News:

Main Menu

Humble Indie Bundle V

Started by Remiel, June 08, 2012, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Just read about this the other day on Penny Arcade.  The Humble Indie Bundle is a package of independent games that you can get for, well, whatever you want to pay.  You can choose how much of your donation goes to the developers, and how much goes to Child's Play charity.  Like Penny Arcade, I was blown away by the quality of games that are being offered in this package:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Limbo
Psychonauts
Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery EP
Bastion
Braid
Lone Survivor
Super Meat Boy

The last four are available if you match or exceed the average donation amount ($8.13 at the time of this post).

The only game on this list I have played is Amnesia: the Dark Descent, and I think that alone should make the bundle well worth the $8.13.   If you like scary first-person horror, you'll certainly not be disappointed (and even Yahtzee seems to agree.)

I'm really looking forward to Bastion, Braid, and Limbo, all games which I have heard about for have, for one reason or another, never really gotten around to trying. 

Izzie Aditi

*flails excitedly* Awesome!!!! Must get!!
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Shjade

If I didn't already own Bastion I'd probably pick this up.

...but since I do, and pure platformer and horror games don't really "do it" for me, the rest of the bundle is pretty much not my thing. :|

Still a great list if those gameplay types fall under your "nomnomnom delicious" column.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

Ah, Limbo... nothing makes good gaming like a disconnection from reality, based around infanticide.