Get Rich or Cry Trying (interest thread......again!)

Started by azzmeister89, July 07, 2018, 09:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

I hadn't actually considered the auction idea but it sounds fun.

Anouk Daae

just waiting now?

If you'd like to start play with just the 4 of you, I can remove my application. It's no big deal.

Norsegod1839

We're waiting for at least one other guy. There's no reason to remove your application. If it was just the four of us then it wouldn't be as fun anyways because we'd essentially pair off two to two.

Really this is a large group game I'd feel it would work best if we had five guys five girls.

azzmeister89

As Norse said there is no need to withdraw, we just need one more male character to start, surely there are other guys about who like the idea of this game.

Anouk Daae

Are you both GMs to this game?

I just mean that if you wanted to start the game off, I could hang back so we're not just waiting in limbo.

For recruitment purposes though, it might help if on the initial thread - you listed pictures and names of the applied characters so that other people can just pop in and see what is offered. Just a thought, don't mind me.

azzmeister89

I'm the GM of the game, Norse is just very enthusiastic lol

I'll definitely take your advice into account

Norsegod1839

lol I am enthusiastic I think I've joined you every time you've posted the game up.

Norsegod1839

Name: Sebastian Alverez

Height: Six Foot

Personality:

Generally speaking Alverez is a hard working blue collar worker who built his fortune out of nothing. He's invested a lot of time energy and money into something he can be proud of. He's a strong stoic man the type thats very prideful of his achievements. He isn't big on talking but when he does speak he talks slowly and with a weight that isn't seen in most other men. He loved to read in his spare time and also sketches out buildings in a notebook he always keeps on his body.

Hobbies:

Reading, Carpentry, Working On projects, Working Out

Ons:

Same as the writer (Big Romantic)

Offs:

Fake people

History:

Sebastian is the son of two Cuban immigrants who came to the United States legally before he was born. His dad worked construction while his mom cleaned hotels and various high rises around New York City. When Sebastian was born his parents both promised themselves they would work hard to give their son the American dream. For the most part they did and Sebastian knew a happy relatively stable home life. The older he got the more he went to help his dad with construction projects and began to build his trade. He had a knack for it and was really smart in terms of not only the mechanical stuff but the business side of things.

Eventually he graduated high school at the top of his class and went to work for the same construction company his father worked for. He worked days doing construction jobs then spent his night at community college to get his degree in business. Once he did he used the money he saved to buy out the company's owner and took control. Sebastian was aggressive in the business world and after several years of long hard work turned the fledgling company into a powerhouse. He became very rich on top of his success and has always tried to remember his roots.

TECHNICALLY I'm outside your age bracket but I can't imagine there are many working class rich men who are 25 to 26. Not unless they came from money already. I think thats one of the problems man some of the constraints. By being younger dudes (25-26) and saying they're working class I'm having a hard time figuring out how they get their money besides just being really smart or getting really lucky. Most of the working class own a business type have to invest years into their buisness to get the kind of money that would attract these girls.

If the age thing is a hard limit I'll turn the character above into a son of Sebastian. However that would mean most of the real money is in dad and he just stands to inherit it all if he can keep his nose out of trouble.

Norsegod1839

Name:

Alexander Hamilton

Height: 5'9

Personality:

Quite and reserved, generally speaking he's shy unless he's in his element (the kitchen). The minute you put him in the kitchen the true side of him comes out. The artist who can turn a simple set of ingredients and supplies into a work of art. He moves almost like a dancer in the kitchen and plays it up as if he was putting on an elaborate show.

Hobbies:

Cooking, Cooking, And did I mention Cooking? When he isn't he can be seen reading working out and relaxing with TV

Ons:

Same as writer

Offs:

Same as writer

History:

Born to a rather simple southern homestead. Alex knew from an early age that cooking was his dream and his passion. The more he cooked the more he fell in love with the level of creation. From that age and onward he was known as the "weird kid who liked to cook".

Fast forward to culinary school right out of high school. He was a natural a prodigy who received very high marks and was known not just for his food but who he became in the kitchen. He was always pushing, always creating and learning. He easily graduated culinary school and instead of taking the Paris route or going overseas to learn more he set his sights on New York City. He went there right away busting his ass doing the grunt work and trying to break into the ranks of the elite Chefs of the big apple.

Normally this would have taken a few more years of hard manual labor. However Alexander was lucky, a year and a half ago he happened to cook a dish for one of New York's premier socialites. The women was the type who's word carried weight in social circles and the restaurant Alexander was working at soon received a barrage of request for his cooking and renting him out. It was when he started being rented out that his secondary talent as a performer became known. The parties interested in him only became more enamored with the young man. The money started pouring in, enough for him to quite his day job and start working as a private chef who did parties.

Norsegod1839

If you're good with both of those characters and you guys want to move forward I can play both and we can start.

azzmeister89

If you want to play both characters then I have no issues. I'll make the ooc after work and then should have the actual game started later this evening

azzmeister89

Ok so a little later than planned but here is the ooc thread, I'll work on the Ic thread over the coarse of the day

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=293287.0

azzmeister89

Norsegod1839

Giving this one a Bump! We're still looking to get a larger game going.