The Maiden Voyage of RMS Mystic (CLOSED for Recruiting)

Started by Zillah, March 03, 2013, 11:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishWolf

Quote from: Secretwriter on March 05, 2013, 08:32:52 PM
Spoilers do nothing to slow that down, everyone seems to think that it does, but the full pic still loads inside the spoiler. 

[img height=300]IMGLINK[/img]

That does. and the image expands when clicked on. But it loads faster.

Huh, spoilers really don't help? Thats kinda odd but I have resized the images with that. Hope that helps.

Secretwriter

Nope, because the spoilers only hide the stuff, it doesn't keep it from loading.

Thank you, IrishWolf. I greatly appreciate it! <3

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Ryven

I didn't know about the spoilers not helping.  My image is already resized to fit within the bio, but it is good to know for later that the spoiler tag does nothing for size.

CarnivorousBunny

Put my image in a spoiler.  >_>  Because I'm too lazy to resize my image :d
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Secretwriter

Oh, Ryven, love... *dies laughing* I so took that the wrong way and am much happier for it. 

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Secretwriter

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Secretwriter

Sexy male. Sexy model.

lol or the face of a celeb you like that would be passable for the time period?

IrishWolf

I found my pics in a google search, using stoker for a keyword. If you want something period for a pic, maybe search for Titanic deckhand/crew/sailor maybe?

Ryven

http://thesnobreport.tumblr.com/

This tumblr which I follow has well dressed men, most of which are sexy.  Perhaps you'll find something there.

Secretwriter

Yes, Ryven lol sexy is a very important part of it! ;)

<3 Oh. Very nice!

Ryven

Quote from: Secretwriter on March 05, 2013, 09:24:44 PM
Yes, Ryven lol sexy is a very important part of it! ;)

<3 Oh. Very nice!

If you need sexy men, I'm the person to ask where to find them. ^-^

Question Mark

They don't always have to be sexy.  I find it usually makes a bigger impact if your character has a more... normal/believable appearance.  Everyone and their mother on E uses perfect models, so a more, for lack of a better word, "mundane" character can leave an impression.

I use DeviantArt, Google Images, and 4chan's /tg/ board for most of my character concepts.

Ebb

Quote from: Branwen on March 05, 2013, 08:16:20 PM
Zillah,

Would something like this help organize things for you and everyone else?  Or is it not necessary or not useful?

(snipped beginnings of a character summary chart)

It's completely up to Zillah, of course, but I know that I'd find such a summary to be very helpful indeed. Can't tell the players without a scorecard. It might also be helpful for those trying to slide in characters before the ship sails, just to see what kinds of roles are already present and accounted for.

Very much looking forward to playing the game with this group. There are a number of names here that have been on my 'want to write with' list for quite some time.

Secretwriter

Quote from: Question Mark on March 05, 2013, 09:39:49 PM
They don't always have to be sexy.  I find it usually makes a bigger impact if your character has a more... normal/believable appearance.  Everyone and their mother on E uses perfect models, so a more, for lack of a better word, "mundane" character can leave an impression.

I use DeviantArt, Google Images, and 4chan's /tg/ board for most of my character concepts.

Sexy is in the eye of the beholder, but I think that for there to be sex and such and it be enjoyable, there has to be attraction. If your character thinks that the person touching them is disgusting, that's not a very fun role play.

Ryven

Quote from: Question Mark on March 05, 2013, 09:39:49 PM

It doesn't have to be normal to be believable, and the reason the majority of people use models is because the entire idea is a fantasy.  The roles in which we are playing are fantasy as well, so why not shape the fantasy into something you like.  Each person is different, so not everyone uses one medium for their character appearance, and not everyone will use the same preferences for their character.

Branwen

I think we can all agree we're super anxious to set sail.  :)

And lots of us want to be that apple...

CarnivorousBunny

Or, you know, the snake, so we can be the ones exploring  ::)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Secretwriter

Okay, at the risk of sounding dumb here [as usual lololol]... Apple? Snake?

Branwen

Secretwriter

Oh! lol I have the avatars off, no wonder I didn't get it. >.<  I am too tired to face palm myself... can someone assist?

Branwen

Question Mark

Quote from: Secretwriter on March 05, 2013, 09:45:31 PM
Sexy is in the eye of the beholder, but I think that for there to be sex and such and it be enjoyable, there has to be attraction. If your character thinks that the person touching them is disgusting, that's not a very fun role play.

I'm not saying make your character Wormtongue or something like that.  Just normal or, more likely, above normal.  The kind of person you'd look at for an extra second or two on the street.  I mean, there's attractive, and then there's glamor model attractive.

Quote from: Ryven on March 05, 2013, 09:48:55 PM
It doesn't have to be normal to be believable, and the reason the majority of people use models is because the entire idea is a fantasy.  The roles in which we are playing are fantasy as well, so why not shape the fantasy into something you like.  Each person is different, so not everyone uses one medium for their character appearance, and not everyone will use the same preferences for their character.

Good point.  Willing suspension of disbelief and all that.  I think this actually hits on an interesting topic: when you partake in this games, are you directly roleplaying, pretending to be your character?  Or are you taking a step back, and collaborating with other people to create an interesting story?  I see myself as the latter, but I know many people fall into both categories.

Ah, my INTP's acting up again, trying to understand and label everything :P

Chreestafer

********* EDIT********

added photos :)

Name: Clyde Bishop, Bishop as a nickname

Position: Trimmer (loads and unloads coal / transports coal to stoker)

Sexual Preferences: Bi-curious, Leans towards females but has had thoughts

Personality: He is very shift of authority figures but otherwise he is easy going and self sustaining.  Has a slight interest in the unknown and wears a golden cross around his neck as a protection to the evils of the world.

Background: His birth is unknown as he was an orphan boy.  He grew up in the streets doing what he could to survive and make his life better.   He was a trouble maker at a young age starting fights, stealing things, always running into the law in bad ways.  Yet he was lucky in the aspect that he always had the church ran orphanage to run back to.  (The church would explain his beliefs and fears in supernatural things) The sisters of the orphanage taught him subtle life lessons making him a deeper more spiritual person, which would later, as he grew up, make him a more rounded citizen and human being.

All was OK until the orphanage fire.

When people died the police needed a cause, a scapegoat,  and he was it.  Since his troubled past as a youngster it would be easy to pin the fire on him as a accidental murder.  So to evade the police he ran and ran and ran,  2 months later he found himself working as a trimmer in the shipyards.  Loading coal onto his assigned ship in port and then carting it to the stokers for usage.  It was an laborious job but an honest one.  A job that would keep him out of the eyes of the law.  His plan was simple get paid, save up, cross the ocean to a new home and a new start.  This majestic ship would hopefully be his last job before he could start his new life.

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Secretwriter

Branwen, that's not nice xD  *stares* You can seriously slap me now. ;)

Wormtongue? Oh… Wormtail is who I thought you meant XD.   I actually find that actor to be rather attractive, the fellow that played him, yes. He did a marvelous job in Rock Star and awesome in that stupid movie with Amy Adams which name does escape me right now.   

Nice, Chreestafer