Exile to Mars... Interested?

Started by bluecoco, August 10, 2012, 06:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluecoco

((hello everyone! As I wait patiently in hopes of an approval to the site, I figured I would start up a PG13 roleplay!))

Exile to Mars

Year 2280. Scientists have been trying to create the ‘perfect human’ in laboratories all across the world. Over the years there have been several successes, these special humans free of illness, pain, weakness, etc. But of course with every success, there have been many, many failures. These ‘failures’ are what scientists refer to as malformed humans. They grew up with tainted DNA that has given them special abilities and powers. The abilities that these malformed humans were able to acquire scared many of the people on earth, labelled as a danger to the normal human population.

Every month a space shuttle takes newly found ‘malformed’ humans to Mars and leaves them there. Mars has been Earth’s waste planet for a while now, and currently has a large population of ‘malformed’ humans and beasts residing. The main collection of rejected science experiments live in domes on Mars with an artificial atmosphere to provide oxygen and heat. Some beasts on this planet have adapted to living outside, but it is rare that people venture out the domes seeing as how the temperature on Mars can reach well below -100 degrees F. Mars has turned to be a very difficult place to survive because of the lack of resources and collection of humans with dangerous powers. There are also smuggled weapons such as guns and swords that are illegal but owned anyway by the locals on Mars.

March Pick Up Day has rolled around, the space shuttle ready to board the most recent malformed humans to take them to Mars. This month there were six known faulty experiments of the human species. These six humans from all different parts of the globe were shipped to the shuttle’s location to be taken off planet Earth.

Here is where our story begins...

“ShipX has arrived, passengers may begin boarding at this time,” a robotic female voice sounded over the intercom at the air station. A group of guards adorned in machine guns surrounded the group of six malformed humans, their job to make sure these mistakes boarded the shuttle to space. The group of six humans clustered together in a circle, handcuffed with special chains that disabled their abilities. Slowly but surely the guards managed to get all on board and locked the exits so they couldn’t escape.

“Exiles on board,” the main guard confirmed over his cell phone. Snapping it shut, he turned from the space shuttle and joined his men on ground. Within seconds ShipX rose from the ground with a thunder of power, zooming up and out of Earth. Those on board, still locked in their handcuffs, sat in their seats, feet strapped to the floor. They were all strangers being taken away from everything they ever knew-- even if they didn’t know much after being raised in science labs their whole life. The adventure begins when all six meet on the ship to Mars.

The potential special SIX malformed humans, each with their own unique special abilities:

-Katrina (Kat)- Technology Manipulation: Able to manipulate electronics, hack computers, naturally good with technology and high tech weapons/ computers
-OPEN- Heat Vision: Ability to make things (restricted to non-living organisms) burst into flame by thought
-OPEN- Steal Manipulation: Can assimilate metal into his/her body
-OPEN- Animal Mimicry: Ability to take on the abilities of certain animals.
-OPEN- Freeze Vision: Ability to freeze objects and other individuals with one's gaze.
-OPEN- Illusion: Ability to alter or deceive the perceptions of another. Can be sensory, a light or sound-based effect, or an alteration of mental perceptions

Those that have already been exiled to Mars from earlier shuttle drops:
There is no limit!

Bad guys are always welcome!

Races-

Malformed Humans: Not really malformed, for they look like normal humans, expect they have tainted DNA that allowed them to develop special abilities, from increased speed, to levitation, super strength, etc. Scientists and the human population saw these humans as a threat to society so they used their waste planet Mars to drop these people off for good.

Beasts: Any other malformed creature that resides on Mars falls in this category. They don’t -completely- look like humans, but have developed ways of communication to the humans and trade their goods back and forth. Many of these creatures are rather dark and have been forced to live outside the dome communities in the harsh weather of Mars. Because of this though, they are extreme survivors. They are looked down upon for their horrid/scary looks.

**If anyone is curious about what their Character’s history might be (if one of the six), there is a lot of freedom here. Even though I restricted it to being raised in a laboratory by scientists, you have the capability of deciding how the laboratory was and how you were trained to be a ‘perfect human’. At each laboratory there are other grown humans that passed the perfect test; The six were sent to Mars for their powers that scientists found they had. Depending on the age of your character, these powers may not have surfaced until just recently.

More info on Mars:
-The population of people that are forced to live here reside in massive domes with interconnected tunnels. They are full of oxygen, with unbreakable glass. There are no spaceships, but weapons have been smuggled in. It has been populated by malformed humans for only about 50 years now; Even some people in the first drop March Drop Off are still alive and present on Mars. Most of the dome inhabitants live fairly civil amongst each other, but there are some cruel humans of evil that live on Mars as well. The most vicious of the inhabitants are Beasts, who have been forced to live outside in the freezing weather on the planet.

Rules:

PG13, cussing is aloud, but no over-sexuality
No godmoding other people’s characters without permission
Please aim high quality posts; it in turn makes the roleplay much more worth it and enjoyable
Be active! (able to post every other day or two) Being gone for vacation is fine though!

Character Sheet!

Name:
Applying to be one of the six newcomers to Mars?
Appearance (slight description and picture optional/preferred):
Personality:
History (remember, malformed humans were raised in laboratories):
What Special Ability Do You Want?:
Weapon's training?:
Personal Belongings:
Other:

SO would anyone be interested in roleplaying with me?

MechaStarfish91

Before I post the character sheet, is it in first person, or third person?

Randomrose25

Name: Hans Shepherd
Time on Mars:None
Applying to be one of the six newcomers to Mars? Yes, the one with Animal Mimicry
Appearance (slight description and picture optional/preferred): Rough, Ragged, maybe even scarred from falls or from being restrained.
Personality: Lone Wolf, not waning to be a part of any plans or group activities.
History (remember, malformed humans were raised in laboratories): I was always a very quiet boy, and didn't start to lash out until recently, when I discovered I could be stronger, faster or smarter then almost all of the scientists. Because I was such a danger, I was put on the shuttle immediately.
What Special Ability Do You Want?: Animal Mimicry
Weapon's training?: None, don't need any :)
Personal Belongings: The collar of a dog that they allowed me to keep as a pet...until I started to change...
I'm always looking for a PM, or just to chat, so ladies, hit me up :)

MechaStarfish91

Name: Felix
Time on Mars: None
Applying to be one of the six newcomers to Mars? Yes
Appearance (slight description and picture optional/preferred): 5'7'', long brown hair, green eyes.  Average body build.  Ragged clothing due to being captured before leaving for mars.
Personality:  Loyal. Tends to look after people when he can.
History (remember, malformed humans were raised in laboratories): I always trained hard with the other people that were experimented on.  They wanted me to be the up close fighter, dealing in hand to hand and sword fighting skills.  One day during sword training exercise my opponent managed to break through my defense.  I would of lost my arm except I absorbed the sword instead.  The scientists and others saw this as a threat.
What Special Ability Do You Want?: Steal Manipulation
Weapon's training?: Hand to hand and Sword fighting.
Personal Belongings: A necklace given to me by a girl there, before I left.

bluecoco

Ohhh guys, I like, I like!

UPDATE:

To answer your question, Mecha, my immediate assumption was third person. But after reading both character sheets, I think it would be interesting to do this in first person. I might play some third person roles as the narrator still!

SPECIAL SIX SPOTS
-Katrina (Kat)- Technology Manipulation: Able to manipulate electronics, hack computers, naturally good with technology and high tech weapons/ computers
-OPEN- Heat Vision: Ability to make things (restricted to non-living organisms) burst into flame by thought
-Felix- Steal Manipulation: Can assimilate metal into his/her body
-Hans Shepherd- Animal Mimicry: Ability to take on the abilities of certain animals.
-OPEN- Freeze Vision: Ability to freeze objects and other individuals with one's gaze.
-OPEN- Illusion: Ability to alter or deceive the perceptions of another. Can be sensory, a light or sound-based effect, or an alteration of mental perceptions

I will check in and probably have more plot information to share with you all when I'm back from work around 3pm EST or so.

I will also post my character sheet for Kat!

MechaStarfish91

Quote from: bluecoco on August 11, 2012, 05:55:22 AM
Ohhh guys, I like, I like!

UPDATE:

To answer your question, Mecha, my immediate assumption was third person. But after reading both character sheets, I think it would be interesting to do this in first person. I might play some third person roles as the narrator still!

SPECIAL SIX SPOTS
-Felix- Steal Manipulation: Can assimilate metal into his/her body
-Hans Shepherd- Animal Mimicry: Ability to take on the abilities of certain animals.

I will check in and probably have more plot information to share with you all when I'm back from work around 3pm EST or so.

I will also post my character sheet for Kat!

Awesome, sounds fun. ^_^

bluecoco

Here is my character sheet!

Name: Katrina, to her friends in the lab known as Kat
Race: Malformed human
Hair: Long, black, sleek and shiny
Eyes: Bright turquoise green
Height: 5'5

The outfit she is practically always in is a black spacesuit that her lab gave her to wear to space, the last kind thing they did for her as they offered her up to Mars. It is durable and meant to keep her warm while residing there. It was skin tight, the material having the texture of reinforced leather.

Special Ability:
Technology Manipulation- Able to manipulate electronics, hack computers, naturally good with technology and high tech weapons/ computers

Personality:
Very quiet, introspective after being traumatized by the force to leave the lab. Being exiled to Mars was the worst thing Katrina thought could happen to her, it put her in a really negative place; Doesn't trust anyone; Very educated, thoughtful, inquisitive; Interested in learning new things and solving complex puzzles. She likes to listen to her surroundings, gaining vital information easily through paying attention.

Equipment:
None currently, but she knows the first chance she gets, she is going to find some gadgets.
----------------------------------------------------
History:
Time on Mars: 0 days
Current location: On Space shuttle to Mars, One of the Six on board

Katrina was first created and grown in a lab in Germany. The scientists in this lab were very smart, some of the leading DNA creators of their time. Katrina was in batch 22 of their 'perfect human' prototypes. From fetus until age 18, she was trained in language, technology, and martial arts. At the age of 18 her ability kicked into gear; she found her ability of manipulating electronics and codes while exploring the laboratory grounds...

~~~
Katrina walked towards the locked door. It led to the exit out of the lab, outside of the building into the human world. Katrina had watched through glass windows at the life outside, curious like a trapped bird in a cage. She dreamed of getting out of the lab and released into the community of perfect humans. She had one more year left in the lab before she could be let free. Leaning up against the locked door, she crossed her arms. She came to this spot many times before, wishful thinking that maybe one day it would open. It was covered in electric padlocks and different codes full of numbers. Kat, even though she knew it would be of no use, decided to mess around with the door. She traced her fingers against the numbered buttons, electricity buzzing in her fingers the closer she got to the locks. She jerked her hand back, lips trembling at the strange feeling in her hand. "What?" she whispered, curious as to what caused the tingling at her finger tips. She reached forward again, touching the number's buttons again. This time keeping a steady pressure on the electronic pad, her fingers gravitated to the right numbers to push. Within seconds the door jerked at its locks, metal grinding to a low shake, door opening up to the outside. Her mouth dropped, unsure of if she should be excited about the freedom, or afraid of how she managed to crack the code. Before she could collect her thoughts, a guard of the laboratory saw her at the edge of escape. He sounded the alarm, quickly catching Katrina off guard and pulling her back inside the building. This event led to the scientists's discovery of her ability. Though many had become attached to Katrina, they knew she couldn't stay on Earth for she had a special ability. Sadly, they had to turn her into the government, where they ordered her exile to Mars.
~~~

Katrina was betrayed and horribly offended by the scientists that she considered her protectors, her creators. They turned her in as if she meant nothing, just another science experiment. Of course, that was all she was- but her hope was to be a perfect human, not one of the malformed mistake experiments. Something in her DNA developed differently, and not until 18 did the power full manifest. Every goal she had in life was gone now as she stood at the Space Station. She waited, hands cuffed behind her back with 5 other strangers, being loaded onto a ship to Mars. This is where Katrina begins her new life.

----------------------------------------------------

That is written in third person, but for her posts I will write in first. :D

Now we need to fill those other 3 key spots... know anyone that might be interest?

MechaStarfish91

Wish I did, but I still don't know a lot of people on here. 

bluecoco

Yeah same here. Let's give it till tomorrow and see if anyone joins! If not, I will make another character to fill a fourth spot (if you all want another character that is cool too but I understand that means more writing so you all don't have to) and then we can get started. If more people join in down the road, they're be accepted with open arms! How does that sound?

MechaStarfish91

Sounds good to me!  If more don't show, I'll probably come up with another character as well ^_^

Randomrose25

Haha yeah sounds good to me too. And i guess i would take the 6th character so we could have a full slate then.

bluecoco

Cool thing.

You all can either take one of the open spots or make someone that may have been already on Mars for some time now! Up to you! Thanks for being so flexible!

MechaStarfish91

Randomrose25

Quote from: bluecoco on August 12, 2012, 05:30:03 AM
Cool thing.

You all can either take one of the open spots or make someone that may have been already on Mars for some time now! Up to you! Thanks for being so flexible!

What would you rather have us do! I Dunno what to pick wahhhhhhh :P

MechaStarfish91

I'll probably pick either Heat or Freeze vision.

bluecoco

Hmmm I will pick...

Illusion!

Here is my other character:

Name: Eden Mays
Time on Mars: Nne
Applying to be one of the six newcomers to Mars? YES WOO!

Appearance (slight description and picture optional/preferred):
Short blond hair, on the verge of white. Grey eyes the color of a foggy night. Very short, about 5'2. Slender at 110 pounds. Tanned skin. Has a fresh wound that will eventually scar under her right eye. Clothing wise, the lab dressed her old rags. She arrives at the space shuttle in nothing more than a ripped cream top the cut off above her belly button, some jean shorts will ragged edges, and grey sandals.

Personality:
Jumpy, fidgety. Easily scared. But yet inquisitive and curious.

History (remember, malformed humans were raised in laboratories):
Eden was grown in one of the worst labs in South America. They did awful things to their test subjects and had the worst turn out rate. Over half of the human experiments had to be sent to Mars over the past few years. Eden was never allowed to see the light of day, kept in a concrete cell and barely ever fed. This was because they knew of her 'malformed ability' to cause illusions in the minds of others. It was a safety measure to keep her away from the rest so as to not hurt anyone. Not like she ever had the opportunity to. They kept her so weak and wounded that she didn't have any strength to try and manipulate peoples vision or hearing. Now, being sent to Mars, she is terrified and yet holding on to a wishful thought that it will be better on Mars.

What Special Ability Do You Want?:
Illusion: Ability to alter or deceive the perceptions of another. Can be sensory, a light or sound-based effect, or an alteration of mental perceptions

Weapon's training?: None.

Personal Belongings: Old clothes that she is currently wearing.

Other: She has only ever used her powers once, and still hasn't quite tapped in to the full capabilities of her "gift"

I'm going to start the roleplay now, so give me a little and I will post the link to the IC in here

Randomrose25

Sounds good. I will wait to see what Mecha picks for the other character, and then I'll take the last character, haha.

Randomrose25

Meh...since I'm ready to post, I'll just take freeze vision. I always liked a girl that was hot enough to make things burst into flames anyway, lol.

Name: Jesse Stone
Time on Mars:None
Appearance (slight description and picture optional/preferred): Handsome and sharp looking.
Personality: Smart, calculating, and quiet. Shy, and very hesitant to talk or take action until he is completely sure about something.
History (remember, malformed humans were raised in laboratories): I was developed normally, without any abnormal traits. I discovered my powers on my own, and practiced on lab rats and smaller creatures. One day, after many months of planning, I tried to make my escape. I was outside, running for my life, when something....I don't know what...caught me and knocked me out. 
What Special Ability Do You Want?: Freeze Vision
Weapon's training?: Creating things based on the resources that are around...for instance, finding a rock and some kind of band, and making a slingshot.
Personal Belongings: A necklace that I found on the ground next to me, as i faded in and out of consciousness after the attack.

bluecoco

Ohh nice picture!

If you all are curious, I'll show you the ones I picked for Kat and Eden!

Kat:

and

Eden, new scar and all:

MechaStarfish91

Name: Ivan Reynolds
Time on Mars: None
Appearance (slight description and picture optional/preferred): 5'6"  Short black hair and blue eyes with glasses.  Average body build.  Also ragged clothing (Ivan and Felix tried to fight their way out, but were stopped.  Their clothes became ragged in the process.)
Personality: Kind of cold.  He brushes people off like their nothing if he doesn't like or trust them, but he can corporate when it really needs to happen.  He has a personal grudge against the people who captured him and are forcing him to Mars. 
History (remember, malformed humans were raised in laboratories.)  Just like Felix, I was also trained in hand-to-hand.  But unlike swords, I preferred guns.
What Special Ability Do You Want?: Heat Vision
Weapon's training?: Hand-to-hand and a wide range of guns.
Personal Belongings:  No...I left those all behind.

bluecoco

Random, are you still there? We can't do this without you!

playbothsides

Hello! I like the setting for your RP alot, its original and exciting.
For the characters, do we have to be one of the six? it seems like you three have filled all the slots already?

bluecoco

playbothsides

oh, that's a shame. I'm sorry. due message me if you start up another one like this OK?