News:

Main Menu

E3 2015

Started by Sasquatch421, June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Mikem on June 18, 2015, 04:02:38 AM
So Nintendo is coming out with yet another top down Zelda game for the handheld, instead of, y'know, something we'd actually foam at the mouth over. Something along the lines of an actual over the shoulder game on Console like Twilight Princess. God that was a beautiful game.

Also if Zelda came to the Xbox I could die happy. Never will though. Cause corporations and property and life sucks.

I prefer the top down Zelda games to the over the shoulder ones, I think a lot of people actually do.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Far eyes

One of these days Nintendo is going to do something without its age old characters.

Somebody was mentioning Fallout and cars, you do actually have one in Fallout 2 the actually really good first 2 games everybody seems to be forgeting who is such a big fallout fan *Grumps* Its mostly just that Fallout 3 or NV are really just not big enough to warren needing one.
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Sabby

Quote from: Far eyes on June 18, 2015, 05:04:17 AM
One of these days Nintendo is going to do something without its age old characters.

Like Splatoon?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sabby on June 18, 2015, 05:06:10 AM
Like Splatoon?

Or Bayonetta because she wan't nintendo only till the second game.

Sabby

I was just assuming that by 'do something with', Far Eyes meant something first party. I'd actually be super interested to see Nintendo make more new first party. Or open world Kirby, but whatever.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sabby on June 18, 2015, 05:24:30 AM
I was just assuming that by 'do something with', Far Eyes meant something first party. I'd actually be super interested to see Nintendo make more new first party. Or open world Kirby, but whatever.

Sega owns Bayonetta and Nintendo basically owns Sega.  Not to mention fronted all the money and shit for the game.

Sabby

I thought for something to be first party it had to be made by Nintendo, not owned by it?

Mathim

Quote from: Mikem on June 18, 2015, 04:02:38 AM
So Nintendo is coming out with yet another top down Zelda game for the handheld, instead of, y'know, something we'd actually foam at the mouth over. Something along the lines of an actual over the shoulder game on Console like Twilight Princess. God that was a beautiful game.

Also if Zelda came to the Xbox I could die happy. Never will though. Cause corporations and property and life sucks.

Over-the-shoulder Zelda is too epic for a handheld. I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much if it was on such a small screen. So I don't get bothered by the ALTTP style stuff, although ALBW was way too similar to the original to be captivating. Something similar to Phantom Hourglass would probably be the best thing they could produce for the 3DS.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CuriousEyes

Quote from: Far eyes on June 18, 2015, 05:04:17 AM
Somebody was mentioning Fallout and cars, you do actually have one in Fallout 2 the actually really good first 2 games everybody seems to be forgeting who is such a big fallout fan *Grumps* Its mostly just that Fallout 3 or NV are really just not big enough to warren needing one.

I still love Fallout 2, but that game was absurdly easy to cheat out of any difficulty. Leave your home town, walk South (saving frequently to avoid random battles) until you reach the refinery town. You could have powered armor and energy weapons melting your enemies within the first hour of playing.

Personally I think their design sense has improved since then. /shrug

la dame en noir

1. My friend got to go to E3 - I am so jealous of her and wish I never left GameStop
2. I am very excited for Mass Effect, it didn't need to tell me anything because as a loyal bioware fan, I almost lost my mind when I saw it.

Thats all I'm excited for because I've turned into a PC nerd, but will be getting the PS4 this year. Still not a fan of Xbox games.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Fahrahne

Grip the universe. Reshape it. Disregard the screams.

Far eyes

Quote from: CuriousEyes on June 18, 2015, 08:59:18 AM
absurdly easy to cheat

See i will tell the same to anybody no mater if its a computer game or table top game, your not cheating the game you are cheating your self.
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

Far eyes

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 18, 2015, 05:35:32 AM
Sega owns Bayonetta and Nintendo basically owns Sega.  Not to mention fronted all the money and shit for the game.

They did pay for it, but even accepting the other examples that's a very very small pool over the life cycle of the console so far. I just have to wounder how long people will still give a shit that there is a New insert Mario, Zelda or Sonic or who ever game. Nintendo firmly based it self on the pillar of nostalgia and is generally taking a horrible stance with its biggest fans on youtube. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Yes i know Sonic is not a Nintendo property  >:)

A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: Far eyes on June 18, 2015, 01:49:03 PM
See i will tell the same to anybody no mater if its a computer game or table top game, your not cheating the game you are cheating your self.
It's not cheating. You just walk to the place, it's not like he's manipulating in-game files or using codes.

It is cheesing it though.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lustful Bride

XCOM 2 stage demo. *drools* I want it so bad, I miss killing those alien scum and saying "Welcome to Earth" over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGIzHIDIcY

Inkidu

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 18, 2015, 03:49:02 PM
XCOM 2 stage demo. *drools* I want it so bad, I miss killing those alien scum and saying "Welcome to Earth" over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGIzHIDIcY
Now it's more like, "Get off my planet!"
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Inkidu on June 18, 2015, 04:00:23 PM
Now it's more like, "Get off my planet!"

I was thinking more we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, but we will never surrender!

CuriousEyes

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 18, 2015, 04:04:19 PM
I was thinking more we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, but we will never surrender!

Inkidu

I've always maintained that XCOM needs a futurist quote, and on the 2K forums I suggested these:

“The road ahead is long and there will be many setbacks. Success is not assured… but the price of failure has never been this high.”
― Charles Lee Lesher

"This, to me, is the ultimately heroic trait of ordinary people; they say no to the tyrant and they calmly take the consequences of this resistance."

Philip K. Dick

consortium11

Quote from: CuriousEyes on June 18, 2015, 08:59:18 AM
I still love Fallout 2, but that game was absurdly easy to cheat out of any difficulty. Leave your home town, walk South (saving frequently to avoid random battles) until you reach the refinery town. You could have powered armor and energy weapons melting your enemies within the first hour of playing.

Personally I think their design sense has improved since then. /shrug

So if you've already played through the game (or at least read a detailed walkthrough), know the key locations of what you need, know what dialogue to say and "save-scum" (to use the pejorative term) to get there then the game is extremely easy?

Fallout 2 is hardly unique in that.

Frankly there's not much difference between that and grinding out the 100% chameleon suit in Oblivion or the mega powered enchantments in Skyrim (although they don't require save scumming). In truth there's no even that much difference between it and the intelligence bobblehead speed run in Fallout 3 where you can get 10 intelligence by level 2 and thus get a big boost to skill points over the course of the game.

Sabby

Life in Color

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 18, 2015, 09:44:37 AM
1. My friend got to go to E3 - I am so jealous of her and wish I never left GameStop
2. I am very excited for Mass Effect, it didn't need to tell me anything because as a loyal bioware fan, I almost lost my mind when I saw it.

Thats all I'm excited for because I've turned into a PC nerd, but will be getting the PS4 this year. Still not a fan of Xbox games.

Marry me, dame.  ♡

Things I'm excited about from E3 (in no order):

1. Kingdom Hearts 3 will have areas from Tangled. And Hercules (other than the Coliseum)
2. Heavensward
3. Mass Effect (Would rather have Dragon Age, but it'll do)
4. FF VII (Because now the tears will stop and maybe they can remake others - like VIII, or IX, or VI)

Mathim

Quote from: Alixandre on June 19, 2015, 07:18:32 AM
Marry me, dame.  ♡

Things I'm excited about from E3 (in no order):

1. Kingdom Hearts 3 will have areas from Tangled. And Hercules (other than the Coliseum)
2. Heavensward
3. Mass Effect (Would rather have Dragon Age, but it'll do)
4. FF VII (Because now the tears will stop and maybe they can remake others - like VIII, or IX, or VI)

I'd love them to do a remake of all the older FF games before VII like they did with III and IV on the DS. FFV was my favorite older-gen FF and I'd love it to be given a 3DS remake. Maybe FFVI too, if they include all the stuff from the Gameboy Advance version.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Drake Valentine

Not sure how I feel about Fire Emblem and Shin Megami crossover. -.-`

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Ryven

Quote from: Mathim on June 16, 2015, 08:32:34 AM
I only watched about a minute of it but it didn't seem that different from most standard FPS's with the exception of those interesting finishing blows being dealt. It was like they mixed in Mortal Kombat fatalities into it.

There's only so many variations on a theme you can have.  That's why more and more sequels and remakes are coming out rather than original games.  The creation of new, ground-breaking concepts is getting thinner and thinner the further gaming progresses.