News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Science Fantasy Idea[NC to EX]

Started by Dorian Grandale, November 09, 2012, 05:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorian Grandale

*nods and smiles* Done and done, on both counts!
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

Kdyami

Ahh, my bad, yes a Kyrie Male, most likely a Warrior, maybe a front line Tek. But, I'd be lying if if I said I wasnt curious as hell about the "disciples".  I'll try and post my initial thoughts on the character later today and you guys can tell me how far off base I am :)
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

IrishWolf

Hey Dorian, been thinking about my character somewhat recently and I was wondering what you thought about this idea.

I'm thinking that at some point my marine lost a good chuck on his right forearm and hand, got cut right off during a battle with the Quartona, while he was trying to pull a wounded, female, comrade from the fight and had it replaced with a biomechanical prosthetic. He chose a pure metal arm and hand, rather then having his own skin grown over it. He chose it to look that way as a reminder that he failed to save a fellow marine and let her get carried off by the enemy. Install inside the hand part, I was thinking there would be a section for a pair of shotgun shell (or maybe something like a flechette burst) in the "back" of the hand, with very short barrels, located in his "knuckles". It would be a very short range weapon, controlled by a cybernetic link to his brain, to add a little surprise to any punches he would land (or have a near miss on).

Dorian Grandale

Ah, very nice. I like it. Feel free to use it.

I'll be adding a basic chara sheet in a moment. Also, I have to ask, because it was not clear in your response: Would you be okay with a simple system in place?

IrishWolf

It wasn't? Huh. Yeah, I'm good with a simple system

Caela

Dorian, quick question, how strong can the psychics in the game be? Could it be something where they have been bred to be stronger and stronger for a few generations and they (particularly those in communications positions) can hear each other over long distances, or would they just be random folks with a gift?

Kdyami

I have the same question as above. But also are we talking just read your mind or communicate or move stuff with your mind or full psionic projections. What constitutes psychic?
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Dorian Grandale

Good questions, yes. I shall clarify.
Caela:

Actually, both your ideas apply. Psychics, specially among the Terrans, have been trained/bred for such a purpose, to the point that some of them are quite powerful. Because of this most Terran warships are equipped with Psi-shields, as well as regular shielding. Ship shields, including psi-shields, are much more powerful than personal ones, due to the availability of power aboard a ship.

*Will be adding this to the info..*

Kdyami:

Actually, both abilities you mentioned would be considered psi-power. A Psychic, however, is one that has taken one or more psi disciplines, and studied them carefully. The two you have mentioned, were clairsentience, and psychokinesis, respectively. Sorry to sound so brainiac-like, but I blame reading the old AD&D 2nd ed Psionics Handbook waaay too much for that.

Keepers tend to specialize in psychometabolism, I.E. healing and disease treatment, using mind power. It is also used for various 'buffs', usually on the psychic him or herself, but they can also be used on others.

Feel free to keep asking, I'll keep aswering.. and finding out what the answers are if I don't have them available. *grins*

Kdyami

No it's cool. I was trying not to rip off D&D 3.5 psionic handbook and use it as a guideline at the same time.  :P

Caela

Dorian, would there be a Wiki or something with the info you're using that would give a clear picture of what you have in mind? Your answer is giving me some more ideas for my girl but I don't want them to be too out there and I knew what you were using for your template it would be helpful! :)

Dorian Grandale

I'm working on that, actually. My goal is to use the Elliquiy wiki to store all the information on the game. Once I have something that's presentable, I'll link it to the first post.

Caela

Dorian Grandale

You are most welcome, Caela!

For now, just use this to create your chara. This goes for all interested!

Name:
Appearance: (Pics encouraged! Or just write it out.)

Ons:
Offs:
Abilities: (3 to 5 of them, keep relative power in mind. More abilities, less power on each.)
Background:

You can contact me on AIM if you want to discuss your character's abilities and background.

IrishWolf

What would a non-Psychic put for abilities?

Dorian Grandale

Abilities is a general space for now. Physical, Mental, Magic, or Psi Abilities go there. Once I get the system detailed, then we can worry about separating them.

Katra Alexion

I am still fleshing out my female human marine but I think my male Kyrie will be a Disciple.

Dorian Grandale

Tut-tut! I have not posted that information yet. No cheating!

Besides, you'd need a Guide as well. I might require Disciple-Guide pairs to be both players.

Katra Alexion

Kdyami

Well I'd like to know more about the Disciples and these Disciple guide pairs anyway. But, Katra Alexion, if you need a guide I can make a second character.  I'd be game for that.

Dorian Grandale

Well, wait no more. I shall be posting, and linking, the Disciple information shortly.

Dorian Grandale

Kdyami

lol very cool.   I'll work on the character sheet tonight should have something posted tomorrow morning before work.

Dorian Grandale

Take your time. I'm still writing some of this info up. But that would be awesome, yes.

Kdyami

Dorian Grandale

Not necessarily. Viable females are discouraged, but not barred from Tek work, even if it takes them into combat. Their assigned male is directly responsible for their safety if they do.