Darkest Dungeon [Interest Check: 14.08. - 22.08.]

Started by Gamble Gold, August 14, 2016, 10:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamble Gold

You will arrive along the old road. It winds with a troubling, serpent-like suggestion through the corrupted countryside. Leading only, I fear to ever more tenebrous places. There is a sickness in the ancient pitted cobbles of the old road and on its writhing path you will face viciousness, violence, and perhaps other damnably transcendent terrors. So steel yourself and remember: there can be no bravery without madness. The old road will take you to hell, but in that gaping abyss we will find our redemption.

Fame, wealth or the wish to be forgotten by the world - for one reason or another you have traveled far, to a gloomy place where madness and terror is said to reign. By coach or by foot you have made your way, faced perilous adventures and, after a fashion, bested those who attempted to make your path a shorter one. The worst, however, lies still before you and whatever you seek, you will pay a high price for it. Even death, though rarely far, does not come free in this forsaken place...

The story begins with the PC's arriving at the Hamlet where they soon get hired by the Heir to scout the surrounding lands and clean it from the creatures that have made it their home. And there's a lot to do!
But this is not just a dungeon crawl! Social aspect and character development as well as relationship between the characters will be the focus and you are encouraged to spend as much time in the Hamlet as you do exploring the gloomy lands. This, of all places, is your new home. At least for now...
Now, as this (most likely) will be a free form game, somewhat mature players are wanted. Darkest Dungeon is not a power fantasy, and while I don’t expect anyone to subject their character’s fate to unforgiving dice, or watch them being maimed, mutilated, killed or driven mad on a regular basis, the heroes’ struggle to stay alive and sane should be part of the story.

System: Freeform; with some GM moderation to progress the story and provide some surprises
Players: 3-6
Forum: NC Exotic; just in case

If you want to submit a character I'll need the following information:(please send them to me over PM!)
Name:
Orientation:
Reference Picture: I would ask you to use real pictures only
Class: [does not have to match the class’s sex as assigned by the game!]
Background: [short; about one paragraph. Obviously, I won't keep you from writing more]
Quirks (http://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Quirk) [max. 3 each, ever positive quirk requires a negative quirk and vice versa]
Positive:
Negative:
Kinks
Favorite Kinks:
No-go Kinks:

Blythe

This looks exceedingly cool. If a couple more people show interest, I'd certainly whip up a character idea for this. I adore Darkest Dungeon!

yesiroleplay

This is interesting, particularly the psychological/stress aspects the party would have to deal with.  Only... is DD really a good venue for roleplay?  If play goes anything like the game, we will die.  We will all die, horribly.  And quickly.  Total party kills are the rule rather than the exception.

Gamble Gold

I guess I'll put this on hold for now. Sorry guys!