{Fashion Affairs}-LGBTQA friendly/Modern day/Story focused [Info in first post!]

Started by MaverickKane, October 23, 2015, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfling72

Quote from: Nicholas on November 06, 2015, 11:16:00 AM
No rush. :-)

I like the male/female thing quite a bit. ~nodnod~ It adds the diversity I love so very much and it will go well with Adrian Wrights designs. Very gender-unspecific and whatnot!

I prefer androgynous characters when they work within a given story line. (I only have TWO, darn it...) and because of the caliber of writers and the level of story telling within FA? I did not want to have her fit a preconceived mold over much. Can't make connections as easily that way.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Nico

Quote from: Wolfling72 on November 06, 2015, 11:18:47 AM
I prefer androgynous characters when they work within a given story line. (I only have TWO, darn it...) and because of the caliber of writers and the level of story telling within FA? I did not want to have her fit a preconceived mold over much. Can't make connections as easily that way.
I can't blame you and I agree with your point. That's another reason why we left a lot of things out on the character sheets (like the sexy part). It's no fun, imo, to decide it all right from the scratch. I am still figuring out my model. ~laughs~

And - thank you for the compliment! I am still utterly amazed by the quality we have!

MaverickKane

Hey Wolfling,

Love the character concept. Get your CS to us. I already have some ideas regarding this aspect where you want her to get in to the business side of things. One of my characters is Alejandro's manager. She could easily be a model/pa/intern if that goes with what you have planned. We can figure it all out.

Wolfling72

Quote from: MaverickKane on November 06, 2015, 04:40:41 PM
Hey Wolfling,

Love the character concept. Get your CS to us. I already have some ideas regarding this aspect where you want her to get in to the business side of things. One of my characters is Alejandro's manager. She could easily be a model/pa/intern if that goes with what you have planned. We can figure it all out.

Just sent her along...let me know if she works as is...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Nico

mia h

I do have a couple of semi-formed ideas that *might* work. Any preference between a photographer, who was a model but knew her career had plateaued and took a sideways step before she went passed her sell by date. Or a model who did have a promising career as an athlete\dancer type ahead of them but had a career ending injury and had to find something else to do with her life.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Nico

Quote from: mia h on November 07, 2015, 10:58:36 AM
I do have a couple of semi-formed ideas that *might* work. Any preference between a photographer, who was a model but knew her career had plateaued and took a sideways step before she went passed her sell by date. Or a model who did have a promising career as an athlete\dancer type ahead of them but had a career ending injury and had to find something else to do with her life.
A photographer sounds good. ~nods~ Someone else had an idea for one (if you look up the posts some) BUT - worst case scenario is that we end up with two, and this is certainly not a bad thing. :-)

Go ahead and make a character sheet. We want to get to know the character some, after all. You can find the template here.

Nico

Recruitment is closed at this time!

Though, if you have a particularly good idea and we like it - we might make an exception. ;) Get in touch and we'll see!

MaverickKane

We have decided to re-open recruitment. We are currently looking for one new writer.

Please make sure you read the first post of the thread before replying here. Thank you! :-)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Nico

We have closed recruitment for the time being.

But - as always - if you really want to join and hit us with a really good concept, and if we think that you would fit into the group, we might make an exception. Just send us (MaverickKane & Nicholas) a PM or post in this thread and we can talk about it! ;D

Character types already in play

• One male model
  • One female model
  • Three designers
  • One model manager
  • One bodyguard
  • One paparazzo/journalist
  • One socialite/artist
  • One makeup artist/hair stylist
  • One personal assistant
  • One fashion magazine intern
  • One magazine editor
  • One photographer (Studio Owner)
  • One Personal Trainer (Gym Owner)
  • One Model Agency Owner - in the works.

Open positions (just a small selection)

• Photographers
  • Makeup Artists
  • Stylists - Clothes
  • Personal Assistants
  • Bloggers
  • Magazine / news paper editor/director

Etherealgirl

This look very interesting, but slightly intimidating.  :o

But, maybe playing a photographer will be fun. Thinking maybe a young and inspiring photographer. Maybe extremely eclectic in her style and personality.

MaverickKane

Quote from: Etherealgirl on December 04, 2015, 12:54:50 PM
This look very interesting, but slightly intimidating.  :o

But, maybe playing a photographer will be fun. Thinking maybe a young and inspiring photographer. Maybe extremely eclectic in her style and personality.

If you don't mind, can you tell us what you find intimidating? We seem to get this now and then and aren't sure exactly what it is? It might help us and then we can help you by taking away the intimidation?

Etherealgirl

It's not so much about the players, its how well everything is organized and streamlined. It can be daunting at first with all the thought that went into it, and how much detail. It can feel a little overwhelming at first, but I have been reading over the material supplied in the links. It does look like a lot of fun.

MaverickKane

Well, I am sorry that you feel that way, but keeping things well thought out from the start helps to keep things running smoothly in the end. We understand there is a lot of information and that is fine. Interested parties may take their time. There is no rush and of course we are always here to answer questions as well as PM.

Nico

Yep! It's essential to keep things organized and somewhat structured. In the end, it makes it easier and pleasant for everyone involved - especially in a sandbox styled group. :-) Giving our writers as much freedom as we do, requires at least a certain kind of organization or else it all ends up in a big mess and that's usually the point when writers lose interest, understandably so. I can see how this can seem intimidating to a point, and the fact that we have quite exquisite (and so very awesome) writers probably doesn't help! ;D

Nico

Note:

Having done some edits to the first post. Added some character information.

Nico

Current ratio

Gender/sex:
Cis-Male: 11
Cis-Female: 6
Transgender: FtM 1, MtF 1
Agender: 1

Orientation:
Homosexual: 5
Bisexual: 6
Pansexual: 2
Androsexual: 1
Unknown: 2
Heterosexual: 3
Asexual: 1

MaverickKane

We have decided to open recruitment up once more, in search of someone who might be interested in playing a professional photographer.

Not a student, not an  amateur, not a hobbyist. A professional fashion photographer who would work with models/designers their managers/agents alike.

Gender and sexual orientation is irrelevant. Can be any gender or orientation that you desire.

Please discuss ideas here and if you decide to pm make sure to add both Nicholas and myself because we make decisions together, thus it will be shared between us, anyway. Thank you.

Nico

~thumbs up~

Yep. A star photographer would be excellent!

I also edited the spoiler in the first post (the one for taken and available positions). I was thinking that we also have room for a representative of a Fashion House/brand.

MzNurse

Looking for a place to write that involves good plots and not all smut? You found us! Come give us a look!
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Wolfling72

Quote from: MzNurse on December 28, 2015, 08:09:10 AM
Looking for a place to write that involves good plots and not all smut? You found us! Come give us a look!

YES>>>

#FAMeansFABULOUS!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Nico

Nico

We want to wish all our amazing writers a...

Of course, the same goes to each interested person viewing this thread. Come join us - we have hilariously much fun in our little corner of fashionable craziness and always room for a new writer or two!

boyblue23

Nico

Quote from: boyblue23 on December 31, 2015, 08:23:31 PM
Is anyone in need of a personal assistant?
Hey you! ;D

Great to see you drop by!

I'll see what I can do, but if all else fails - there are so many other options. I'll toss you a PM and we talk. Happy New Year, by the way.