Pathfinder Seeker thread, Pirate game

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, May 21, 2011, 11:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Pirates of Mama Qoca

Is a fantasy setting set upon the Spanish Main during the 17th Century.   During the age of piracy on the high seas.

The curse of the Inca's 'A goddess's wrath'

Character creation

Pathfinder System

Starting level - 1st Level  (Max Hit Points)

Abilities -  20 point buy

Allowable Races -  Human only  (Through nationality may differ. (Note Languages based on nationality)

Allowable Classes -  Barbarian (Breaker, Brutal Pugilist, Drunken Brute, Hurler, Invulnerable Rager, Superstitious), Fighter (Aldori Swordlord, Archer, Crossbowman/Pistol or Musket, Free Hand Fighter, Mobile Fighter, Savage Warrior, Two-Handed Fighter, Two-Weapon Warrior, Weapon Master), Rogue (Acrobat, Cutpurse, Poisoner, Rake, Scout, Sniper, Spy, Swashbuckler, Thug),  one slot for a Monk (a Capoeira martial art style as example that fits in the theme.   Also that style first started in the 17th Century of Brazil.  Drunken master, Monk of the Empty Hand, Monk of the Healing Hand, Weapon Adept, Zen Archer) and one slot for Alchemist only.  (Note this is a pirate game,  so skills in seamanship should be considered.)

Note on Weapons;  The additional simple range weapons of musket,  musket double barrel, pistol and pistol double barrel are allowed. They can be found here; http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons

Starting Money - Max

Magic -  Magic is rare in the world.   Through magical creatures do exist and artifacts. 

Open slots for 6 to 8 players.   

Laughing Hyena

If you wanna leave me behind I don't mind but i am here to sign up for adventure.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

Hmm so what kind of campaign are you running by the way Goddess? Good, neutral or evil?

PhantomPistoleer

A question:  how come rangers are not available?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Healergirl

I am very interested!

However, I am only ava1lable for Forum Post/PM post games at this time.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 21, 2011, 05:17:15 PM

Possibly due to magic but that could be handled with a kit or something that takes away the magic skills of the ranger.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Chronoclasm,  Laughing Hyena, PhantomPistoleer, Healergirl and Muse thank you all for your interest.   :-)

I have updated the allowable character classes.  First I have listed the kits that would fit for each of the classes.    Also I have open for one player to play a Monk and One slot  open for someone to play an Alchemist.  Along listed maxed starting gold.

Quote from: Chronoclasm on May 21, 2011, 11:38:50 AM
Pirates? Color me intrigued.

Would you like me (and other interested parties) to submit a character concept right off, or shall we just express our interest for now?
Concept and create your character.)

Also, will this game be party-based or largely solo with only occasional PC-PC interaction? If it will be party-based, it might also help to know how we are all being connected (are we all crew on the same pirate ship, for example?), so that we know how to integrate our backgrounds.
It will be a party base campaign.  As the crew of the pirate ship.   A Sloop,  which Anne Bonny man,  ran could be run with a crew of 6 to 8 and could have as many as 30.) 

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 21, 2011, 04:46:05 PM
Hmm so what kind of campaign are you running by the way Goddess? Good, neutral or evil?
Due to your pirates,  neutral to evil.   Through good is also allowed,  a high sea robin hood persona.

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 21, 2011, 05:17:15 PM
Simply as Laughing Hyena stated the magic.  Such is the case with Paladins and  Inquisitors.  So those remain no.

Quote from: Healergirl on May 21, 2011, 06:27:45 PM
I am very interested!

However, I am only ava1lable for Forum Post/PM post games at this time.
It will be forum post game.

bigwad73

I'd be interested in the alchemist, though... *scuffles foot*  I don't have the pathfinder books.  But I did play 3.5!
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: bigwad73 on May 22, 2011, 12:36:10 AM
I'd be interested in the alchemist, though... *scuffles foot*  I don't have the pathfinder books.  But I did play 3.5!

Link for the character class Alchemist. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist It also has all the other information for the nuances of Pathfinder to 3.5,  think of it as 3.75.

An thank you for your interest.  :)

Laughing Hyena

I'll be a free hand fighter. Making a few finishing touches and will edit him in when ready. Oh and remember guys, we are pirates so no plate armor or yer a stone on the ocean.

Leon Morgan

Bio: Leon Morgan born in France was originally part of a family that had  been financially struggling for some time and they were making a steady business climb back into stability until sabotage came into play from the Spanish. The family was pressed into bondage but he escaped this cruel fate. Without a home he had struggled within the cruel world. Either way he scrapped by in the streets, fighting for whatever he could hang onto. However he needed to leave this den and as such he stowed away on a ship. However the French captain was quick to find the child and set him straight to work since if he was out here no one would miss him. This was how he got the sailing skills. However the captain worked the child like a dog along with the rest of the crew, there was a mutiny. The crew now born and bred pirates made their operations in Port Royale. The child grew into a man there and now inspired wished to become a captain himself in due time. However he still has much to learn.

Healergirl

Ooooo, that Pathfinder site is very user friendly.  You kids, so spoiled by tech.  Why, back when I started Rping, We had to hand-write our own sheets!  Using forms we designed ourselves!  With pencils we hand- crafted on paper we made ourselves! And get off my lawn!

Goddess, I'm going to use this spreadsheet:  https://docs.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0AjfaolOnvs6gdEZNenNDdVBTSDBPME04S1JranRSSEE&mode=public

If that is OK with you.

Healergirl

Laughing Hyena,

You make a great point about armor.  Pirates are light troops for the most part. Plate was available during the period, but expensive and uncommon.  Goddess is the final arbiter of course, but I don't think anything heavier than leather types of armorfor charcters fits the Pirate theme.

As to what character class I will play, I'm kinda torn.  between:

Acrobat:  Duck and dodge, always on the move.  Perfect for those dramatic leaps from the rigging of one ship to another, carrying a grappling hook to secure the two vessels, scrambling up the walls of a fort in the dead of night or under fire.  Positive, upbeat personality, something of a party girl, might even dance on tables when the ship is in port.

Sniper:  Spooky introverted killer whose smiles seldom reach her eyes.  Keeps to herself as much as possible.  Impossible to do on ship I know, but when ashore tends to disappear into the background.

Elven Sex Goddess

Laughing Hyena. - Leon looks good on cursory glance with the numbers.   All that is needed is  brief two paragraph background to breath life into him other then a name and numbers on a sheet. 

Healergirl -  the spreadsheet if in fine.   

Also you are correct Laughing Hyena on the armor.   No one should have any good reason to have armor above studded leather.  Since a seafaring game of pirates.   

As well when choosing weapons think of the time period the game is to be set in.   Good job with that Laughing Hyena.   

Also finer points when you select a class.   For example on barbarians.   Your not going to be a northern barbarian wielding a two handed axe,  or a great sword.    Think in terms for example.   A  Zulu warrior from south Africa.   Or Carib  Indian from Caribbean and native from the America's.     Just ask yourself how it fits.   Will it work within the game story line.   

bigwad73

Just to be difficult, the stereotypical view of conquistadores had them wearing metal breastplate long into the 1700s, but leather or thick cloth elsewhere.  And maybe a metal codpiece, in case they were attacked by cod fish.  So I could see someone going into combat wearing something like that.
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: bigwad73 on May 22, 2011, 09:20:22 AM
Just to be difficult, the stereotypical view of conquistadores had them wearing metal breastplate long into the 1700s, but leather or thick cloth elsewhere.  And maybe a metal codpiece, in case they were attacked by cod fish.  So I could see someone going into combat wearing something like that.

Again no;  common sense dictates such as your not explorers  that is going to be going overland.  Your seafaring pirates.  Besides;   'Most conquistadors had limited access to steel armor and helmets as the more common mail and leather were worn by the Spanish and were an important factor in their success.    The varying climate between coastal and mountain regions and high heat and humidity of Central and South America made wearing such heavy iron and steel items mostly impractical, and the humidity caused a significantly faster rate of corrosion than in Europe.'

bigwad73

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on May 22, 2011, 10:00:02 AM
Again no;  common sense dictates such as your not explorers  that is going to be going overland.  Your seafaring pirates.  Besides;   'Most conquistadors had limited access to steel armor and helmets as the more common mail and leather were worn by the Spanish and were an important factor in their success.    The varying climate between coastal and mountain regions and high heat and humidity of Central and South America made wearing such heavy iron and steel items mostly impractical, and the humidity caused a significantly faster rate of corrosion than in Europe.'

*throws out his collection of conquistadore movies for being to dissimilar to reality*    ;D

Healergirl

Look on the bright side Bigwad73,

Just think of all the old pirate movies showing lightly armed, unarmored pirates easily outmaneuvering and beating those lumbering armor clad Spanish troopers.

Elven Sex Goddess

Actually with the rise of the big armies.  It was cheaper to replace the common soldier, in training and sticking a musket in his hands.   Then it was to outfit them in armor and train them to fight in it.    By that time cavalry and nobility / ranking military still wore significant armor.   But cavalry no longer is of significant importance.   

Besides;  The army with which Hernán Cortés besieged Tenochtitlan was composed of 200,000 soldiers, of which fewer than 1% were Spaniards'    Add in the fact,  the Spaniards went to war to kill their enemies.   Against those that sought to capture theirs.    More then the armor and just as important as the gunpowder weapons.  Is the advantage of cold steel.  Against what weapons at best bronze. 

I am not ruling out breast plate to be used.  through doubt it is affordable at creation.    I merely is pointing out how it fits in terms of scenario of the game storyline.   So I was wrong to say no.  Its more improbable and really needs a good background at start. 

Amendment to following weapon costs;

Musket -  130 GP
Musket Double Barrel - 165 GP
Pistol -  115 GP
Pistol Double Barrel - 150 GP

Armor cost Amendments for game;

Armor of Hide, padded,  quilted woven,  leather, studded leather, breast plate and agile breast plate are at cost.   

Any other armor such as chain shirt, has a craftsmen tax tossed on of additional  500 GP.   This is to represent that it was cheaper to mass produce at this time the metal breast plates then producing chain mail. 

This adjustment in costs should help bring the game more in line with the period.   If any one else has suggestions please give them.   

Mysterica

I would be very interested in this.  I'm not entirely certain what I will play, but I can definitely get back to you once I consult the core rule book.

bigwad73

Quote from: Healergirl on May 22, 2011, 06:47:44 AM
Ooooo, that Pathfinder site is very user friendly.  You kids, so spoiled by tech.  Why, back when I started Rping, We had to hand-write our own sheets!  Using forms we designed ourselves!  With pencils we hand- crafted on paper we made ourselves! And get off my lawn!

Goddess, I'm going to use this spreadsheet:  https://docs.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0AjfaolOnvs6gdEZNenNDdVBTSDBPME04S1JranRSSEE&mode=public

If that is OK with you.

Odd.  I can't copy that template.  I wonder if that's because I don't have Excel on this machine?

PhantomPistoleer

I'm removing interest.

I decided last night that I don't like pathfinder.  I like more customization with skills.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mysterica

I think I'll probably go with a fighter with a double bladed sword.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 22, 2011, 11:32:04 AM
I would be very interested in this.  I'm not entirely certain what I will play, but I can definitely get back to you once I consult the core rule book.

Welcome Mysterica, thank you for the interest :)   

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: bigwad73 on May 22, 2011, 12:25:32 PM
Odd.  I can't copy that template.  I wonder if that's because I don't have Excel on this machine?

Try here to use for a online Pathfinder character sheet.   

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/

Mysterica

Question!  If using a double blades sword and you had the weapon finesse feat, would you only get that bonus to the "off hand" half, or would it apply to both ends?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 22, 2011, 06:41:53 PM
Question!  If using a double blades sword and you had the weapon finesse feat, would you only get that bonus to the "off hand" half, or would it apply to both ends?

The answer to your question is no.   No to having the feat with a two bladed sword.   It is a two handed weapon and does not meet the prerequisites of being a light weapon or one of the weapon exceptions.     

But to  further answer your question.   If such on the off hand would be afforded the benefits of the feat.  Yes,  as such would be case if  the weapon is a spike chain.   Which can have the feat weapon finesse applied to it.   

Mysterica

Yeah.  That's my bad I should have payed a little more attention.  It does specify that it is like wielding a one handed weapon and a light weapon in the double weapon description.  Sorry for the stupid question. :-[

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 22, 2011, 07:03:16 PM
Yeah.  That's my bad I should have payed a little more attention.  It does specify that it is like wielding a one handed weapon and a light weapon in the double weapon description.  Sorry for the stupid question. :-[

Not stupid,  just an honest mistake.   I done plenty of those myself.  :)

Healergirl

So there I was, plothook.net character sheet up in one tab, the pathfinder srd up in another happily debating whether to go Sniper or Acrobat when a thought struck me:  Healing is going to be a real issue. No healing potions or spells, right?  Low armor class, we are gonna get hit and hurt.  All part of the setting flavor, of course.   
Goddess, will we have an NPC  Expert class sawbones?  Otherwise, one of us will have to sink a lot of skill points into Heal which is not a clas skill for the allowed classes.

There is a work around, one of us plays said Expert.  Perhaps a prisoner/semi prisoner of the rest of the party, or a disgraced apprentice surgeon on the run from the law.  As you might guess from my handle, I certainly would not mind doing that.  But if Goddess has an alcoholic street doctor lined up for us, or wants us to tough it out (which is certainly in line with the period).  But we will have to do something that players are in my experience not very good at:  We will have to think carefully before plunging into fights.

Healergirl

So there I was, plothook.net character sheet up in one tab, the pathfinder srd up in another happily debating whether to go Sniper or Acrobat when a thought struck me:  Healing is going to be a real issue. No healing potions or spells, right?  Low armor class, we are gonna get hit and hurt.  All part of the setting flavor, of course.   
Goddess, will we have an NPC  Expert class sawbones?  Otherwise, one of us will have to sink a lot of skill points into Heal which is not a class skill for the allowed classes.

There is a work around, one of us plays said Expert.  Perhaps a prisoner/semi prisoner of the rest of the party, or a disgraced apprentice surgeon on the run from the law.  As you might guess from my handle, I certainly would not mind doing that.  But if Goddess has an alcoholic street doctor lined up for us, or wants us to tough it out (which is certainly in line with the period), we will have to do something that players are in my experience not very good at:  We will have to think carefully before plunging into fights.

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes the world is deadly,  fighting is a serious discourse of action.   Although it is not as dire,  the party does have healing available.   That in the form of the Alchemist.    In addition a monk will be able to heal self.    Yet even with this, the normal party dynamics  have changed. 

Thou I like the idea of a drunken physician.    Thank you for that.    :-)

The following NPC classes are allowed;   Aristocrat,  Expert

Mysterica

Muse

Has anyone called dibs on the Alchemist yet? 

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 22, 2011, 11:19:47 PM
Well, I believe I have made my character.  Here it is.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8623

Need to make the sheet public for viewing,  thanks.

Quote from: Muse on May 23, 2011, 03:14:24 AM
Has anyone called dibs on the Alchemist yet? 

Bigwad73 has expressed interest.   

Mysterica

Elven Sex Goddess

Sheet for Li Feng looks good.    Now just need a brief background.   That gets her to this point of joining the crew of pirates.     ;)

Laughing Hyena

When we learn more about the setting we can probably give you backgrounds.

Genbu83

Mayhps you would consider the gunslinger variant 2?

Mysterica

Where is the game actually starting?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 23, 2011, 04:33:15 PM
Where is the game actually starting?

PORT ROYAL JAMAICA HAD THE REPUTATION AS BOTH THE RICHEST AND WICKEDEST CITY IN THE WORLD...

One such haven was Port Royal, Jamaica, a city with an astounding history and certainly a regal name. Port Royal Jamaica had the reputation as both the richest and wickedest city in the world. This was during the 17th century when it was the considered center of shipping commerce in Jamaica. Port Royal was notorious for its gaudy displays of wealth and loose morals, and was a popular place for pirates and privateers to bring and spend their treasure.

Pirates from around the world congregated at Port Royal, Jamaica, coming from waters as far away as Madagascar on the far side of Africa. Several 17th and early 18th century pirate ships are sunk within the harbor.
Port Royal, located along the shipping lanes going to and from Spain and Panama, provided a safe harbor for pirates. Originally claimed by the Spanish, England acquired it in 1655. The English built a fort on a sandy spit of land that formed a natural harbor. By 1659, two hundred houses, shops, and warehouses surrounded the fort. During the 17th century, the British actively encouraged and even paid buccaneers based at Port Royal to attack Spanish and French shipping.

This odd situation occurred because English lacked sufficient troops to prevent either the Spanish or French from seizing Port Royal, so the Jamaican governors turned to the pirates for defense of the city.

The buccaneers found Port Royal appealing for several reasons. Its proximity to trade routes allowed them easy access to prey. The harbor was large enough to accommodate their ships and provided them a place to careen and repair these vessels. It was also ideally situated for launching raids on Spanish settlements. From Port Royal, the pirate Henry Morgan attacked Panama, Portobello, and Maracaibo.

By the 1660’s, the city had gained a reputation as the Sodom of the New World where most residents were pirates, cutthroats, prostitutes and some of the vilest persons in the whole world. When Charles Leslie wrote his history of Jamaica, he included a description of the pirates of Port Royal. Wine and women drained their wealth to such a degree that…some of them became reduced to beggary. They have been known to spend 2 or 3,000 pieces of eight in one night; and one gave a strumpet 500 to see her naked. They used to buy a pipe of wine, place it in the street, and oblige everyone that passed to drink.

Port Royal grew to be one of the two largest towns and the most economically important port in the English colonies. At the height of its popularity, the city had one drinking house for every ten residents. In July 1661 alone, forty new licenses were granted to taverns. During a twenty-year period that ended in 1692, nearly 6,500 people lived in Port Royal.

In addition to prostitutes and buccaneers, there were four goldsmiths, forty-four tavern keepers, and a variety of artisans and merchants who lived in two hundred buildings crammed into fifty-one acres of real estate. Two hundred thirteen ships visited the seaport in 1688. The city’s wealth was so great that coins were preferred for payment rather than the more common system of bartering goods for services.

Elven Sex Goddess

Healergirl

Thank you!  Character background will be added to the sheet soon.

So now we have two fighters and a rogue who actually knows something about sailing a ship.

Port Royal in the 1660s?  Pure Squeeee!

Laughing Hyena

Knowledge Geography is betetr then Knowledge Dungeoneering for seafaring healer. :-)

Elven Sex Goddess

Notice

The  privateer Captain Cruel Tom-Tom of a shoop of war the 'New Moon Rising'  is currently signing crew members on.  At the 'White Horse' tavern of Port Royal.   Must be of strong constitution, sound mind, free of disease and able body seaman.  Terms are as follows; Agreement of one year and one day of service.  For one equal share of bounty taken after division for ship's provisions.   Minor petty infractions of the law of the sea shall be  dealt with by thee peers.   Serious offenses of such laws of the seas shall be judged and administered by the ships captain.  Which shall include of no less such crimes as falling asleep on duty,  cowardice in battle and murder.

Healergirl

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8627

Mary is a light-framed woman barely taller than a musket.   Her dark brown hair is cropped fairly short, her figure under her loose fitting sailor's garb is almost boyish.   Her eyes are hazel in color.  There is a hint of coldness beginning to grow in them.

Mary Nash was a born sailor  Literally.  She was born in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean as her parents emigrated to the Virginia colony.  Her father was an oysterman, her mother ran a cookhouse.  Mary started helping in the cookhouse as soon as she was big enough to hold a plate, but the sea always called to her, she begged, whined, threw tantrums, snuck aboard and owed away, whatever it took to be out on the water with her dad.  Oyster fishing in the Chesapeake bay was a good life, even for mediocre oystermen, and her father was far from mediocre, he had a knack for it in fact.

But Mary wanted more.  She was far from unhappy she loved her parents, her siblings, life out on the bay with her dad was pleasant indeed.  But she could see the tall ships entering and leaving the sheltered waters of the great bay and as soon as her brothers were big enough to fill in, she signed aboard a ship headed for the Caribbean.

It was not quite what she had hoped for  the ocean was glorious, she ahd been out on the open sea before, short trips and the long hours she spent up in the rigging on the journey south were blissful indeed.  but the captain... he wasn the man her father was.  A good sort, not particularly brutal to the crew, he took no liberties with her, or the other woman aboard.  But he was cheap.  The sails were not the best, the ropes were a bit frayed.  And the gunpowder in the armory, inferior.  This came back to haunt them.

Their ship was a Barque, and old vessel, not well cared for.  The pirate was a sllek, carefully groomed pinnace packed with fighting men and cannon.  They didn't have a prayer of escape, and the damn fool captain was to proud to give in.  they fought and lost.

They could have won.  Mary had always had a knack with guns.  She took to them like a natural.  As the pinnace came alongside, raking the Barque with grapeshot, grappling hooks arcing over the rail, Mary fired at who she thought was the captain.  Hit him dead center of the chest, too.  And then he got up.  The powder, the powder.  She snarled, reloaded, fired again, hit again.  AS the Pirate skipper got up again, and led the charge over the rail onto the deck Mary could clearly see both bullets embedded in his leathe doublet.

The boarding action was over in less than a minute.  The enraged pirate chief's aim towards Mary was clear:  Rape and murder.  His crew overruled him.  They thought it was damned funny that their chief had nearly had his ticket punched - twice - by a slip of a girl.  They gave her two choices:  She could choose to be passed around like a sack of wine and get dumped over the side with her throat cut.  Or she could choose to sign on with the crew..  She chose wisely.

There was only one major prize taken after she signed on, a merchantman.  Impressed by her marksmanship in defense of her own vessel, the pirates gave her a chance to show what she could do with a decent musket and powder.  She did well, picking off the quarry's helmsman, and the man who tried to replace him a a crucial moment.

And now she is in Port Royal, paid off and looking for a new ship.  The freedom, the sheer rush of life and combat at sea has stirred something in her soul.
Cruel tom of the New Moon rising...she had heard talk of him.  Interested, she headed towards the white Horse

Elven Sex Goddess

Looks good Healergirl.

Traits, for campaign can have two at creation.

I am in midst of hectic three days at work.  Gone from working 7 to 4 Monday to 12 to 9 today and tomorrow 10 to 7,    So is looking to get threads up by Thursday or at latest Friday.   

Healergirl

Thank you Goddess.  An RL always comes first.  Two traits, woot!

bigwad73

Muse was kind enough to help build a character for me with some of my guidelines.  I just have a few questions for him, and then I'll be posting him here.  Is the plothook website character thing mandatory?  Or can I just post my alchemist here in plain text?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: bigwad73 on May 25, 2011, 05:46:18 PM
Muse was kind enough to help build a character for me with some of my guidelines.  I just have a few questions for him, and then I'll be posting him here.  Is the plothook website character thing mandatory?  Or can I just post my alchemist here in plain text?

Thank you a bunch Muse   :-*

No it is  not require to post using plothook only.   Do it in plain text or use a mythweavers sheet  or another is fine by me.   Plothook link was just simple convenience link put up for you all.   

Mysterica

I fixed my character it was wrong, but chrono, you forgot the +2 to one of your stats for being a human.

Mysterica

No problem.  You might want to decide which stat to add that into and do so before we get underway.  =)

Healergirl

Athought:  Knowledge doungeoneering is a class skill for rogues, but dungeoneering does not seem to apply to this campaign.  Perhaps Knowledge:  Seafaring would be better?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Healergirl on May 27, 2011, 08:31:32 PM
Athought:  Knowledge doungeoneering is a class skill for rogues, but dungeoneering does not seem to apply to this campaign.  Perhaps Knowledge:  Seafaring would be better?

Yes, and as such it may be chose in lieu of dungeoneering as a class skill.

Muse

It seems to me the closest pre-existing knowledge would be Geography.  Though a knew knowledge could be written. 

Muse

Name:      Elaine
Class:   Rogue (Sniper)
Alignment:   Chaotic Good (but for how long?) 
Race:      French
Level      1

Height   4’11”
Weight   96
Measures   32c 22 30

Hair      Red
Eyes      Sienna
Skin      Swarthy

Strength      9   -1
Dexterity      17   +3
Constitution   12   +1
Intelligence   12   +1
Wisdom      14   +2
Charisma      12   +1

Hit Points      9

Armor Class   17   (Masterwork Studded Leather +3   Masterwork Buckler +1   Dexterity +3)

Saving Throws: 
Fort:   0 +1   =d20+1
Refl:   2 +3   =d20+5
Will:   0 +2   =d20+2

Base Attack   +0
Melee      -1
Missile   +3

Musket   
TAB      +4
Damage   2d6
Critical   20X3
Range      50
Shots      2 (Reload: 1 Full round action.) 
Amo      20 Masterwork

Bayonet
TAB      d20-1
Damage   d6-1
Critical   20X2

Double Barreled Pistol
TAB      +4
Damage   2d4
Critical   20X3
Range      20
Shots      2 (1 full round action reload.) 
Amo      10 Masterwork

Rapier
TAB      -1
Damage   d6-1
Critical   18X2

Dagger
TAB      -1/+3
Damage   d4-1
Critical   19X2
Range      10’

Sap
TAB      -1
Damage   d4-1NL
Critical   20X2

Class Abilities: 
Accuracy (Attack penalties from range increments halved.) 
Sneak Attack +1d6

Feats: 
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot

Skills: 
Acrobatics      1 +3 +3      =d20+7
Craft: Gunsmith   1 +3 +1   +2   =d20+7
Disable Device   1 +3 +1   +2   =d20+7
Heal         1 +3 +2 +1    +2   =d20+9
K. Geography   1 +3 +1      =d20+5
P. Domestic      1 +3 +2      =d20+6
Linguistics      1 +3 +1      =d20+5
Perception      1 +3 +2      =d20+6
Perform: Dance   1 +3 +1      =d20+5
Stealth      1 +3 +3      =d20+7

Languages:
English 
French
Portuguese

Traits:   
Caregiver   
Rich Parents

GEAR: 
Adventurer’s Sash
Backpack, Masterwork
Bag, WaterproofX2
Bedroll
Hammock
Healer’s KitX2
Kit, Cooking
Artisan’s Tools: Gunsmith, Masterwork
Clothing: Explorer’s Outfit
Clothing: Entertainer’s Outfit
Thief’s Tools, Masterwork
Chalkboard and 5 Chalk
Flint and Steel

Purse
Platinum   3
Gold      1
Silver   2
Copper   5

Elaine is the only daughter of the widower Sylvan, advisor and gunsmith to the count of Gascony. 
Sylvan gave his daughter a broad education ranging from how to shoot and the basics of fencing to reading, languages, geography, and the classics.  When not learning form her father she worked in the kitchens and apprenticed under the midwife. 
On her fifteenth birthday Elain was sent to stay with distant relations in the country.  The lord they had served was usurped by his brother, but Sylvan had disappeared in the night with the lords son, Savanien deGascone.  By her sixteenth year, she managed to track the two to Port Royal where she got word that they had joined a pirate vessel.  Seeing no way to ever hope to find one but to do the same, Elain swallows her fear and prepares to herself for a pirates life… 

Healergirl

Ooooooo!  Another sniper!  We will sweep the enemy quarterdecks of all command and pilot staff!

And re Knowledge Geography, that's a good point.  But ssafaring is more than knowledge of physical fetures.  It covers navigation, how to run a ship, discipline, maintaining supply inventories that sort of thing.  Profession sailor covers practical ship handling, knowledge of various ship types that sort of thing.  This will take some thought.

Mysterica

Exactly, which is why you can also use profession sailor if it fits into your history to help with the actual running of the ship.

Muse

I believe Arcana might include natural philosiphy. 

Healergirl

An observation:  Mary is 5' 2'.  Elaine is 4' 11".  Both snipers are roughly as tall as the most common muskets of the period.

Healergirl

<grins at Chronoclasm>

Yes, but will you try to load us?

Mysterica

Nah.  He was probably the altar boy so he'd probably prefer it if you loaded him.

bigwad73

(with thanks to Muse for his invaluable work!)

Name:      Richard Fairnsborough
Nationality:   English
Height:    6’0”
Weight:   181
Skin:      Tanned
Hair:      Greyish-black
Eyes:      Green

Class:   Alchemist
Level:   1

Languages:  English, Polish, Portugese, Spanish, French, Latin

Strength        10     +0
Dexterity       14     +2
Constitution   12     +1
Intelligence    18     +4
Wisdom         12     +1
Charisma       11     +0

Hit Points   9

Armor Class   : 15   (Leather Armor +2   Dexterity +2   Dodge +1)
--Flat Footed: 12   
--Touch: 13

Saving Throws
--Fort:  2 +1 = +3
--Refl:  2 +2 = +4
--Will:  0 +1 = +1

Base Attack   +0
--Melee         +0
--Ranged       +2
--Combat Manuver:            +0
--Combat Manuver Defense 12

Bombs
--TAB: +3
--Damage d6+4
----5 Damage in 5 foot radius around primary target.  (Reflex Save DC 14 for half.)
--Critical 20X2
--Range 20’
--Ammo: 5/Day

Dagger
--TAB +0 (Thrown +2)
--Damage d4
--Critical 19X2
--Range 10’

SKILLS: 
Appraise         1 +3 +4 +1                    = d20+9
Craft: Alchemy      1 +3 +4                   = d20+8
Heal            1 +3 +1                            = d20+5
Knowledge: Arcana      1 +3 +4 +1       =d20+9
Knowledge: Engineering   1 +3 +4 +1   =d20+9
Knowledge: Geography   1 +3 +4 +1     =d20+9
Knowledge: Nature      1 +3 +4 +1        =d20+9
Linguistics         1 +0 +4                       =d20+5
Perception         1 +3 +1                       =d20+5
“Spellcraft”         1 +3 +4                      =d20+8

Class Abilities: 
Throw Anything:   
You are used to throwing things you have on hand.
Benefit: You do not suffer any penalties for using an improvised ranged weapon. You receive a +1 circumstance bonus on attack rolls made with thrown splash weapons.
-adds his Intelligence modifier to damage done with Throw Splash Weapon, including the splash damage if any. This bonus damage is already included in the bomb class feature. 

Brew Potion (Ex)
At 1st level, alchemists receive Brew Potion as a bonus feat. An alchemist can brew potions of any formulae he knows (up to 3rd level), using his alchemist level as his caster level. The spell must be one that can be made into a potion. The alchemist does not need to meet the prerequisites for this feat.

Mutagen (Su)

At 1st level, an alchemist discovers how to create a mutagen that he can imbibe in order to heighten his physical prowess at the cost of his personality. It takes 1 hour to brew a dose of mutagen, and once brewed, it remains potent until used. An alchemist can only maintain one dose of mutagen at a time—if he brews a second dose, any existing mutagen becomes inert. As with an extract or bomb, a mutagen that is not in an alchemist’s possession becomes inert until an alchemist picks it up again.

When an alchemist brews a mutagen, he selects one physical ability score—either Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution. It’s a standard action to drink a mutagen. Upon being imbibed, the mutagen causes the alchemist to grow bulkier and more bestial, granting him a +2 natural armor bonus and a +4 alchemical bonus to the selected ability score for 10 minutes per alchemist level. In addition, while the mutagen is in effect, the alchemist takes a –2 penalty to one of his mental ability scores. If the mutagen enhances his Strength, it applies a penalty to his Intelligence. If it enhances his Dexterity, it applies a penalty to his Wisdom. If it enhances his Constitution, it applies a penalty to his Charisma.

EXTRACTS: 
--Every morning, he may use his knowledge of trancandental alchemy to mix two Extracts of particular power.  Only he may administer them do to their synergy with his advanced study of trancandental alchemy.  If another tries to administer the extract it fails. 
Prepared extracts: 
1.  Cure Light Wounds
2.  Keen Senses

FORMULAS (In formula book.): 
Crafter’s Fortune
Cure Light Wounds
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Jump
Keen Senses
Touch of the Sea

FEATS: 
--Dodge
--Point Blank Shot

GEAR: 
Adventurer's Sash
This bandoleer holds six pouches along its length and a satchel at the hip. Each pouch has a stiff leather flap that can be secured against jostling with a clasp (requiring a move action to open or close) or left unfastened for easier access. The pouches and satchel each contain a number of loops and ties for further securing equipment. The sash buckles at the shoulder, and can be freed with a sharp tug in an emergency as a move action. 
Alchemist's Lab: Portable
Alchemist's KindnessX3 (Hangover cure)
Clothing: Artisan's Outfit X2
Bag, Waterproof X2
Dagger
Explorer’s Outfit
Flint and Steel
Formula Book
Hammock (3lbs)
Inkpen X2
Ink, 1 Vial
Kit, Healers (50gp, 1lbs)
Leather Armor
Soap
Sunrod X3
Waterskin

PURSE: 
Gold   6
Silver   6
Copper   9

Growing up in England during the Wars of the Three Kingdoms, Richard was the son of a clerk named Frederick and a midwife named Molly.  Fredrick’s father fought for King Charles against the rebellious House of Lords who made up parliament at the time. 
   The lords were triumphant and installed Oliver Cromwell as dictator.  Being a common born officer, Fredrick was drawn and quartered. 
   Incenced, Richard entertained plots to kill Cromwell. He romanticized the rebel Guy Fawkes who very nearly packed enough powder under Parliament to blow the whole building to Hell in 1605.  He’d been caught, but what if he could discover a more efficient explosive?  One that might destroy Parliament with a single bucket instead of a wheelbarrow full, for example? 
   He scraped together the coin to travel to Poland and sucessfuly found students of the legendary Rabi Lowe, a trancandental alchemist who brought to life a man of clay to defend the Jews of Prague.  With some work he won an apprenticeship and learned the basics of how to make just the explosives he desired and so much more.  Medicines of miraculous healing.  Formulas that would make him a feral warrior.  His teacher told him, though, that he must learn now through experience, so he traveled to Jamaica, thinking to privateer against Cromwell while testing his alchemy on the high seas. 

Elven Sex Goddess

Looks good.

Going to start ooc/roster thread and ic threads today in an hour or so.   

Mysterica

Elven Sex Goddess

Aether

Elven, I would love to make a sexy addition to this game if there is yet room  ^.^

Elven Sex Goddess

Isengrad

aw man,looks like your all full. A shame, I would have loved to try my hand once again at pathfinder. Hope you all have a Nice game and please let me know if a slot opens up for another pc.

original artwork by karabiner

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Isengrad on June 07, 2011, 08:59:02 AM
aw man,looks like your all full. A shame, I would have loved to try my hand once again at pathfinder. Hope you all have a Nice game and please let me know if a slot opens up for another pc.

Actually slots are still open. So welcome to the game.  Look forward to seeing your character.   

ESG

Isengrad

awesome ^^,Ill have one by tomorrow at the latest

edit: realized I looked like an idiot there for a day

original artwork by karabiner

NicciKotor

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 07, 2011, 07:29:56 PM
Actually slots are still open. So welcome to the game.  Look forward to seeing your character.   

ESG

Any more slots besides one for isengard?
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: NicciKotor on June 08, 2011, 02:36:03 PM
Any more slots besides one for isengard?

Yes and welcome aboard Niccikotor.   

NicciKotor

NicciKotor

More to the point, what is the current party layout, since I am good with most of the classes and I am more then eager to fill any empty slots.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: NicciKotor on June 08, 2011, 06:34:11 PM
More to the point, what is the current party layout, since I am good with most of the classes and I am more then eager to fill any empty slots.

The Alchemist slot is filled,  we have two fighters (double blade expert and free hand),   a barbarian and rogues of a rake, sniper,  acrobat. 

The monk is still open,  or you can choose to go either go another barbarian, fighter or rogue and or select the expert class.

See pg one for character creation of this thread.  Also listed on page one is amendments to armor costs and costs to muskets and pistols.   

NicciKotor

I'll go monk girl then, with throw anything as a feat.

Is this still level 1? Level one is good for tutorials and teaching new people.

Aether

Will be building my lvl 1 trapsmith, he will be from thailand and well spoken in english as well as native Thai. possibly more, espanole...

Altair1983

Id be interested if their is still a slot open..