Backlash against Sandra Fluke

Started by Trieste, March 11, 2012, 12:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

Quote from: Sure on March 16, 2012, 12:17:12 PM
Not at all. Gynecology is a more well developed discipline but to presume that this implies the male reproductive system is simpler or in need of less care does not logically follow.

I don't believe anyone is suggesting anything of the sort. Men and women should have equal access to health care across the board.

However, in the strictest biological sense (please note: I do not mean psychologically, emotionally, financially, or any other way) a human male's participation in the reproductive process begins, and more to the point, ends with ejaculation. A human female's participation in the process is far more lengthy and complex, and therefore does deserve a greater degree of care and attention.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

MasterMischief

Quote from: Blinkin on March 16, 2012, 12:41:49 PM
On a note from another series of post, I would agree that an option for military service in lue of jail or prison time would be an excellent option and should be one. Although I know many will disagree with me, I would go so far as to suggest that a manditory term of military service would do our whole country well as a means of giving our young (and the last 3 or 4 generations) a sense of discipline, what it means to be American and just what our forefathers (and mothers) have given for us to be able to NOT appreciate them.

I served in the Army for eight years.  I am not so sure forced service would instill a sense of appreciation.  Also, forcing people to serve (leaving out the argument that many lower income individuals really have few other options and are effectively being forced as it is) I believe would likely erode morale.

Callie Del Noire

I was watching the Situation Room on CNN (for a class project) and Senator Murkowski (R) commented on her perception that the current trends that the GOP was working (unintentionally) on alienating women voters as well as regretting her recent backing of the party line on the contraception issues on the senate floor.

So, at least some of the GOP are thinking it seems.