News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Uhg x.x will never understand computers. I can run Crysis on High no problem, but GTA4 lags, and if I try and install mods the game just dies on me.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on June 18, 2011, 03:07:44 PM
Uhg x.x will never understand computers. I can run Crysis on High no problem, but GTA4 lags, and if I try and install mods the game just dies on me.
I think that might be because GTA IV is actually denser than Crysis in a lot of ways that aren't graphical. It might be just processing speed.

I don't know, I know I can't get my computer to run solitaire without sacrificing a few virgins over the keyboard every now and again.

It's an art, not a science.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on June 18, 2011, 03:07:44 PM

It's a console port, Sabby..it wasn't optimized for computers. :/

Sabby

*sighs* Guna reinstall it... but now that I'm a PC gamer, I guess I should get used to SHIT NOT WORKING xD

Hemingway

Among other things you should get used to are superior controls and graphics.

Welcome to the master race.

Oniya

'Better control' is going to depend on what you're doing.  I have a hard time visualizing how car steering can be improved on from a set of standard computer peripherals.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Pfft. I hate that. "PC has the best controls" I've always called bullshit on that. Its like saying "Pros play on Inverted" Its a personal thing. If you can use a keyboard and mouse better then a controller, its the best option for you. I, however, can't. My fingers get lost on the keys too much. Instead of jamming the butt of my rifle into the dudes cheek I end up bonking him on the nose with a grenade, try to back up really quick but accidentally strafe to the right and hit the use key at the same time.

I'm hopeless with a keyboard, but I own on a controller. Thats just how I am. There is no superior choice.

Hemingway

You say that now. Just wait!

Edit: Also, currently playing Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption.

Tonalberry

Quote from: Hemingway on June 19, 2011, 04:37:26 PM
You say that now. Just wait!

Edit: Also, currently playing Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption.

Ohh, I want to play that again so bad.  I've never even gotten the second half, the modern age.

Hemingway

Quote from: Tonalberry on June 19, 2011, 04:51:21 PM
Ohh, I want to play that again so bad.  I've never even gotten the second half, the modern age.

GOG.com has it for $6. Works like a charm on Win7. Widescreen support, even.

Tonalberry

sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me

abandoneddolly

finally decided to get the fear thing off steam. Its taking forever's to download though, and I have to play on hubbys computer cause this old one wont hold it but still...yay f ear.

Hemingway

Quote from: abandoneddolly on June 19, 2011, 05:26:43 PM
finally decided to get the fear thing off steam. Its taking forever's to download though, and I have to play on hubbys computer cause this old one wont hold it but still...yay f ear.

They call it FEAR for a reason. Prepare to find out.

Geeklet

After all the negative comments and bad reviews, I had to play Duke Nukem Forever. Maybe its a bit of the nostalgia in me, but I am absolutely loving the absurdity of it all.

abandoneddolly

Quote from: Hemingway on June 19, 2011, 05:35:25 PM
They call it FEAR for a reason. Prepare to find out.
I sorta remember playing  one before, but i suck so bad at shooters I quit. I liked the creepiness of it.

Hemingway

Knowing the history of Bohemia sort of puts new perspective on World of Darkness. If only I'd known the Premysls were mostly ghouls - mortal servants of vampires - at my exam.

Tonalberry

Hemingway

abandoneddolly

playing F.E.A.R easiest setting and I cant aim to save my life. grrr...I might just resort to watching while my hubby plays.

Hemingway

I just got distracted by an ad for APB. The shortest-lived MMO of all time is apparently now free to play. And it's quite fun. Very PvP oriented, so I suppose it depends on the number of players, but as far as controls, character customization and just the overall gameplay, it's pretty good. Pretty good as in "I could have been persuaded to pay for this".

Tonalberry

Wyrd

I don't think need video games to play adult games of truth and dare.
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

PC controls being better than console is absolute tripe that is all.

I can even play RTS's on console. It's called a learning curve.

Well, anyway. Played Portal 2, great game, as good as the original and they finally stopped holding my hand and let me work through some dang puzzles... for science .

Beat Bulletstorm. Fun game, shifts a little too much on the serious/absurd scale of gaming a bit too much but shooting people in the crotch never really gets old.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Tonalberry on June 21, 2011, 03:32:59 PM
So, anyone see this yet?

We Dare: Debut Commercial

Europe gets all the best games.

Yeah.

Rated "For all Ages"

No lie. there was a shit storm about that.

Anyway..playing Ocarina of time...first paycheck next week I'll be getting me a Gamefly subscription. o3o

Tonalberry

Quote from: Wolfy on June 21, 2011, 08:39:15 PM
Yeah.

Rated "For all Ages"

No lie. there was a shit storm about that.

Anyway..playing Ocarina of time...first paycheck next week I'll be getting me a Gamefly subscription. o3o

I've got Gamefly, has saved me sooo much money.