A henchman's revenge [Superhero, Marvel, system-light, possible EX]

Started by TanaSilver, September 13, 2011, 01:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TanaSilver

I'm looking to launch a system-light game with the following premise set loosely in the Marvel universe: you are an assistant to the Mad Thinker. You're a genius in your own right, but you aspire to reach the levels of brilliance (and perhaps madness) of your mentor. One problem, he's in jail. Worse yet, he's pissed and has problems. This is your big chance, though. He wants revenge on those who have wronged him. Get him that revenge, and he will reward you. This can be your big break!

This game will have the following elements:

• This is intended as a cat and mouse game as well as a simulation. The Mad Thinker and you built the Awesome Android together, your greatest creation. Then some new super hero chick came along and busted it up, carting the pieces away. That bitch! You have two goals: get revenge on her for your boss, and retrieve what's left of the android so you can begin again.

• As a simulation game, your success is not guaranteed. Put your plan in motion and see if it succeeds, or if you end up in jail right alongside your boss.

• I will be placing this in the EX section to allow for any outcome. However, what you do is up to you. Your "revenge" can be whatever you like. However, if you don't please your master, then you get no reward.

• This will be a system light game. Meaning, I will moderate the game and all dice rolls take place behind the scenes, so you don't have to worry about it. I won't even be discussing game mechanics unless you're really curious.

• I'm only taking one player, and I will be choosy. Please only apply if you're really interested.

• This game will have a definite end to it, when you either succeed or fail.

• It takes place in the Marvel Universe, though a customized version that more closely matches our world. You will be up against the fairly new superhero lady, but she is loose allies with the Fantastic Four, so they may make an appearance, which would be bad for you. I'm setting it up this way to encourage you to come up with a good, stealthy plan. If you blow it, she will likely run for help to the FF and then you're job just got that much harder.

Questions can be placed in this thread, but entries of interest only by PM, please.
O/O