Salem Institute Of Magic (Potterverse! Always Accepting! LGBTQA Friendly!)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, August 25, 2014, 10:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

About to send in my student! Can't wait!!! *Squeals*
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Quote from: Kokaine on September 03, 2014, 03:40:16 PM
Oh MY. HELLO! ^-^

I'll take that as a sign that you like. xD

Credit for finding the model goes to Gnothi. >_>

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Black Howling

And finally sent in my sheet. Tired me is most likely heading to bed shortly.

DarkAngel111

Character's Name: Sean Galvan.
Nickname: Kat, Rina, Native American Name:
Character's Birthdate and Age: 20th June 1986
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Cultural heritage in addition to American/Wizard American:
Hometown: Los Angeles, California.

Position at Salem: Transfiguration Professor

Magical School attended:Hogwarts.
House/House alumni: Gryffindor.
Fraternity/Sorority alumni: -
Wand: Phoenix Core, Yew 9 ½ inches. Flexible with exotic and delicate carvings along the length.
Totem: -
Patronus: Lion
Boggart: Werewolf
Apparition License:Yes.
Special possessions:
Special Abilities:Animagus- White Lion.
Pet/Familiars: A Black owl. With beady yellow eyes, Color is black as night and is invisible during night time.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair: black
Eyes: Green
Height: 6’2
Physical Description: He is a tall man with a highly Agile and flexible built. He is quick on his feet although has been able to use magic since a young age he prefers to do a lot of labor manually, making him highly athletic and fit.
Distinguishing Features: His Green Eyes are almost Catlike and stand out in dimly lit places.
Character Model: Alexis Pappas

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:
Focused: He has studied transfiguration since a young age and has a very focused mind that allows him to accomplish many things that wizards his age cannot achieve.

Mysterious: No one can get him to talk about what he likes or Does. It can get almost suspicious to an extent.

Determined: He likes to set a path and walk it. No matter what.

Competitive: He likes to engage. And challenges everyone or even finds himself competing.

Loyal: To a fault. He may not attach himself to someone, but he never gives up on people, even if it doesn’t come through emotionally.

Observant: Likes to watch people and events rather than interfering unless absolutely Necessary.

Work Ethics: He likes to see anyone in his charge to work at their best. Even if they don’t believe in themselves he believes in them. It’s his belief that there is a great wizard in every student that comes in his charge. He likes to Focus on work and when in Salem, He is always professional. Rarely does he act casually in public. In Private is another matter.

History:Born and raised in England Sean was always a closed off kid and was raised in with a muggle father and a muggle born witch his mother. He was raised in a very Muggle home, and although it was no surprise when he showed his magical abilities, but his father was nonetheless a little taken aback by what he had done to the dog. It was from then onwards that his mother had taught him how to control his abilities although failing till he was ready for school. He had been 11 during the war, and to this day remembers the days he spent in hiding, when he had first received his letter to hogwarts his mother had not sent him as it had been at the peak of Voldemort's power for the second time when he controlled Hogwarts. He had joined Hogwarts a Year later, like many other students who had repeated or arrived for the first time in hogwarts but a year later. He had kept his head down and was always fairly well tempered and even minded. Whenever his incidents occurred they were almost always transformations of one sort or the other. Water turning in to juice or a wooden horse suddenly started running. That was until his first year at hogwarts when he was finally taught how control his Magic, it was safe to say Transfiguration intrigued him. From his very first year in Hogwarts he took an interest in transfiguration and was gifted at it. Through his school years he worked with some of the more difficult spells with ease leaving all his friends in awe.

Although his peaked interest in one subject came at a loss for others his supplementary subjects as he called them, were almost always passed with a A or E. He only managed to drift in those. The academic path in front of him seemed somewhat gloomy as he had only received Os in Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Charms. On suggestion from his favorite teacher he decided to take advanced transfiguration lessons even after leaving the school, but had to move to USA, simply to pursue a career in teaching at Salem. He was although not very great at over all academics. He was good with the girls in school or out of it. His knowledge of both muggles and wizards allowed him to blend into any environment easily. His career in Salem has not been very long but he is happy to be teaching finally. Although his aim is only to teach and remain professional his more than wild personality does tend to come out from time to time.

In his spare time he is often found working on very different kind of projects that were rare to see for example making objects that were both charmed and able to transform into something else on touch. He has no intention of becoming an inventor but enjoys tinkering with things as much as he can.

Academic History: He was born in England and was sent to Hogwarts like an Average wizarding family. He was a good student and from a young age his first encounters with magic were also of the transformation nature He had transformed a dog running after him into a statue of one. Since then there was an interest he had developed with that line of magic. As such his Academics were more focused on Charms and Transfiguration. His interest with Dark arts and dueling was merely due to his competitive nature.

OWLs: Charms O, Transfiguration O, Herbology E, DADA o, Potions E, Divination E, History of Magic E,
NEWTs: HoM E, DADA O, Charms O, Transfiguration O, Herbology E, Potions E

Family:
Amelia Galvin: Muggle Born witch, works in the Ministry Britain.
Jonathan Galvin: Muggle, runs a small business in UK

Connections:

Dislikes: Rudeness, Ignorance, proud people.
Fears & Phobias: Getting stuck in his animagus form.
Worst Memory(ies): turning his cat into a mechanical thing.
Best Memory(ies): When he was first praised for his skills in 7th year.
Favorite Animal(s):
O/O's: Same as Player.

*just going to put it in here, see if anyone notices anything I have missed out.*

Ember Star

I noticed a couple of things here.

First: "It was from then onwards that his mother had taught him how to control his abilities till he was ready for school." Children under 11 usually have no control over their abilities whether anyone tries to teach them or not, they're stick almost always random bursts triggered by emotion or danger. That said, there are rare exceptions where a child can focus hard enough to make something specific happen. Also, if his mother had instead taught him to control his emotions, then that in turn would have helped control his magical outbursts, at least in preventing them. All in all, it's a bit of a gray area. But I thought I'd point it out nonetheless.

Second: there is already a wolf patronus. However, it isn't a "white' wolf, so you may still be ok. I'm not sure of BP's exact policy on different breeds of the same type of animal.

Actually, make that three things. He would have been 11 during the 1997-1998 school year (when Snape and Voldemort took control of the school). He might not had gone that year. Certainly his mother being a muggle born would have been in hiding or else under heavy hatred. At the time, they were rounding up muggle burns and either killing them or taking them to court and taking their wands. A child of a muggle born and a muggle wouldn't have been very safe at Hogwarts.

Though, I'm just the helper.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ember Star on September 04, 2014, 09:19:19 AM
I noticed a couple of things here.

First: "It was from then onwards that his mother had taught him how to control his abilities till he was ready for school." Children under 11 usually have no control over their abilities whether anyone tries to teach them or not, they're stick almost always random bursts triggered by emotion or danger. That said, there are rare exceptions where a child can focus hard enough to make something specific happen. Also, if his mother had instead taught him to control his emotions, then that in turn would have helped control his magical outbursts, at least in preventing them. All in all, it's a bit of a gray area. But I thought I'd point it out nonetheless.

Second: there is already a wolf patronus. However, it isn't a "white' wolf, so you may still be ok. I'm not sure of BP's exact policy on different breeds of the same type of animal.

Actually, make that three things. He would have been 11 during the 1997-1998 school year (when Snape and Voldemort took control of the school). He might not had gone that year. Certainly his mother being a muggle born would have been in hiding or else under heavy hatred. At the time, they were rounding up muggle burns and either killing them or taking them to court and taking their wands. A child of a muggle born and a muggle wouldn't have been very safe at Hogwarts.

Though, I'm just the helper.

The patronus will definitely have to be changed. Remember a patronus has no color, so they all look the same, so unless one can easily differentiate between sub-species of wolves (Thom has a grey wolf patronus, and Black Howling requested a wolf as well, so I suggested he make his a dire wolf so they're easily told apart), it's unlikely you can go with that.

And as for a tutor for his abilities... I would say that if his mother lived in the magical world more than the muggle they could have hired someone to try to work with him, but honestly that tutor would only have been able to help him learn to cope a little better with the things that caused the flare ups in his magic and likely would have just spent most of their time cleaning up after him and making sure he didn't do anything that could seriously hurt him/those around him or alert muggles to himself.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

DarkAngel111

By tutoring him at home I meant mostly that he was told how to control the bursts of magic from happening all together. That was all. he wasn't taught to specifically do anything.

I wasn't sure about the Hogwarts incident. That was one of the major areas that had me confused, anyway, I will put a note in there that he finished school a year later than usual and add the hiding part in the history.

As for the Patronus, I thought I could use it since the other claim said *grey* wolf haha, But I will change It a I am looking for a Animagus Creature he turns into as well,

Ember Star

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on September 04, 2014, 09:46:24 AM
By tutoring him at home I meant mostly that he was told how to control the bursts of magic from happening all together. That was all. he wasn't taught to specifically do anything.

I wasn't sure about the Hogwarts incident. That was one of the major areas that had me confused, anyway, I will put a note in there that he finished school a year later than usual and add the hiding part in the history.

As for the Patronus, I thought I could use it since the other claim said *grey* wolf haha, But I will change It a I am looking for a Animagus Creature he turns into as well,

Again, children under 11 have no control over the outbursts. The best they can do is try to control their emotions ans fears since that's what usually triggers them. Very rarely can focus control enough for something, Lily Evans could. But it's very rare ans not exact.

As for the timeline.

Spring 1996: Battle at the Ministry, everyone knows Voldemort is alive.

Spring 1997: Dumbledore killed

Summer 1997: Snape named Headmaster followed by the MoM falling under Voldemort's control (the two events were a few months apart).

Spring 1998: the battle at Hogwarts and Voldemort's defeat.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Only thing I see missing is his boggart

Also, I still think his wand is a little short for his personality and height, and magic for that matter. Transfiguration is a very fleshy sort of magic. (Not to mention the same combination as Voldemort's.) But that's just me being a little more obsessed with wandlore than I should be.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ember Star on September 04, 2014, 10:39:01 AM
Only thing I see missing is his boggart

Also, I still think his wand is a little short for his personality and height, and magic for that matter. Transfiguration is a very fleshy sort of magic. (Not to mention the same combination as Voldemort's.) But that's just me being a little more obsessed with wandlore than I should be.

I'm not really worried about what wands people chose for their characters. Wandlore is very intuitive so what you think on the service might not work may actually be perfect for the character.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Ember Star

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 04, 2014, 10:49:17 AM
I'm not really worried about what wands people chose for their characters. Wandlore is very intuitive so what you think on the service might not work may actually be perfect for the character.
I know ^_^ I'm actually not overally strict about it either. Actually, I tend to go a step further than most people with allotting for duel cores and a rare staff.

I just got really obsessed over it for a long time because my favorite and oldest character (literally, the first character I ever made for any rp) is the daughter of a wand maker.

Mtpersson

I've been working on a sheet. Just have the history section to do and some general tidying up so I should have it done early tomorrow for checking :-)

Edit: Sent

Josietta

*snogs her sisterkittenwifey*

Tina!!!!!!!!!  I'm bringing Colette over! You moving your girl over here too?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on September 05, 2014, 09:48:09 AM
*snogs her sisterkittenwifey*

Tina!!!!!!!!!  I'm bringing Colette over! You moving your girl over here too?

*snogs and snuggles her sisterwifeykitten*

Josietta

I need to get my sheets done V.V

I'mma get on YIM to discuss Colette with you wifey.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on September 05, 2014, 09:49:57 AM
I need to get my sheets done V.V

I'mma get on YIM to discuss Colette with you wifey.

Okays!

And don't worry about your sheets if you're still sick, hun.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bloodied Porcelain

Josietta

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 06, 2014, 10:10:18 AM
DOOO EEEET!

Almost done!! I've worked on it all day but I've got the history to write then she's all finished.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!