Fairy Tale Heroes...with Superpowers?! ('Avengers Grimm' - Still Accepting)

Started by Mathim, May 23, 2018, 07:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessAriel

Here we are, still love her profile:

Player Name: PrincessAriel
Character Name/Identity: Belle
Tale of Origin: Beauty and the Beast
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Abilities: She can change her human form to that of beastly form whenever she wishes, though she usually does stay in her beastly form. Whenever she is around humans, she knows it's best to be in her human form, though it pains her beloved Beast; whenever she is human, he is not. When in her beastly form, she has control over herself, but has a habit of losing her temper quicker than normal. She is stronger, faster, her voice is gruffer, she has a set of horns and brown tuffs of hair in places humans do not.
*She also has a magical mirror that she uses to check up on Beast and her father (mainly Beast).
Skills: She can track, using her keen sense of smell to find foes that others may not be able to find. She has a proficiency in hand-to-hand combat, not really liking weapons all that much since such weapons were so often used against her lover and herself for what they look like.
Backstory: Belle had a father, a father she loved so very dearly, and two sisters who despised her for reasons she never could understand. They often whined and complained about anything and everything, especially when they didn't get there way, whereas Belle simply tried to enjoy the present and not let her troubles bog her down. When their father lost all his money to dept, she didn't complain, when they moved into a small house and had to eat little for dinner, she kept smiling. She helped out by working in a store for books, giving all her earnings to her father, keeping only a coin here or there for herself so she could buy books for herself or materials for making herself a new dress. One night, her father ventured out, away from town, to meet a cargo ship so he can get their money back and restore their fortune, but when he arrives, the money is already gone due to the dept he still owed. On his way home, he get's lost, but luckily stumbles upon a castle. Her father finds no one in the castle and helps himself to some food that had been prepared. When he awoke in the morning there was breakfast prepared for him and he assumed that this was perhaps the doing of a very kind fairy.

On his way out, her father stops to a pick a rose from the garden for Belle and this is when he is confronted by an angry Beast, who felt like Belle's father was now taking advantage of his hospitality. Upon hearing that the man has daughters, he agrees to spare his life on the condition that one of his daughters willingly take his place. Before the man is sent home, Beast allows him to fill a chest with a gold to take with him. When his children hear of the Beast and his demands, they are sorrowful and his two elder daughters wail loudly. They see that Belle is calm and not crying, and they despise her for it. Belle tells them that she will not cry because she will not allow her father to die because of her. She volunteers to take her father’s place as the Beast’s prisoner, and her sisters are secretly thrilled at the prospect that the Beast may devour her. When she arrives, the Beast is kind to her, so very kind.

Belle goes to the palace where the Beast informs her that she is now mistress of the castle and that he is her servant. There are other servents there, they had once been human as well, but they too had been affected by Beast's curse. They keep her company as she passes her time in the library and by exploring her new home. Each night she has supper with the Beast who stays by her side. Each night the two conversed and each night, the Beast would ask Belle to marry her, only for her to reject his proposal. Still fearful of the Beast, despite his kindness, she refuses his proposals for months. He becomes grumpier each time, but he still shows her kindness because he has fallen head over heals for her. It is because of these feelings for her that he allows her to visit her father and family again under the condition that she would return to him after one week. Belle agrees and is given a magic ring that could transport her back to her family on a whim, and she uses that to be reunited with her kin. Belle’s sisters, who had since married, were furious to see their sister alive and dressed more elegantly than they were. Being the spiteful, horrible souls they were, they concocted a plan to convince Belle to break her promise to Beast and to stay longer than a week in an attempt to anger the Beast into devouring Belle

Belle fell for this ruse. With her sisters pretending to be nice to her and showing her a level of affection she had never experienced from them, she promised them to stay one week longer. In this time, she began to feel guilty for being so long apart from Beast whom she longed to see again. It was on her tenth night away from him she had a nightmare of Beast dying that she awoke in tears. She used the ring right away, only to find Beast lying on the floor of his rose garden. She ran to him, so very scared that his time had run out, that his curse had come to a horrible end. So fearful was she, she held him close to her as she kissed him. Tears rolling down her face, she watched as he blinked at her, his tuffs of hair falling away. She watched him become human, only to have her body transform before him.

Their love, her true love for him, was suppose to break Beast's curse for good, but the curse changed her as well, transforming Belle as Beast became human. While one is human, the other cannot be. He cared not for what she looked like, having been transformed for so long himself, but the shock of such a transformation startled her. At first, she kept in her human form for as long as she could, but while in human form, Beast's emotional state would become unstable and he would become violent. So she embraced her beastly form, all so he could stay human.

When Belle first heard of Rumpelstiltskin, she had hoped maybe he could help to find a 'cure' for their curse, but when his declaration of wanting to rule the kingdoms became apparent and he started trying to recruit monsters and villains, she lost hope for getting his help. Instead, she decided to fight against him; he was just like the witch who had put a curse upon her Beast, evil and controlling.
Orientation: Pansexual
Appearance: (Emmy Rossum)

"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Mathim

Awesome, approved. Everybody who submitted a profile, feel free to jump in to the IC thread any time now, or continue if you've already posted.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Fury Aphrodisia

Any idea where the old ones were kept? I could sift through my old post records, but it would take me weeks at this pace to get through enough of them to find it. If  you know offhand where the posts are, I can just copy/paste my old file. Or we can just go forward with the understanding that I've changed literally nothing about her since the last time we played. Your call, fearless leader.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Mathim

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on June 04, 2018, 01:11:08 PM
Any idea where the old ones were kept? I could sift through my old post records, but it would take me weeks at this pace to get through enough of them to find it. If  you know offhand where the posts are, I can just copy/paste my old file. Or we can just go forward with the understanding that I've changed literally nothing about her since the last time we played. Your call, fearless leader.

There are links to about 3 or 4 previous attempts that someone graciously dug up for the last game, though this is probably attempt 5 or 6 so there are at least that many in total. If you were to use the search tool to try and find them all, things like 'Avengers Grimm', 'Fairy Tale Kingdoms/Heroes/Superheroes' and the like, you might get lucky and hit upon them in the first couple of pages.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

LamentingQuill

Mathim

LOL, well you've used the same character each time so it's not like there's any rush to create one from scratch. But we've just barely begun, and we've got quite a sizable group to work with, so it's all good, love.

LamentingQuill

Player Name: LamentingQuill
Character Name/Identity: Snow White
Tale of Origin: Snow White and the Seven Drawfs
Alignment: Neutral good {She'll do whatever needs to be done for the sake of the kingdom, a tyrant like her stepmother will never be tolerated again}
Ability(ies):

Song- When she sings, her voice is lovely and enchanting that animals of all kinds are drawn to her presence she can then request of them to her. However the animals in question cannot be any more than a mile distance away or they will not hear her sing.

Animal speech- Snow White can understand what animals are saying. Insects, aquatic denizens and reptiles are harder to understand than mammals, she has no idea why.

Daggers- All the dagger and knife lessons the huntsman gave her make Snow White no helpless damsel. She is lethal in a dagger/knife fight.

Agility- Snow White is swift and agile on her feet, years of training and practice has made speed and grace as natural as breathing to the fair princess.

Weaknesses: Insomnia- After the sleeping curse cast upon her by her stepmother, Snow White doesn't have such an easy time sleeping anymore, always terrified she will be trapped in the world of sleep ]once again. She gets sleep, just probably not as much as she should be getting.

Personality:

To friends- Snow White is gentle and kind to those close enough to her to be called her friend, her compassion and capacity for love are limitless, there is no lengths she won't go to in order to lift the spirits of or protect her loved ones.

Having experienced the loss of loved ones before, Snow White is highly, highly protective, she refuses to ever again risk something happening to anyone she cares about ever again, she will not hesitate to act if there no other possible non-violent alternative.

A lover of nature and animals, Snow White adores to spend most of her times in the royal gardens and the edges of the nearby forest to be with her animal friends.

To enemies (evil individuals)- Snow White will not tolerate the dark of heart, she will not suffer their wickedness or allow them to do harm to anyone around her if she had the breath left in her to do something about it. She could be open to helping a willing individual reform, but she would be highly suspicious until she knows for certain whether or not it's real.

For the truly wicked, Snow White would be ruthless and determined to stop them before they could harm any  more good innocent people than they may already have.

To strangers- Having experienced what happens when you too readily completely trust a stranger, Snow White has logically become a little bit more stand offish than she used to be, though she is not quite to the point of cold or stoic. She would simply be very cautious, though polite and willing to be convinced of ones trustworthiness.

History and Backstory:

Lovely Snow White, so beautiful that she earned the deep seeded hatred of her vain stepmother... something that would alter Snow White's life forever.

She always suspected her stepmother had something to do with it when her father suddenly fell ill and died, the woman struck her as too power hungry and ambitious, not to mention that she never really showed her father the tender love she always felt should be present in a marriage...

Her suspicions of her stepmother proved correct when the woman ordered her huntsman to take her out deep into the forest and carve out her heart, all because the queen's magic mirror declared Snow White to be the fairest of all maidens... taking from the queen her coveted desire to rule as the most beautiful woman in all the land...

However, once they were deep in the forest and the huntsman raised his dagger, his heart swelled with all the tender affection from watching this sweet young woman grow up and he realized... he could not do this...
Instead, he told the princess everything and together they devised a plan, he would carve out the heart of boar and take it back to the queen and Snow White would be free to escape and live her life wherever she so chose. The huntsman even took the time to return the forest several times to give Snow White lessons in using daggers to their fullest potential, ensuring the princess at least stood a chance in this world at defending herself.

However, this was not clever enough to evade the wicked queen... with the help of the magic mirror, the queen discovered the heart brought before her was not that of Snow White, but the heart of a pig! She had been tricked!
The queen had the huntsman executed for his treachery and immediately put plans in motion to take care of the lovely Snow White herself.

Three times she tried, first with an enchanted sash that nearly squeezed Snow White to death before her seven small friends arrived to cut it off of her, the second time was poison comb that drugged the princess into a slumber, but again her dwarf friends arrived home just in time to pull the comb from her hair before it was too late. Finally, deciding play time was over, the queen poisoned an apple and disquised herself as a frail kindly old woman whom was lost in the woods.

Snow White, with her kind and tender heart, was sympathetic to what she thought was a frightened old woman and invited her inside, accepting the old woman's offer to split one of the apple's in her basket in thanks for the kind hopsitality in her moment of fear.
Far too trusting, Snow White bit into the apple and immediately fell into a death-like sleep, a sleep so deep that the dwarves would believe she was truly dead, the princess would likely starve to death before anyone discovered the truth.

Satisfied with her work, the queen left the dwarves cottage just in time to hide around back as the dwarves were arriving home from the mine, their wails of despair filling the cottage as they believed their beloved princess was truly struck down this time by her jealous stepmother.
Enraged, the dwarves immediately left the cottage and soon found the disguised queen hunched down behind their cottage, she stood no chance against the angry dwarves as they turned their pick axes upon her in vengeance for their precious Snow White.

The dwarves then set to work constructing a gorgeous crystal coffin worthy of their sweet friend, laying her to rest in her favorite wild flower filled clearing deep in the forest, where they could visit her every single day after work.
Days passed and then a miracle happened, a handsome prince by the name of Florian was riding through the forest when he spotted Snow White's glittering crystal coffin, seven drawves knelt in front of it in mourning.

The prince slid down from his horse and approached, mesmerized by the breathtaking young beauty within, his heart broke as the dwarves explained to the prince what had happened to the beautiful maiden.
He made a single request to the dwarves, that he should be able to send the lovely princess off to the hereafter with a kiss of love, for his heart had been captured.

Deciding it couldn't hurt to grant the prince his request, the dwarves opened up the lid to Snow White's crystal resting place and allowed him to approach and say his sweet goodbye.
However... the moment the prince's lips touched the cool lips of Snow White, a soft warm breeze swirled around the clearing and Snow White's eyelids slowly fluttered open, a gentle smile curving her lips... standing above her was the prince from the dreams she'd had in this cursed sleep... he had come after all to save her...

Snow White and her prince were immediately married, no couple in all the land was happier or more in love... but this beautiful romance... it was not to last...

Her beloved husband and king, her sweet Florian... he was slain in battle against a risen foe by the name of Rumplestilskin... leaving the young queen with a deep ache in her heart and thirst for vengeance! She would accept nothing less than Rumple's head rolling across the ground, just like he'd done to her darling Florian...

Sexual Stuff: I am totally on board to have Snow White enter into a new romance, her wounded heart could use some healing that can only come from love.

My big no no's are all included in my o/o's in the link on my signature, along with my on's.

Snow White is heterosexual and is not open to threesomes, she's a one man only commitment type of girl.

Story-Related Suggestions: I'd love to see the attraction to Snow White that Rumple had in the movie, but it's by no means a requirement, I can totally live without it, would simply be fun is all.

Appearance (please identify face claims where possible): Kikolondon of Deviantart

Norsegod1839

Mathim if I can still grab Frankenstein I'll work on the character sheet today!

Norsegod1839

Player Name: Norse God
Character Name/Identity: Frankenstein A.K.A Frank
Tale(s) of Origin: Frankenstein Or The Modern Prometheus
Alignment: Neutral Good (Prefers not to get involved but almost always finds he has to)
Abilities:

Extremely-dense skin and muscle tissue, which render him highly resistant to physical injury. Very little hurts him and it takes extreme circumstances to wind or get him to feel anything. Even when he does it get hurt he rarely feels it which can be a help or a hindrance. Perhaps due to his past the only thing he can feel is heat and fire.

As a side effect of coming back from the dead Frankenstein can see the dead and hear them... which annoys him greatly.

Powerful strength Frankenstein can lift up to twenty times his own weight.

Skills: Frank is a survivor and has lasted as long as he could with his strength and wits alone. He's a brawler and is traditionally trained as a boxer.

Backstory: The story of Frank is one of Gothic terror and sadness. What he was before he was reborn is entirely unknown. He remembers nothing of the afterlife either and what awaits us after death.

He was (re)born in Frankenstein castle under the machinations of one Doctor Victor Frankenstein and his lab assistant Igor. Using a combination of technology and magic Doctor Frankenstein was able to pluck Frank from the afterlife and into the body he stitched together for him. He coined the term "soul transference" and claimed that with time and funding he might be able to refine the process potentially. Unfortunate for the Doctor the people in the area where he was set up were a superstitious lot who didn't take kindly to grave robbing. It was Igor that actually ratted him out the second the doctor managed to complete his experiment. The sight of the creature terrified him and he considered it to be so unholy that god himself would punish Igor if he allowed such an abomination to walk the Earth.

Whether or not Doctor Frankenstein was a pioneer or a mad man will never be known. He died the night of Frank's birth killed by the assault towns people.  Frank confused and unknown slipped away as the castle was burnt to the ground. He never returned to that area and instead wandered as the centuries passed.

Most of his story or at least the important bits of it regard Harlem. Frank immigrated to New York City at the turn of the century looking for a better life. He found not so much a better life but a reason to live in Harlem. The people of Harlem looked like him and to an extent accepted him as one of their own. He became a leader in their community protecting them and working to keep the neighborhood safe. No one ever found out who he was but a small section knew of his unique powers. When the time came for him to leave he refused and faded into the history of Harlem as its silent protector. To this day he works in the shadows and every one knows of the "protector of Harlem" even if they don't know who he is.

Personality: At best Frank is a reserved gentle giant. He isn't one for talking and prefers to speak through his actions. He's a community man having settled in the bronx and acting as the areas silent protector. Frank believes in helping people who can't help themselves and will do anything for that belief.

Orientation: Straight

Appearance: Frank stands at six five and weighs 250 pounds. Over the years he's found himself in a few different body types as he's had to compensate for dead flesh and or diseases. While Frank is very much alive not every part of him is. His head, torso, and the top half of his thighs and hips are of original flesh and were brought back with magic and steam technology. His legs, arms, and various body parts (Ears, Nose) ect are parts he has taken over the years. He's always tried to keep everything the same flesh colored tone. Race wise he looks black and that's how he identifies. Hair of any kind does not grow on him. He has strong handsome features and when he wears his usual attire of coat shirt and jeans one would even call him handsome. Stitches adorn his body like tattoos all of various age. He has sockets where his nipples once were and his sides have zippers to access the machinery inside of him.

Mathim

Quote from: LamentingQuill on June 05, 2018, 07:26:33 PM
Character Name/Identity: Snow White
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Tale of Origin: Snow White and the Seven Drawfs
Alignment: Neutral good {She'll do whatever needs to be done for the sake of the kingdom, a tyrant like her stepmother will never be tolerated again}
Ability(ies):

Song- When she sings, her voice is lovely and enchanting that animals of all kinds are drawn to her presence she can then request of them to her. However the animals in question cannot be any more than a mile distance away or they will not hear her sing.

Animal speech- Snow White can understand what animals are saying. Insects, aquatic denizens and reptiles are harder to understand than mammals, she has no idea why.

Daggers- All the dagger and knife lessons the huntsman gave her make Snow White no helpless damsel. She is lethal in a dagger/knife fight.

Agility- Snow White is swift and agile on her feet, years of training and practice has made speed and grace as natural as breathing to the fair princess.

Weaknesses: Insomnia- After the sleeping curse cast upon her by her stepmother, Snow White doesn't have such an easy time sleeping anymore, always terrified she will be trapped in the world of sleep once again. She gets sleep, just probably not as much as she should be getting.

Personality:

To friends- Snow White is gentle and kind to those close enough to her to be called her friend, her compassion and capacity for love are limitless, there is no lengths she won't go to in order to lift the spirits of or protect her loved ones.

Having experienced the loss of loved ones before, Snow White is highly, highly protective, she refuses to ever again risk something happening to anyone she cares about ever again, she will not hesitate to act if there no other possible non-violent alternative.

A lover of nature and animals, Snow White adores to spend most of her times in the royal gardens and the edges of the nearby forest to be with her animal friends.

To enemies (evil individuals)- Snow White will not tolerate the dark of heart, she will not suffer their wickedness or allow them to do harm to anyone around her if she had the breath left in her to do something about it. She could be open to helping a willing individual reform, but she would be highly suspicious until she knows for certain whether or not it's real.

For the truly wicked, Snow White would be ruthless and determined to stop them before they could harm any  more good innocent people than they may already have.

To strangers- Having experienced what happens when you too readily completely trust a stranger, Snow White has logically become a little bit more stand offish than she used to be, though she is not quite to the point of cold or stoic. She would simply be very cautious, though polite and willing to be convinced of ones trustworthiness.

History and Backstory:

Lovely Snow White, so beautiful that she earned the deep seeded hatred of her vain stepmother... something that would alter Snow White's life forever.

She always suspected her stepmother had something to do with it when her father suddenly fell ill and died, the woman struck her as too power hungry and ambitious, not to mention that she never really showed her father the tender love she always felt should be present in a marriage...

Her suspicions of her stepmother proved correct when the woman ordered her huntsman to take her out deep into the forest and carve out her heart, all because the queen's magic mirror declared Snow White to be the fairest of all maidens... taking from the queen her coveted desire to rule as the most beautiful woman in all the land...

However, once they were deep in the forest and the huntsman raised his dagger, his heart swelled with all the tender affection from watching this sweet young woman grow up and he realized... he could not do this...
Instead, he told the princess everything and together they devised a plan, he would carve out the heart of boar and take it back to the queen and Snow White would be free to escape and live her life wherever she so chose. The huntsman even took the time to return the forest several times to give Snow White lessons in using daggers to their fullest potential, ensuring the princess at least stood a chance in this world at defending herself.

However, this was not clever enough to evade the wicked queen... with the help of the magic mirror, the queen discovered the heart brought before her was not that of Snow White, but the heart of a pig! She had been tricked!
The queen had the huntsman executed for his treachery and immediately put plans in motion to take care of the lovely Snow White herself.

Three times she tried, first with an enchanted sash that nearly squeezed Snow White to death before her seven small friends arrived to cut it off of her, the second time was poison comb that drugged the princess into a slumber, but again her dwarf friends arrived home just in time to pull the comb from her hair before it was too late. Finally, deciding play time was over, the queen poisoned an apple and disquised herself as a frail kindly old woman whom was lost in the woods.

Snow White, with her kind and tender heart, was sympathetic to what she thought was a frightened old woman and invited her inside, accepting the old woman's offer to split one of the apple's in her basket in thanks for the kind hopsitality in her moment of fear.
Far too trusting, Snow White bit into the apple and immediately fell into a death-like sleep, a sleep so deep that the dwarves would believe she was truly dead, the princess would likely starve to death before anyone discovered the truth.

Satisfied with her work, the queen left the dwarves cottage just in time to hide around back as the dwarves were arriving home from the mine, their wails of despair filling the cottage as they believed their beloved princess was truly struck down this time by her jealous stepmother.
Enraged, the dwarves immediately left the cottage and soon found the disguised queen hunched down behind their cottage, she stood no chance against the angry dwarves as they turned their pick axes upon her in vengeance for their precious Snow White.

The dwarves then set to work constructing a gorgeous crystal coffin worthy of their sweet friend, laying her to rest in her favorite wild flower filled clearing deep in the forest, where they could visit her every single day after work.
Days passed and then a miracle happened, a handsome prince by the name of Florian was riding through the forest when he spotted Snow White's glittering crystal coffin, seven drawves knelt in front of it in mourning.

The prince slid down from his horse and approached, mesmerized by the breathtaking young beauty within, his heart broke as the dwarves explained to the prince what had happened to the beautiful maiden.
He made a single request to the dwarves, that he should be able to send the lovely princess off to the hereafter with a kiss of love, for his heart had been captured.

Deciding it couldn't hurt to grant the prince his request, the dwarves opened up the lid to Snow White's crystal resting place and allowed him to approach and say his sweet goodbye.
However... the moment the prince's lips touched the cool lips of Snow White, a soft warm breeze swirled around the clearing and Snow White's eyelids slowly fluttered open, a gentle smile curving her lips... standing above her was the prince from the dreams she'd had in this cursed sleep... he had come after all to save her...

Snow White and her prince were immediately married, no couple in all the land was happier or more in love... but this beautiful romance... it was not to last...

Her beloved husband and king, her sweet Florian... he was slain in battle against a risen foe by the name of Rumplestilskin... leaving the young queen with a deep ache in her heart and thirst for vengeance! She would accept nothing less than Rumple's head rolling across the ground, just like he'd done to her darling Florian...

Sexual Stuff: I am totally on board to have Snow White enter into a new romance, her wounded heart could use some healing that can only come from love.

My big no no's are all included in my o/o's in the link on my signature, along with my on's.

Snow White is heterosexual and is not open to threesomes, she's a one man only commitment type of girl.

Story-Related Suggestions: I'd love to see the attraction to Snow White that Rumple had in the movie, but it's by no means a requirement, I can totally live without it, would simply be fun is all.

Appearance (please identify face claims where possible): Kikolondon of Deviantart

Aww, I miss the old pic. It used to be Kristen Kreuk, right?

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on June 05, 2018, 07:46:20 PM
Player Name: Norse God
Character Name/Identity: Frankenstein A.K.A Frank
Tale(s) of Origin: Frankenstein Or The Modern Prometheus
Alignment: Neutral Good (Prefers not to get involved but almost always finds he has to)
Abilities:

Extremely-dense skin and muscle tissue, which render him highly resistant to physical injury. Very little hurts him and it takes extreme circumstances to wind or get him to feel anything. Even when he does it get hurt he rarely feels it which can be a help or a hindrance. Perhaps due to his past the only thing he can feel is heat and fire.

As a side effect of coming back from the dead Frankenstein can see the dead and hear them... which annoys him greatly.

Powerful strength Frankenstein can lift up to twenty times his own weight.

Skills: Frank is a survivor and has lasted as long as he could with his strength and wits alone. He's a brawler and is traditionally trained as a boxer.

Backstory: Feel free to deviate from the norm to fit how you want to play the character as long as the core doesn't change so much that their ability wouldn't make sense. But you are welcome to change heroic characters to villains if you can make it work. The last bit should show their reaction to Rumplestiltskin declaring his violent intention to conquer the world's kingdoms and recruit other brutes and monsters to his ranks.

Personality: At best Frank is a reserved gentle giant. He isn't one for talking and prefers to speak through his actions. He's a community man having settled in the bronx and acting as the areas silent protector. Frank believes in helping people who can't help themselves and will do anything for that belief.

Appearance: Frank stands at six five and weighs 250 pounds. Over the years he's found himself in a few different body types as he's had to compensate for dead flesh and or diseases. While Frank is very much alive not every part of him is. His head, torso, and the top half of his thighs and hips are of original flesh and were brought back with magic and steam technology. His legs, arms, and various body parts (Ears, Nose) ect are parts he has taken over the years. He's always tried to keep everything the same flesh colored tone. Race wise he looks black and that's how he identifies. Hair of any kind does not grow on him. He has strong handsome features and when he wears his usual attire of coat shirt and jeans one would even call him handsome. Stitches adorn his body like tattoos all of various age. He has sockets where his nipples once were and his sides have zippers to access the machinery inside of him.

Just need the backstory filled in and some pics to complete it and you're good.

Norsegod1839

I somehow missed that part! Though I'll have to think on pics the closest in my head is kind of Luke Cage they were kind of my mashup character.

I also contemplated a Wolferine/ Wolf Man mash up.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mathim on June 05, 2018, 09:28:16 PM
Aww, I miss the old pic. It used to be Kristen Kreuk, right?

Just need the backstory filled in and some pics to complete it and you're good.

I can put it back, I just thought a change might be good.

Mathim

LOL, it's just personal preference on my part, but it's your character, dear. I do like the change of wardrobe on the new girl.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mathim on June 05, 2018, 11:02:45 PM
LOL, it's just personal preference on my part, but it's your character, dear. I do like the change of wardrobe on the new girl.

I found some really good Kristen Kreuk as Snow White images that appeased my picky nature, hehe.

dshadow

I am excited to see the relationship between Frank and Drac.

Norsegod1839

Mathim

Norsegod1839

I had an idea of a mashup of Wolverine and the wolfman Mathim if you're permitting multiple characters.

And by mashup I just mean taking the two ideas and merging them together not making a wolf man version of Logan.

Fury Aphrodisia

Nailed it!

Player Name: Fury Aphrodesia
Character Name/Identity: Kitaka Tori (Kit)/ The Fox
Tale(s) of Origin: Are you kidding  me? Kit the Kitsune gets no credit.
Alignment: Chaotic undecided
Abilities:
Shapeshifting - Any fox worth her salt can shift between the human and the canidae forms.
Foxfire - Like a squid's ink, a fox can put up a wall of flame when being pursued or cornered. They can also launch fire, or simply leave a trail of it in their wake. This mild pyromancy only lasts a few seconds and burns much, much cooler than other fires. It's enough to begin a blaze, but on it's own, largely just a party trick. If left without fuel, the fire burns out a few seconds after flaring into life. Will burn the skin, but do little enough actual damage, other than causing a momentary flash of pain.
Illusions- Able to conjure minor glamours and illusions of various sorts, the fox is most easily able to change it's own appearance-related traits, but has been known to disguise people, objects and even buildings if need be. This seriously exhausts the fox, however.

Skills: Trickery of all sorts is open to the fox-folk, and as such there are very few deceptions they cannot see through to some extent. While mental and physical trickery is rarely so effective on them as on others, emotional manipulations aren't outside the realm of possibility. As a gifted runner, the preparations, natural flight patterns and crafty tricks of hiding and seeking are a special forte for Kit.

Backstory: The stories of Kitsune range far and wide in these modern eras, and just a little too late. Once upon a time, the land was filled with them, ready to spill over into neighbouring territories at the first sign of international acceptance, but by the time that cue came, there were few Kitsune left at all.

The hide of a kitsune are said to bring good fortune on those who have taken it, and naturally removes the Kitsune from being able to contribute to the gene pool any longer. Throughout history, the hides of foxes have been taken to ensure the good luck of the hunter and the decimation of her people. As far as she knows, Kit is the last Kitsune.

Kitaka isn't her original name - that name has long past into history. Instead, she has changed it many times in the almost four-hundred years she has been on this planet. She is the proud owner of three lovely tails, though she generally keeps these hidden and for good reason. A few hundred years ago, stories of her trickery and exploits began to surface in the form of tales that, thankfully, botched her description in every possible way. Sometimes she was merely a talking fox, or sometimes she was male. Sometimes she was the nobility of some foreign land, sometimes she managed to trick others into believing that she was one of their own. Very few people know that the reason for her frustration and her overall bad attitude is that she's sick of being blamed as a malicious trickster when it's really the fault of the people who didn't listen to her, after all.

She falls under neither category, neither Inari nor Yako, which made her an outcast even before the hunting of Kitsune hunted them nearly to extinction. These days, she is obsessed with hiding in the shadows, watching the unfolding of human history and still can't help but to stick out a paw and leave little riddles here and there. Let the clever save themselves and she assuage her guilt by doing the least she possibly can. It's not her fault if they don't listen, if they get themselves killed.

Not her fault, damnit!

The struggles of others of her caliber mean very little to her, insofar as they often fail to address what's in it for her. Confident in her ability to disappear at a moment's notice and evade capture as long as it takes, she thinks of herself as a powerful ally for any and secretly wonders to what lengths each faction would go in order to gain her loyalties.

Personality: Friends and strangers and enemies are all alike to Kit. They're all part of the workings of a society that helped to cast her out, and her bitterness won't let her leave those feelings behind. The whole world owes her, as far as she's concerned, and she'll take contributions to that price from anyone who crosses her path. Only once your part of the debt is paid does she consider them to be on equal footing, even though her deepest core still has some soft and pliant parts that will yield to circumstances. Children are a special interest to Kit, and she will easily get close to them, but once the wonder of the world has faded from their eyes, she fears that all humans become inherently alike. She's got a chip on her shoulder, and it's pretty damned heavy.

Orientation: All? None? Being unable to nail down her gender, her form, her breed, it's not surprising the stories have failed entirely to pass on her sexuality. Unbeknownst to most, she's largely heterosexual. But she's not above indulging her curiosity, either.

Appearance (please identify face claims where possible):

Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on June 06, 2018, 09:27:44 PM
I had an idea of a mashup of Wolverine and the wolfman Mathim if you're permitting multiple characters.

And by mashup I just mean taking the two ideas and merging them together not making a wolf man version of Logan.

Honestly, I would think using an existing model of a comic book character and adapting their powers into a fairy tale character is the best approach if no other obvious power for someone leaps to mind. I would recommend everyone try to take that path to start with, so yes, that's perfectly fine. Just keep in mind, werewolves/loup garou/whatever you want to call them, aren't an individual entity so they would be just one of many, not a unique thing unless you really set them apart somehow.

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on June 06, 2018, 09:38:58 PM
Nailed it!

Player Name: Fury Aphrodesia
Character Name/Identity: Kitaka Tori (Kit)/ The Fox
Tale(s) of Origin: Are you kidding  me? Kit the Kitsune gets no credit.
Alignment: Chaotic undecided
Abilities:
Shapeshifting - Any fox worth her salt can shift between the human and the canidae forms.
Foxfire - Like a squid's ink, a fox can put up a wall of flame when being pursued or cornered. They can also launch fire, or simply leave a trail of it in their wake. This mild pyromancy only lasts a few seconds and burns much, much cooler than other fires. It's enough to begin a blaze, but on it's own, largely just a party trick. If left without fuel, the fire burns out a few seconds after flaring into life. Will burn the skin, but do little enough actual damage, other than causing a momentary flash of pain.
Illusions- Able to conjure minor glamours and illusions of various sorts, the fox is most easily able to change it's own appearance-related traits, but has been known to disguise people, objects and even buildings if need be. This seriously exhausts the fox, however.

Skills: Trickery of all sorts is open to the fox-folk, and as such there are very few deceptions they cannot see through to some extent. While mental and physical trickery is rarely so effective on them as on others, emotional manipulations aren't outside the realm of possibility. As a gifted runner, the preparations, natural flight patterns and crafty tricks of hiding and seeking are a special forte for Kit.

Backstory: The stories of Kitsune range far and wide in these modern eras, and just a little too late. Once upon a time, the land was filled with them, ready to spill over into neighbouring territories at the first sign of international acceptance, but by the time that cue came, there were few Kitsune left at all.

The hide of a kitsune are said to bring good fortune on those who have taken it, and naturally removes the Kitsune from being able to contribute to the gene pool any longer. Throughout history, the hides of foxes have been taken to ensure the good luck of the hunter and the decimation of her people. As far as she knows, Kit is the last Kitsune.

Kitaka isn't her original name - that name has long past into history. Instead, she has changed it many times in the almost four-hundred years she has been on this planet. She is the proud owner of three lovely tails, though she generally keeps these hidden and for good reason. A few hundred years ago, stories of her trickery and exploits began to surface in the form of tales that, thankfully, botched her description in every possible way. Sometimes she was merely a talking fox, or sometimes she was male. Sometimes she was the nobility of some foreign land, sometimes she managed to trick others into believing that she was one of their own. Very few people know that the reason for her frustration and her overall bad attitude is that she's sick of being blamed as a malicious trickster when it's really the fault of the people who didn't listen to her, after all.

She falls under neither category, neither Inari nor Yako, which made her an outcast even before the hunting of Kitsune hunted them nearly to extinction. These days, she is obsessed with hiding in the shadows, watching the unfolding of human history and still can't help but to stick out a paw and leave little riddles here and there. Let the clever save themselves and she assuage her guilt by doing the least she possibly can. It's not her fault if they don't listen, if they get themselves killed.

Not her fault, damnit!

The struggles of others of her caliber mean very little to her, insofar as they often fail to address what's in it for her. Confident in her ability to disappear at a moment's notice and evade capture as long as it takes, she thinks of herself as a powerful ally for any and secretly wonders to what lengths each faction would go in order to gain her loyalties.

Personality: Friends and strangers and enemies are all alike to Kit. They're all part of the workings of a society that helped to cast her out, and her bitterness won't let her leave those feelings behind. The whole world owes her, as far as she's concerned, and she'll take contributions to that price from anyone who crosses her path. Only once your part of the debt is paid does she consider them to be on equal footing, even though her deepest core still has some soft and pliant parts that will yield to circumstances. Children are a special interest to Kit, and she will easily get close to them, but once the wonder of the world has faded from their eyes, she fears that all humans become inherently alike. She's got a chip on her shoulder, and it's pretty damned heavy.

Orientation: All? None? Being unable to nail down her gender, her form, her breed, it's not surprising the stories have failed entirely to pass on her sexuality. Unbeknownst to most, she's largely heterosexual. But she's not above indulging her curiosity, either.

Appearance (please identify face claims where possible):

Did you find that in one of the thread links I provided or elsewhere? If the latter, I'd love to get a link to it so I can have a more comprehensive list of games to look back through.

LamentingQuill

Character Name/Identity: Azula, the Blue Fairy

Tale(s) of Origin: Pinnochio
Alignment: Lawful Good.

Abilities/Skills:
-Arcane mastery- Azula has used her centuries of existence well and mastered the arcane, she is ALMOST a match in magic for Rumpelstiltskin. ALMOST, but not quite.
The blue fairy does not require spoken incantations or spells to do her magic, she is one with the arcane and it bends to her will without opposition.
-Soul sight- Azula has the ability to peer into an individuals soul and see them for the type of person they truly are, this becomes more difficult with other magically inclined individuals, but not impossible. It is a much more simple matter when the subject is willing.
-The Blue Gift- For a truly deserving and pure of heart individual, Azula has the ability to grant ONE of their hearts greatest desires. The Gift would instantly reject a would-be receiver with an evil heart.

Backstory: 

Azula is one of the fairies dedicated to doing good and rewarding those of good and noble hearts.
She met Snow White not long after the young queen's beloved husband was murdered by Rumpelstiltskin... the imp was growing in power and things were just going to get worse and worse if something was not done about it, so it made sense to quickly throw in her lot with the side of good... headed by the queen so beautiful that even Rumblestiltskin took notice.

After meeting her, it didn't take long for Azula to find that Snow White was far more than just her legendary beauty, she found a clever and strong determined young woman, one that refused to buckle or give up, even when she felt afraid. She saw a leader in Snow White, she saw someone capable of encouraging and inspiring those brave enough to flock to her side to never ever stop fighting, to never submit to the wicked.

In Azula's experience and observations... it was very easy to give in to evil, it was easy to allow those lines to be blown away and let selfishness drive you... oh so terribly easy and alluring...

It took someone with true strength and conviction of ones values to look the darkness in the eyes and adamantly reject it. Something Snow White had done repeatedly throughout her young life.

This... this stuck out to fairies, in a very good way. Which spurred fairy approval to participate in this war.

Azula went to the other rainbow fairies and asked of them to send a representative to support the side of good in this war... to stand beside Snow White.
The rainbow fairies agreed and elected Azula to be their representative in retrospect of all the good she had done among mortal-kind, it made sense to them that Azula be the one among them chosen to go to Snow White.

Personality:

Azula is a very loving and cheerful fairy, she loves life and adores humanity, nothing give this fairy greater joy than spreading joy and watching lives change for the better.

She is very protective of friend and highly open minded when it comes to strangers, always believing that if you let them... people will always surprise you. Sometimes in bad ways, sometimes in good ways, but you'll never know if you don't give them the chance to show you.

Azula is reluctant, so to speak, when it comes to enemies, she understands that there comes a time when one must rise up and take a stand to stop a terrible menace, but... she still laments for them, wonders when they took that wrong turn in life, why it happened and how things could have otherwise been different,

Mortals are so very complicated...

Orientation: Heterosexual

Fury Aphrodisia

Did you find that in one of the thread links I provided or elsewhere? If the latter, I'd love to get a link to it so I can have a more comprehensive list of games to look back through.

I have to be honest, I don't know of any thread links you provided, just took your advice and searched my own name along with "Avengers Grimm" and that post came up. I can still post the link if you'd like?

Mathim

Sure, but that actually is a great idea since my name will be connected to all previous games. I might find even more names to add to the master list.

Norsegod1839

Player Name: Nosegod

Character Name/Identity: The Wolf Man (James Adhemar)

Tale(s) of Origin: The Wolf Man

Alignment: Neutral Good

Abilities:

Enhanced Regenerative Ability:

His primary magical power is an accelerated healing process, that regenerates damaged or destroyed tissues of his body far beyond the capabilities of an ordinary human. In addition to accelerated healing of physical traumas, James healing factor makes him extraordinarily resistant to diseases, drugs, and toxins. However, he can still suffer the immediate effects of such substances in massive quantities; he has been shown to become intoxicated after ingesting significant amounts of alcohol, and has been incapacitated on several occasions with large amounts of powerful drugs and poisons.

His healing factor also dramatically affects his aging process, allowing him to live far beyond the normal lifespan of a human. Despite being born in the late 18th century, he has the appearance, conditioning, health, and vitality of a man in his physical prime. While seemingly ageless, it is unknown exactly how greatly his healing factor extends his life expectancy

James magical ability also consists of animal-like adaptations of his body, including pronounced, and sharp fang-like canines and three retractable claws housed within each forearm. The claws are a natural part of his body. The claws are made of keratin, as claws tend to be in the animal kingdome. James hands do not have openings for the claws to move through: they cut through his flesh every time he extrudes them, with occasional references implying that he feels a brief moment of slight pain in his hands when he unsheathes them. During his research into his condition, James found that there are channels inside his forearms through which the claws move when he extrudes them, and that he unsheathes the claws a few times a day to keep the channels open, similar to pierced ears.

James senses of sight, smell, and hearing are all superhumanly acute. He can see with perfect clarity at greater distances than an ordinary human, even in near-total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to both hear sounds ordinary humans cannot and also hear to greater distances. James is able to use his sense of smell to track targets by scent, even if the scent has been eroded somewhat over time by natural factors. This sense also allows him to identify shapeshifting magic to an extent. He is also able to use his senses of smell and hearing, through concentration, as a type of natural lie detector, such as detecting a faint change in a person's heartbeat and scent due to perspiration when a lie is told

Skills:

Primarily his skills are based on his natural weapons. He is an experienced fighter and uses the claws the can protrude out of his body to attack. He's got an aversion to magic (Like he's allergic) and so relies on brute force and natural speed and strength.

Backstory: James Adhemar was born to a wealthy logging magistrate in Ontario Canada. His father who inherited the logging company from his successful strict father was not a good man. He was a heavy drinker and physically abusive to James mother, older brother, and himself. James was something of a hot head as well and constantly fought his father to try and protect his family. As his father made more and more poor business decisions the expansive logging company dwindled in size and scope. This of course only furthered his fathers depression and anger.

Anger he was more than willing to take out on his family.

James and his brother John took to spending more time out in the woods around their family estates. They explored their woods heavily sometimes staying out late in the night to keep from having to go home. The ravines that dotted the forest were of particular interest to the young boys. They hunted for fossils and tried to find evidence of the mystical tribe that was said to reside in the forest. The tribe was long rumored and practically legendary in the area though whether they were instinct or not was highly debated.

On John tenth birthday their father came back to the house in a particularly bad mood. He was ranting and raving brandishing a revolver and drunk out of his mind. The fight that happened from there ended with James and his father wrestling for control of the gun. Two shots came first and to this day John isn't sure if it was his finger or his fathers that led to his mother and younger brother dead. James entire life changed in that instance his anger turning to grief as the two of them bled out on the floor of the manor.

His father blamed him and him alone for the murders. He turned on his son shooting him in the head before fleeing the family home. What happened next defied imagination and reality. James found himself in a version of the forest that was far more ancient and powerful than the one he grew up exploring. A part of it seemed familiar to him but also dangerous and primal. It was there he met the black wolf spirit the tribal god of the mythical forest people. The wolf called him a friend of the tribe and asked him if he wanted the power to get revenge on his father. James said yes and agreed to enter a pack with the wolf.

He awoke naked in the forest and alive. The only evidence of the gun shot to his head was a scar. It was the only scar that remained on his body. He spent months in the forest learning his abilities and eventually finding and meeting the mythical tribe. He was called their god and when his father finally dared come back to the mansion they were waiting for him along with John.

His revenge finished he buried his mother and brother and set out to find his destiny.

Personality: James is a drifter type and while he has no problem around people (and is actually quite sociable) he reveals nothing about his past. He lives life in excess and is known to drift from small town to small town before the men in the town get tired of him and run him out. He's quick to joke take risks and other wise piss people off. The wolf in him always tries to be Alpha which leads to him being competitive and cocky. 

Appearance: James is a short stocky man with a muscular chiseled body. He likes to joke that he would be tall, dark, and handsome if he was tall. He stands at about 5'5 on a good day and some time uses hiking boots to compensate. His black hair is trimmed short though over the years he has sometimes worn it long to show age. He has a permanent five O clock shadow and has to shave daily to keep it down. He has that problem with the rest of his body as well and tries to keep it all maintained even though it annoys him greatly. His eyes are a feral green, his skin tan and his body muscular.