.

FragarachZ

Quote from: Ershin on April 18, 2014, 04:14:29 PM

We're still taking character applications until the weekend is over. So far we have 5 characters, whom I'd be willing to keep in one group if nobody else applies. However if more people post characters, I'll seperate the crew into two smaller parties so we can keep things rolling, or pick whomever I like as the playgroup of N members.

And yes, the rune has drawn you all to me as it should. Updated my journal.
O&O

schnookums

I think I'm going to go with the swishbuckler concept (although I might lean a little more piratey in actual concept if that would fit?)

victoria4

<victoria thoroughly enjoys schnookums typo>   ;)

assleigh, I'm with you on enjoying the liberal use of traits & drawbacks to give game impact to character "colour", though I admit I can lose track of them if there are too many modifiers in play.
A real rogue might be handy, although our kind and generous DM (?) can of course take the party's composition into account when throwing obstacles at us.  I suppose this cuts both ways... no rogues?   Such a pity every door is locked and trapped.

assleigh

*giggles*

yes it's most important to keep your swish buckled at all times, don't want that thing just getting into everything, now do we?

My ONs and OFFs

schnookums

RubySlippers

Quote from: victoria4 on April 19, 2014, 12:18:05 AM
<victoria thoroughly enjoys schnookums typo>   ;)

assleigh, I'm with you on enjoying the liberal use of traits & drawbacks to give game impact to character "colour", though I admit I can lose track of them if there are too many modifiers in play.
A real rogue might be handy, although our kind and generous DM (?) can of course take the party's composition into account when throwing obstacles at us.  I suppose this cuts both ways... no rogues?   Such a pity every door is locked and trapped.

The Paladin has a Skeleton Key just in case, but traps could be an issue.

victoria4

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 19, 2014, 02:03:54 AM
The Paladin has a Skeleton Key just in case, but traps could be an issue.

Well I'll be...!   I've never seen that item before.  Smart!

For traps, my sorceress does have Disable Device, though with one rank in this non-class skill she's far more likely to do harm than good.  She just needed the skill to pass as an incompetent rogue.  But many traps can be bypassed or subverted in other ways.  Finding them, though... I suppose the Paladin will take the lead?   :-)

RubySlippers

Paladins are LG not stupid if your rescuing someone or need to get past a gate its not wrong to use a device to get past them. But we could use a proper rogue.

ererruz

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 19, 2014, 10:23:17 AM
Paladins are LN not stupid if your rescuing someone or need to get past a gate its not wrong to use a device to get past them. But we could use a proper rogue.
You mean, LG. And some of them surely are stupid! ;-) But if our paladin ever walks into a trap (or we use her as a trap disabling device...), my priestess can always heal her, so it's all good.

Miroque

And my somewhat gloomy wizard will encourage less bright members to lead by example and on the front....0