Man uses nail clippers in DIY circumcision

Started by Spookie Monster, July 09, 2009, 07:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Wow.  Ow.

Man uses nail clippers in DIY circumcision

A man who gave himself a DIY circumcision using nail clippers was taken to hospital for emergency treatment.

An interesting line:

"This is something we would advise men never to attempt," a medic said.

You THINK?

Just in case you yourself might be considering a similar procedure, please, PLEASE consider visiting FindTheMohel or a similar resource first.  Thank you.

Spel

In the shadows he clipped his thing...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Marguerite

I do not have manly bits but even I wince in pain for the man.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

BaronS

Nail clippers...

NAIL CLIPPERS...

There are HOW many sharp implements in the average house you could use to try and do this but he had to use nail clippers?  Ive heard of it happening before but at least those people were slightly more sane and used scissors or knives...although a sick part of me likes to think he borrowed them off someone else and just wishes I could be there for the awkward moment when he goes to return them. 
Gone Walkabout. 

Will return.

Silk

natural selection has been twarted yet again

Oniya

Quote from: BaronS on July 10, 2009, 08:05:46 AM
Nail clippers...

NAIL CLIPPERS...

There are HOW many sharp implements in the average house you could use to try and do this but he had to use nail clippers? 

*looks around desk - desk mind you*

Swiss Army Knife with two actual knife blades on it (as opposed to the wood and [I think] metal saws)
Paring knife
Two pairs of scissors (one Fiskars, one embroidery - both very sharp)
Craft X-Acto knife (little silver one)
Craftsman carpet knife (big orange-handled one)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

kylie

Hmmms.
I think Oniya's desk has more blades than my whole place.  And sharper, setting aside the mandatory kitchen knife.

I do have some scissors here...  Someplace. 
Oh, but we have the bondage safety shears!  They're kinda short.  It might take an extra snip.  Heh.

Somehow this reminds me of people running around the house in horror movies trying to find and contain all the sharpies.  Before the ghost or stalker arrives to make use of them.

HairyHeretic

The story mentions alcohol having been involved.

I don't think there's enough alcohol in the world to make me think that this was a good idea :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Fertile Myrtle

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY?

Who... How...

edit: I have the same nail clippers in the article picture! Spooky.

Fertile Myrtle & YOU!
(My O/O's - Last Updated - Dec 10th 2010)
Absences & Apologies
(Last Updated - August 8th)

privilegedXchore

Oh my. I'm not even sure what else I could say.

We really need something to help with Natural Selection though.
I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it, For ever and a day.

O/o|A/a

Nadir

... not as bad at the documentary I saw on TV a while ago, where a guy tried to self-castrate, using the ball-crusher pliers they use on bull calves. *grimaces*

Fertile Myrtle

Quote from: Eden on July 10, 2009, 04:57:04 PM
... not as bad at the documentary I saw on TV a while ago, where a guy tried to self-castrate, using the ball-crusher pliers they use on bull calves. *grimaces*

Dear God,

Why... Oh, why...

Love,
Fertile Myrtle

Fertile Myrtle & YOU!
(My O/O's - Last Updated - Dec 10th 2010)
Absences & Apologies
(Last Updated - August 8th)

Silk

Let them, so the world will be rid of their stupidity.

The Overlord

You have to [edit] BE off somehow just to consider doing this, and full blown commited to actually do it.  :o

HairyHeretic

Kinda reminds me of one of the stories in the Fortean Times Book of Weird Sex.

If you're squeamish you may want to stop reading.

Seriously :)

I mean it.

Well, don't say I didn't warn you.

This is listed as being documented in a 1991 medical journal, so I'll presume its a true story.

An unmarried loner in Pennsylvania worked in a machine shop, and would remain behind when his colleagues went for lunch. Taking advantage of this, he began the practice of masturbating by rubbing himself against the canvas drive belt of a large piece of machinery.

One day, as he approached orgasm, he lost his concentration and leaned too close to the belt. His scrotum became caught between the pulley wheel and the drive belt, throwing him through the air to land a few feet away. His scrotum was torn open and his left testicle lost. Unaware of this fact, and presumably in too much shock to feel the pain, he performed some impromptu first aid on himself, closing the wound with an industrial staple gun.

Then went back to work.

Several days later, the 8 staples went rusty, and his scrotum was twice the size of a grapefruit, heavily discoloured and oozing blood and pus. Only then did he decide to go to a doctor about it. He was in hospital for a week, and the story states that what repairs were possible were made. It doesn't say what those were.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

BaronS

Can you hear that?
Thats the sound of thousands of men simultaneously crossing their legs after reading Hairy's story.
Although I give the guy credit for going EIGHT days with his nutsack stapled together before thinking "I might go to the hospital about this."

Although personally - the story that makes me cringe was this genius who decided to put his appendage into a park bench.  I love the line in the report that says: Mr Xing, described in reports as "lonely and disturbed", told police that he thought it would be fun to have sex with the bench.

Lonely and disturbed - I think thats a bit of an understatement in this case. 

Gone Walkabout. 

Will return.

HairyHeretic

8 staples, several days actually.

I did warn you, after all :)

The book of Weird Sex has dozens of stories of accidents with inanimate objects. Reading the excuses is great though.

"I was making myself a sandwitch at night, in the nude, and accidently sat on the ketchup bottle."

Heres a much more lighthearted story.

A man in Califrnia in 1992 was fitted with a prototype electonic implant, to help impotent men rise to the occasion by remote control. Unfortunately it seemed to operate on a frequency identical to the one used by his neighbours electronic car door openers :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Oniya

Okay, that even tops the one I saw on TLC (which does not involve nutsacks, or even anything in that specific region).

A self-described handyman is doing some yard work when he falls out of a tree and breaks his leg.  Being a thrifty sort of guy, he decides to forgo the cost of a trip to the doctor, and uses a heavy sock, a bucket, and some quick-dry cement to make a cast all by himself.

What he doesn't realize is that cement, as it dries, is rather - caustic.  Several days later, running a high fever and in pain that he describes somewhere under 5 on the 1-10 scale, he takes himself to the ER.  I forget how they managed to get the cement off of him, but it had a) eaten through the heavy sock, and b) given him severe chemical burns.  However, it didn't look infected, which is normally the reason for a severe fever.  The doctor inquired further.

Turns out that he'd hit a branch on the way down, and torn open his side.  He'd fixed that too - with make-shift 'stitches' of copper wire.  That was badly infected, requiring immediate hospitalization, far beyond what he would have required for going to the ER when the incident occurred.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

PaleEnchantress

I love CBT but these stories go waaaaaay to far with it.....
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Rhapsody

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 10, 2009, 01:47:26 PM
The story mentions alcohol having been involved.

I don't think there's enough alcohol in the world to make me think that this was a good idea :)

I remember seeing something similiar on an episode of Nip/Tuck.  Granted, it's highly dramatized and exaggerated for primetime TV, but if you look hard enough, there's some truth to it.  As I understand it, you can find instructions on the internet on how to self-circumsize.  I haven't looked myself, not having the slightest need to do so, but in the episode I watched, the instructions suggested using wine as both an anesthesia and a sterilizing agent which makes sense in an oddly twisted fashion.

I imagine poor body image had a lot more to do with it than the booze did.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.