Avatar TLA: Phoenix Risen (Alternate Future, EX) SEEKING Jet

Started by Karma, February 23, 2013, 08:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashena

Um, the more I think about it the more I think I would actually like to play him. So I will take on the responsibility. I think it would be a fun addition. I am really excited to play Katara especially with your added info on her. Though one piece of information I am pretty sure I know but must ask anyway. (well two) The first is she still allowed to carry her small pouch with the water in it? (which in the movie is how she always had water on hand to bend) and second she has advanced enough to learn to freeze the water right? I think she learned that in the movie with the northern tribe if I am not mistaken.

Alrighty then! I'll add you in as Zuko.

As for Katara - I think she'll have all her traditional powers from the show. Even if she didn't have the direct training, she is a prodigy and it's been a few years. The bloodbending in particular will still be in infant stages, though. She will have learned that because loose water is denied to her most of the time - she hides this power from everyone, though, since Azula would probably kill her if she knew. She'd be allowed to keep the water pouch in public to keep up her image, and bear in mind that deviation from the image earns punishment, not only to her but to the Water Tribe. The pouch would be taken from her after her public appearance is over, and her water intake would be strictly controlled by her guards, who are chi blockers trained by Ty Lee herself, and not nearly as nice. They are, in fact Ty Lee's sisters.

Ashena

I will be sure to keep that in mind. Though if Azula found out are you sure she would kill Katara over putting the chi blockers on her at all times using her to bend and break the will of her enemies? :) either way its not something she would want Azula finding out anyway. So yay I am all set and ready to go.

Sorry, I sort of slipped into Katara's point of view there. She'd fear getting killed for it, whether or not Azula would do that.

TheFonze

If there is anymore free space, i'd like to throw my hat into this kinda rp. Do you accept OC's?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yes, sorry! I hadn't gotten around to locking the thread yet. At least for now, recruitment is over.

We have one player slot open! We are looking for ideally one player who is interested in playing both Suki and Jet. Suki is as described in the original post, while Jet is serving as ambassador for the Earth Commons on Azula's Council. Their definitions are not set in stone! If you have ideas about how you'd like to play them, please say so (hopefully, you will definitely have ideas). Playing Suki also means being responsible for the rest of the Kyoshi, but they are background characters only unless you want to make them more prominent.

Here is the game thread and OOC for your perusal. Please look them over so you can tell if this game is right for you.

Added note: Suki is a bit more important to the story, so if you see this and are interested in playing Suki but not Jet, let us know anyway.

Empyrean

I could get behind the idea of "face of the rebellion" Suki, so I'd like to express interest. Not as interested in Jet though.

Thanks for your interest! Would you mind giving a short description of how you see her present state of mind, or something like that?

Violence

Quote from: Empyrean on March 18, 2013, 11:27:15 PM
I could get behind the idea of "face of the rebellion" Suki, so I'd like to express interest. Not as interested in Jet though.

No!  No!  Jet was part of the deal!  Somebody's gotta play him! *just kidding*
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Empyrean

I'd imagine part of her is the hard-bitten revolutionary. She very easily slips into a commander mindset, where the enemy must be defeated regardless of the cost. To her troops and allies she would present as this indomitable hardass dedicated to overthrowing the Phoenix Queen and bringing back freedom. In private, I imagine she'd be worried. She puts on a brave face for Zuko and Iroh but in her heart she wonders if she/the Resistance really can do this. Just a few years ago she was in charge of security for one isolated village. Now she's expected to command troops against the most powerful force she's ever seen, and she wonders sometimes if she's really capable of leading them to victory. A part of her might even admire Azula for bringing order after all those years of war and chaos, but she would be fiercely denying that even to herself. As long as she's in a fight or in training she can keep things black and white, and she fears the downtime between battles when she has to look honestly at herself and at what the war is costing her personally. Fighting is simple, leading is hard. She might be developing a touch of a berserker mentality, coming to love the sensation of fighting as an escape from her personal demons.

Glyph

As you see it what would Jet's role in the story be? I'd be interested in playing him but his original role in the show seems to be filled by Suki.

That is if you need someone to play him at all.

Good question, we never did set up a starting point for him, like we did for everyone else.

Jet is not quite the man we knew in the show. Much like before, Azula had the renegade terrorist Jet sent to Lake Laogai as soon as he was caught. He's not the shell he was in the show; he's had a long time with this brainwashing and has developed into a full fledged person once more, however, his radical nature has been reapplied. On the surface he's very supportive of Azula's regime; he is a "true believer" in her in the way he once was with destroying the Fire Nation. However, as Earth Commons ambassador, he argues vehemently for the sake of his people. He remembers the way he once was, but he is convinced that Azula is the answer to the problems he once perceived. The worst part, of course, is that in many ways she really is. Over the years, there has been a sort of on/off thing going with Katara, as well. There is a mutual attraction like there was in the show, but Katara's motivations aren't entirely pure. She knows who he was, and wants to bring that man out again, but she has to play the long game. If she strikes too early, he'd just turn her in to Azula. She's starting to be successful, though... Jet is starting to doubt himself.

Sorry, that's a little long-winded and not exactly his role.

In short: He represents the Earth people actively where Kuei is passive. He supports Azula but something is off in his mind that he can't pinpoint yet. Katara is gradually making him aware of it. He is a tipping point; the Earth nation believes in him, far more than their king. If he can be turned, it would be a huge win for the rebels.

Glyph

Okay so Jet is a man haunted by a past that he no longer understands. He remembers destroying a village taken by the fire nation by breaking a dam and attempting another attack on Ba Sing Se but he doesn't remember why or what happened after he was captured by Azula's Dai Li in his attempt to destabilize the Earth Nation capital. All he remembers is walking into the halls of the Fire Nation capital a free and reformed man and being made a representative for his people.

Still he dreams of dark catacombs and flashing lights...

He feels guilt about the deaths that he caused and hopes he can redeem himself by serving Azula and, most importantly, the people of the Earth kingdom.

Something like that?

I think, given time, they would have convinced him of fake memories where he did soul searching and came to these new conclusions on his own. Otherwise, yeah, that's the general idea.

Violence

What I had envisioned (and you should, by no means, feel confined to this) was that he'd been put through the Lao Gai hypnosis in addition to subjected to Azula's natural ability to make people believe the sky is orange with cleverly spun lies.

So he'd be "loyal" to her side, but without losing his core character traits... since zombifying him wouldn't suit her needs and he'd be useless to her in that way.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Glyph

Both of those things sound about right. You want I should wright you somethin'? Eh? Eh!? Whadda you want me to do?