The Mansion (Victorian/Gothic Themed RP) Week 1 CLOSED

Started by Spell, February 24, 2011, 07:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal Blade

Okay, I might be willing to jump in, but I need a little clarification on a few things.

This is set in Europe? It is also the Victorian era, which I assume means it's in England? If yes; then what decade during Queen Victoria's reign would we be looking at?

Black Howling

Heh, Luna has tugged me this way a couple times. It looks interesting, and if Blade might be jumping in too, then so will I. I'll start working on a CS if this is still gonna happen.

wildstar

Spell

Quote from: Eternal Blade on March 25, 2011, 07:53:28 PM
Okay, I might be willing to jump in, but I need a little clarification on a few things.

This is set in Europe? It is also the Victorian era, which I assume means it's in England? If yes; then what decade during Queen Victoria's reign would we be looking at?

The Mansion is not neccisarely located in England, nor  does is take place specifically in that era, the entire setting however does draw inspiration and is based from the attire and the like so I cannot provide an accurate date for that. I would guess that if you really want something accurate, then 1855 would do, but please don't feel obliged to stick to that year, as this is partly a fantasy RP as well, so players can have a lot of freedom in creation of their characters. =]
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Spell on March 25, 2011, 08:26:41 PM
The Mansion is not neccisarely located in England, nor  does is take place specifically in that era, the entire setting however does draw inspiration and is based from the attire and the like so I cannot provide an accurate date for that. I would guess that if you really want something accurate, then 1855 would do, but please don't feel obliged to stick to that year, as this is partly a fantasy RP as well, so players can have a lot of freedom in creation of their characters. =]

Okay, then. I'll start on a character sheet now. I should have it up tonight, or tomorrow night at latest.

Lady Lunarius

WHEEEEEE!!!!

~Looks to Howling~

Spell called me a whore btw ~Totally out of context there~ >.>
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on March 25, 2011, 08:41:02 PM
WHEEEEEE!!!!

~Looks to Howling~

Spell called me a whore btw ~Totally out of context there~ >.>
Weren't you whoring his roleplay out to get it the apt attention it deserved?

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Black Howling on March 25, 2011, 08:43:00 PM
Weren't you whoring his roleplay out to get it the apt attention it deserved?

Hmmmph....meanie head ~pouts in her corner~
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Alysanthia

Eternal Blade

Name: Troy Denton
Height: 6’-1”
Weight: 185lbs
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Strongly Heterosexual
Race: Cursed Human

Personality: Troy’s personality leans towards brooding, even grim at times. He can be strait forward to the point of being blunt, but knows to back off a subject when tensions rise too high. More than that, though, he is confident in everything he does; and doesn’t see failure as an option.

History: Troy was born the third son of a Ranch owner in Texas, United States. He grew up working on the farm, and while he worked hard his entire youth he came out with experiences few men have. He was a wild spirit as a youth, and often adventured far into the wilds for weeks at a time, testing and pushing his ability to survive.

When he was 18 he married a woman from the North and moved that way so that she didn’t have to live in the arid environment he was raised in. They lived happily together for three years, before he received news of his father death. He went to the funeral of his father, while his wife stayed at home.

There, Troy was insulted by his brothers who blamed him for their fathers death, and not wanting to leave on bad terms he stayed to work the problems out with his siblings, even sending word to his wife to join him. On her way to Texas, she was raped and killed by bandits, which caused further feuding with his brothers.

Eventually he went to seek out the men that killed his wife, and met up with them one year after her murder, where he killed them. He hadn’t acted within the law, and a corrupt marshal in the area had a warrant issued for him dead or allive made. He skipped states; but in the doing killed a sheriff, not willing to go to jail for avenging his wife.

He made his way to New Orleans where he boarded a ship to Europe, and began a life as a hunter and explorer of Africa, and The Middle East. While in India Troy encountered a witch, who cursed him for killing a cow. He has been unable to age or kill any living being for nearly two years now. Nothing has been able top harm him, from fire, to cuts from knives, all wounds heal up within a matter of hours.

Without a way to make a living in a world, that killing and exploration are nearly intertwined; he was deliberating a career in politics; when he received an invitation to the Blackwood Mansion. He recalled seeing a similar invitation on the desk of his wife’s father, and was curious. Upon asking around he was further surprised to find so many people to be spiteful of the little manor.

He was later told by a noble in London that had often employed Troy, that he could find out what was wrong with him at the manor. That had his mind made up, and so he packed his things and headed that way at his first possible convenience.

First Time at Mansion: Yes, but from what he’s heard in England he’s sure it will be a hell of a party.

Sexual Limits: Many of my O/O’s are negotiable, but make sure to ask me about it first.

Spell

Eternal Blade and Michi Are accepted! =)

We are close to starting! ^^
Darling,
What is going on...

Ironwolf85

I am tempted to play an aquatic humanoid somehow the image of a humanoid shark in a victorian suit popped into my head
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Spell

Well, there is still room for 2 male characters! =)

Edit: One is reserved for Black Howling though, I am quite willing to make the ratio 5:5 though. =)
Darling,
What is going on...

Alysanthia

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on March 26, 2011, 04:42:09 PM
I am tempted to play an aquatic humanoid somehow the image of a humanoid shark in a victorian suit popped into my head

*Giggles* Awesome.

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on March 26, 2011, 04:42:09 PM

That sounds so odd....

Well if you can make it work.

Black Howling

Name: Gabriel Terrance
Height: 6'3
Weight: 210 lbs
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Werewolf
Personality: Gabriel is a calm and empathic person, whom enjoys conversation with pretty much anyone. He is very loyal to the blackwood family, and is often seen as protective over those inside the manor. Despite this, he is very welcoming of any guests, and does all he can to make sure their stay is as marvelous as possible.

History: Gabriel was a hunter that owned a cabin in the woods when a chance encounter with a werewolf changed his life forever. He was bitten by the creature while tracking him through the woods, and cursed with lycanthropy from the bite. He was unaware of his condition at first, but this too changed upon the fullmoon when the beast within tore loose upon his loved ones. Having woke up the next morning covered in blood, he immediately set off to figure out just what had happened.

Trouble seemed to follow him werever he went, never being able to master the change until one auspicious fullmoon, when he was saved by Florian's father. The man seemed to be able to stop the maddening, and offered him a deal. He told the werewolf that if he came to serve his family's line, that the curse would never plague him again. Tired of the bloodshed, and feeling this was the only way he had left to repent, Garbiel quickly agreed to the deal.

Since then, Gabriel has been utterly loyal to the line that he feels saved him from beast. He has served the blackwoods for nearly 46 years now, working off his debt as a butler and groundskeeper. He vowed to keep the position for as long as his immortal life would allow when Florian acended to the head of the house, seeing the young scion as even greater then his father. He thinks his vision, or what he has seen of it, is a great one and wants to help make sure that it is properly reached.

First Time at Mansion: No. He has worked here for as long as he has served the blackwoods.
Sexual Limits: Check my O&O's. Many of them can be negotiated in the right circumstances, and I'm fairly open otherwise. For this character, I'd say just don't expect any wolfy sex.

Tell me if that works out, boss. Feel free to let me know if I need to edit or elaborate on anything.

Spell

Darling,
What is going on...

Ironwolf85

Name: Salas-Kaptur aka Sal
Height: 6,5 - 7,5 - 8,5
Weight: ???
Sex: Male (most of the time) Primals refuse to be limited in form, his physical gender is whatever strikes him at the time.
Sexual Orientation: Bi of course.
Race: Retired Primal demi-god, greatly reduced in power.
Personality: Dominant, and used to getting his way. But humbled by his defeat by modern religon, philophy, and science. He used to live in a world without any limits or taboos, and has had an especally hard time adjusting to uptight victorian socity. He looks down on most humans, especally occult wizards. But finds them amusing at the same time. One human is nothing, a human with a rifie is annoying, a fully armed group of Royal Marines could blast him into oblivion, and he knows this.

History: A primal avatar, created by the raw mana of his followers, he was a powerful aquatic demi-deity, for the longest time, he was a major power in the south seas. His life was wild, a cyclone of passion, power, politics, and pleasure.
Then The British came, the empire's missionaries and new way of life converted his followers, sapped his power, and there was not a single thing he could do to stop it. The Empire treated his people well, let them preserve their culture, giving him enough time to pour himself into a physical avatar, before his spark went out. Other primal cults like his exist, and are slowly being erased by the march of Science, Philophy, and Missionaries. Some Primals become demons like Dagon, others die out, and yet others linger sleeping. Salas chose instead to tip back a cup of wine, laugh, and look foreward eternal retirement. Preferbily On a sandy beach somewhere in the south seas with a woman in his arms. but like other primals, he fell into a sleeping stupor. Untill some idiot mage summoned him to england with a spell and tried to bind him. Instead Salas freed the intended sacrifices, which were supposed to be used to bind him, Salas threw the high priest and his cultists into the portal when the unsummoning happened. he's been free ever since. he recieved this invitation not long after.

Apperance: Without his followers, he is now bound to phyical form, and while he can change some parts of himself he cannot do so drasticly, for example he can add legs or designs to his body.

http://d.facdn.net/art/arakupa/1152045658.arakupa_shark_.jpg

First Time at Mansion: yes, though he's heard of the blackwoods, some Primals used to pass between worlds, and more than one sleeping primal has bothered to wake up for one of his wild parties.
Sexual Limits: no scatplay, blood sacrifice, and other such nastyness.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Lady Lunarius

Hi Ironwolf, I've sent you a message about your character, if you could take a look at it that'd be awesome. ^_^
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on March 26, 2011, 07:00:57 PM
Name: Salas-Kaptur aka Sal
Height: 6,5 - 7,5 - 8,5
Weight: ???
Sex: Male (most of the time) Primals refuse to be limited in form, his physical gender is whatever strikes him at the time.
Sexual Orientation: Bi of course.
Race: Retired Primal demi-god, greatly reduced in power.
Personality: Dominant, and used to getting his way. But humbled by his defeat by modern religon, philophy, and science. He used to live in a world without any limits or taboos, and has had an especally hard time adjusting to uptight victorian socity. He looks down on most humans, especally occult wizards. But finds them amusing at the same time. One human is nothing, a human with a rifie is annoying, a fully armed group of Royal Marines could blast him into oblivion, and he knows this.

History: A primal avatar, created by the raw mana of his followers, he was a powerful aquatic demi-deity, for the longest time, he was a major power in the south seas. His life was wild, a cyclone of passion, power, politics, and pleasure.
Then The British came, the empire's missionaries and new way of life converted his followers, sapped his power, and there was not a single thing he could do to stop it. The Empire treated his people well, let them preserve their culture, giving him enough time to pour himself into a physical avatar, before his spark went out. Other primal cults like his exist, and are slowly being erased by the march of Science, Philophy, and Missionaries. Some Primals become demons like Dagon, others die out, and yet others linger sleeping. Salas chose instead to tip back a cup of wine, laugh, and look foreward eternal retirement. Preferbily On a sandy beach somewhere in the south seas with a woman in his arms. but like other primals, he fell into a sleeping stupor. Untill some idiot mage summoned him to england with a spell and tried to bind him. Instead Salas freed the intended sacrifices, which were supposed to be used to bind him, Salas threw the high priest and his cultists into the portal when the unsummoning happened. he's been free ever since. he recieved this invitation not long after.

Apperance: Without his followers, he is now bound to phyical form, and while he can change some parts of himself. His most common appearance is a suprisingly attractive blend of Shark, Human, and Luminious Octopus. Athleticly fit, with deep blue skin, and glowing orange tatoos across his chest and arm, with heavy clothes to cover up, he can pass for a large human.

First Time at Mansion: yes, though he's heard of the blackwoods, some Primals used to pass between worlds, and more than one sleeping primal has bothered to wake up for one of his wild parties.
Sexual Limits: no scatplay, blood sacrifice, and other such nastyness.

He's not that old in the grand scheme of things, only 2,430...

I suppose the Middle ages didn't last that long, only a thousand years in contrast.

Never mind. :P

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Eternal Blade on March 26, 2011, 09:04:37 PM
He's not that old in the grand scheme of things, only 2,430...

I suppose the Middle ages didn't last that long, only a thousand years in contrast.

Never mind. :P

You're such a geek
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Eternal Blade

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Eternal Blade on March 26, 2011, 09:10:12 PM
I love history. If that makes me a geek then so be it.

Many other things make you a geek as well.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Eternal Blade