Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IzabellaJ

Mount and blade is a good little title if you like manic 1st person medieval combat. It has some issues, but it's a good cheap game :D
That new girl. Photoshop is my tool, message me if you want any shiny graphics. Creator of fine fake celebrity pictures since... 2013 ;D

http://izabellasfakes.tumblr.com/ (My tumblr, NSFW)

Shjade

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on August 10, 2013, 11:09:51 PM
Other then them two the only other game I've been messing around with is Dynasty Warriors 8...

One of the few games that's making me consider getting a PS3. :|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

IzabellaJ

I would wait for the PS4 to come out if you consider it.. will knock the price right down :P

I haven't played dynasty warriors in years, they always seemed very..samey.
That new girl. Photoshop is my tool, message me if you want any shiny graphics. Creator of fine fake celebrity pictures since... 2013 ;D

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Sarah1234567 on August 10, 2013, 11:28:59 PM
Is Dynasty Warriors 8 any good? I like the series for a while but I think it was number 5 and 6 or 4 and 5 that put me off.

I don't mind it... I've only partly done the Wei storyline and that alone has taken me about 8 hours so far. I've still got to unlock the branching what if battles. They really have added more playable characters and a new feature. The thing I hate is they got rid of the narrator. I will say that Lu Bu's theme is really badass this time around and he's still harder then hell to beat at Hu Lao gate. Then if you have my non existant luck Diao Chan gets in the way of your weapon and you accidentally beat her which pisses Lu Bu off and he gets even tougher and hunts you down the rest of the stage....

They added an affinity for weapons called the three point system, each weapon has an affinity: Heaven, Earth or Man... Heaven is stronger the Earth, Earth is stronger then Man and Man is stronger then Heaven. If your weapon is stronger you do more damage and can do storm rushes.. If the enemy generals weapon is stronger he will do more damage to you, but you gain a switch counter. I go and carry two different affinity weapons just in case....

They also added an Ambition mode which I haven't tried yet... Oh and the 360 version does have some slow down problems that they are supposed to be patching. I didn't have a big problem with it though since that many people on screen didn't last too long...

Quote from: Shjade on August 11, 2013, 02:16:03 AM
One of the few games that's making me consider getting a PS3. :|

Not sure if you were talking about Dragon's Crown or DW8... DW8 is on the 360 which is the system I picked it up for. Dragon's Crown is pretty fun and it was drawn well. More like Golden Axe with RPG elements and Diablo loot...

Shjade

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on August 11, 2013, 10:48:59 AM
Not sure if you were talking about Dragon's Crown or DW8... DW8 is on the 360 which is the system I picked it up for. Dragon's Crown is pretty fun and it was drawn well. More like Golden Axe with RPG elements and Diablo loot...

DW8, which is on both 360 and PS3, of which I own neither.
◕/◕'s

JadeArwen

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Kazyth on July 28, 2013, 12:26:37 PM
If you remeber and liked the old Oregon Trail game, then you might want to look into Organ Trail, on Steam.  It's a fun, cheap little zombie survival game done up in the style of Oregon Trail.  You have to try to slip past hordes of zombies, hunt for food and supplies, barter in little towns and with passers-by for spare parts for your car, all sorts of fun little things.  Not to mention having to make the call to off or not to off an infected party member.

And that spawn of Satan game is more difficult than Oregon Trail, too. XD

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Kazyth

God yes it is.  So friggin' hard.  Every game I name my characters after folks on E.

... and I spend much of the game cursing them for sitting on mufflers, breaking their limbs somehow, getting kidnapped by bandits, dicking around with and losing fuel, and all of the other sundry ways they make me want to play one game where I cap everyone else in the face at the outset and just go it alone.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Barenmarder

Mechwarrior Online's open Beta is fantastic fun. The best part is that its pace is slow enough and its learning curve different enough that the kinds of people who play Call of Duty and similar FPS's just do not seem to do well at it. There's not really any griefing or drama that I've noticed.

And the community is great. Seems to be largely fans of the games and the universe which makes for a pretty mature fan-base.

Nothing like tooling around in a custom Victor or Highlander, potting Jenners.
Ceterum autem censeo, America esse delendam
~~~
Speaker for Quellism
Evil Deeds done, Nefarious Schemes plotted, Maniacal Villain Laughter by request.
"Ask about our hourly rates."
est. 1979
RT: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=227285.0
F-List: http://www.f-list.net/c/the%20wandering%20bear/

JadeArwen

I would like to get Saints Row IV. I also notice that some people aren't keeping it PG-13. Oh, well! I just know its not fair.

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger has been pretty awesome.

Makes me want to play a Deadland's game...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

GanonDwarf

Mario and Luigi Dream Team is a pretty good game. If anyone's looking to add something to their 3DS library.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

IzabellaJ

msa24680

Playing Tales of Xillia right now... its not bad.

And yes, Fallout 3 was awesome

SakamotoHD

I've been re-playing persona 3 and 4.

Also Majora's mask. Reminding me why these classics are still so good.

Sody

I have been hooked on Borderlands 2 recently. 

Chris Brady

As some who hates idolizing criminals, even in games, I'm finding Saint's Row IV to be more than just a guilty pleasure.  It's like all my childhood, and recent years, I admit, all rolled up into one giant mess of parodies, in jokes and references.  Not to mention that Boss (whatever gender you chose, I like Troy Baker's Voice, so I made a guy) is actually a little more heroic than I expected.

Also, the game is *&%$ing HILARIOUS!

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

I just really wish SR4 was SR4. It's actually an expansion for SR3, right down to having identical civilians walking around the identical city map. Pretty big letdown.

I also don't understand why they've refused to bring back a black female voice. They had one in SR2, dropped it in SR3, then in SR4 even dropped the street chica hispanic voice in favor of some French accent and a southern belle. Why?

It sucks that everything in SR2 is so ugly by comparison to the graphical overhaul the series got in SR3, 'cause otherwise I'd love to go back and play that instead. I just can't get into it now. It's like trying to go backwards in the Dynasty Warriors series: you miss the additions from the new games too much even if you preferred the old maps and mechanics. x.x
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on August 26, 2013, 11:29:39 AM
I just really wish SR4 was SR4. It's actually an expansion for SR3, right down to having identical civilians walking around the identical city map. Pretty big letdown.

I also don't understand why they've refused to bring back a black female voice. They had one in SR2, dropped it in SR3, then in SR4 even dropped the street chica hispanic voice in favor of some French accent and a southern belle. Why?

It sucks that everything in SR2 is so ugly by comparison to the graphical overhaul the series got in SR3, 'cause otherwise I'd love to go back and play that instead. I just can't get into it now. It's like trying to go backwards in the Dynasty Warriors series: you miss the additions from the new games too much even if you preferred the old maps and mechanics. x.x
It's basically a stand-alone expansion for the Third.

So I'm going to pay as much for it as I would any expansion. Twenty bucks. :3
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Boxy

I'd say I enjoyed SR4 more than 3 if not just for the slightly better graphics and style, a little more emphasis on story(though it feels like it's simply the first act of a story rather than something that was actually finished), and the super powers and some of the weapons, but neither are anywhere near as good as 2 was.  Hell, it seems they've cut even more content from 4 than 3 did somehow.  A lot of the clothes are just gone, and they've taken out boats for no reason at all.  Opening up gateways is pretty much pointless since you can travel across Steelport in maybe a minute and they all go to the same sorry excuse for a crib.  It showed promise but still ended up a major let down.

Shjade

Not that the cribs in 3 were worthwhile once you had one finished; they were all more or less interchangeable, unlike the distinctly different ones available in 2. I can't say I missed boats in 4 since I never spent any time in the water unless necessary anyway, and the clothing options seemed more or less on par (including a lot of things that were DLC in 3, which probably upset some people who bought them), but I can say I never bothered driving around in 4 not just because the super powers made it superfluous, but because they took the Vortex - the best car by far - out of the game, which pretty much erased any interest I had in driving around.

I mean...fuck, guys, why do you keep cutting all the good stuff out of your games? :|

On a much, much more trivial note, I'd forgotten that I missed the completely pointless and unrewarding prostitution minigame from 2. The Boss too good to go hoing these days? For shame, forgetting your roots like that!
◕/◕'s

alextaylor

Papers, Please exceeded my expectations. Very good for its price. The gameplay itself is fun and replayable even after you've finished the story, which is the main appeal for a lot of people. Should appeal for a lot of you guys, who aren't too opposed to adult themes or a 'casual' game with a lot of complicated instructions.
O/O

Chris Brady

The other Saint's Row games don't interest me, so I can't say.  But SR IV is a lot of fun for me.

Sody

I am debating to pick up Saints Row or GTA. I like the free run/sandbox feel of being able to cause chaos and whatnot. I had San Andreas for PC but it no longer works because my old PC died and this one is not good enough to run games. I really enjoyed it because I liked the territory wars aspect of the game. I want to get one of these games for my 360.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me?