Borderlands Interest Check (Update! Need one more female character!)

Started by BassBX, December 05, 2013, 01:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassBX

Okay, so I would like to do a group game on Borderlands. As of this moment, to kind of keep with the game's premise, there will only be three slots open since only four players are allowed in the game at once.

We will follow the events of the first game for now, because I still need to beat BL2 to get all the story details. But for those of you who haven't played much, don't worry! I'm sure others (myself included) will be able to fill you in!

So let's see....looking for one male and two female characters. TO keep it interesting.

It will be a freeform kind of game, with no real system used. If you take the time to explain it to me, I might consider using a system. Maybe.

Here are the character slots!

1. Jakob Helios (BassBX)
2. Rohn Jambo (giantmutantcrab)
3. Seras Isaacs (Frozen Star)

Come on! I know people are out there! The Vault is real, and we can find it!

Cold Heritage

I am interested in taking that free male slot. I am pretty well-versed in Borderlands: according to Steam I've logged 154 hours in the first and 351 in the second. However I am by no means a lore-purist or guru and am completely amenable to altering or omitting anything that makes for a more inclusive and fun game.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Brittlby

I want one of the female slots. Give me a sheet! I need to be on this team. I'm up for playing one of the undiscovered two sirens, with a heavy focus on sniping skills / remote viewing.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Vercile

I am interested! *Waves and Ticks interested box for Female Position*

Giantmutantcrab

Hello!

If a slot opens up for that other male character, let me know.  I'd love to get a chance to play Brick again.  Who wouldn't want a huge, muscular, burly mountain of a man in their team.  :)

BassBX

Okay, so Cold Heritage, Brittleby, and Frozen Star are my candidates! Here is the sheet!

Name: (First and Last)
Alias(If applicable)
Class:
Physical appearance:
Hair:
Eyes:
Personality:
History:
Weapon Specialty:
Starting Equipment:
Sexuality:

And that's all I can think up!

Vercile

Player: Frozen Star                                                                         
Name: Seras Isaacs
Alias: Killamity Jane
Class: Psycho
Physical appearance: (Below)
Eyes: Blue
Personality: For the most part, Seras is the silent type. Not really getting involved with anyone, she's definitely the loner type, though when she has to she will team up with others.
                    She's actually quite pleasant, carefree... until someone gets on her bad side. When someone or something aggravates her, Seras will go ballistic. Her motto is something no one's ever
                    heard, either because they don't survive to spread the word or because the sound of her guns blazing makes it inaudible. She's really a Bi-Polar nut-case.
History: History to be explained through Role Playing
Weapon Speciality: Pistols, Fists
Starting Equipment: Fury & Rage (Dual Wield Pistols), Fine Revolver.
Sexuality: Bi-Curious

Appearance:

BassBX

BassBX

Name: Jakob Helios
Alias: Shadow
Class: Assassin
Personality: Jakob may seem from first impression that he is cold and dismissive, but once you get to know him, he is a strong willed, brave man with a heart of gold. He gets a bit talkative when weapons are part of the conversation, tending to ramble on about his favorite weapon manufacturer. That quirk aside, he gets quiet and shy, and even blushes, when he is flirted with by pretty women.
History: His history is a complete blank. He woke up on a starship headed to Pandora.
Weapon Specialty: Shotguns, blades, and snipers.
Starting Equipment: Angel's Fury (Sword), An Atlas Shotgun, and a Maliwan fire element sniper rifle.
Sexuality: Straight

Physical appearance:

Giantmutantcrab

Player: Giantmutantcrab
Name: Rohn Jambo (yes, it is a pun.  Yes, you just switch the first letter from each name.)
Class: Shock trooper
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Personality: Thousand-yard stare.  Likes knives.  Worked for Atlas.
History: To be revealed through RP.
Weapon Specialty: He is profecient in all weapons, but prefers assault rifles, explosives and stealth weapons
Starting Equipment: Bow & arrows, combat knife, Dahl combat rifle.
Sexuality: Straight...?
Apperance:

BassBX

Brittlby

Name: Hitzel Schusswunde
Alias(If applicable) Lieutenant Hex
Class: Siren
Hair: Lavender
Eyes: Yellow

Personality:

With a severe substance abuse habit, she has an admitted addiction to liquor, nicotine, illicit narcotics, licit pharmaceuticals, pez, eridium and vintage sci-fi. Not technically military trained, she has watched all 6 seasons of "Interstellar Combat Romance" and all but one of the movies. She feels this adequately qualifies her to speak in all matters of strategery and diplomacy (as well as being informed of military law as it pertains to oral sex between officers).

While she is not in fact qualified in any of these matters, (nor is her self awarded rank as lieutenant by any stretch of the imagination legitimate) she is one of the most dangerous snipers on Pandora. Without moral compass aside from hedonism and greed, she is a complete stranger to the concept of remorse. She is a vicious killer with no concept of mercy wrapped in a sugar coating of delusions of grandeur.

Huh, when you put it like that, maybe she is qualified to speak on military matters.

... possibly over qualified.

History:

There are those who argue that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but those people are feeble minded twonks. Hired on by Hyperion fresh out of a Granotia sweat shop at the age of 8, Hitzel was put to work as an efficiency auditor for their accuracy improving software. Hyperion is all about accuracy and she had a natural aptitude for hyper-geometry algorithms that bordered on supernatural.

It was only as she hit her late teens that they were forced to terminate her contract, as she began to return algorithm tests that no one else could duplicate, even with the classified levels of Hyperion aiming correction software. It was suggested she falsified her studies, as one report in particular involved an accurate kill shot two miles away, in which the entry wound came from the opposite direction.

The fact of the matter was, her perceptions had increased to such a point, she was no longer limited by the petty constrains of distance and mass. Retiring on Pandora at the age of 16 with a fat pension, she managed to squander it all on booze, drugs and sex toys by the time she was 17 and a half. Given that she had no other skills and no interest in gaining more, she put herself to the task of shooting people.

She is notorious throughout Pandora in equal parts for her deadly skills and her appalling laziness, with a hundred percent kill record and record breaking 132 consecutive hours of television viewing (minus beer runs and bathroom breaks). You want someone dead, she wants someone to pay her cable bill.

It's win-win, right?

Weapon Specialty: Sniper rifle, Rocket Launcher

Starting Equipment: Jakobs Sniper Rifle (Razreg Droog), Bandit Rocket Launcher (Roket Pawkeet Zooka!), Maliwan Corrosive Spike Shield (Impaler)

Sexuality: Bisexual, with a strong leaning towards women. They also say she has an unsettling relationship with her Rifle...

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

Vercile

Wow brittlby, I love your chaarcter!! <3

And Rohn is looking smexy ~.^

BassBX

Alright! We have all of our charries! Is everyone ready to start?

Giantmutantcrab

Did you want to start it off, Bass?  If you're not feeling like it, or are busy, I could always smack up the intro post for ya.

I love Borderlands, and can't wait to see how this is gonna roll out.  We basically have all four classes, just with cooler characters.  :)

I love brittlby's avatar picture.   *winks, makes the "call me" sign*

And Frozen Star, I can't WAIT to see your psycho chick at work.  *grin*

Bass, sir, you win +5 internet swag.

BassBX

Go ahead and do the opening. And don't forget we're on Marcus' bus!

Vercile

^_^ Can't wait, could someone link me once we get rolling. As I am ready and rocking to roll.

BassBX

Okay, so someone approached me with an offer for being some NPCs. Now I see no problem for it. Maybe he can co-GM as well? What do you guys think?

Vercile

I think that's a great idea! And thank him for his/her participation!

Vercile

Considering alternate looks for my character, opinions?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Giantmutantcrab

Well...  I like both of them, for different reasons.

The first alt. character looks much more seductive and sultry in her approach.  Whereas the "original" picture gives her a rough, rugged edge.

The second picture...  Well, a hot chick with legs that stretch up to the moon is always a winning situation.  :P

Giantmutantcrab

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191792.0

Ok, I suggest that we all write in the cool little intro scene for each character.  Then, I'll mop up the intro, give over the reins to Bass, and we'll start kicking ass and looting corpses.  :)

BassBX

Alrighty then! I'll post next! And I'll get the guy on board!

BassBX

The second alt. look is full of sexy win!

BassBX

Okay, guys. Prosak is going to join as our Co-GM and as the NPCs! Let's give him a warm welcome!

Giantmutantcrab

*whistles, throws Prosak a bouquet of flowers, stadium-wide applause*

BassBX

Ha ha. By the way, Giant, great opener! I'm pretty sure it followed all the dialogue perfectly!

Giantmutantcrab

*feels shy for a second*  Thanks...  Initially, I thought about actually writing the intro for all four characters, but suddenly slapped myself in the back of head, because the LAST thing I want to do is god-mode all other RP partners in a group RP.  I went to sit in the corner for a few minutes, and then came back.

But yeah, I can just hope it was good enough for you guyz and galz.

Also, brittlby, where have you been all my RP life?  O_O  The intro of the sultry, slutty gun-bunny almost dropping her duct-taped rocket-launching sniper rifle and giving us a double nip slip in the intro post?  *kisses your hand* I can only thank you, m'lady, and hope that Lt. Hexxx (yes, there's a reason why I wrote in three X's) isn't so much into women that she'll pass up an opportunity for a little tussle with my Rhonny mac.

Brittlby

Gotta vogue for the camera. Lol.

O/O

BassBX

Lol. "bad brain! Go sit in the corner!" That what you were thinking?

And it went perfectly. I'm thinking of adding more to my intro. Feeling out of place with all the awesome intros around me. XD

And I agree, Brittlby. Very sexy. Though...Her cigarettes won't make her breath bad, will it? Cigarette breath turns me away.

Brittlby

I'll be sure not to mention it in post?

O/O

BassBX

How about they're special "homemade" cigarettes? Ones that don''t give bad breath? I wanna compromise.

Giantmutantcrab

*shoves BassBX outta the way*

Are you kidding, son?  With a body like that, she can have all the bad breath in the word.  Rohn'll toss her one of these;

http://oldies.s3.amazonaws.com/i/boxart/large/a-z/u/upg-0103.jpg?v=3

Brittlby

Considerably more pressing than my bad breath, do we wish to flesh out our abilities? Im not saying a skill tree, so much as clearing up what our new classes do.

O/O

Giantmutantcrab

Hmmm...  I think maybe just creating / stealing one ability could be nice.  I was thinking that my dude would have some form of Gunserker; he pulls off his shirt, fires an endless stream of bullets, and is somehow able to hit foes even if he's just waving his gun back and forth.  And make stuff explode.  "Action movie superstar", I think I'll call it.  :)

Brittlby

We need an ooc post, incidentally. Lol.

That having been said. I'm sticking with the interdimensional siren powers, going with "Phase Gate". Essentially using dimensional portals, dowsing skills and bitching natural aptitude for physics/ geometry to pull off crazy trick shots...

Other side effects of her siren powers include: bitching body tattoos, minor telepathic powers & ... for the delicate members of the group, a distinctly nicotine proof apple cinnamon crumble flavor. Lol.

O/O

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Brittlby on December 09, 2013, 08:13:13 PM
Other side effects of her siren powers include: bitching body tattoos, minor telepathic powers & ... for the delicate members of the group, a distinctly nicotine proof apple cinnamon crumble flavor. Lol.

haha.  Poor BassBX's sensitive tastes will not be hinded by nasty cigarette.  Dun worry though...  Rohn don't care HOW bad her breath is.  ;)

Giantmutantcrab

I think it'll be cool if they have special abilities, but I'm not certain that it's necessary for them to have super-powers like in the game.  Because then we'd have to talk about cooldowns, and effects, and...  It's gonna be complicated.

Oh, and ladies and gentlemen, the introduction is finished.  BassBX, the floor is yours.  And bravo to all three of you for absolutely awesome intros.  *grin*  I am glad to be surrounded by awesome for this RP.

BassBX

Alrighty! I'll post next, and  we'll move from there! Also, I will set up the OOC thread. And don't make fun of me! XD

Giantmutantcrab

So, what order of posting should we keep?  Bass...  then who?

BassBX

Me, then Brittlby, I guess, then Giant, then Frozen. Okay?

Giantmutantcrab

Gotcha.

And sure we'll make fun of you.  It's part of being the GM role.  :)

BassBX

Agh. I shouldn't have offered to be GM! XD

Just kidding. I can take it, as long as you guys are doing it in good fun.

Giantmutantcrab

So basically you're going to set up the action in your post, we react to it in ours, and then you continue.  Like for Claptrap saying hello, no one should just continue with his speech.  We'll just react to him, and follow him into Fyrestone.  Or shoot him.

Right?

BassBX

Hmm. I hadn't thought of it that way. I think that'd be best though. Although when we aren't interacting with canon characters, everyone can do as they please until the next story bit comes in.

Giantmutantcrab

Right-o.  Well, I then suggest that when you do present a new story element (like Claptrap, or Dr. Zed), I think it would help us along if you gave us their whole intro speech in one go.  I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job; I just think that if everyone has a chance to chat it up with the new NPC, we'll be at 15 pages and still haven't left Fyrestone yet.  :P

BassBX

Ooh. Good idea. I'll go fix that.

Giantmutantcrab

Sorry...  The more I re-read what I wrote, I sound like a bossy little prick.  -_-

BassBX

Nonono! It was a reasonable idea! I fixed it and everything!

By the way, I set up the OOC thread.

BassBX

Never mind. Giant, you go next, okay?

Giantmutantcrab

Will do Boss!  I mean Bass!  I mean Boss Bass!

I mean...

...I'll go post. -_-

BassBX

You made me laugh so hard. I appreciate that. It's good to laugh when you are on the final, painful stretch to finish a winter semester at college.

Giantmutantcrab

Sorry to hear about your semester, man.

BassBX

Eh. It's fine. This monday is my final day, so I'm almost done!

Giantmutantcrab

Awesome!

<_<

>_>

*leans in to whisper* Your post, bro.

^_^

BassBX

BassBX

BassBX

Angaroo

Still looking for a female character? I'd be interested in joining if you are.

Giantmutantcrab

Yes.

Yes we would.

Now it's just a question of whether or not we start up at the beginning, or...  wut.