Society has a tendency towards crumbling in large numbers.

Started by Ajoxer, April 24, 2006, 07:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

Two people is, as is said, a company. Three is a crowd. Once you have, at most, four people, somebody's going to start taking the role of the leader. At a certain point, probably around 10 or so, two leaders become necessary to keep the group under control. As groups become larger, fractures occur, you need more and more ranks of leaders- And societies tend to collapse. This is why, I feel, any large scale communism is unfeasible with current human psychology, because we need leaders. And eventually, inevitably, corruption grows, because there are just too many ranks, too many people to watch, too few available to watch those who will watch, and as we have seen, all groups eventually collapse.

This is something that always goes through my mind when I see people arguing about government. It all seems so fruitless...

Eh. Also, I still think that there are such a great number of difficult decisions in a politicians daily life that it's hard to really criticize them- They, like so many human beings, can't always look at their small actions as leading to a global change- And frankly, few people can see global changes very well, those who can are pursuing a career in sociology or something similar.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!