What plot/story line can you never find a partner for?

Started by backlash84, August 04, 2014, 06:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

I have this odd craving for a weird post apoc involving FNaF and your not run of the mill zombies that look like they walked off the set of Virus

Vergil Tanner

Oh, by SITHIS it is so damn hard to find a Femdom RP! And even more so if you happen to want that Femdom RP to also be a celebrity RP. It's an extremely small niche that is frustrating as hell to get an RP in. XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Beorning

I feel that in my case, it would be easier to ask "What plot *can* you find a partner for?"  ;D

I mean, it took me a looong time to find someone interested in my Stepford Wives stories... and variants of the plot, like "Stepford college students"? I still can't find partners for them. My other mind control plots? Forget it. My dystopian stories? Almost no takers. The one story I have about a young woman forced to live in a strict, Victorian-esque community? It's been years since I first posted it... still, no takers.

Even my vanilla stories don't sell. Neither the story about a princess dating a commoner, or about a nun falling in love...

Hrmf!

Neysha

Your dystopian storylines require brains and creativity. How dare you put such demands on writers like me! :p
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Vorian

How to put this ...

Anything with a character with nonbinary or variable sex and decent plot. Seems to either draw in people just looking for smut or just plain scare people off.  :-\
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

Xenolord

People to play in my strange, crazy, H-Game inspired RPs. Pretty Soldier Wars? One. Lightning Warrior Raidy? One-ish.

Also people willing to date a Super Villain with a mean-streak a mile long.

Anything that's a weird crossover.

Madoka Magica.

Just… just go to my search page. Pretty much everything there I have a hard time getting. >.<

Twisted Crow

Heh, at this point... I would say I crave a long romantic story about a superhero that drew his strength from his significant other,  and I'd bet my truck that I could not find an available partner for it.

Holidays + My "cheery mood" mang. ::)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Beorning on November 03, 2014, 02:14:20 PM
I feel that in my case, it would be easier to ask "What plot *can* you find a partner for?"  ;D

I mean, it took me a looong time to find someone interested in my Stepford Wives stories... and variants of the plot, like "Stepford college students"? I still can't find partners for them. My other mind control plots? Forget it. My dystopian stories? Almost no takers. The one story I have about a young woman forced to live in a strict, Victorian-esque community? It's been years since I first posted it... still, no takers.

Even my vanilla stories don't sell. Neither the story about a princess dating a commoner, or about a nun falling in love...

Hrmf!

I can't really say anything for your mind-control focused stories because I find mind-control to be inherently boring to rp for anything more than a few posts, as an over all theme I wouldn't be able to stick with it for long. That said... your Victorian-esque idea? I'd say part of your trouble finding someone is that you want to play the female. I know plenty of women (myself included) that would be happy to play a female character in that sort of story. I know your seeking thread says you'd be willing to consider playing the male, but no one wants to PM someone asking them to play something other than what they truly want to play, because it makes us feel as if the idea would be less appealing to you and thus you'd be less likely to stick with it.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Beorning

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on November 20, 2014, 10:39:01 AM
I can't really say anything for your mind-control focused stories because I find mind-control to be inherently boring to rp for anything more than a few posts, as an over all theme I wouldn't be able to stick with it for long.

Well, that's certainly a matter of preference. I love reading about characters being mind-controlled and I love RPing characters in that sort of situations. I wish I had more of that...

In a way it depends on how you define mind control. If you understand it as "a character turns into a living puppet and has their actions completely controlled", then yes, it is boring. If you treat as a sort of introspective story, when a character's thoughts are somehow influenced and changed... now that is interesting.

That said... your Victorian-esque idea? I'd say part of your trouble finding someone is that you want to play the female. I know plenty of women (myself included) that would be happy to play a female character in that sort of story. I know your seeking thread says you'd be willing to consider playing the male, but no one wants to PM someone asking them to play something other than what they truly want to play, because it makes us feel as if the idea would be less appealing to you and thus you'd be less likely to stick with it.

Oh, there are situations where I would really be happy with playing the men! Currently, I'm trying to find someone I could play with in a story when I'd get to play the mind-controller. Still, no success of yet...

But yeah, in that Victorian-esque story, I'd really like to play the woman. Although, if that story got combined with mind control... hey, I would be be happy RPing the man, too.

beautifulexhale

Pretty much all my prompts, haha. I'm joking. I've found a few partners, but they tend to either flake out or we just don't sync up well. I like to write a lot around my character changing gender or assuming the identity of the opposite gender, both which I think are tough sells. I get a lot of messages asking me to explain it in detail -- only to have the other party decide it's not for them. Having been a long time role-player and been on other forums, I wouldn't have figured I'd have such trouble on here getting someone that interested in it.

Oh well. I'll just keep trying to be as creative as possible. :)

Vorian

Quote from: beautifulexhale on November 29, 2014, 01:02:32 PM
Pretty much all my prompts, haha. I'm joking. I've found a few partners, but they tend to either flake out or we just don't sync up well. I like to write a lot around my character changing gender or assuming the identity of the opposite gender, both which I think are tough sells. I get a lot of messages asking me to explain it in detail -- only to have the other party decide it's not for them. Having been a long time role-player and been on other forums, I wouldn't have figured I'd have such trouble on here getting someone that interested in it.

Oh well. I'll just keep trying to be as creative as possible. :)

Yeah, the challenge I've found there is the people into that primarily or exclusively want to be the one changed. Combine that with matching interests in other areas, it's hard to find someone to partner or change the changed character. I'd give it a try but my preferences are almost the exact opposite of yours otherwise ...
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

NinjaNinja2013

Female villains for one thing. I don't need a female to play as a rapist (still like it though), but someone who isn't a damsel either. Could even be an anti-heroine who is redeem later on in the plot.

Mathim

I seem to overestimate the popularity of erotic graphic novels and the like, since nobody on here seems familiar enough with artists from World of Smudge or Superheroine Central to want to play out scenes from those stories or just using those characters.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).