Comfort Officers of The Nova Fleet - [Sandbox, Freeform, Sci-Fi]

Started by MzHyde, May 16, 2014, 10:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

A few pages of posts is probably sufficient. She is already at the 'starting' stage so its just going to be much harder for her to see new-interest posts in this thread - which, once again is a RECRUITMENT thread, not an OOC Discussion Thread.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Vergil Tanner

Again, I can see your point, but to put it bluntly...none of us can presume to know what she is thinking or how she feels about it, we can only offer our own opinions. And surely chatting about the game and getting excited about it is hardly a bad thing. As it is, this debate over whether or not we should be posting as quickly as we are is posting just as many posts as before, it's just a less productive chain of posts. Personally speaking, unless Hyde herself says that she would rather the Recruitment Thread OOC chat be canned, I'm going to keep chatting about it. Again. I see your point....but I disagree, and the dispute will only be settled once Hyde herself weighs in.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Montagne

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 18, 2014, 02:31:44 PM
A few pages of posts is probably sufficient. She is already at the 'starting' stage so its just going to be much harder for her to see new-interest posts in this thread - which, once again is a RECRUITMENT thread, not an OOC Discussion Thread.

Given that no one seems to agree with this, lets move the discussion back to the game rather than debating the merits of it, as it seems to be wasted posts and as such counter-productive to the actual thing your trying to do :P.  Also arguing is a downer on everyone.

On the Nova 2 with the chief security officer there. (probably posted there for a reason :P) I can imagine justice being very harsh indeed, and also deep space justice probably rather like military justice isn't just restricted to being thrown in the brig, and Shaw would be sure to keep a very tight leash on any wild dogs on the crew :P

Quote from: IrishWolf on May 18, 2014, 02:26:01 PM
I'm going to have to remember that name/idea for a later roleplay, heeheehee

And as a GM in another game, I have to agree with Cal1496, I would much rather come home to find my thread blown up by possible players talking about the game, rather then a thread which has no new posts.

I feel the Nova 2 needs to start collecting nicknames :P

Haibane

TheGlyphstone

Vergil Tanner

Lmao, well, considering the Chief on Nova 2 thinks the two CO's are dissidents and is highly suspicious of them, perhaps he won't be as brutal to the men slapping them about....especially since he likes to do it himself. :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 18, 2014, 03:01:51 PM
Lmao, well, considering the Chief on Nova 2 thinks the two CO's are dissidents and is highly suspicious of them, perhaps he won't be as brutal to the men slapping them about....especially since he likes to do it himself. :P

Slapping them around, sure. When I meant 'breakage', I mean stuff like broken bones or permanent visible scars - stuff that could put them out of 'commission' for a long period and/or permanently reduce their value to the company. Minor violence would be ignored or outright encouraged, but inflicting actual damage would be hurting the company...and more importantly, hurting him, because a CO laid up for three weeks to heal a broken hip is a CO he can't use.

Vergil Tanner

Well, unless he's into that sort of thing.
But yeah, I see your point :P There is obviously a limit to the level of damage, but that is small comfort to the girls being slapped around. :P

TheGlyphstone

That's their fault for being Enemies Of The State who were subject to Suitable Resocialization and Reintegration As Productive and Useful Members Of Society.

This setting is pretty dystopian, now that I think closely about it.

Cal1496

If your female.  For a dude, pretty friggan sweet lol

TheGlyphstone

Eh, I can't help think that a government/setting where Comfort Officers are a socially acceptable and expected thing is that much better off for the guys who buck the system either. Like any dystopian setting, if you toe the Party Line and are a good little sheep, life is 'friggan sweet' indeed...but where female dissidents get brainwashed and conditioned into COs, male dissidents probably end up as lobotomized slave miners or conscript soldiers or something.

Vergil Tanner

This is true...but in the end, which fate is worse? To live out your days as a lobotomised vegetable, unaware of what has been done to you, set to work in a mining camp, or raped daily and sometimes even conditioned to enjoy it? I think I would prefer the vegetable. Ignorance is bliss, after all. Out of the other two....not sure which one I would want to avoid more.
But yeah...this is sounding like a Dystopian future rather than a Utopian one. Of course, the point of a Dystopian is to look and sound like a Utopia until you scratch the surface....a dysfunctional pseudo-Utopia, hence the title.

Haibane

Haha, I may have misjudged this game - many of the COs seem to have ended up here as some form of punishment, or have even been brainwashed into it while Anna has volunteered. I think that tells you a lot about her ;)

MzHyde - the above discussion is great, what I am thinking though is the game world could use a rank system so we know which man has what authority where and when. This'll help give the game structure and it can be used to build tension between individuals and ships. Usually (taking our real world maritime law as a base) the ship's captain is always the absolute and ultimate authority on a vessel unless a local pilot is aboard for the purpose of conning the vessel into or out of a port (and even then he only has navigation authority). Probably in a sci-fi setting local pilots are not needed as ships might navigate under full computer guidance. Under the captain the head of security will obey him and he'd have authority over everyone else in the same way a chief of police has over a city ruled by a king. The ships chief medic would always have any final say in a situation where a crewman's or passenger's health or well-being was involved, or a sickness was on the ship, etc.

I see a chief mining officer as largely a technical role who will oversee miners shifts, payscales, bonuses, workloads, the actual ore processing and storage, purchasing and expenditure of mining supplies, repair of mining equipment, etc. If a ship needed to fly somewhere to do her job as a mining ship, or to offload processed ore, that should be a matter for the captain.

Further down the scale shuttle and scout pilots, exoskeleton pilots, miners, cooks and bottle washers, etc would be "just employees." Its their job to be good at their jobs to earn more chits, or gamble/steal chits from others.

As to physical damage, this is sci-fi so MzHyde could have each medical bay be equipped with a full "Insta-Heal Chamber" if she wants ;)

Joking aside a CO will quickly get worn out, even if well-treated, so there could be drugs or machines that keep her body tight and moist all the time, or regenerates a hymen ... or anything like that.

Vergil Tanner

I agree with the above...and we'd need to figure out where Security Personnel would fit into this, since if they're there to keep the peace, they need at least some level of authority over the ships non-Security personnel. There would be rules and regulations and a separate ranking system, of course, but we'd need to work out how that factored into the hierarchy as a whole.

MzHyde

'Kay, before I get started; recruitment topic, not OOC topic. Please ease it back a bit. Even I don't wanna read six pages of this. Wait for the OOC topic, please.

Vergil Tanner

Welp, I bow to your will, and admit that MagicalPen was right. :-) Easing it back. *bows apologetically*

TheGlyphstone

And for extra "Fun", the official Table of Organization/Authority might have all, some, or absolutely no relation to how the ship's authority lines actually lay out. A Chief Miner is going to have a great deal of unofficial 'pull' regardless of where he sits on the ranking, assuming the mining crews and supervisors take their cues from him and see him as their 'captain'. The more a ship is in need of harsh discipline to keep its crew in line (like -2), the more overt authority the security forces will have and the more likely they are to find ways to abuse it.

*Screeeeeeeeeech*

And MzHyde has spoken. We shall resume this discussion when our glorious overlady has given us an OOC thread.

Kadigan

Not to heap on, but since I'm answering a question that Virgil posted: Basically her personality was subsumed by this new identity. She's ditzy, "fun" but also very submissive..almost an adaptive personality..she's with someone who wants a shy submissive pet she'll be that..someone who wants a party girl..well..

Vergil Tanner

@Glyph: Haha, yhup. I have a few questions/suggestions on hierarchy myself, but shall wait for the OOC post.

@Barbara: Aaaah, I see. So kind of a complete rewrite of her personality....interesting. In a kind of twisted, invasive, dystopian way.

MzHyde

Please see the first post for the new shuttle assignments! Due to the total lack of new recruits wanting to go to Nova 1, I have just decided to scrap one ship and put us down to two. In light of this, each ship now has three Comfort Officer's! So the current ratio is 3 to 5 for each ship. Hopefully Hercinia and Nymph get their profiles posted soon. If one of them drops out I still have another waiting, so we should be fine.

Give me another moment and I'll post the OOC, then the IC topics.

Vergil Tanner

Sweet. Nova 2 is where the party's at :P Waiting eagerly for the OOC post, haha.

Vergil Tanner

Question: Will there be an IC thread for each ship, or one collectively?

MzHyde

One for each, to make it easier for you to keep track of things.

Nymphadora

Character Name: Skye Veridian
Body Type:Curvy

Bio:From a young age, Skye was taught that her place was for serving and pleasuring any men in her life. There were numerous and nearly all of them were related to her. Born in a small colony on the largest moon of the gas giant, Fenac 3, Skye was the only daughter with seven brothers. The first thing she learned was that she was born to serve and was treated like little more than a slave until she was past puberty. Most of her life beyond puberty was spent nearly naked and readily available for her brothers and father as well as any male visitors. There was little to no work in general let alone for a woman which left her large family in near poverty, scraping out what they could from the land that was farmable under the large domes of on the moon. When the Comfort Initiative was implemented, Skye was sent off so that she could provide for her family. There were other women that could be used for the Veridian men in the colony.

Ons:Rough sex, flogging/whipping, bondage, gangbangs, anal, forced throat penetration
Offs: Scat
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.