5th Ed D&D - Newgate's Champions

Started by Devil's Advocate, January 02, 2017, 03:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil's Advocate

From 10 to 7 in two days. Guess we're looking for a few good players. :)
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 02, 2017, 11:19:22 PM
This looks interesting, but how much knowledge of 5E do you want us to have?

Not much knowledge required.
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

We just had a couple of people drop, sadly. Our group is very fast paced, as we have a lot of writers/players that are extremely interested in the concept. So, if you want to join, be prepared to post at nearly a post a day rate.

We really need a fighter type for the group, so someone creating that, would have priority. We can take up to 4 more people.
O/o's

A/a's

CeruleanSerenity

I admit I've been watching the game and wishing I had joined before... but I'm not sure I can keep up with that posting rate. I'm tempted to try, but I wouldn't want to bog things down.

I'll have to consider it, at least.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on February 05, 2017, 05:30:21 PM
I admit I've been watching the game and wishing I had joined before... but I'm not sure I can keep up with that posting rate. I'm tempted to try, but I wouldn't want to bog things down.

I'll have to consider it, at least.

Give it a try, if you'd like. We certainly know how to write around people when necessary. Combat does slow things down. But, I'm glad that you're watching and liking what you see!
O/o's

A/a's

CeruleanSerenity

I could probably post more often during combat (and I'd try to)... the tactical decisions wouldn't take long, especially if I'm a pure martial class, and it's probably better for combat posts to be quick than detailed if I had to choose. So I'm not worried about that.

Though it will probably take a couple of days to finish a character... so I'll let you know if I'm having second thoughts. Is there anything about character creation or starting equipment I need to know beyond what's in the first post here?

I probably will go with either fighter or barbarian though, since that's what you need... leaning a bit towards barbarian, but I'll see what concepts spark my interest more.

(Speaking of concepts, do they have chainmail bikinis in this setting? Playing a normal person who gets tossed into a fantasy world and handed a fancy sword and set of Red Sonja style armor sounds like fun.)

Zaer Darkwail

Chainmail bikini concept excists in the setting :)

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on February 05, 2017, 07:50:46 PM
I could probably post more often during combat (and I'd try to)... the tactical decisions wouldn't take long, especially if I'm a pure martial class, and it's probably better for combat posts to be quick than detailed if I had to choose. So I'm not worried about that.

Though it will probably take a couple of days to finish a character... so I'll let you know if I'm having second thoughts. Is there anything about character creation or starting equipment I need to know beyond what's in the first post here?

I probably will go with either fighter or barbarian though, since that's what you need... leaning a bit towards barbarian, but I'll see what concepts spark my interest more.

(Speaking of concepts, do they have chainmail bikinis in this setting? Playing a normal person who gets tossed into a fantasy world and handed a fancy sword and set of Red Sonja style armor sounds like fun.)

Standard point buy, standard equipment (and background equipment) and yes, chainmail bikinis exist. :)
O/o's

A/a's

CeruleanSerenity

I'm actually done with my sheet now... I just need to decide on a picture out of the dozens I've collected after looking through thousands. It might be a sign that I have a bit of a problem when I've spent more time worrying about what picture to use than actually writing up the sheet, but oh well. Oh, and I need to review the sheet for mistakes...

I'm short on time now, but I should be able to PM it to you later today.

Chulanowa

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on February 07, 2017, 03:38:34 PM
I'm actually done with my sheet now... I just need to decide on a picture out of the dozens I've collected after looking through thousands. It might be a sign that I have a bit of a problem when I've spent more time worrying about what picture to use than actually writing up the sheet, but oh well. Oh, and I need to review the sheet for mistakes...

I'm right there with you. Usually use an image that makes me go "I want to play this" and then start the character.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on February 07, 2017, 03:38:34 PM

I always find it interesting how people create characters. Myself, I always have a concept and then make the stats, etc. fit it and then last (and always hardest) is the name. Picture is usually near that, as well.

I did receive it. I'll review it tonight once the kids are in bed.

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 07, 2017, 05:45:49 PM
I'm right there with you. Usually use an image that makes me go "I want to play this" and then start the character.

Chulanowa, are you planning on working on something? :)
O/o's

A/a's

Chulanowa

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 07, 2017, 10:06:09 PM
I'm considering it, at least!

I will let you continue to consider, then. :)
O/o's

A/a's