Hogwarts; A Future House: Year Two, Now Recruiting! Last Chance!

Started by Aiden, March 03, 2014, 12:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Quote from: Kokaine on March 05, 2014, 03:09:46 PM
Alright, so I will be bringing back my original character, Oliver Olivier III.

He's very friendly so I'm very much open to the incoming first years possibly having a past with Ollie back when he was in JWA if anyone wants. He was rather short and slim back then and didn't know anything about girls (he didn't have his first girlfriend until this past year). He probably seemed like the very picture of a Hufflepuff or possibly a Gryffindor but to his surprise he was sorted into Ravenclaw...

His sheet is HERE.

I was on tumblr...and I found this. Your guy and my JWA girlie. :P

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

apygoos

AmberStarfire

*Edits* Does anyone know how I should go about creating a wand?

CurvyKitten

Quote from: AmberStarfire on March 05, 2014, 10:36:19 PM
*Edits* Does anyone know how I should go about creating a wand?

Here is the page with all the wand info, you can read over the different components and see what best suits your character. :)
Click me!

AmberStarfire

Aiden

It's only been 4 days....and it is not even the weekend yet....-braces himself-

Caela

Quote from: Aiden on March 06, 2014, 05:26:28 PM

lol...You'll be fine!

AmberStarfire

Keldia

Oh, you love it! =D

Seriously though, good luck! If I could send extra free time in a box, I would!
Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

King Serperior

*Gives Aiden a fake wand*

There, there, it could be worse.  No one could have applied, rather than what you are expecting.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

AribethAmkiir

Thank you.  You've been very responsive and it is greatly appreciated.

I would send you some "free time" also if I could.

AmberStarfire

Maybe I can actually give the gift of free time. If you need to take some time away from stories to focus on HAF, I understand.

I'm surprised how much you've managed to get through in the last few days, judging by the approved sheets.

Viper

Okay, So I have a question, I have built a character from a previous roleplay between me and my sister in law (we love harry potter!) and I was wondering if y'all would be interested in it. I have a hankering of strange characters so please let me know if this would apply.

Okay, so Terra is half centaur and half witch. Her mother obviously being the human one, she was born looking human. Her mother only lived, just barely to have Terra, and ever since then a mother of a centaur tribe raised Terra.

Now, I would love to have this as a cool bridge between the magical creatures of the forbidden forest and Hogwarts. Since not all the creatures in there are dark I would like to see if any of the GM's here would be interested in that. Terra can do magic, especially hand magic as she does have Centaur magic in her, but she had never wielded and wand and it is very difficult for her to learn wand magic. But she has wanted to go to Hogwarts since she was a girl. Ive always loved writing her and I have so much more background and explanation on her character. But its just a thought and I would like to discuss either here or PM with any admin that has an opinion or reply to this sort of character.

Thank you,

Karia, AKA, Viper

Aiden

Viper

Poetic Fury

Interested!! I've been looking and waiting for the game to open to new players!  But I haven't done a group game on E before.  It looks a little confusing to me.  :-\  Any tips?

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body.
Find my soul and I'm yours forever."
-Anonymous

Keldia

Hey there Sanguine! I'm in the same boat - I've never done a group roleplay on Elliquiy before and it's been over five years since I've actually been a part of one! What has helped me with seeing how things work is to just jump into a thread and start reading (JWA has great ones to stalk since they usually require less context than the HAF ones)! Not only do you get to learn about all the great characters out there but also the style and general tagging process, which can be confusing at first! That and go ahead and ask the vets any questions you might have!

Just my two cents. =P
Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

AmberStarfire

I can identify as well. I was on Elliquiy (though not really present) for 4 years before I started writing and I've only been in 1 group game before where I've got to a writing stage, so I'm not really an expert on group games on E either.

I think it really helps that this group has its own sub-forum as threads won't be scattered, as they can be with group games that don't. Just easier to find things in general without needing to bookmark threads. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and say I haven't played in many group games before on here either.

Niferbelle

Quote from: Sanguine Obsession on March 07, 2014, 10:01:10 AM
Interested!! I've been looking and waiting for the game to open to new players!  But I haven't done a group game on E before.  It looks a little confusing to me.  :-\  Any tips?

Welcome! My biggest advice is to just tackle it one thing at a time, read what you need to in order to create a character and branch out from there. Most importantly, do not hesitate to ask questions, either in one of the threads or via PM to Aiden. There really is a good group people here who are always willing to help you out so your best bet is to take advantage of that ;)

Amelita

Never be afraid to ask questions! ^^ We're a friendly bunch, really :)

Being present in the ooc threads helps you get into the social aspect of it, I highly recommend it since good ooc is vital for making connections and personal plots :)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Poetic Fury

Thanks y'all!!  Always intimidating to join a game in progress!

I'll draft up a concept and start from there.  Let's see where that takes me!

-Anonymous

apygoos

Quote from: Sanguine Obsession on March 07, 2014, 10:21:46 AM
Thanks y'all!!  Always intimidating to join a game in progress!

I'll draft up a concept and start from there.  Let's see where that takes me!
this is far more than just a game. its its own entity and community within E full of amazing writers that a re simply great at crafting all kinds of adventures and stories. :) You're looking to become a part of something truly fantastic.

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Poetic Fury

My goodness!!! It is difficult to find a character model that has not been claimed! 

But I think I did!  So much easier to base a description off an existing image than trying to find someone to fit what was in my mind (luckily she's exactly what I wanted!)

-Anonymous