News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Swashbuckling adventure on the high seas!

Started by apygoos, November 03, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

This for now would be strictly an interest check for who might be up for a Pirate game. This would follow the adventures of a ship of pirates, somewhere around the mid 1700's to 1800's. Everyone on the crew, men and women both, are treated as equals, because these women boarding a victim vessel are just as  fearsome as the men..at least that's the rumor ;)

as interest is gathered we can develop things like names, a more focused time period, potential plot ideas, etc. I would also be looking for a co-gm that I can communicate with regularly, as I know for a fact i cant run a game alone for too long.

Eat, Drink, Plunder, cross steel and Be merry! Live life a free man and woman on the high  seas, be a pirate!

Co-GM: LovesReading2

[potential] opening plot synopsis: it starts off at the Pirate Cove, a secret island where there are no laws but those of the Pirate. That is where the rumors start of a treasure so large it could sink a single boat...or something like that. Maybe something mystical is within that treasure as well.

The royal navy though has other plans, while war is brewing in the American Colonies, there is one commander that takes their ship in pursuit of these rogues of the sea.
[players can play both a pirate and a Navy crew member]

Character sheet.
Player:

Name:

Alias:

Faction:

Desired position:

Appearance: [post REAL life images here of your respective faceclaim for your character, as well as filling out details below]

Height –

Weight –

Hair:

Complexion –

Notable marks or features – [any scars or tattoos?]

Ons: [both sexual and non]
Offs: [both sexual and non]

Personality:

History:

*special notes* [what are things about the character that the crew may know, or has heard as rumors? List those things here]

apygoos: Chris Hemsworth
Swashbuckler- Orlando Bloom
LovesReading2- Megan Fox, Penelope Cruise, Keria Knightley
WardenIce: Natalie Portman
Kokaine: Rhona Mitra, Julia Voth.

chatterbox https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=189502.0

Diesel Heart

Muse

*Smiles*  Don't suppose you'd consider running this with the Seventh Sea system?  :)

I probably don't have time anyway, but it looks like fun.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

apygoos

i don't plan on using a system, no. this will be completely free form

Loves

Yay Pirates! 

always happy to be part of the fun
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

MzHyde

apygoos

i considered steampunk air pirates, but this is classic pirates venturing across the seven seas in search of booty, glory, and freedom with their fellow crew. be that a the bottom of a pint, under the sheets, seizing a rare treasure,  or at the end of a smoking flintlock, that's for the adventure to decide!

Stygia

Could be interesting...any preference on gender/sexual orientation for your crew?

Wicked Vixen

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Swashbuckler

apygoos

Quote from: Stygia on November 04, 2013, 12:11:29 AM
Could be interesting...any preference on gender/sexual orientation for your crew?
i like gender balance but , how should i phrase it..
as long as thar be enough booty for everyone, orientation doesn't bother me.

Josietta

As much as I should not add another.... I can't resist pirates!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kimera

Loves

I sent you my faceclaims Apy!

three of them....*tells herself no more than three with a stern face!*

:P

ON HIATUS AGAIN

apygoos

im going to edit the OP with the current faceclaims.
and glad to have your interest Josi and Kimera! will Lunar be signing onto this as well? or is he keeping out?
as things progress I'll edit the OP accordingly as this will effectively turn into the recruitment thread.
feel free to discuss things like the year and location that these pirates shall sail around.
also still looking for a co-GM

Kimera

Quote from: apygoos on November 03, 2013, 10:26:59 PM

LovesReading2- Megan Fox, Penelope Cruise, Keria Knightley

Ohhh...A Pirate Megan Fox....Dips on a night with her :P

apygoos

from what i understand, one is a pirate, one is a saloon gal, the third is a captive. shes just getting her faceclaims out now so she has them all for when the time comes to reel them in as it were.

Kimera

Just messing around ^^

Looking for some character pictures myself

CarnivorousBunny

Hm! Interested but not 100% sold.
Sooo what would the crew be doing?  Just going around randomly causing mayhem? o_o
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Loves

Quote from: Kimera on November 04, 2013, 10:24:40 AM
Ohhh...A Pirate Megan Fox....Dips on a night with her :P

*snickers*

nothing like a good dip :P

ON HIATUS AGAIN

apygoos

the idea is literally only hours old. the overarching plot though would likely have to do with the region the crew is in. chasing rumors of valuable artifacts being shipped around to take it for ourselves. The hunt for riches and the free life on the sea, and the readiness to defend that life if need be. These pirates are not random. They mgiht board a random vessel at times and take what they see theirs, but more often than not, i see any boarding of vessels as calculated or the pursuit of a rumor. "Ye hear about the ship with the red sail? i hear it has the riches of ten men!"

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Josietta on November 04, 2013, 09:14:16 AM
As much as I should not add another.... I can't resist pirates!

*makes a note of this*

Senti

Can I play a cabin boy/actually a girl that also is the powder monkey?

I have a character that I  play table top she is actually quite nasty with a knife.

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Senti on November 04, 2013, 11:03:23 AM
Can I play a cabin boy/actually a girl that also is the powder monkey?
gasp! i wanted to do something like that! oh well xD 
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.