Call of Cthulhu - Planning, Announcements (Currently Full)

Started by angelic traces, July 26, 2012, 07:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: nyarlathotep on July 31, 2012, 09:37:17 PM
Haven't looked at the PDF but I'm guessing those are calculated by the form. Idea is always 5 X Int, Luck is always 5 X Pow, and Know is 5 X Edu (max 99)

I use Hero Lab for mine.. let's me track things too.

Lumasan

This I know now, by looking at them online. But the auto calculations aren't working for me. Not sure what's going wrong. :/ I might have to resort to using a written sheet, or printing one off, filling it in and then scanning. :(

I just looked up hero lab, I need something I don't have to buy and the one other place to get a pdf (from Chaosium) won't let me create an account because it's verification thing is bugged. :/
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lumasan on July 31, 2012, 09:46:18 PM
This I know now, by looking at them online. But the auto calculations aren't working for me. Not sure what's going wrong. :/ I might have to resort to using a written sheet, or printing one off, filling it in and then scanning. :(

I just looked up hero lab, I need something I don't have to buy and the one other place to get a pdf (from Chaosium) won't let me create an account because it's verification thing is bugged. :/

I've been using Herolab a LONG time.. like since version 0.90. As a result I got A LOT OF Licenses over time. (My pathfinder section is WIDE)

Lumasan

I forgot to role income. I literally just rolled a 9 on a d10. What. What kind of occupation with my stats could I possibly do to give me that much yearly income. Or should I just go with oil tycoon's daughter. *facepalm* I knew this was going to happen. Roll my stats (everythings practically the same) roll income, get second highest. X3

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

angelic traces

Hi guys!

I think our best bet is to use the fill-able one I linked in the first post. You can save it from the wiki, fill it out, and re-upload it so that we can all see it.

Lumasan, go ahead and replace one of those 13s with a 16. You can pick which. I call shenanigans on those dice. =)

nyarlathotep, if you want to play one of your old characters shoot me a pm and I'll take a look at them. Of course new characters are welcome as well. It's up to you.

I apologize for any confusion. This is my first time running a dice based game via a forum, so things might be a little bumpy at times. I'm going to put it out there right now that this isn't just my game, it's your game too so if there's anything I can do to make things better feel free to point them out to me. ^_^

angelic traces

UPDATE!
I've figured out the solution to the character sheet problem. I've formatted it after the one's provided in my campaign book. If you've already sent me something, don't panic! I am going to convert everything I have over to the new format and put it in the first post. Feel free to start on your own if you'd like but don't worry about it. I caused the confusion, so let me get things reorganized for you. =3

Edit: I've done AndyZ's sheet, so you can check it out in the first post.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

angelic traces

We have two completely done, two halfway, and one in progress. We could take on one more! ^_^

Everyone, I typed up a description of Providence. I hope it will help with the backstory writing!

Lumasan

Wait... do you still want me to put in the app as a pdf? *confused by the changes*

Okay now I'm really confused. It says in the quick start guide to take 8 skills as class skills... so how come everyone else has more than that? *confused*

*epic facepalm* I just derped. There's hobby skills too. *facedesk*

angelic traces

I'm sorry. =(

You can still use the pdf for your own reference, but I want the stats posted in a block like the ones I have up. If you want, I can copy it over from the pdf for you. =)

As for skills, you get occupation skill points equal to EDUx20. These points can only go into your eight choosen skills. After that you get INTx20 in personal interest points. These points you can put in any skill to flesh out your character. Does that make sense?

AndyZ

EDU*20 as well as INT*20?!  Crap, the quickgen just said EDU*15.  I have a lot more to spend!
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

nyarlathotep

The version 5.6 rules had skills as EDUX15 I believe. I think the 6.0 rules changed it to EDUX20. It's been a while so I could be wrong.

When I've run Call of Cthulhu games in the past I haven't been too bothered about stats and skills so long as they are reasonable. A game like this has such a low survival rate and relies so much on mystery solving and intellect that most of the time it's fairly pointless anyway. Even a muscle bound genius can be reduced to a quivering wreck or ripped into tiny pieces even by a member of a lesser servitor race.
"Give it to me", she yelled. "I'm so wet! Give it to me now!"

She could scream all she wanted. I was keeping the umbrella.

Nyarlathotep's corner | My Ons and Offs | My A&A
My solo cravings

angelic traces

Yes it's EDUx20. I lied on the personal points though. When you asked I went and looked at the book a second time to double check and that is only INTx10. Sorry again for any confusion. >.<

Lumasan

You know what sucks? Migraines and people who get in the way of me finishing a character sheet. >.> Is there a limit to personal/hobby skills we can have? There's no statement I can see in the quickstart guide regarding max number of hobby/personal skills.

Also are we taking in to account anything from the 1920's Investigator's Companion (particularly the occupations)? Was a bit curious, because I was looking at it for an idea of common occupations at that time, and they brought up things about added things for choosing an occupation (like con bonuses, int bonuses, keeping your cool and what now)

AndyZ

I'll be out for the next two days.  I may get some posting done but won't really be back until tomorrow night.  I'll try to add the other points when I can.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Lumasan

I am running into problems left and right with this pdf, and it isn't the auto-calculating one. I have no idea what's causing them since no one is having my problems. I officially cannot add any skill points, only check my boxes. >.>

angelic traces

Hey guys! Lumasan, I don't have the Investigator's Companion but if there's something from there you wanted to use you could pm it to me and I will consider it. I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble with the sheet! If you'd like, shoot me a pm with the character you'd like to create and I'll see what if I can make it work. ^_^

Lumasan

Alright, I'm thinking I'm going to have to do something to make this organized. Idk what yet. I will not let this pdf defeat me. X3

BraveEarth

Because I live very close to Providence I am going to be looking over your guys' shoulder to make sure you did your homework

angelic traces

I'm pulling my content from a campaign book, but I would be interested in knowing if they got anything wrong. =p These guys may not stay in Providence very long though. Were you interested in playing Brave?

BraveEarth

I'm wholly unfamiliar with the system other than its infamous lethality.

angelic traces

Aw, too bad. It's a pretty easy system to learn, since it's all percentage based. It is certainly a dangerous game for characters though. It takes a good keeper to to keep the players just on the edge of dying/insanity and not send them over the edge without making it obvious that you're doing it. =p

AndyZ

Okay, Katrina's PDF has been updated to give me Edu*20 and Intel*10 skill points.  I only had Edu*15 before.

ChaoticSky

O.o Wow, this looks very.... interesting, too bad I'm late to the party  :-(

AndyZ