Ideas and Scenarious you wish happened.

Started by Lustful Bride, November 03, 2014, 02:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

After watching a playthrough of Deus Ex and thinking on the whole "corporations with more power than governments" trope of cyberpunk, I started thinking that I would honestly love to see something sort of XCOM Style where a government gets tired of having to bend over backwards for corporations and tries to reestablish power the way it was meant to be and put the megacorps in their place and maybe even build a NATO like union with other countries that wish the same.

The Xcom style thing would come in with the Gov forces beign outgunned and underfunded when compared to the megacorps and have to be more tactical than them in order to win.

Starstrider

We need more X-COM, period. Some people suggested they'd like to see a remake of Terror From the Deep, only sticking closer to the Cthulhu stuff that inspired it, but personally, I'd like to see some tie-ins to the Deus Ex storyline, seeing how Human Revolution and the original game have plenty of technology that could have been based on alien research. They even have Greys in there, after all. An alien invasion and a protracted war might be just the thing to push society to the brink and tear nations apart as seen in the original game.
On a somewhat sillier note, since some people keep pointing out a few glaring similarities between X-COM and the likes of the Power Rangers, I can't help wondering how much more awesome X-COM would be if they had access to giant robots of the non-amputated-cyborg variety, as well as some of the flashier stuff. After all, the original X-COM game was heavily inspired by a campy 1970 TV show called UFO.

One aspect of X-COM I particularly enjoy is the idea of humanity banding together to face a common, greater threat, instead of just the typical "X Country Saves The World" glorification. So what would happen if not only human-alien hybrids and androids, but also aliens from other species wanted to join the fight against the Ethereals?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Starstrider on July 01, 2015, 07:54:13 PM
One aspect of X-COM I particularly enjoy is the idea of humanity banding together to face a common, greater threat, instead of just the typical "X Country Saves The World" glorification. So what would happen if not only human-alien hybrids and androids, but also aliens from other species wanted to join the fight against the Ethereals?

That's one of the Aspects I love too :) I love calling Xcom "Rainbow Six: Alien edition"

There actually is a Power Rangers RPG out recently called Chroma Squad, you should look it up, it might sate your power rangers desire, it even has megazords.

Lustful Bride

After seeing a little fanmade trailer for Call of Cthulhu, , I seriously find myself now craving something like Delta Green, but with old Xcom or Xenonaut style gameplay.....*sigh* one can dream.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on September 09, 2015, 11:36:04 AM

;D

Yes, perfect! That would be amazing. And maybe it includes a fair amount lf humor and dark humor, to keep the player from realizing they were the villain until the real heroes bust in to take you down and call out the evil the player had done so far.

Lustful Bride

Found this Gravity Falls video and now I almost wish it was cannon  ;D
Time travel and all (despite how much I usually hate time travel)

https://youtu.be/PB42T8AEIvU

CaptainNexus616

After playing this last Mad Max game I was overly disappointed with the story. (Very glad I rented it from Red Box and did buy it for full price)

I would actually like to see a different kind of villain for once with Mad Max. One where the bad guy is actually like Max one where it grows really hard to tell if Max is the hero or villain. Plus its portrayed more of Max's battle with his inner demons as a result and by the climax he manages to overcome them. (Think it would have worked better for the game but I don't want to do spoilers for people interested in playing despite my negative response)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lustful Bride

After watching Chappie again I kind of wish that there were more stories and such with robots who gain AI/sentience and instead of becoming homicidal, they want to protect humanity. Like The Vision,  Sonny in I Robot, or Arbiter and the Freeborn squad in Robopocalypse.

WindVoyager

The only robot\android\Ai Rps I've seen are with homicidal ones or its just thinly veiled human character only stuff with sci fi robots tossed in. I want to see something like FNaF world, were the cyborgs, Ais and the like have taken over and there's been some massive catastrophe though for the most part the cyborgs and the like either don't really care about the cause or they have only passing interest in it and go about life the best they can. There would be humans in this post apoc world and most the AIs would have become guardians of sorts

Lustful Bride

After osme slight research I found out that Frank Darabount at one point planned 2 episodes as a flashback of sorts in The Walking Dead to show how Atlanta fell to the zombies. He described it as "Blackhawk down but with zombies" and would have followed the Tanker from the first episode that rick encountered before he was zombified,

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I think this would have been awesome and I wish they had actually done it.

Oniya

Another one from my discussions with the little Oni:

A princess's kingdom is under threat.  There is a legend of a Hero that will return in time of need to defeat the Evil and restore peace.  The princess sets off to seek out this Hero and ask for his help.

As she follows rumors around the world, she defeats obstacles, acquires skills, and recovers pieces of the Hero's equipment - legendary weapons, mystical armor, magical devices - but always seems to be several steps behind the Hero.

Until the end.
As she makes her way to the final destination on her quest, she discovers that this is the stronghold of the evil forces.  Assuming that the Hero will require his gear, she rushes in, slaying monsters and defeating traps and puzzles until she reaches the throne room.  As she enters, she is surprised that she is the first of the 'forces of Good' to arrive - there is no one else confronting the end boss.  There is no time to puzzle this out, as the boss attacks!

At the end of the fight, the end boss gasps out a dying recognition that the only one who could have achieved this, was the Hero out of legend - revealing that the princess was her own Hero all along.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on October 04, 2015, 01:21:36 PM

A princess's kingdom is under threat.  There is a legend of a Hero that will return in time of need to defeat the Evil and restore peace.  The princess sets off to seek out this Hero and ask for his help.

As she follows rumors around the world, she defeats obstacles, acquires skills, and recovers pieces of the Hero's equipment - legendary weapons, mystical armor, magical devices - but always seems to be several steps behind the Hero.

Until the end.
As she makes her way to the final destination on her quest, she discovers that this is the stronghold of the evil forces.  Assuming that the Hero will require his gear, she rushes in, slaying monsters and defeating traps and puzzles until she reaches the throne room.  As she enters, she is surprised that she is the first of the 'forces of Good' to arrive - there is no one else confronting the end boss.  There is no time to puzzle this out, as the boss attacks!

At the end of the fight, the end boss gasps out a dying recognition that the only one who could have achieved this, was the Hero out of legend - revealing that the princess was her own Hero all along.

That's Awesome!

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Oniya on October 04, 2015, 01:21:36 PM

Until the end.

Shut up and take my money!
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lustful Bride

Just watched an old Trailer for Universe at war: Earth Assault. Game needed much more time to e polished but had a fun concept.

It makes me kind of wish there was more stuff out there of us fighting evil aliens when good ones come to help us out :P Best of both worlds.

CaptainNexus616

Mass Effect had a similar vibe since you fought alongside some aliens to save the galaxy.

Idea or concept that should have happened? Better ending for Mass Effect 3 than a DLC patch (Beating an old horse I know)

Lustful Bride

Just having a Stargate SG1 Marathon on hulu. Reliving my childhood, coming home after school and doing my homework while Stargate was on tv...ahh I miss being young :)

I happened to come across the episode where the Go'auld were training abunch of teens to infiltrate SG1 and act like soldiers and they never did anything with that concept after those episodes. I always hoped they would show up or end up joining the Earth forces against the evil snake heads but *shrug* anyway I realized it could actually make for a good RP concept if someone ever wanted to do a group Stargate rp.

Undine

I have always always always wanted to see a Kill Bill 3, where Elle, completely blinded of course, somehow survived Bud's trailer in the desert.  Now, years later, has taken little Nikki Belle under her wing and had her trained to wreak vengeance on Beatrix and, of course, a grown-up B.B. too  :D (besides, poor Daryl Hannah has to find some work somewhere again in this lifetime!)
How to bait for an Undine   My O/O's
  When Undine makes for the deep waters My A/A's 

“‘Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere.’” ~ Giles, The Shape of Water
My F&S fascinations:  Elegance Wild and Grace Forgotten

Lustful Bride

This is surprisingly accurate and makes me want an old FF style RPG where you control coalition forces and such fighting terrorists....its weird but I totally want one >_>

Lustful Bride

Wow...after seeing like the only real Story piece within the new Rainbow six it makes me want two things.

1: An actual Storymode in R6:Siege.

2:Some kind of HBO or STARS show that would follow Team Rainbow fighting terrorism across the globe.

Oniya

Quote from: Lustful Bride on December 20, 2015, 08:46:16 PM
2:Some kind of HBO or STARS show that would follow Team Rainbow fighting terrorism across the globe.

Okay - I know what Rainbow 6 is really about, but I just had a sudden flash of something.

In the days of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, one squad embodied it completely.  An elite force, sent only on the most covert missions, whispered to be capable of doing the impossible.  Six men, each with his own specialty and with his own secret from the very military that he served in.  Three couples, bound by the brotherhood of the corps, the secrecy of their missions, and more.

Tagline:  We fight fiercest for those we love.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on December 20, 2015, 09:19:12 PM
Okay - I know what Rainbow 6 is really about, but I just had a sudden flash of something.

In the days of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, one squad embodied it completely.  An elite force, sent only on the most covert missions, whispered to be capable of doing the impossible.  Six men, each with his own specialty and with his own secret from the very military that he served in.  Three couples, bound by the brotherhood of the corps, the secrecy of their missions, and more.

Tagline:  We fight fiercest for those we love.

.........*throws money at the screen* Take it! Take all of my money!!!

Lustful Bride

Lustful Bride

So I have been watching True Detective (Finally finishing up Season 2) and I am rather disappointed in Season 2. Just...I miss the possible supernatural hints and lovecraftian horror just hiding behind the Detective story.

I honestly think that Season two should have followed the two other detectives who interviewed Rust and Cole.

Following them as they went on their own investigation and uncovering some other being in the Pantheon that The King in Yellow is a part of. Listening to the tapes of Rust and Cole and trying to figure out what the hell is going on as something seems to almost have put a spell over people, or maybe we were always so sick on the inside.

I feel like this was a missed opportunity. :/

Matttheman89

It's been a looooooooooong time since this game was released, but what the heck; I wish this had happened just as much now as I did then.

A sequel to Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

I always thought that if Mario could succeed so many times (less nowadays than back then, but whatever) in the RPG-Genre, then why not let Sonic have a go at it? So when Sonic Chronicles was announced and eventually released, I was ecstatic to play it, and while it wasn't perfect, I thought it was a great first try with loads of potential to really open up the franchise in an interesting way. And when it ended on one of the biggest cliffhangers I can think of off the top of my head with confirmations of a sequel coming from on high shortly afterwards, I was excited to see what would happen next. After all, it was being made by Bioware!

But a combination of outside legal issues and EA's purchase of Bioware followed by the disbanding of their handheld division (with Sonic Chronicles as their only game) made such a thing impossible. Sadly, the game is now firmly noncanon, and a sequel will almost assuredly never happen. A disappointing outcome to a scenario that had so much potential.