Re: Corruption: How Far Will You Go? - Recruiting for show 4 reopened.

Started by Chrystal, July 07, 2013, 03:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on July 28, 2013, 01:25:11 PM
*shrug* not important. You fixed it, the character is approved and we are waiting for three more...
It was probably because I copied directly with Opera Mini. I have it on single column view which screws where things are suppose to be
Quote from: example*shrug* not important. You fixed
it, the character is approved and
we are waiting for three more...
I really need to stop using the browser here. It's just so fast and easy. LOL. My own fault for not double checking if it did that.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

My phone does that. I try not to post using my phone!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on July 28, 2013, 01:32:03 PM
My phone does that. I try not to post using my phone!
I don't have any way except my phone to post. But it's fine and doesn't do that if I use my stock browser or Dolphin. Opera Mini just does things weird and is kinda dumbed down.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Mysterica

By the way, just as a side note Ember, I have to say Melissa is HOT!

Ember Star

Quote from: Mysterica on July 28, 2013, 04:03:14 PM
By the way, just as a side note Ember, I have to say Melissa is HOT!
Hahaha, thanks! Took me awhile to find a model with colored hair and tattoos I liked. I think that's Venom Suicide of the Suicide Girls

Chrystal

Oh My Goddess! Those girls are HOT!

I think I'm in love!

Yes that is Venom.

You don't want to include her other tats? (Actually I think they are inked on rather than actual tattoos, because they seem to change too much).

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

Quote from: Chrystal on July 28, 2013, 04:32:32 PM
Oh My Goddess! Those girls are HOT!

I think I'm in love!

Yes that is Venom.

You don't want to include her other tats? (Actually I think they are inked on rather than actual tattoos, because they seem to change too much).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of her stuff is henna because when I looked for more pictures of her I found a bunch of different things, some of them covering her whole arms. I really just want the one tattoo for my girl. I was going to have more than one to begin with, but when I found those photos I decided I just wanted that one.

HannibalBarca

Count me as interested and creating a character.  I haven't really had an opportunity yet to write some truly extreme situations here at E, and I'm up to the challenge.  I'll have to pull my ever-fun-to-write recurring character Cammi Moran into this sideshow of debauchery and see just how far I can push her...I've been devoid of chances to write her for months...
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Chrystal

Quote from: HannibalBarca on July 31, 2013, 09:16:37 AM
Count me as interested and creating a character.  I haven't really had an opportunity yet to write some truly extreme situations here at E, and I'm up to the challenge.  I'll have to pull my ever-fun-to-write recurring character Cammi Moran into this sideshow of debauchery and see just how far I can push her...I've been devoid of chances to write her for months...

Just so long as she is an ordinary "private citizen".

If your character is in any way a celebrity, I will ask you to wait for the celebrity special (which will happen when I have sufficient celebrities, and when Autumn and I feel like starting it....

PhantomPistoleer

Player Name: Phantom Pistoleer

Contestant's name:  Theodore Spout

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Job: Doctoral Student, Teacher Adjunct at Yale School of Economics
Nationality: United States of America

Height: 5'4
Weight: 140 lbs.
Stats: A shocking 11"!
Natural hair colour: Sandy Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Distinguishing marks: Slight scoliosis, abnormal gait
Body hair:  Armpit/Groin, tussled

Close Friend or relative:  Frederica Gomez

Dislikes: Comic book movies, Harvard, Stocks and Exchanges Commission, Bernake, the Economist Magazine

Personality:  Teddy is a gangly, socially awkward nerd, found in the deep caverns of Yale's monstrous libraries.  He is studious, optimistic, kind, but very lonely.  He doesn't have any friends, and he has never had a girlfriend.  He fears that people do not like him, and is very self conscious.  He is desperately in love with his research assistant, Frederica Gomez.  Overall, he's very nervous.

Reason to be here:  The woman of his dreams loves the show.  Teddy believes that if he can win 'Corruption,' Frederica will fall in love with him.  However, a small part of him wants to show the world, in a big way, that he isn't afraid of anything anymore.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Pipaluk

I didn't see a restriction anywhere in the main posts, but I just wanted to make crystal clear, can a female player play a male character?

HannibalBarca

Not sure, but I think it's okay, at least out of balance...Blinken and Jezabelle are lords playing females, and I plan to play one too.  Nothing like swapping genders to stretch the writing skills!

Oh, yes...Chrystal, Cammi is the historian for her quaint little seaside bed-and-breakfast Oregon town...not that she's prim and shy.  I'll post my character next for your perusal!
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Chrystal

Quote from: Pipaluk on July 31, 2013, 01:35:09 PM
I didn't see a restriction anywhere in the main posts, but I just wanted to make crystal clear, can a female player play a male character?

Anyone can play any gender. The only restriction is on mixed gender characters. If anyone wishes to play a pre-op transgender, I will need a good justification for the character wanting to appear on the show.

Quote from: HannibalBarca on July 31, 2013, 02:30:06 PM
Not sure, but I think it's okay, at least out of balance...Blinken and Jezabelle are lords playing females, and I plan to play one too.  Nothing like swapping genders to stretch the writing skills!

Exactly.

QuoteOh, yes...Chrystal, Cammi is the historian for her quaint little seaside bed-and-breakfast Oregon town...not that she's prim and shy.  I'll post my character next for your perusal!

Looking forward to it.

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 31, 2013, 01:02:00 PM
Player Name: Phantom Pistoleer

Contestant's name:  Theodore Spout

Love the character. And I especially love his reason for being on the show...

Please join the others in the "Green Room"

Pipaluk

Player Name: Pipaluk

Contestant's name: Trenton "Trent" Steele

Sexuality: Straight
Job: Sgt. in the US Marine Corps.
Nationality: United States

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 170lbs
Stats: 7"
Natural hair colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel
Distinguishing marks: Two small bullet wound scars on his right shoulder, a knife wound scar on the outside of his left thigh. No tattoos.
Body hair: Shaven smooth besides natural armpits and trimmed groin.

Close Friend or relative: Ivan O'Conner, fellow squad member.

Likes: Explosives, His Dog, A good baseball game, A good challenge, and skydiving
Dislikes: Easy women, enemies of the United States, celebrities, mustered, and metrosexual men.

Personality: Trent is a high intensity, high energy thrill seeker. He is a born competitor, always determined to outdo anyone around him. He's a man who will never back down, despite the odds stacked against him. He isn't fazed by much, and often comes across as a bit over the top. He doesn't hide his feelings and isn't always politically correct. He isn't shy about voicing his opinions of other people in front of them. He sometimes comes across as a bit of a jerk in that regards, but those who know him know that he is just being Trent, a brutally honest guy who can't hide his opinions. He's a rebel, and has often been threatened with court-martials. He is extremely loyal to his friends and to his country and good at what he does, so his commanding officer always has his back and he never actually gets a court-martial.

Reason to be here: Let's be honest, Trent wants money. He doesn't get paid nearly enough for what he does. He's never been afraid to do anything in his life before, so he thinks being on the show is a good way to make some easy money.

HannibalBarca

Player Name:  HannibalBarca
Contestant's name:  Camelia Dierdre Moran (Cammi...she hates Camelia—she says it's a name for an eighty year-old woman who lives alone with her thirty cats—only her grandfathers can call her by it without pissing her off...much...and don't even start about her middle name...)
Sexuality:  Bisexual
Job:  Town Historian
Nationality:  USA
Height:  5' (1.52m)
Weight:  98lbs (44.5kg)
Stats:  32A-24-34
Natural hair colour:  Dark Brown (Or 'old penny copper', as she likes to put it)
Eye Colour:  Brown ("If you look up close, you can see flecks of...umber...and, um...sienna...not gonna work, is it?")
Distinguishing marks:  Cammi has no piercings, not feeling, in her words, like “...co-opting another culture's rituals or rites of passage for shits and giggles or looking like someone I'm not for everyone else.”  Cammi has a birthmark on her right triceps the shape of a long arrowhead, and a small scar on the front of her lower left leg, the result of hot oil splashing on it when a lawnmower she was using on her mother’s yard “…blew up.  How was I to know it had to be serviced every once in a few years?”
Body hair:  Shaved armpits, legs, and groin trimmed and shaved down to a neat little rectangle
Close Friend or relative:  Kari Moran-Cleeves, her older sister, who she helped clean up after being a drug addict and a prostitute, and now is a respectable soccer mom
Likes:  Black party dresses and heels, chocolate, having a cute butt, singing in public, really greasy food
Dislikes:  People who focus on her size, anti-intellectuals, having small breasts, not getting enough sex, really greasy food

Personality:  Cammi can most accurately be described as a nerd, although one without the severe social awkwardness, poor choice in clothes, and lack of personal hygiene.  She spent copious amounts of time with her face hidden behind books during her school years, but got more than enough socialization to earn her a handful of close friends in that time.  She accomplished this by being the livewire on campus, knowing everyone and, more importantly, what made them tick.  She is quite gregarious and friendly, and intensely, fiercely loyal to those she cares about.  What is always readily apparent as well is her powerful, even forceful personality.  As a result of being the youngest grandchild in an extended family (both sides) with seventeen aunts and uncles, too many cousins to count, and a policy of ‘children are seen and not heard’, Cammi was never babied and always had to push her way into her older relatives’ conversations and attentions.  This left her, by the age of seven, as a full-blown extrovert.  At the same time, she found a love of reading and learning, which made for a strange and often quirky combination of reflective and wordy, sharp wit and sharper tongue.  Cammi doesn’t back down often, and even when she is wrong it is hard to pry an apology from her lips unless blunt facts are used to prove it to her.  That isn’t to say she doesn’t know she’s wrong, she just chooses who to share that rare bit of information with.  At most times she can seem a hard egg to crack, and means to be so, keeping up the smooth, wisecracking, uberintelligent exterior that hides a softer, cuddly interior she rarely shows to anyone, and, to her, for good reason.

If Cammi lacks in anything, it is her fiery temper when aroused, her talkativeness, and her ability to switch from a silent, book-reading scholar with a laserlike focus, to a singing or dancing center of attention, ready to bring everyone else out of their shells, flying from one attraction to another with boundless energy.  It isn't quite a personality disorder, but it can be jarring to those not used to her personality.

Cammi has an amazing aptitude for memorizing details about history and, to a lesser extent, science (which she calls her guilty pleasure, as she hasn’t the mathematical know-how to master the really deep stuff she loves the most, like quantum physics…see?  Nerd.)  She tends to put everything in her life into historical perspective, often forcing things along the way to fit (“There!  Just like King Alfred when he was hiding out from the Vikings?  Don’t you get it?  I burned the pancakes, just like he burned the goodwife’s cakes!”)  On these occasions she reveals a much softer side of her personality, one that rarely appeared during her difficult childhood, a softer side that was only allowed to grow during college.

Cammi is petite to the point of appearing elfin--at barely five feet tall and only ninety-eight pounds, her youthful appearance belies her much more mature behavior.  Years of gymnastics have honed her body's muscles, giving her a supple, athletic loveliness to her curves.  However, despite her graceful, vivacious body, she doesn't consider herself anywhere near attractive, other than her well-exercised, tight little ass.  She knows her size--she lives it 24-7, after all--and anyone who calls her 'petite' for the 21,873rd time will get at least an eye roll, and more likely a razor-sharp retort on their own appearance.  Besides, she knows the two kinds of men and women she tends to attract: for women, it's either the big sister types who want to party and drink and show her off to all of her friends and family like some kind of adorable little sidekick, or the 'motherly' types who want to tuck her in and keep her--grr--safe from the big, bad world...for men, it's either the big, tall guys who love a short woman with an attitude twice their size, or the 'fatherly' types who can't get enough of her--squick--young looks.  No surprise she prefers quiet women and the aforementioned big guys...she likes the complimentary styles of their personalities and physicality with her own.  Plus, she really likes swiping another tall guy from the tall girls who just piss her off, always moaning about not being able to find a guy their size...

Actually, for someone as extroverted as she is, she's had frustratingly little sex--one girlfriend in college, another a year later, and two guys in between who lasted only a month each before they were exhausted from trying to keep up with her energy, intellect, and libido.  She's known of sex and fetishes beyond the vanilla sort, and is willing to experiment gradually, but hasn't even had the chance to test her toes in the water.

Reason to be here:  Cammi is an extrovert in the extreme, regardless of her moments of locking herself in her apartment and reading, writing, or being on the internet for an entire weekend.  However, the life of a town historian involves nothing more exciting than building dioramas for display in the town library,  nothing more intense than slowly cleaning and archiving old 19th century letters of town founding fathers, and nothing more outgoing than designing and presenting brochures for the town's fishing festival to the city council once a year.  She sings at an Irish Pub weekends for a little money, and at a couple of favorite coffee shops as often as she can during the week, but she is a phoenix trapped in a chicken's shell, living a life of quiet desperation. 

She isn't a watcher of TV, other than illegally downloading the latest season of Game Of Thrones or episodes of Mythbusters and Antiques Roadshow, so she isn't that into listening to other people's descriptions of game shows...until she was told by her rather prim co-worker Donna about a game show called Corruption that was “...to put it nicely,” Donna had said, “a little too outgoing for me.”  The gist of the show she gained from the uptight woman was that it was similar to 'that awful Japanese trash where people do disgusting things, worse than Fear Factor was', and Cammi knew enough about that show to think that this was something she could sink her teeth into and come out feeling good about herself.  Too busy to bother with looking it up online, she applied and was delighted to find herself accepted as a contestant.  She really is quite ignorant of the background of the game, and it remains to be seen if her outgoing, take-no-shit, vanity-lacking personality can get her through the show.  She has no idea of just how far the show she's getting into can--and will--go.
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Chrystal

@ Pipaluk

I'm a little bit concerned about him being "Special Forces". I have no trouble with him being regular military, but Special Forces troops generally have special clearance to be in the unit they are in. If he were to loose his clearance - which he almost certainly would by being on this show, he would probably loose his job!

If you can puthim in the marines or the airborne - an elite unit that isn't actually spec-ops, I would prefer it.

@ Hannibal

Um... Okay, give me a day or two to read the character sheet........ *eyerolls then winks*

um, yeah. To be honest, I don't care. You're in! The whole purpose of asking people to write two hundred words in the personality and reason to be there is to see if they can.

Character is approved, in spite of you removing my carefully placed blank lines! *growls playfully*

Please wait in the Green room while I see if we are going to start episode 3 with four players or more.

Pipaluk

Chrystal

Quote from: Pipaluk on July 31, 2013, 03:54:32 PM
Sure thing. Consider it done.

Let me know when you've made the edit and I'll see about approving the character.

@ Hannibal

By the way, I don't know if you've seen Loretta's stats, but she is actually one inch shorter than Cammi.

Pipaluk

Chrystal

Thanks.

I have approved the character. Please join the others in the "Green room" OOC thread.

HannibalBarca

By the way, I don't know if you've seen Loretta's stats, but she is actually one inch shorter than Cammi.

Yeah, Cammi will probably think they're two of a kind--for about ten minutes.  Attitude, yes.  Power and authority, not so much.
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Chrystal

Episode 3 recruitment is now closed.

We are now recruiting for show number 4.

AurelieCatena

Maybe episode 4 could be the one where celebrities are involved? We already have two, I believe?

Chrystal

Actually, no, I only have one so far, with the offer of another....

I was thinking of doing the celeb special as number 5, but I'll see what happens.

RedEve

Player Name: RedEve

Contestant's name: Stacy Vanderbilt

Sexuality: Straight
Job: Hooters waitress
Nationality: Originally from Russia, now a US citizen

Height: 5’9
Weight: 164 lbs
Stats: 34C-24-34
Natural hair colour: Dirty blonde
Eye Colour: green
Distinguishing marks: Pear shaped birth mark on left butt cheek, small scar on her lower right arm
Body hair: She is bare (not a hair down there or in her armpits)

Close Friend or relative: Robert Vanderbilt, her ex-husband with whom she is still friendly

Likes: Fancy things (clothes, cars, jewelry), the sunshine, partying, hot sex, muscular men
Dislikes: Rude people, jealous women, people who mock her foreign background, bad body odors, snakes

Personality: Stacy (real name Anastasia) came to the US on a student VISA. She had no desire to further her education stateside though. The plan was to latch onto a man quickly, get married and earn her citizenship. She met her husband at the Hooters where she got her first stateside job. Robert was the floor manager there and to her surprise, their relationship lasted beyond the point where she had a need for him. Even though he was nearly 15 years older than her and not her type physically, he treated her like a princess and for a while their marriage actually worked. Eventually though her longing for physically more attractive men lead to her having several affairs and Robert was eventually humiliated enough to demand a divorce. Even though they have split up, they are still in touch and friendly. Without her ex-husbands financial support, her standard of living has taken a bit of a knock post-divorce.
Reason to be here: Not wanting to be wiping tables and having guys stare at her tits and ass well into her thirties, Stacy sees the show as way to gain her financial independence.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list