5th Ed D&D - Newgate's Champions

Started by Devil's Advocate, January 02, 2017, 03:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

I'm kind of feeling sorcerer, maybe a ranger or fighter. Definitely leaning Tabaxi... 'cause really? I have no idea what a damn Firbolg looks like. (A firbolg rogue would be hilarious though. I AM SNEAKING, STOMP STOMP STOMP)

Cataclysmic Archangel

There's a part of me that's considering this.  I've had some minor experiencing with both GM'ing and playing in 5E, although everything I've played was ruled out quickly (I do a lot of divine characters).  Honestly what's stopping me the most is incorporating anything of RL into it... RL depresses me, I'm here for a reason.  So must consider, effectively, RP'ing two characters... someone modern, followed by what they'd morph into.

Doomblade403xxx

As I am want to do I have changed my mind as regards to the class of character I will be wanting to play. I shall in fact be a Wizard. Old character I drew up like last year and never really got a chance to play to his full fruition.

AndyZ

Maybe it's just me, but many of the concepts fluttering in my head would much rather be in the fantasy world than the real one.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Silver Phoenix

Quote from: AndyZ on January 03, 2017, 05:42:40 AM
Maybe it's just me, but many of the concepts fluttering in my head would much rather be in the fantasy world than the real one.
I know,  right? ;D
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

Rummy Tum Tum

I've been wanting to do something like this. Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, which I used to play the hell out of. I'm interested, though I don't know what I'd be.

I do get the feeling that the "Real Life" version of my character would be bland or depressing and he wouldn't want to go back.

Doomblade403xxx

I personally would much rather just play straight up d&d. The rules are something I know and its gonna be crazy confusing jumping back and forth in some kind of time continium or whatever.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, what level we start in :). Stats are 27 point buy?

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 03, 2017, 01:22:28 AM
I'm kind of feeling sorcerer, maybe a ranger or fighter. Definitely leaning Tabaxi... 'cause really? I have no idea what a damn Firbolg looks like. (A firbolg rogue would be hilarious though. I AM SNEAKING, STOMP STOMP STOMP)

I think the Tabaxi race is hilarious. Reminds me of what most people would call a less annoying version of kender. I, personally love kender, but.... We're not in Dragonlance anyways. :) So, is your character a crazy cat lady? :)

Quote from: Arcannyx on January 03, 2017, 04:46:54 AM
There's a part of me that's considering this.  I've had some minor experiencing with both GM'ing and playing in 5E, although everything I've played was ruled out quickly (I do a lot of divine characters).  Honestly what's stopping me the most is incorporating anything of RL into it... RL depresses me, I'm here for a reason.  So must consider, effectively, RP'ing two characters... someone modern, followed by what they'd morph into.

The "real life aspect" is more of stuff for background. It matters for character introductions and how your characters view the world. It also means they know nothing about this. Beyond that, *shrug* I'm not sure how much it comes into play. What is nice about it is that it gives everyone a familiar starting point that everyone can easily relate to. So you would only be doing one character.

Quote from: Doomblade403xxx on January 03, 2017, 05:38:54 AM
As I am want to do I have changed my mind as regards to the class of character I will be wanting to play. I shall in fact be a Wizard. Old character I drew up like last year and never really got a chance to play to his full fruition.

Well, draw it up and get it to me. :)

Quote from: AndyZ on January 03, 2017, 05:42:40 AM
Quote from: Silver Phoenix on January 03, 2017, 05:54:41 AM
I know,  right? ;D

Can't help either of you with that. :)

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 03, 2017, 06:36:13 AM
I've been wanting to do something like this. Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, which I used to play the hell out of. I'm interested, though I don't know what I'd be.

I do get the feeling that the "Real Life" version of my character would be bland or depressing and he wouldn't want to go back.

Up to you. Figure it out and get me a concept. After meeting this world your character might have a different point of view, but we shall see. :) That's the fun. :)

Quote from: Doomblade403xxx on January 03, 2017, 07:07:04 AM
I personally would much rather just play straight up d&d. The rules are something I know and its gonna be crazy confusing jumping back and forth in some kind of time continium or whatever.

There is no jumping back and forth. I don't think you understand the concept. Up to you on whether to join or not.

Quote from: Muse on January 03, 2017, 08:03:05 AM
  :)  So how do we start, D.A.? 

Get me a character sheet and background for approval.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 03, 2017, 08:33:58 AM
Yeah, what level we start in :). Stats are 27 point buy?

First level, standard 5e point buy.
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I know Unearthed Arcana is not approved at source but can we request individual stuff approved from it? I was mostly thinking Alchemist feat from it (would fit for concept I have so far build inside my head).

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 03, 2017, 11:40:13 AM
Ok, I know Unearthed Arcana is not approved at source but can we request individual stuff approved from it? I was mostly thinking Alchemist feat from it (would fit for concept I have so far build inside my head).

Send me a PM and let me know what you're thinking.
O/o's

A/a's

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, will work on char concept/sheet and send it to you (planned take Alchemist in first level).

Devil's Advocate

I have set up forums. For now, stick to the OOC forum

Useful information will be placed here

When your character is approved in PM, place your character in Approved Characters

I have put up the first post on the Game Thread . Do not fear. Your starting equipment will be available to you soon. Just keep it on the character sheet for when it is received.
O/o's

A/a's

Cythieus

I'm a member who pops in from time to time to see what kind of D&D games people are running. This caught my eye because of the real world translation into this fantasy world thing. I'm all about the character and the idea that sparked instantly for me was a woman who's a little on the younger side, early twenties maybe, and she has a debilitating illness that leaves her mostly immobilized and wheelchair bound. She would awaken in this world able to walk and make full use of her body. Wizard is the first class that comes to mind.

I don't actually know if you have any more room in your game. But I do like the inspiration that this brought out.

Relikai

Placing my interest here.

Is there space for a Ranger/Druid, whose specialty lies in healing people with the Healer Feat using Healer's Kits?

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Cythieus on January 04, 2017, 03:59:13 AM
I'm a member who pops in from time to time to see what kind of D&D games people are running. This caught my eye because of the real world translation into this fantasy world thing. I'm all about the character and the idea that sparked instantly for me was a woman who's a little on the younger side, early twenties maybe, and she has a debilitating illness that leaves her mostly immobilized and wheelchair bound. She would awaken in this world able to walk and make full use of her body. Wizard is the first class that comes to mind.

I don't actually know if you have any more room in your game. But I do like the inspiration that this brought out.

Sounds like a great concept. Feel free to stat it up and PM me with a first draft/final product so we can get approval and get you going.

Quote from: Relikai on January 04, 2017, 09:08:11 AM
Placing my interest here.

Is there space for a Ranger/Druid, whose specialty lies in healing people with the Healer Feat using Healer's Kits?

Room for one and all. However, there is no known magical healing in this world, so that's not going to work terribly well as a concept.
O/o's

A/a's

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rummy Tum Tum

Relikai

Hmm Healer's Kit isn't exactly magic, more like the ability to patch someone up better using a Medicine check since it doesn't use cantrips, spell slots, and is usable by any class or character as long as they have the feat.

What might be your view on this GM?

Cythieus

I'll get to work after I'm home tonight.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Cythieus on January 04, 2017, 05:54:52 PM
I'll get to work after I'm home tonight.

Sounds good.

Quote from: Relikai on January 04, 2017, 05:53:09 PM
Hmm Healer's Kit isn't exactly magic, more like the ability to patch someone up better using a Medicine check since it doesn't use cantrips, spell slots, and is usable by any class or character as long as they have the feat.

What might be your view on this GM?

I have no problem with a "healer's kit" with the use of the medicine skill. Your kit won't be available, initially but it will come with the equipment. You will find that the kit will be herbs and bandages and the like.
O/o's

A/a's

Relikai

Indeed! I will get a sheet up when I can, within 24 hours if I can!

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Relikai on January 04, 2017, 08:37:30 PM
Indeed! I will get a sheet up when I can, within 24 hours if I can!

Good good!
O/o's

A/a's

Relikai

Made a change, I'll go the traditional fighter if everyone's alright ?