Let Me Make Your Game

Started by ManofDawnLight, May 15, 2015, 01:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManofDawnLight

So I have this issue of trying to make group games, but not being able to get them off the ground.  Then one day, someone offered to revise one of my games and GM for it, and then players swarmed to it.  I really enjoy creating the foundation of a story, but I'm very okay with someone else stepping in right after that and taking control. 

I'm not sure how this will go, but I guess I'm formally putting myself out there as a "world-builder" for someone.  Look at my posts, realize what I can do, and then if you have a game you think I'd enjoy, give me a PM expressing what kind of game idea you'd like to play.  If I like it too, I'll create it and give it back to you.

Never offered this before, so if I get no takers, then I know it's not the way to go.
Short stories for now.  Light posts.

I am returning slowly.

Ontan

I just wanted to say that I think this is a great idea. I don’t actually have any worlds in need of building right now, but hopefully someone will take you up on the offer, because it would be great if this kind of service became a mainstream thing for the forums.

Is there any chance you could provide a few links to showcase your work, though? I know posts are linked in profiles, but 65 pages of posting history is a bit daunting to sift through.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: ManofDawnLight on May 15, 2015, 01:01:25 AM
Never offered this before, so if I get no takers, then I know it's not the way to go.
If you get no takers it could also mean you might just have to post the offer in some other section of the site to get the right attention.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

ManofDawnLight

Quote from: Ontan on May 15, 2015, 09:56:58 PM
I just wanted to say that I think this is a great idea. I don’t actually have any worlds in need of building right now, but hopefully someone will take you up on the offer, because it would be great if this kind of service became a mainstream thing for the forums.

Is there any chance you could provide a few links to showcase your work, though? I know posts are linked in profiles, but 65 pages of posting history is a bit daunting to sift through.

Sure, here's some of my ST works so far...

Orc Slaves-Elves
Milford Sanctuary for the Mentally Depraved
Vampire Gods Among Us

"Orc Slaves-Elves" is my most recent one, and it is a sequel to the original "Orc Slaves" by RedEve.  I borrowed much from the original, but I created the sequel on my own, including the Map.

"Milford Sanctuary" is originally my idea.  However, Christa McGinn was gracious enough to step in and remodify it when I was about to dump the project.

"Vampire Gods Among Us" was one of my earlier attempts where erotica was not the focus.  It was very elaborate, and again I was about to dump it until new interest stepped in.

So here's what I do.  How do you like it?

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on May 16, 2015, 05:10:13 AM
If you get no takers it could also mean you might just have to post the offer in some other section of the site to get the right attention.

Where would you suggest I post it?  I didn't really have any idea.

I am returning slowly.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: ManofDawnLight on May 17, 2015, 03:31:34 AM
Where would you suggest I post it?  I didn't really have any idea.
I have no concrete suggestion where it might be best, but the options that might work could be: Commissions, Worldbuilding, and the GM's Corner
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Elias

Sent you a PM with a very basic concept.

Lustful Bride

I sent you a PM to see if you could make it better :)

ManofDawnLight

Ok, so I have three takers so far.  I'm going to look over what was sent and see what I can do.

I am returning slowly.

ManofDawnLight

I believe the Lustful Bride's story is better suited to what my talents are.

However, Elias, I can give my advice to you about your ideas if you want it.  It seems like a potential game, but I think it would work best if you have both teachers and student players pitted against one another instead of an all out anarchy pushed by the students.

I am returning slowly.

Zeth

Write me a plot for 7th Sea that allows a character for any nation to join. That is if you re still doing it. You do know of 7th Sea right?