News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A movie you associate with your child hood?

Started by theonewhoknocks, September 24, 2014, 02:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theonewhoknocks

Name a movie that when you see it, or even hear the title you automatically go into Nostalgia mode and memories from your childhood come to mind

For me it is Throw Mama From The Train. By the far the most quoteable movie for me and my sis. We watched the VHS tape so much when we were kids it stopped working. "OWEN LOVES HIS MAMA".

Beguile's Mistress

I'm a total Disney Princess fangirl and got to see a special showing of "Sleeping Beauty" when I was six.  I dreamed of and fantasized about that movie for years.  Still do as a matter of fact.

Rhedyn

It was The Labyrinth for me, I was obsessed with that film growing up. It also introduced me to Brian Froud's artwork which I love.

Ariel

This might be a shocker to some of you, but The Little Mermaid was my obsession as a little girl. I wanted (and still want) a love story like Eric and Ariel's. ::)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Auctor

HeyThereLittleBear

Tremors brings me back to when I was 4/5 and believed in them. My grandfather used to tell me if I didn't run fast enough to my cousin's house (they lived next door), a graboid would get me.

Independence Day also reminds me of when I was about 3.
Chill me, thrill me
Fill me with fantastic terrors never felt before
Nameless here, forevermore.

Ons / Offs

Sassenach91

Disney princesses for me too. For me it was Beauty and the Beast. My whole childhood I wanted to be Belle. I think I got my love for book reading from watching that movie so much the vcr tape screwed up lol.

missylafleur

Quote from: Kargrisaka on September 25, 2014, 12:44:01 AM
Fern gully was a big one in my family.

My little sister watched Fern Gully about 8976 times in a row.  I don't think I could ever watch it again.

For me, 'The Last Starfighter' brings back a flood of remembering what it was like to be a carefree 80s kid.
Your name is a golden bell hung in my heart. I would break my body to pieces to call you once by your name.
O/Os A/As

Blythe

There are two. Fantasia was my Disney go-to film and always brings back memories. The other movie that always takes me back was Space Jam.

Emjay

Anastasia, The Parent Trap (the 1998 one), Disney movies in general. Also Tarzan and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. Those were my brother's favourites so we watched those a lot. Plus soundtracks by Phil Collins and Bryan Adams. Who wouldn't love that?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Morrowclaw

Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Zaphod

Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I have seen this movie only like a 100 times. :P

Elysian Radiance

A few, actually. Disney movies in general (<3 Sleeping Beauty, if you guys couldn't guess).  Pagemaster. Fantasia. Labyrinth. Princess Bride. Fern Gully.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

wander

Ghostbusters, I remember when there was the whole craze before Turtles became a thing... Now I just feel super nostalgic when I think of the first time my dad brought it home on VHS to watch... I was far too young to really get most of it and I remember complaining when I first saw Bill Murray that he didn't 'look like Peter' (I watched the cartoon Real Ghostbusters before the film, which was why it was so exciting for me back then) but fun stuff, all the same.
Also to clarify... I like Bill Murray in Ghostbusters... Can't blame a kid for not knowing any better! xD

RipTide

My Neighbor Totoro, We're Back, and Land Before Time.

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

missylafleur

Your name is a golden bell hung in my heart. I would break my body to pieces to call you once by your name.
O/Os A/As

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

SilverWing

The Ninja Turtles 1990 movie. We had a play area with ninja turtle decals, pjs, you name it! Right up until my grandpa died, one of his favorite memories was walking with my brother and I. Every time we passed a man hole we tried to see if there were ninja turtles down there! My favorite turtle will always be Leonardo! Another one was the Little Mermaid, that was my very first movie going experience, I was about four and my aunt took me. I remember being in my pjs, and being so excited to go see a movie! It was a later in the evening show. That year I even dressed up as Ariel for Halloween!

IsabellaRose

Goonies and Gremlins are two of my favorites, although Christmas Vacation takes me back and still gets an annual viewing, as does A Christmas Story. I think I can recite every line from both those movies as they play.

Star Wars is another big one for me. Between the theater and drive-ins I think I saw that 17 times. My brother probably saw it twice as many. I was Princess Leia for Halloween three years in a row... she was the only princess who carried a blaster!

Bes

Quote from: missylafleur on October 17, 2014, 04:27:45 AM
The Last Unicorn

Yes! This, and "The Sea Prince and the Fire Child"! Among many others - a lot of which have been mentioned here.
A/A: Brain hasn't been working well lately. If I owe you words, I haven't forgotten. Just... working on it.

Piper

The Wizard of Oz! Has been and always will be my favorite movie. I don't want to date myself, but back in the day we'd wait for the networks to air it on tv. My best friend and I would always have sleep overs on this night, watch it and take turns being Dorthy and Glenda the Good Witch.

And, since I am a purest, I do not appreciate any remakes or attempts revamp this classic. Just no.

Golden Spider

The original Toy Story my by far favorite Disney/Pixar movie. and pretty much Disney movies in general, but Toy Story most of all. Another one would be most likely Jim Carrey's The Grinch Who Stole Christmas that movie is my family all the way, Its a family tradition to watch it like 3 times at least around the Christmas season. we know it so well i could with a little help recite it word by word
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

PleaseBeGentle

Velveteen Rabbit - watched it in class in 2nd grade.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best night and day to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting."
-e.e. cummings

O/Os: WhatAhWant WhatAhNeed - READ BEFORE YOU PM ME - OFFS ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE
A/As: Yeahhhhh...I Wouldn't Get Too Close If I Were You

borninapril

The Lion Kingggggg. I think I watched the tape like 40 times ~_~

persephone325

Oh! I remember some more.

Ferngully, The Land Before Time, The Jungle Book, and Aladdin.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."