Quick question

Started by Ophelia Jaxon, November 27, 2011, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ophelia Jaxon

Hi, I was wondering...How do you get spoilers to not say spoilers? I want to make my ideas thread a bit more...Pretty so one can pick what plot they want to read instead of scrolling through the entire thing. I see some that have the title of their plot on a...click button rather than it saying spoiler. HOw do I do that? x

ζ ·· The Ideas ·· The Kinks ·· The Apologies ·· The Rabbit Hole ·· ζ
come get a little crazy wicked with me...

Lord Drake

write into the brackets: spoiler=put here what you want it to read
this is the way

[spoiler=write into the brackets: spoiler=put here what you want it to read]this is the way[/spoiler]

Does this help??
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Ophelia Jaxon

ζ ·· The Ideas ·· The Kinks ·· The Apologies ·· The Rabbit Hole ·· ζ
come get a little crazy wicked with me...

DrFier

Nice!
Thanks

Is there any way to have them start open? It seems counter-intuitive but it could be useful in certain situations.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Haibane

I don't think so, the whole point of a spoiler tag is to HIDE the contents from casual view and you have to actively open it to see inside. There might be another BB code tag that you can use to wrap around text or a picture to keep it on show and hide it when its clicked, but I don't know of one.

Caeli

Haibane is correct; the idea of the spoiler is to hide information that can be viewed by those who wish to, for whatever reason. Making it viewable automatically would defeat the purpose.

At this time, there is no tag or code you can use to keep the spoiler tag open by default, and no similar tag to do that function to other elements of your post (that is, text and/or images).
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

DrFier

I kind of figured. But yes that was my idea, have something open and collapsible later if they wanted.  My original idea wouldn't work though because it required BBC in the spoiler title.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.