[M/M] [Secret Identities & Double Lives] Mr. & Mr. Smith

Started by Dotley, July 09, 2017, 04:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotley

Mr. & Mr. Smith

Genres: Drama, Slice of Life, Dark Humor, Romance
Themes: Suburban Blues, Couples Therapy, Secret Identities & Double Lives, Matrimony, Organized Crime or Espionage
Inspiration: Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Killers

Premise: By sheer dumb luck two men living acutely similar, but highly secretive double lives find each other through a "meet cute" happenstance. They fall hard and fall fast. Both of them are charmed and beguiled by the other's respective facade of normalcy and the promise of stability. They marry after a whirlwind romance and settle down in the suburbs...wholly ignorant of the other's secret identity and blissfully unaware of the moonlighting that goes on during those occasional of town business trips.

They have it all. The big house with a white picket fence. The high stress, but high paying careers. A maid to clean the toilets and a gardener to take care of the lawn. They go to the neighborhood's monthly book club meetings and participate in all those inane little community charity events. They're happily married. Until one day they find themselves unhappily married. The honeymoon periods ends and the boredom of suburbia finally gets to them. It leads to marital problems and the pair eventually find themselves in couples therapy in one last ditch effort to save their crumbling marriage.

I’d like to explore the delicate balancing act of the two characters trying to each keep their secret identities a secret from the other one while they try to repair their relationship and live up to the picture perfect ideal that suburban life demands. And the inevitable, violent fallout that occurs when their covers are blown and they can no longer lie to each other anymore.

What kind of double lives they're living is up for discussion. Perhaps they're hit-men or spies. Whatever it is it should be something highly illegal and very dangerous.

• Sometimes I post daily, but sometimes it might be a week or so before I reply. And when real life happens it happens. I’m looking for a writing partner that will be content with a relaxed pace for the story.
  • Forum only. I use PMs and Discord chatter and plotting, but not for fully writing out scenes.
  • I’m looking for someone interested in writing one of the husbands. My writing partner has freedom in creating him. They can choose his name, appearance, personality, etc. All I ask is that he be at minimum forty years old and I'd prefer a guy with switchy inclinations. For this story I'm only interested in writing about a married middle-aged couple and not a pair of young twenty-something. Let's play old dudes!
  • I’m also looking for someone capable and hyped to include supporting characters in the story. I don’t want the husbands to exist in a vacuum. They should have friends, coworkers, neighbors, their therapist, rivals from work, etc to flesh out the cast.
  • Plot VS Smut. I'm not looking for this to be a sex fest, but I'm also not looking for it to be smut-free either. This should be a character focused story where the plot hinges on the character's relationship. Sex and even kinky shenanigans are likely to happen during the course of the story and I could even see sexual dissatisfaction being a key point in their marital issues, but sex shouldn't be everything.
  • I’m happy to rework the premise and add in brand new elements according to my partner’s interests. We’ll just have to talk about it! I want to collaborate on a story beyond what has been laid out so far.

Please PM me if this idea tickles your interest. Don't post in this thread. Thanks!
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."