News:

Main Menu

Life is Hard

Started by BΣKKΞT, June 14, 2011, 01:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BΣKKΞT

Well, I am bored. So, why not start a conversation about life? There are millions of subjects.

Life is valuable and you should not avoid it or cast it aside. Don't even stop thinking about it. Life is one thing we rarely ever think about until it is about to end. When I think Life, I think challenges, family, education, hardships.

The hardest part of life, is when you decide ones fate. If you do anyway. Making that choice and having to live with it for the rest of your life, is hard.

There are many things to be grateful for life too. You get to expierience the world. Its cultures, landscapes, history and scientific things. You have Emotions. You can feel, touch, see, smell and hear everything. You get to Learn.

But the what is hard is how you decide to live your life. You must pick your paths carefully and think of the consequences of that action. These will lead you down a Bad Path or Good Path. There is no Correct Path. Only the Path you choose.

Well, this is something to Ponder.

Inkidu

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

The perfect metaphor for life is a vending machine.

You make your selection, you pay for it, you follow all the instructions, and in the end you still might not get what you want.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Malefique

But if you're a Buddhist, you can get a refund in the form of another life...
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

Inkidu

Quote from: Malefique on June 16, 2011, 05:57:11 AM
But if you're a Buddhist, you can get a refund in the form of another life...
However, if you don't watch your karma you might end up with a rice cake when you really wanted a Twix.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

BΣKKΞT

I don't even care anymore..... I've seen to much Death to care. A Soldiers life is what it is....

Erani589

Live life how you want it...Plain and simple.

I know it's probably horribly cliche but all those shows or movies where the life lesson is "be who you want to be...yourself...and not any one else" have it right. 

and for the record..Rice cake on it's own may be not too great...but if you take the effort to find the right toppings for it...Ricecake can be pretty good

i don't want to be pinned as an optimistic...heck I've had enough crap in my life that my Twix bar is stuck in the machine still...However I'm still alive, so i take it with a grain of salt.

SinfulAngel

Life isn't hard.

Living is hard. Keeping yourself and your family safe is Hard. Doing what is needed without care for one self is hard.

Life is easy. Its the various different things in life that cause peole to stumble and make mistakes.

Updated Unicorn 1/24/17
      Active stories ~ 5  Post time frame 1-5 days

Shjade

Quote from: SinfulAngel on June 22, 2011, 02:35:28 PM
Life is easy. Its the various different things in life that cause peole to stumble and make mistakes.
So life is easy, except that it's full of hard things? Hooray for contradictory statements! =D

Life is easy in terms of what's required to do it, since anything you do is part of life. You can't "fail" at life. By that same token, life is generally unpleasant and painful to experience because of the majority of its contents. Easy to live, hard to bear living. For some more than others, of course.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.