News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Superhero Fandom Ideas (M for f)

Started by jacobjon, January 05, 2017, 09:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobjon

For each of these stories, the ideas are inspired by a particular tv show, movie, or comic book. That being said, I don't want to be bound strictly to the events in that universe. With each of these stories, I want to work with a partner to craft something uniquely our own. Also, these are not the only fandoms I'm willing to do. They are simply the ones I have ideas for at the moment. If you don't see something here, feel free to ask.

I've included a label of the characters each story includes next to the title, as well as what type of relationship I imagine these would develop into. Some of those might change, based on my partner's ideas.

Each idea is seeking a female character, but the gender of the player doesn't matter.

Arrow

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Year One (Arrow/Felicity. Light)

Oliver Queen has returned from five years on a hellish island, and now seeks to use the skills he learned there to bring justice to his city. The problem is that while the island might have taught him how to fight and shoot, it gave him no information on how to hack into databases or track a foe's digital movements. In order to complete his mission, Oliver is forced to recruit someone with the skills he lacks.

His search ends before it ever really begins. While walking home, Felicity Smoak is attacked by a mugger, only to be rescued by the Arrow. Oliver recognizes her as an employee of the company, someone with unrivaled computer skills. Bringing her into the fold puts her life at risk, but it means protecting the rest of the city.

I would like to see this develop into a loving romance that is mixed with action. The two have to learn how to deal with their significant other being put into harm's way, and have to consider that even together, they may not be enough to save the city.

Training Day (Arrow/Laurel. Light, possibly bondage)

After a personal loss, Dina Laurel Lance is determined to become a tool for justice, something that can make sure others don't suffer her same loss. With limited training, she has success against isolated criminals, but finds herself overwhelmed in the face of the more organized, violent criminal element.

During one of her less successful encounters with organized crime, she runs across the Arrow, Star City's other vigilante. The Arrow has been in action longer, and knows his training could be a valuable asset to her journey to reach her full potential. Unfortunately, the Arrow isn't looking for a partner, and instead warns her to get out of this life while she can.

Rather than give up, the Canary continues to put herself in dangerous situations, forcing the Arrow into a reluctant partnership, since letting her go untrained will clearly get her killed. While he starts out seeing her as a disruption, over time he starts to warm to the idea of a partner. Eventually, he starts to wonder if she might be something more.

This one could be reworked to have certain “damsel in distress” elements, as Canary could find herself in situations she simply isn’t ready for. It would depend on my partner’s interests.

DC

Claws and Arrows (Green Arrow/Catwoman. Bondage)

Gotham has gotten to be a chaotic place as of late. Not only is the Batman keeping tabs on things, but there are a number of costumed criminals who make it progressively more difficult to steal an honest living. After a close call with law enforcement, Catwoman starts to wonder if maybe a change of scenery is in order. It is well known that Star City's only real guardian is a man with a simple bow and arrow. How hard could it be to elude a guy like that?

I like the idea of Oliver and Selena having their duel lives interact with each other. Half the time he is in costume chasing her, but perhaps he meets her at a party when they aren't wearing the costumes and finds himself taken with her. Eventually I would like to see them team up against some bigger foe that challenges Catwoman's morality a little.

Helm of Fate (Dr. Fate/Zatanna. Light)

Something is wrong with the mortal realm. Bodies are being found mutilated, burned or torn to pieces in ways police cannot explain. There are always people who claim the end of the world is at hand, but even the most level headed individual can sense that perhaps the end of humanity really is in the air.

In the midst of all this, Kent Nelson is a young college student who just wants to find his place in the world. Kent is pulled from his studies by an urgent notice from his grandfather, calling him to the family estate in New York. When Kent gets there, he discovers that his grandfather has been killed, another mangled corpse that the police cannot explain. Kent stays in the family home for a few days to see to his grandfather's affairs, and that is when he starts to have the dreams. In the dreams, he is visited by a spirit named Nabu, who warns him that the end times are coming. Nabu can give Kent the power to try to turn the tide, but at a price. The dreams point to the cellar, a place his grandfather always kept locked with a series of expensive locks. With some effort, Kent is eventually able to break into the cellar. Inside, he finds a golden helm and a note from his grandfather. The note explains that this is the helm of fate, which Nabu is bound to. The wearer can tap into Nabu's powers, but the bonding process is trying. Only people from Kent's bloodline can survive it with their individually intact, and even for them it is an ordeal. Nabu's presence claws at them, trying to assume control of their body so he can walk the earth. Each use of the helmet could cost your sanity, or your very soul.

Terrified by all this, Kent seeks out someone who might understand the supernatural. His search leads him to Zatanna. Zatanna can instantly sense that Kent is marked by the demons who walk the earth. The spirits can sense that he has the helm, and they will stop at nothing to destroy him.

(This would be a starting point. Zatanna needs help to stop what is happening, but each time Kent uses the helm, he risks himself. As their relationship grows romantic, the situation grows more complex. Kent cant sit back while Zatanna risks herself, and Zatanna knows what could happen if the helm is used recklessly.)

I'm Here to Kill You (Green Arrow/Felicity Smoak. Light to Bondage)

In the comics, the relationship between Oliver and Felicity starts out quite different. Felicity is a well known hacker who sells her services to the highest bidder. One of those bidders hires her to learn everything she can about the Green Arrow. She is to find out who he really is, where his bases are, and where he is vulnerable. Given her technical aptitude, Felicity finds all of this, but in the process she discovers that the Green Arrow does a lot of good for the city. Realizing that her employer plans to kill Oliver once he learns everything, Felicity changes sides, instead telling Oliver everything she knew about her employer.

I really like the altered meeting between the two. Felicity isn't recruited, she simply forces her way into Oliver's life. Perhaps she arranges to meet him at a party while she is trying to decide what she knows about his identity, and sees something in her eyes that makes the choice for her. Of course, there is also the matter of what her former employer will do once he realizes Felicity has switched sides. She is about to become one of the most hunted people in the world.

PLOTLESS PAIRINGS:

Green Arrow/Black Canary
Ultraman/Superwoman

Flash

The Detective (Flash/Patty. Light to bondage)

This one is less of a specific plot, but I would really like to do a pairing between the Flash and Detective Patty Spivot. Patty's position on the metahuman task force means that she is constantly placed in dangerous situations, and puts her in frequent contact with the Flash. At the same time, Patty is starting a relationship with Barry Allen, completely unaware that he is the Flash.

I really want to play up the duality of their relationship. Patty might be frustrated by the way Barry is always disappearing, and she finds herself drawn to the Flash.

This could go a lot of different ways. I like the idea of her discovering the truth when Barry is injured and she has to get him out of a life threatening situation. Depending on my partner's interests, there could be damsel in distress situations in the story, as Patty is constantly in harm's way because of her job. Perhaps she starts to get a reputation as someone connected to the Flash, which would make her ideal bait if someone wanted to lure him out.

Man of Steel

Aftermath (Superman/Lois. Light to bondage)

I'm interested in a story that picks up almost exactly where Man of Steel left off. It doesn't have to be the same universe exactly, but I like starting with the general idea. The world knows Superman exists, but they don't know what to make of him. The only person who knows the real story is Lois Lane. While others see something to be feared and distrusted, she sees only someone who cares for the people, especially her.

I like the idea of a very romantic story between the two of them, but it could go a lot of different ways. If the people threatened by Superman want answers, they know there is only one human who knows him. We could explore what it means to be the only one who knows the secret from an emotional standpoint for both, but also explore how others try to exploit their pairing for sinister reasons. Again, it all depends on what my partner wants.

Smallville

A Fallen World (Clark/Lois. Light)

Several years in the future, in a time where Clark has accepted his destiny as Superman, disaster strikes. Shadowy forces attack the earth, and though Superman tries to stop them, he ultimately falls.

Unwilling to accept defeat, his wife, Lois Lane, travels to the fortress and uses it to travel back to a time before she knew Clark. She finds herself inhabiting her body from several years ago, with all her memories and experiences from the future. It is her hope to convince him of the coming threat, and to use her knowledge of his full potential to train him to become someone who can save the world.

(This is a vague little outline, but you get the idea. The idea here is to pair Clark with a slightly older Lois. She would be more experienced than him in the ways of the real world, as well as her knowledge of their relationship.)

Keeping the Secret(Clark/Chloe. Light to bondage)

Let me preface this one by saying that for the first three years of the show, I hoped the series would end with Chloe moving to Metropolis and taking the pen name 'Lois Lane.'

This one would take place fairly early in the show's run. Something happens that forces Clark to reveal his powers to Chloe, which is a worst case scenario for him. Her desire for the truth will force her to publish his secret, right? When she doesn't, it creates a new connection between the two of them. Suddenly, Clark has a partner, someone he can turn to through the insanity of his life. He never realized just how much he needed something like that.

In Another Life(Clark/Tess. Light to Bondage)

I really like the idea of an alternate Smallville, one where Tess was the heiress to the Luthor fortune who was sent to Smallville to master her business skills. It is Tess who gets distracted while driving and hits young Clark Kent with her car. When the young man is unharmed by the impact, she starts to grow suspicious. Despite her hunger for knowledge, the two become friends, and eventually something more. That close connection encourages Clark to tell Tess the truth, letting his guard down around the daughter of the town's most hated man.

What would a world look like where Lionel Luthor's daughter ended up with the son of Jor-El? How would their destinies be shaped? And what would happen when Tess's brother Lex came looking to take over the family business? These are questions I would love to answer.

Supergirl

Piece of Home (Original Character/Supergirl. Light to bondage)

I'm still trying to figure out what to make of this show, but it has given me an idea for an original character to pair with Supergirl.

Jason Fine has a secret. Years ago, he was there when Kara Zor-El's vessel crashed to earth. Fascinated with the sight of an alien ship, he raced towards it, but Superman had found the vessel and carried it away before Jason arrived. But Superman missed something. As Jason examined the crash site, he found a small puddle of silver liquid that seemed to react to him. Before he could process the danger he was in, the liquid absorbed into his skin and changed him on a molecular level.

In the days that followed, Jason noticed a number of differences in his body. He had most of the powers of a kryptonian, though flight seemed to elude him. But while he couldn't defy gravity, he was smarter than he had been before. A lot smarter. Rather than reveal himself to the world, his family feared that he would be taken away and studied if he were discovered. So he kept his gifts a secret.

Not even Jason's family knew the whole truth. Jason never told them about the voice in the back of his head, a voice that whispered that Jason was now BRAINIAC, destined to help the last true kryptonians conquer this world and destroy the surviving members of the house of El. Over time, Jason learned to fight the voice, but it never went away.

In the present day, Jason is 25 years old and worlds as a prominent scientist for Lord Industries. When his lab suffers a bombing, Supergirl arrives to save the day. But with the massive structural damage, not even she can save everyone. Jason is forced to reveal his gifts and assist, though nobody sees him but Supergirl.

I would like this to be the start of a relationship between Supergirl and Jason. Perhaps he could start helping her on missions, and that blossoms into romance. The voice in his mind would protest him helping Supergirl, encouraging him to kill her, but he would refuse. (It could create amusing little moments though, where he might start accidentally speaking kryptonian in her presence.)

Eventually, the voice would change, telling Jason that General Zod, BRAINIAC's true master, is almost here. When Zod arrives, Jason will be forced to help the general enslave the planet and destroy Kara. That is, unless his feelings for her are stronger.

Please send me a PM if any of these ideas appeal to you. And again, I'm not limited to these characters or situations. These are just the ones I have ideas for.
"You fight for the wizard?" Black Adam

"I fight for those who can't fight for themselves." Superman