Books you'd like to see made into movies..

Started by Callie Del Noire, June 23, 2012, 12:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I just finished reading Feed by Mira Grant.. and aside from wanting to throw my ebook reader across the room about ONE thing.. I came away with a thought. THIS would be a good zombie movie

Anyone else read a book recently they KNOW could be a good book?

(FYI.. I'm waiting out for one of the 'prequels'.. a small Novella set in ComicCon 2014.. called. 'Last Stand of the California Browncoats')

jake one

I would love to see anyone of the dark hunter novles turned into a movie or maybe a tv seiries. Luckily i think they are making a tv seiries out of it.

Starlequin

Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash would be awesome on-screen. If for no other reason than to see Hiro ripping up the 'burbs in the Deliverator, or The Street in full, over the top CGI glory, lol.

I love Grant's Rising Trilogy, Callie. What had you so aggravated about Book 1?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Heaven Sent Blossom

I want Hawkmoon made into a movie, or a tv series I guess. I know it probably wouldn't be great, but I don't care, still want to see it happen.

Silverfyre

"The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss.  It's begging to be made into a movie.

Izzie Aditi

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I think it would be ridiculously difficult with the story in story concept, but when executed with care and with regards to the general atmosphere of the book...it would be an amazing movie.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Starlequin on June 23, 2012, 01:06:52 PM
Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash would be awesome on-screen. If for no other reason than to see Hiro ripping up the 'burbs in the Deliverator, or The Street in full, over the top CGI glory, lol.

I love Grant's Rising Trilogy, Callie. What had you so aggravated about Book 1?

I think the movie rights have been optioned for Snow Crash like six times.. it's gone into development hell more times than spiderman before Sony got it right. .

As for what got me pissed about book 1?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
George died.. I hate falling in love with a well spoken/written characters who die.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on June 23, 2012, 03:42:31 PM
I want Hawkmoon made into a movie, or a tv series I guess. I know it probably wouldn't be great, but I don't care, still want to see it happen.

Weren't there some Hawkmoon movies done in the 80s"?

Starlequin

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 23, 2012, 04:53:43 PM
I think the movie rights have been optioned for Snow Crash like six times.. it's gone into development hell more times than spiderman before Sony got it right. .

As for what got me pissed about book 1?

George died.. I hate falling in love with a well spoken/written characters who die.

*sigh* Yeah, I know. SC will probably never actually make it to the big screen. And honestly, that's probably a good thing. It'd probably end up in the hands of Michael Bay or something.

I'm guessing you haven't picked up Book 2 yet?
I thought the ending of Feed was heartbreaking, but wait until you finish Deadline...I was so happy I literally jumped out of my chair and fist-pumped like a maniac for a solid minute, lol.

Heaven Sent Blossom

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 23, 2012, 04:54:50 PM
Weren't there some Hawkmoon movies done in the 80s"?

I can't recall any and a cursory search of imdb comes up negative, however I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were right. And if you are then I would wrestle an angry wolverine in order to get to see them.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Starlequin on June 23, 2012, 05:10:57 PM
*sigh* Yeah, I know. SC will probably never actually make it to the big screen. And honestly, that's probably a good thing. It'd probably end up in the hands of Michael Bay or something.

I'm guessing you haven't picked up Book 2 yet?
I thought the ending of Feed was heartbreaking, but wait until you finish Deadline...I was so happy I literally jumped out of my chair and fist-pumped like a maniac for a solid minute, lol.

Star.. I read something upwards of 300 words a minute when I get cranked.. or I did last time I was tested on things not written in Cisco Engineer.. I finished the 2nd book about 2 hours after I posted the thread an I'm currenlty 56% done with the third.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on June 23, 2012, 05:24:25 PM
I can't recall any and a cursory search of imdb comes up negative, however I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were right. And if you are then I would wrestle an angry wolverine in order to get to see them.

I wouldn't.. if I recall what I saw of them they were BAD.. as in 'first direct to video' bad... and only tangentially tied to the books.

Starlequin

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 23, 2012, 05:24:41 PM
Star.. I read something upwards of 300 words a minute when I get cranked.. or I did last time I was tested on things not written in Cisco Engineer.. I finished the 2nd book about 2 hours after I posted the thread an I'm currenlty 56% done with the third.

Haha, then you know what I'm talking about. I haven't been able to pick up Blackout yet though; I was actually going to buy it today, and the bookshop sold its last copy last week.  ::)

Okay, /hijack.

Saerrael

Robin Hobb
The Realm of the Elderlings series.
Though... I think even 16 movies would not go deep enough into the material. Perhaps a series would be nifty.

The Farseer Trilogy

The Farseer Trilogy follows the life of FitzChivalry Farseer (Fitz), a trained assassin, in a kingdom called The Six Duchies while his uncle, Prince Verity, attempts to wage war on the Red-Ship Raiders from The OutIslands who are attacking the shores of the kingdom by turning the people of the Six Duchies into Forged ones; still alive, but without any emotion or soul. Meanwhile Prince Regal's jealousy and the indulgence of his own selfish whims threatens to destroy Six Duchies.

Assassin's Apprentice (1995)
    Royal Assassin (1996)
    Assassin's Quest (1997)

Liveship Traders Trilogy

The Liveship Traders Trilogy mainly takes place southwest of The Six Duchies in Bingtown (a colony of Jamaillia) and focuses on Liveships (sentient ships). The trilogy is unusually nautical – an area seldom covered in fantasy – with the germ of it being apparently the idea of portraying ships whose figureheads are literally alive and sentient. While this trilogy does not follow FitzChivalry Farseer's life, it is linked to both the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies.

Ship of Magic (1998)
    The Mad Ship (1999)
    Ship of Destiny (2000)

The Tawny Man Trilogy

The Tawny Man continues the life of FitzChivalry Farseer from The Farseer Trilogy. It commences 15 years after the events in Assassin's Quest, a period covered in part by The Liveship Traders Trilogy. It focuses on The Fool's attempts to guide others to fulfill his prophecies.

Fool's Errand (2002)
    Golden Fool (2003)
    Fool's Fate (2003)

The Rain Wilds Chronicles

Takes place in the years after the Liveship Traders trilogy, and runs concurrently with and following the events of the Tawny Man Trilogy.

Dragon Keeper (2009)
    Dragon Haven (2010)
    City of Dragons (February 2012)
    Blood of Dragons (February 2013)

Soldier Son Trilogy
Main article: Soldier Son Trilogy

Set in a new world unrelated to her previous trilogies, the Soldier Son Trilogy follows the life of Nevare Burvelle, the second son of a newly elevated Lord of the Kingdom of Gernia, and his preparation for and education at the King's Cavalla Academy. Unlike her other series, this work draws strongly in myths of the American Frontier.

Shaman's Crossing (2005)
    Forest Mage (2006)
    Renegade's Magic (2008)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Starlequin on June 23, 2012, 05:35:22 PM
Haha, then you know what I'm talking about. I haven't been able to pick up Blackout yet though; I was actually going to buy it today, and the bookshop sold its last copy last week.  ::)

Okay, /hijack.

No worries.. I hijack a lot of threads. "D

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Morrowclaw

I know it would be impossible due to the sheer length of each book but, the Wheel of time series would be awesome. They could even put in on HBO like Game of Thrones.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: jcsimpson on June 23, 2012, 06:37:19 PM
I know it would be impossible due to the sheer length of each book but, the Wheel of time series would be awesome. They could even put in on HBO like Game of Thrones.

Been optioned FOREVER.. Jordan mentioned something about a miniseries in 2000.. but the folks involved left NBC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time#Television_and_film

Sasquatch421

Eon and Eona by Allison Goodman would make good movies. I would also love to see the Anita Blake series on the big screen as well or at least a tv series....

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 23, 2012, 06:44:28 PM
Eon and Eona by Allison Goodman would make good movies. I would also love to see the Anita Blake series on the big screen as well or at least a tv series....

Well at least the first few books.. the stuff after Narcissus Unchained isn't as good in some areas as I like.. haven't even read the last two books.

Aidonsious

The Belgariad by David Eddings.

As well, I remember when I was in middle school reading Amelia Atwater Rhodes's short stories. Loved them as well.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 23, 2012, 06:46:53 PM
Well at least the first few books.. the stuff after Narcissus Unchained isn't as good in some areas as I like.. haven't even read the last two books.

Hit List is actually quite good if you like ther older novels where it was all about solving cases and she didn't spend 10 chapters flat on her back. There was like 1 sex scene and that was it, plus Edward actually opens up some.

Kiss the Dead is pretty good as well... I usually don't buy hard covers, but this time I made an exeption.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 23, 2012, 07:45:07 PM
Hit List is actually quite good if you like ther older novels where it was all about solving cases and she didn't spend 10 chapters flat on her back. There was like 1 sex scene and that was it, plus Edward actually opens up some.

Kiss the Dead is pretty good as well... I usually don't buy hard covers, but this time I made an exeption.

I'm used to buy the Hard Covers.. I think after Flirt.. I stopped reading completely.

Sasquatch421

It did get to the point where it was like there was sex scenes everywhere. I think it did end up to be where Anita would trip and an erection just happened to be in the way as she put it... These last few books have started to balance it out more though.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 23, 2012, 08:14:02 PM
It did get to the point where it was like there was sex scenes everywhere. I think it did end up to be where Anita would trip and an erection just happened to be in the way as she put it... These last few books have started to balance it out more though.

she nearly spent 1/2 a book in bed in one of them. Flirt was a short story.. I read fast.. really really fast.. when I can read a hard cover from cover to cover in under  1 hour  45 minutes it's too light on content and too heavy on fluff.