News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Rest In Peace, John Hughes

Started by Lady Annabelle, August 07, 2009, 11:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Annabelle

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=424817&gt1=28101

As a child of the 80's, it is nearly impossible to have missed a John Hughes film.  They were the most important and seminal films of the decade.  They have shaped each one of us and with a saddened heart, I read that he passed away.  So, whether it be from Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, or Ferris Bueller's Day Off or another of his wonderful films, his work will always live on.

Let us remember our favorite moments from his films or his life as we should never let his legacy ever die.

QuoteDear Mr. Vernon,
We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is that we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms and in the most convenient definitions.... But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain. And an athlete. And a basket case. A princess. And a criminal. Does that answer your question?
Sincerely yours,
The Breakfast Club.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Oniya

QuoteWe're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

I think I'm going to change my sig now.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SuperHans

John Hughes, Bobby Robson...it's been a sad week!  :'( I think this prompts a memorial viewing of the Breakfast Club.
That's just, like, your opinion, man

O&O

consortium11

It's been a black season man... people I respect are dying left right and centre.

RIP