News:

Main Menu

inFamous 2

Started by Callie Del Noire, June 20, 2011, 02:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Anyone else playing this game?

I'm not much into 'being the bad guy' and once I finished the good guy ending, I 'peeked at the bad guy' ending.

Pretty solid story and fairly good gameplay (except for the occasional fight camera glitch)

Still like the exchange between Cole and Zeke (his buddy) inn one ending.

Cole: "Half as long..."
Zeke:"Twice as bright..."

Callie Del Noire

Not a lot of PS3 owners huh? LOL

Sabby

I adored the first, but honestly hated the ending. The last cutscene is not the place to dump exposition for the entire game, ESPECIALLY introducing a new villain with absolutely no explanation at all. I know they planned to move onto that with Infamous 2, but the way it ended would be like if Star Wars: A New Hope had ended with Luke finding his parents skeletons and then having a monologue about how his dad is going to chop his hand off one day, then credits roll.

But yeah, I did love it, and Infamous 2 is on its way in the mail :) Can't wait.

Callie Del Noire

Well I'll hold off till you play it to comment.

Callie Del Noire

Sabby

Won't watch, but I see Zeke is still dressed bizarrely... I suppose he's still annoying and selfish too? I've gone this long without seeing so much as a screen shot or a preview for Infamous 2, I won't cave a day or two before it arrives xD my friend said you get ice and fire powers, but besides that, I honestly know nothing about the game, how it looks or plays or anything at all.

Just the way I like to play it :)

Callie Del Noire

Very little spoiler age. Mostly shows a few of his powers. Otherwise I'd have tagged I as a spoiler

Sabby

Uhm... I didn't say I was avoiding spoilers ^^' I like to play games in the dark. I wanna know as little as possible.

Sabby

...wait, wait, wait, hang on. So... Kessler was Cole from the future. He used his powers to travel back in time, so that he could turn his past self into a better hero. So... if Kessler made the Ray Sphere to use it on Cole, then how did he even get powers in the first place?

That, and if touching a gun or sitting in a car causes explosions, how does he use a phone? xD

Kunoichi

Presumably, the Ray Sphere gets made sooner or later in any timeline.  As such, if Kessler did make it in the game's timeline, then he was just accelerating development of something that would get made eventually, anyway.

As for the phone...  Well, cars and guns both have things in them that can be set off by electrical charges.  Is there anything in a phone that's innately explosive?

Sabby

Well, besides a bad lithium battery, its not exploding I'm worried about, its a sensitive  electronic device held by a being constantly charged with the equivelent of a thunder storm.

And either that, or its Terminator all over again xD Cole gets zapped by Ray Sphere, Cole gets powers, Cole becomes Kessler, Kessler goes back, Kessler invents Ray Sphere, Cole gets zapped by Ray Sphere. Repeat endlessly. Just like Skynet being made from the remains of the Terminator it sent back in time.

Kunoichi

Actually, the third Terminator movie had it so that Skynet got invented anyway, even without Terminator parts to base its design off of.  Fans were understandably unhappy about that little twist, though.

Hmm.  I guess Kessler uses some sort of specially-insulated phone or something...

Callie Del Noire

Yeah.. i could see the phone being tempest shield or such. :D

Sabby

Terminator 3 is not canon, and if it was, then the remains of the first Terminator still exist tp be reverse engineered, which makes even less sense, because then a crushed but still mind blowingly advanced piece of technology with a CPU that won't be possible for at least another 3 decades just sits in storage while the US military goes ahead and does all that on its own like a boss.

Kunoichi

*shrugs*

I never actually saw Terminator 3 anyway, so...

Eve Lacus

I just downloaded the first game onto my PS3 (wanted to know what the hype was all about). I thought the game was pretty interesting. The shocking twist revealing who Kessier really was did take me for kind of a loop. Though I am not certain I will be playing the second game. I need to check the reviews, and the ratings the game gets first. I'm not big on playing video games a lot , but after  Imfamous I have high hopes for the second game. So please no spoilers for Eve. lol

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone
- Audrey Hepburn

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results
- Winston Churchill

Laz

I prefer Prototype Rather than Infamous, but both of them had their Pros and Cons. I would stick with the Part 1 of infamous and even the part 1 of prototype, seeing as both protagonist has been changed for their part 2 counter parts.

I wont buy the game, but I will eventually play it maybe through a rental or a friend's copy.

Sabby

Uhg... liking the game so far, but they've completely fucked up the camera for me. I'm trying to get over it and adjust, but I hate it. Its too close. My two favourite abilities in Infamous 1 were melee and Polarity Wall (shield). You could jump up onto a wall, then throw your hand out to summon a shield to block the bullets a few seconds before climbing up, and the animations used for it were just awesome. The way he held it up and moved it, it just looked really super heroish.

But now, if I swing my baton or wanna block something, the camera comes in so far it almost knocks Cole in the back of the head, and it stays there... I can't see anyone other then the one person I'm fighting, and the new melee animations have a horrible habit of getting you mixed up with the enemy, so you end up missing or hopping over and then losing sight of them 3 steps away and having to take a blind swing. And transitioning to other enemies is even worse.

Like I said, I love the game, but the change in camera is nearly game breaking for me.

Morrowclaw

I'm playing the first right now for the first time. I've already played through once as the good guy and I'm now being the bad guy. I really despise all the characters...especially Zeke...I wish I could have killed him. It's a fun game but the terrible characters, awful dialogue and wacky controls are really making it hard to enjoy. I'll play the second one just to find out what happens.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Marikir

I played through the first twice, back to back.  I really enjoyed it.  Hell, I liked the end credits song. 

I'm enjoying inFamous 2 as well.  I'm doing the good guy run first, and like that they transferred stuff from the first to the second, based on what trophies you had.  I had the option of starting a new game, a new good guy game, or a new bad guy game when I started.  When I go through the second time?  Oh, I am going to be such an evil bastard.

I really like the improvements they made in this one.  It doesn't feel as...segregated, each part of the city, like the first one did.  I'm enjoying the hunt for the dead drops again, the slowly unfolding back ground story. 

I'm liking it as much as the first, frankly. Which works for me.

NotoriusBEN

I like the Infamous games, and I think 2 was done pretty well.
My biggest gripe in number 1 is the "impossible decision" around the half-way point. either way you are damned and lose.

Yadda yadda Kessler is able to anticipate your choice. still, its BS.

Marikir

Well, I just finished my first run through of the game.  The Good Karma run. 

Fun game.  Story was interesting, and it had some cool moments throughout the game.  I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the final, but...it works, I think.

I've started my second run through, now being an Evil bastard who doesn't care who is in his way.  Explosions galore!