Annoying 'preview' bug...

Started by mannik, January 18, 2010, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannik

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I've noticed a problem that occurs when previewing messages before sending them. Everywhere I have an apostrophe such as in the word I'm for example, after clicking the preview button, the message is previewd correctly, but in the text box where I initially typed the message a / appears before every apostrophe. So the word I'm becomes I/'m. (and if I didn't remove those /s they would be in the message when sent)

I don't have this problem when posting, only when sending PMs.

Haibane

I know this has come up before and I know it was in the 'Obviously Stuff is Broken' thread about the last forum upgrade... which I now can't seem to find... :-/

I think it is browser-specific as I use Firefox v3.5.3 and it doesn't happen to me.

But as for a resolution to your problem, sorry... I just hope someone else can find the 'Obviously' thread.

EDIT: Ah, here is the thread I was looking for:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=53388.0

Lithos

Which browser are you using? Knowing that would help narrowing down a bit at least. I tried to reproduce this effect with my Firefox, but it did not happen to me.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

mannik

Beguile's Mistress

I use both Firefox 3.5.3 and IE8 and it happens with both.  I think Veks said it's something to do with a bug and he's looking for/working on a fix.

Lithos

I am running Firefox 3.5.8 under Ubuntu Karmic and I cannot get the same thing to manifest.

I typed message: Hi, I'm testing if these thingies work: ' and ' and '. to PM window and clicked preview and i could see no /:s in either preview or original.

What unicode support have you installed? Maybe it is a charset issue?
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Haibane

I was wrong. I don't have Firefox 3.5.3 but 3.5.7 and I do not get this problem.