News:

Main Menu

For Old-School Gamers!

Started by Avi, July 13, 2008, 03:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

I found this guy on Youtube recently, and I just figured I'd share it with all of you.

http://youtube.com/user/concordat

Search for Star Fox under his videos and you'll find what I'm talking about.  He wrote commentary for each level in Star Fox 64, and a lot of it's pretty good. :D  Enjoy.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Billy Pilgrim

Dude, Star Fox 64 is awesome! I loved playing that game, will be sure to check this out. Did you ever play Star Fox 2 for SNES? It wasn't released at all, but some people dumped a ROM version of it which was pretty interesting. Features from Star Fox 2 were brought into the DS Version of Star Fox, if you played that.

ZK

Star Fox is awesome. Another awesome fact is via the storyline, Star Fox and crew age, a rare thing for Nintendo based franchise. Another thing is that it's also connected in storyline instead of vague things, like Legend of Zelda or Super Mario.

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Billy Pilgrim

Trying to figure out how the story fits together though with each of the games gets confusing, so I just try to think of the games as individual stories so my brain doesn't explode.

Chat Noir

Star Fox 64... Old School?

I suppose it's 2 generations old now.

I consider SNES old school because I never had one (no matter how bad I wanted one). Star Fox was one of my first games ever for my N64. Still one of my favourites.
If you've been missing me please see my thread here.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones...
...but whips and chains excite me."

Ons and Offs
My Roleplays:
Dirty Little Secret|Mystery Men - Unsung Superheroes

Kazae

It's Middle School, to me...XD

Well, technically, that is an apt statement, as I got mine in the 7th grade.  The N64 that is... <_<;

But I also loved the original SNES StarFox, and the rom dump of StarFox 2 kept me entertained for ages, when I finally got a hand on int.  StarFox 64 was great, but I haven't had the opportunity to play any of the later ones in the series...
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(
Yes, I'm probably over-thinking.  Yes, I'm going to continue over-thinking.
There are enough people out there running on autopilot;someone has to make up for those lost synaptic cycles, and it may as well be me.

Push Button...

Le RandomBloke

Since this is for Old-school gamers; oughta try watching Angry Video Game Nerd's video's. (/Angry Nintendo Nerd)

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."