[E6 Pathfinder] NC-Exotic Homebrew Campaign (application reopened!)

Started by FragarachZ, April 16, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assleigh

I'd love to come in with a human shield maiden from the Untamed Lands (Fighter) for this... Start with Improved Shiield bash and Two Weapon Fighting... With a Viking flair...
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Under Construction -
Tevaga
Half-Orc Paladin
Hails from Yranur
Humble Order of the Hospitalers

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=864179

Roll Result: DianeK rolled: 1d10, adding 1to the total
Comment: Paladin 2nd Level Hit Die
Result: 8,
Total: 9

FragarachZ

Quote from: schnookums on April 18, 2014, 12:11:57 AM
How do monks fit into the world? I'm guessing they're slightly less "asian" themed in general (or at least the ones that come from the initial lands lands presented).

I'm torn between two ideas, a zen archer monk, or a dervish dancer bard (Why yes, I am picking archetypes that completely change the core nature of the class, why do you ask?) A swashbuckler rogue is a third choice if the other two turn out to be unworkable

There might be a few scattered monasteries in the world, and monk training could also come from being a member of the church. Since the Spire of Truth took a great deal of work in aiding the war effort, they would have militant clerics and monks as well as healers and priests.
(For some reason, Gamers Dorkness Rising comes to mind? Heh.)

Archetypes are good to go as long as you keep the character within the setting's flavors. Dervish dancer and swashbuckler are good to go, though I'd be interested in the concept for a zen archer monk before I give it the nod.

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 17, 2014, 11:14:12 PM
I could get into this how does a LG half-orc Paladin from a Commoner background with the Archetype Hospitaler sound?
Quote from: RubySlippers on April 18, 2014, 01:09:44 AM
Under Construction -
Tevaga
Half-Orc Paladin
Hails from Yranur
Humble Order of the Hospitalers

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=864179

Roll Result: DianeK rolled: 1d10, adding 1to the total
Comment: Paladin 2nd Level Hit Die
Total: 9

Looks good! Scavenger replaces your intimidating racial trait though, but I won't pick on you until you're ready to finalize the sheet :)

Quote from: assleigh on April 18, 2014, 12:21:54 AM
I'd love to come in with a human shield maiden from the Untamed Lands (Fighter) for this... Start with Improved Shiield bash and Two Weapon Fighting... With a Viking flair...

I could see a northerner warrior like that somehow end up in the war. Go for it if you like :)

As long as I get the character sheets I don't caer if you share them publicly or send them to me in a PM, it's up to your preferences.
Also, application is not exclusive to female characters only, I just have a preference of them for the... naughtier side of the game  O:)

Updating the character creation segment of the original post for clarification: starting gold is the maximum of the level 1 value for each class, not the 2nd level value for starting wealth.
Also if someone takes exotic/cultural weapons by spending character resources on it, I'll try to include an opportunity for repacign the lost item should the need for it arise.
O&O

Miroque

For the Viking Shieldmaiden, why not Barb1 Fighter 1 ? Then it would give out her "viking" heritage (and give more hps, rage and other stuffs aswell) and Fighter 1 would show that she's "civilized" now, and knows local military tactics etc...

Miroque

Name: Aleria, Arcane Scholar, Acolyte of the Arts
Race: Human
Class: Wizard

Description:
Aleria is 5ยด4 and very slim. Her physical frame is lacking, but her keen mind and radiant looks make for it. Her flaming red hair and almost pale skin stands out from all those who actually have pigment on their skin.

Background:
Not much is known of the young astonishingly beautiful woman-girl Aleria and her past, but some of it, she is willing to talk.

Aleria hails from an small thorpe near Gimir border, and was taught by the local master mage, who resides in the border town of Ashford, town known by their fine wine yards.

Aleria was but an child, when her master noticed her keen intellect and toke her in and started to train her to the versatile scholar she is today. Year ago, Aleria seeked counsil of the Lady Paladin Yustissa, and offered her vast knowledge of things mundane and magical to her disposal, asking an funding and protection of the knightly lady in return.

With her, travels an crow who seems to understand some of her words. Aleria has named the crow "Shadow Peak".

Game info
Aleria has Trait: Alluring and Honeyed Tongue, making her stand out in any crowd. She also knowns how to wrap those around her around her finger, with words and innuendo, making her quite disliked around the wifes of Lady Yustissa's court. Rumors fly around of her past, and her exploits of the men of the court, but noone can actually testify there has been any.

assleigh

Quote from: Miroque on April 18, 2014, 04:35:09 AM
For the Viking Shieldmaiden, why not Barb1 Fighter 1 ? Then it would give out her "viking" heritage (and give more hps, rage and other stuffs aswell) and Fighter 1 would show that she's "civilized" now, and knows local military tactics etc...
There's actually a fighter archetype that 'does' that in Pathfinder... So... More feats(from being a fighter)=better modeling of the shield fighting style I want her to have... I so see having her explore her wild side(barbarian levels) later in life :)
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Miroque

K.. I was thinking of same type of Viking character, Barbie1, Fighter1, myself.. but coulf not get into the mood...

assleigh

I LOVE the show Vikings and have wanted to play one forever... Almost got the chance to.. But the game died... This E6 setting seems perfect for her... Btw Aleria seems very cool, you put a lot of thought into her

My ONs and OFFs

Miroque

When I create my characters, I allways put lot of thought into them.. but its nice to see people do notice it :)

Btw: there is LOT more into her, but its just not common knowledge.. as characters dont know each other that well..GM has the rest thou.

RubySlippers

And Traits can help around the Viking build to. I fixed my racial traits I wanted her to come from the trashy class of her homeland as in very humble origins and elevated to a Paladin in service to the Celestial Light maybe not a noble or considered on par with some but she IS a Paladin serving heaven not ignorable. And she fights for those least able to do so the poor, needy and peasant and opposes abusing them and if anyone does - (swings her Great Axe) - she can get physical if forced to.

And she likes Axes - a lot.

assleigh

Yah, I'm taking the Viking Blood trait ... Was thinking Bastard aas well, so Finna would be scary and discerning in combat... With a checkered past... No real family name to uphold so she fights the good fight to have the Skalds sing of her when she's gone and drinking in Valhalla :)

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Oh my character might have issues with the Viking she prefers to fight one on one against baddies, we could have in game a friendly - YOU got to kill the last bandit leader its MY turn to kill this one Viking! And if one bad guy maybe flipping a coin to fight them one-on-one.

assleigh

Hehehe... Could make for fun post battle arguements, "I won the coin tosss, it was my kill!" "but you were taking SOOOOO long... And I was hungry"

Actually, in some ways I see my shield maiden as the 'protect others, engage the enemy so they don't get to our second line' type... So your paladin doing the avante garde thing works :) Finna will have her back :)

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Well she won't fight first if there can be a peaceful ending to a potential fight. Paladins are not warmongers they fight when they must but when they fight, do so hard to win.

Miroque

Then its good to have my not-so-peaceful Wizardess to start the fights for you two :)

assleigh

Ah, I see a lot of saving Aleria's butt from the trouble she's gotten herself into in Finna's future :)

Not that Aleria can't handle herself well, but I think Finna could end up feeling protective of her, as they're such opposites in so many ways

My ONs and OFFs

Miroque

Actually, Wizards cant handle themselves.. they need the "more intelligence depravated" henchme... friends to do that for them :)

assleigh

*chuckles and contemplates dropping int to 8*

Sounds like a good team up then... Later on I can even take the feat that'll let Finna extend her shield benefit to AC to a companion... For a

*host of arrows comes at the party*
*makes with the arrow blockee thing for self, then Finna shoots her shield out so that the arrow streaking towards Aleria's guts goes THUNK into the VIking's thick wooden shield*

My ONs and OFFs

RubySlippers

Don't expect my character to have sex outside of marriage, willingly anyway.

FragarachZ

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 18, 2014, 11:09:56 AM
Don't expect my character to have sex outside of marriage, willingly anyway.

>:)

Okay, so far we have

Sorcerer
Wizard
Paladin
Fighter
Cleric

and a Archer/Swashbuckler/Dervish?

With an expert type (rogue or ranger) we'd have a pretty well-rounded team I'd say, and enough people to even have two groups going at once. I'd at least prefer two groups of 3-4 people to one huge party. Also, applications are still open to anyone who has interest, and I know of people who expressed interest in PMs who didn't post or consider character types and classes yet.
O&O

Miroque

Do we have somekind of time table for start? That would kick people into gear....

victoria4

Well, apparently this character's fine, but she shares quite a bit (including some background) with Miroque's wizardess.  Still, a sorceress is totally different, right?   ;)  If we're split into two groups due to huge game interest that's certainly not an issue, but what do people think about having two arcane casters in this small party?  Perhaps a friendly rivalry with the "book-learnin'" type?

Note that Bremorel here "looks" more like a rogue, and she may have to pretend to be one, or a light fighter generally, since without a tattoo she can't reveal her magic openly.  Revealing it to those about to be killed by it is presumably fine.   :-)

For the image, of course she's not wearing armour, just clothing perhaps appearing as shown (and no whip!).

Image, Bremorel

Stats and weapons
Bremorel Silverkin

Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 2
Neutral Good

Strength          8    (-1)
Dexterity         15  (+2)
Constitution    12  (+1)
Intelligence     14  (+2)
Wisdom           8   (-1)
Charisma         16 (+3)

Size:     Medium
Height: 5' 9"
Weight:135 lb
Eyes:    Amber
Hair:     Silver/gray
Skin:     Light tan

Total Hit Points: Max at 1st level, roll thereafter, + CON bonus.  Haven't rolled yet!

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 12 = 10 + 2 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 12
    Flat-footed: 10

Initiative modifier:  + 2     = + 2 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:      + 1     = 0 [base] + 1 [constitution]
Reflex save:           + 2     = 0 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
Will save:                 + 2     = 3 [base] -1 [wisdom]

Attack (handheld):   + 0     = 1 [base] -1 [strength]
   Weapon Finesse: + 3     = 1 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
Attack (missile):       + 3     = 1 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
CMB:                        + 0     = 1 [base] -1 [strength]
CM Defense:           + 12    = 10 + 1 [base] -1 [strength] + 2 [dexterity]

Languages:   Common, elven, gnoll, goblin

Weapons:
     Elven curve blade [1d10, crit 18-20/x2, 7 lb., slashing]
     Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]
     Sling [1d4, crit x2, range inc. 50 ft., 0 lb, bludgeoning]

Feats, traits, racial traits
Half-Elf
    This half-elf chose +2 to charisma (already included)
    Immune to magical sleep
    + 2 racial bonus on saves vs. enchantments
    Low-light vision
    + 1 racial bonus on perception checks
    + 2 racial bonus on diplomacy and gather information checks

Feats:
    Ancestral Arms (Elven curve blade profiency, replaces Adaptability)
    Weapon Finesse    

Traits:
     Charming: +1 on Bluff or Diplomacy on character that could be sexually attracted, +1 on save DC of language-dependent
          spells cast on such characters
     Gifted Adept (Scorching Ray): Cast this spell as one level higher than actual
     History of Heresy: +1 on saving throws against divine spells
     Naive: -2 to AC against attacks with improvised weapons, -2 to CMD against dirty trick combat maneuvers. (drawbacK)

Sorcerer
    Eschew Materials
    Concentration check: d20 + sorcerer level + charisma modifier vs. DC
    Elemental bloodline (fire) sorcerers can choose an element, change a spell that deals energy to match the type
        Elemental Ray (Sp): Standard Action, 30' ranged touch attack, Damage = d6 + 1 per 2 levels.  Use 3 + cha mod / day.
        At 3rd level, gain 10 resistance against fire.  Gain spells at levels 3 & 5.

Skills

Skills
(name          ability  value   base  ranks   other bonuses)
Acrobatics       Dex     2 =     +2
Appraise         Int      2 =     +2
Bluff               Cha     7 =     +3     + 1     + 3 [class skill]
Climb              Str      -1 =     -1
Craft (weapn) Int      3 =     +2    + 1
Craft (other)   Int      2 =     +2
Diplomacy      Cha     5 =     +3              + 2 [half-elf]
Disable Dvc    Dex     3 =     +2     + 1
Disguise        Cha      3 =     +3
Escape Artist  Dex     2 =     +2
Fly                  Dex     2 =     +2
Heal               Wis     -1 =     -1
Intimidate      Cha     3 =     +3
Know (arcn)    Int     7 =     +2     + 2     + 3 [class skill]
Know (plane)  Int     6 =     +2     + 1     + 3 [class skill]
Perception      Wis     1 =     -1               + 2 [half-elf]
Perform (any) Cha     3 =     +3
Ride                Dex     2 =     +2
Sense Motive  Wis     -1 =     -1
Spellcraft         Int      6 =     +2     + 1     + 3 [class skill]
Stealth            Dex     3 =     +2     + 1    
Survival           Wis     -1 =     -1
Swim               Str     -1 =     -1

Cruddy formatting!

Spells

Zero-level Sorcerer spells: Cantrips can be used at will.  7 known (5 + 2 favored class bonus).
     Arcane Mark
     Light
     Mage Hand
     Read Magic
     Spark (close range, ignite "fine" flammable object

First-level Sorcerer spells: 5 (4 + 1) per day.  2 known.
     Mage Armor
     Sleep

Equipment

Coins: none left (8 sp, but apparently lost in background?)

Equipment:
    Sling bullets (group of 10) x1
    Backpack
    Case (for map or scroll)
    Pouch, belt
    Rations (1 day) x2
    Sack
    Thieves' Tools
    Waterskins x2
    Whetstone

Background

Bremorel, the daughter of an elvish father and a human mother, lived most of her life in relative seclusion among her
mother's extended family in a free hamlet just south of Gimir.  The "freethinkers" of this hamlet advocated tolerance for
all, welcoming the mixed relationship of Bremoral's parents, but were distrustful or even hostile to attempts to preach the
orthodoxy of any one religion, or to prosletyze for any god.  As a result the young half-elf is generous, open and trusting,
but has an ingrained resistance to the words and "miracles" of any faith.

Likewise, her parents saw no need, once their daughter's sorcerous talents became evident, to submit her to the judgement and
training of the Citadel of Nine Winds.  Instead they guided her themselves, her mother having experience with the fire
elemental blood that ran through her veins from some long-forgotten ancestor, her father being a minor dabbler in the arcane
arts.  Bremorel was an avid pupil, quickly learning some of the easier and more entertaining cantrips.

While they sought to shield her from the world, her parents did not wholly neglect Bremorel's martial training.  It was clear
that, with her exceptional natural talents far beyond her parents or any others known to them, she would some day be called
upon to protect the village, or - though they hoped not - perhaps she would go further, seeking her own part in the wars that
raged across Aussa.  Her father taught her the use of the curve blade, handing his own, best blade to her when she was ready
to leave the safe, somewhat coddling arms of the village.

She didn't immediately go to war - at first she tried to go from village to village, offering her services either as a "fake"
prestidigitator, or to help drive off wild animals, minor beast incursions, or the bandits that crop up wherever authority is
stretched too thin.  But eventually, with her magical ability and passable fighting skill, Bremorel was recruited into Lady
Paladin Yustissa's army, distinguishing herself there sufficiently to be one of those chosen for the assault on the Spire of
Truth.  Within the army, there was no need to hide her magical talent, which was quite a liberating experience for her.

Miroque

There is almost nothing similar (except their home towns/villages being at the border of Gimir). I have no problem with two arcanist in one group, when they are totally diffrent infact. Bremorel seems to be combat spellslinger with fire spells, and Aleria has no combat spells to cast. Aleria is scholar and loremistress to be... not an combat caster.. brilliant, cold and somewhat detached.. but truely heartwarming when she so chooses... (not to mention slightly gloomy allthe time.. )

victoria4

Oh, Miroque, that's excellent; it's certainly more generally powerful when the spells available cover a broader set of situations ... and by the sounds of things, the party will have at least as much (or more!) need of spells in non-combat situations, to keep them from combat as they run, for instance.

assleigh

THanks for the thumbs up, working Finna up now... Rolled for HP and made an oopsee... Added 2 not 1 to the roll so it should be 9 not 10

Roll ID: 57297
Owner: assleigh
Viewer: Noone or Anyone
Time Rolled: 2014-04-18 11:46:54

Summary: At 2014-04-18 11:46:54, assleigh (uid: 51897) rolls: 1d10a2 Result: 10

Full Result: assleigh rolled: 1d10, adding 2 1 to the total
Comment: Finna 2nd level HP
Total: 10 9

My ONs and OFFs