Exceptionally dumb problem

Started by BitterSweet, November 18, 2014, 09:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BitterSweet

Okay - so there are some things I know about computers and many things I don't.   Clearly I have found yet another 'don't'.

Normally, my ... icon and various functions bar (you know, where the start menu and the little icons of the programs you've pinned to the desktop menu bar is along the bottom of my screen.  While I was flailing around with my less than delightful touchpad I some how dragged that so it's along the left side of my screen.  It cramps anything that I've got open and bugs me.  Yet, I cannot figure out how I dragged/triggered the move.

I have a multi-touch trackpad and acer computer and win seven (I think). 

Make it stop?   :-[

Oniya

You should be able to click in the blank portion of the task bar and drag it until it lands back on the bottom of the screen.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

I hate the touch pad and disabled mine and use an optical mouse.  On Windows 7 place I place my cursor on a clear spot on the task bar hold down the button and drag the bar to where I want it.

Maybe you can do this using one index finger to hold your button and the other to do the dragging.

BitterSweet

LOL - yes, thank you it worked!  I kept trying to drag it at the edges, or the top, neither of which worked.
There are no dumb questions only dumb ...  ;)

Oniya

To be fair, I had to ask Mr. Oniya to check it on his computer since I've been on 8.1 for several months.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Bloodied Porcelain

It should also be noted that you can lock your task bar by right clicking on it when it's in place and selecting "lock task bar".
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Beguile's Mistress

I learned how to fix this through improper use of frustration motivated techniques. ;D

Oniya

Beguile's Mistress

Is that the same as pounding the mouse on the table when the battery is dying? :P

Oniya

Sort of - typically means something along the lines of 'hit it with the repair manual'.